chucku

Charles Urbane
Wakka Wu said:
cluffy said:
Rough one, Wakka Wu. You're gonna want to run the break-in cycle anyway, which can take a day or so... You will be very happy with the results though!!!!

What exactly is this break-in cycle? Is it required?

For new hsd batteries yes. With a smart charger it is usually charge>discharge>charge cycle. Also several charges may be needed to realize maximum capacity.

chucku,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
chucku said:
Wakka Wu said:
cluffy said:
Rough one, Wakka Wu. You're gonna want to run the break-in cycle anyway, which can take a day or so... You will be very happy with the results though!!!!

What exactly is this break-in cycle? Is it required?

For new hsd batteries yes. With a smart charger it is usually charge>discharge>charge cycle. Also several charges may be needed to realize maximum capacity.

He said required. It isn't required. Most HSD batteries never go through a break-in and they work just fine. All NiMH rechargeables were HSD for many years, and hardly any of them were broken in. It is most definitely recommended, because it will help you get the maximum capacity and life from your batteries.

I'd do as cluffy suggests: charge two and put two on a break-in cycle, which takes about 36-40 hours. Once the first two are done, break in the remaining pair. The C-9000 handles this nicely since each slot is programmed separately. This won't do any significant damage to the pair getting the delayed break-in.

pakalolo,

SmokingElectricity

^^^only problem enloops have a smaller diameter and tend to be difficult to use in newer LB models. when i did a warranty exchange a while back, the enloops were very loose and hard to use with my brand new LB.

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
hippocamp said:
That appears to be the grinder they give
@SmokingElectricity- I found a problem with smaller diameter batteries. You start to need to shove not just inward, but frontward or backward.. to keep firm contact. When shaking.. you must hang on to battery. This pressure over time affects the edges of your LB battery opening... not that it will show, but over long periods takes a toll.

@wake n blake-I used to say the enloops were the best from the stock batteries. I have made my new preference the Powerex (the AA240- white ring on top). I swear that they seem to hold charge well, and heat up least. I don't go for higher juice personally. I like the level of "snugness" of the powerex MFLB stock batteries also.

Vitolo,

max

Out to lunch
Vitolo said:
I have made my new preference the Powerex (the AA240- white ring on top).
You mean the 2400? That would be the Imedions, which I believe are still the bats supplied by MF. They do hold a charge well because they're the low discharge design. I don't find anything on a 240.

max,

Wakka Wu

hippocamp said:
i'm about to order a lb from blissSville, and i was curious if the free bonus metal grinder included in the kit, was this one http://www.blisssville.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=201 .

Also is there any benefit to buying through blisssville over amazon or any other retailer which would have it for around $100?

I would imagine that you would run the risk of purchasing an older model of the Launch Box but I could be wrong. And if you order from BlissSville, you get the complete kit. From previous posts that I have read, I noticed that from other retailers you sometimes don't get the full kit.

Wakka Wu,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
hippocamp said:
i'm about to order a lb from blissSville, and i was curious if the free bonus metal grinder included in the kit, was this one http://www.blisssville.com/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=201 .

Also is there any benefit to buying through blisssville over amazon or any other retailer which would have it for around $100?

I would recommend you check out the last few posts in the Retailer's discounts discussion thread:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2463

Personnally, I purchased from PuffItUp and was pleased with all the nice freebies they throw in with the COMPLETE MFLB kit. Including a nice 4pc metal grinder btw.

Vaporisateur,

Vitolo

Vaporist
max said:
Vitolo said:
I have made my new preference the Powerex (the AA240- white ring on top).
You mean the 2400? That would be the Imedions, which I believe are still the bats supplied by MF. They do hold a charge well because they're the low discharge design. I don't find anything on a 240.
The battery now being provided is 2400, like the Imedion. It's correct name is "Powerex AAI240-AAAT". It is 2400 like the Imedion.
It appears to last a little longer, and is a snugger fit.
(apologies for my sloppy designation "AA240" earlier. I was without glasses and "squintin' like a mutha")

Vitolo,

CutePanda

Nycdeisel said:
I was just trying some keif in my box for the first time, and it worked really well

So you had no problems with the kief sticking to the trench afterwards? Since I've been on a kief bender lately, sometimes I'll just lay a layer of ABV and then put kief on top (even though I do have herb). Since I had so much kief, I chose the kief diet.

When I first got my 2700's, I ended up putting 2 batteries through the break-in cycle which I had to cut short to drive home from Michigan to Cali. I was so convinced that the break-in would take 16 hours instead of the 35-45 hours listed in the manual. The other 2 batteries were just charged and worked fine, but I could tell were not up too par. When I got back to Cali, I ran the 2 that never finished the first break-in through another break-in cycle and the 2 that I charged through refresh and analyze. All of the batteries finished at around 2500-2600 mah which is where they should be at.

CutePanda,

turtles

I've tried searching but I'm a tad confused, what's the consensus on extra batteries? I've been using enloops because I had quite a few already so the 2 I stripped are no real loss, however the smaller diameter is annoying.
https://www.dealextreme.com/p/soshi...e-aa-batteries-with-case-4-battery-pack-12720
These are the ones that I saw a couple times in the thread but they don't come with a charger. I was wondering what you guys use to charge them?

turtles,

max

Out to lunch
Wakka Wu said:
hippocamp said:

I would imagine that you would run the risk of purchasing an older model of the Launch Box but I could be wrong. And if you order from BlissSville, you get the complete kit. From previous posts that I have read, I noticed that from other retailers you sometimes don't get the full kit.
Any of the leading on-line dealers are going to have up to date kits. This model really sells. As for incomplete kits, they come complete from MF, and I haven't heard of any on-line dealers breaking them up. They'll do better with good word of mouth and return business, vs. ripping people off.

Vitolo said:
The battery now being provided is 2400, like the Imedion. It's correct name is "Powerex AAI240-AAAT". It is 2400 like the Imedion.
It appears to last a little longer, and is a snugger fit.
My Imedions (what's pictured at Thomas. Dist.) are about as snug as you can get. I googled Powerex AAI240-AAAT and didn't come up with anything, but the 2400 at Thomas Dist. and MAHA is AA1240. The label is different though (all their bats now have the ring at the top). I emailed MAHA about the change. We'll see what they say.

Edit- Got a reply already. "They are the same except for the label."

max,

SmokingElectricity

SmokingElectricity said:
^^^only problem enloops have a smaller diameter and tend to be difficult to use in newer LB models. when i did a warranty exchange a while back, the enloops were very loose and hard to use with my brand new LB.

Vitolo said:
@SmokingElectricity- I found a problem with smaller diameter batteries. You start to need to shove not just inward, but frontward or backward.. to keep firm contact. When shaking.. you must hang on to battery. This pressure over time affects the edges of your LB battery opening... not that it will show, but over long periods takes a toll.

you failed to read the entire post.

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SmokingElectricity said:
you failed to read the entire post.
I read the post. I was agreeing with you, and adding why I personally had bad experience with smaller diameter. Sorry if I communicated that poorly.

Vitolo,

SmokingElectricity

Vitolo said:
I read the post. I was agreeing with you, and adding why I personally had bad experience with smaller diameter. Sorry if I communicated that poorly.

sometime over the past two years enloops now has a new manufacturer. [i forget who] but they changed the diameter of the battery which makes them difficult to use in the LB especially newer models. while the enloops that came with my original LB worked fine in the original, they no longer work well with my brand new replacement model. so now i only recommend Powerex 2700's or the Imedion's to LB owners because they fit great in newer LB models and power wise work exceptionally well.

my apologies if i came off as a dick. but i stated it was a brand new box. the edges are not worn down.

SmokingElectricity,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You didn't come off as a dick.. you were being sure that your point was clear! :)
I understood that part... The edges of one of my LB battery orifices began to show signs of wear from forcing

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

I have that problem with the Eneloops, so much space around the battery with them it slips right out and has room to move around inside which sometimes requires a bit of a re-adjustment of the battery to make contact. I think I will get Imedions so Im not charging every time I hit my Box.

Nycdeisel,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:
Vitolo said:

sometime over the past two years enloops now has a new manufacturer. [i forget who] but they changed the diameter of the battery which makes them difficult to use in the LB especially newer models. while the enloops that came with my original LB worked fine in the original, they no longer work well with my brand new replacement model. so now i only recommend Powerex 2700's or the Imedion's to LB owners because they fit great in newer LB models and power wise work exceptionally well.

my apologies if i came off as a dick. but i stated it was a brand new box. the edges are not worn down.

Eneloops were and still are made by Sanyo. IIRC the battery hole in the lb (after the original version) was enlarged slightly to better accomodate larger diameter batteries such as Powerex and Imedion.

chucku,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
SmokingElectricity said:

Vitolo said:

Magic Flight don't reccomend so (I don't think), but I have adjusted the size of the connecting ring in the LB to be tighter by following MF's instructions somewhere (earlier in the thread, or vaporpedia?) with a light hammer and flat screwdriver. It's actually a pretty easy adjustment to make, but only if you're sensible and careful. If you're not it's easy to over do or tap too hard and you could bend the arm leading to the screen. But IME it's do-able for anyone a bit handy or used to tools.

WatTyler,
Top Bottom