Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
The last time I used my LB in public was the bathroom of the Urgent Care while I was waiting to be seen. Before that was when we went to see Thor, and I used it in the bathroom there twice. Inside the theater was too packed to do it there, plus our daughter was with us.

We will be going to Kennedy Space Center soon, and I definitely plan to take my LB. Can't miss this......

http://kennedyspacecenter.com/sci-fi-summer.aspx

Vicki,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I think most of the danger of using the MFLB is on what you project and authorities can sniff fear and trepidation.
I walk around the same city with my box mod ecig which looks alot like a MFLB and no one bats an eye.
I puff on it on the subway, gas stations, wherever.
I probably would not take my LB to a concert though - we live in more paranoid times and I don't want to deal with having it taken from me if I'm frisked, etc.
I'd sooner eat a giggle brownie an hour before the show and be quite happy with no fear.

jeffp,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Agree 100%.. it is what you project.
My wife used to cringe, when I would do hits in the car or in public. Now it is second nature.
If a gesture and a move is second nature to you it draws little attention.
I was only caught one time. I was a passenger as my wife drove, when a passing driver looked at me, and was puzzled. I kind of showed him the box and made a "J smoking gesture".. got a laugh and a thumbs up!

Vitolo,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
It's like having to pee in NYC; very difficult - you feel like an outlaw with a loaded bladder unless you enter a restaurant or department store and ACT LIKE YOU BELONG.
It's all what you project.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I like walking around outside high with my iPod but I know that "dirty" paraphernalia possession is a more serious crime than a small quantity of herb so I'm more inclined to smoke a joint on certain streets or a parking alley in one of the outer boroughs where I live. I'll never forget how narcs at Grateful Dead shows who looked like hippies busting kids and I'm sure a modern day equivalent exists on or around St. Marks, etc.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I dont even go to st marks anymore, its all crappy headshops and street vendors.

and funny analogy jeff, but I have seen so many people piss in public in thiscity that its not even funny!

but using in public here is also worse then normal possession.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
agreed - i like lou reed's lyric about NYC - 'something like a circus or a sewer' from the album "coney island baby"
that fits st. marks to a t.
there are good head shops in the village though - a few have most of the good vapes; one on sixth ave near the F train - something "bazaar" i remember was decent.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

My favorite shop, NY Gifts, is in the west village, probably around there, its also on Avenue of the Americas ;) They stock the new LBs, they have SB, toro, US Tubes, some Itza, lots of Roor and Illadelph and lots of heady/worked stuff from the best artists in the country...

a bit more on topic, I just loaded a fresh trench :)

Nycdeisel,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I just loaded a fresh ground full trench , and used the PA on the lowest setting I have tried yet. I got light visible very tasty vapor for over a dozen hits. It was so beautiful it almost brought tears to my eyes... when I looked at the ABV.. it was so perfectly golden.
sorry to get mushy.. I love this thing!

Vitolo,

eddy

Magic Flight Launched
I don't go to many concerts but I've found that they look for is usually food or drink. Perhaps if you go to something ghetto they're looking for guns and knives. Still, they won't look through your bag so thoroughly anyway; I can't see them going through every item in your bag that rings. Worst case you say it's your inhaler or aromatizer, they can't just confiscate something when they don't know what it is (this doesn't apply to TSA, always check your mflb ;)).

eddy,

Nycdeisel

I would never travel with a vape like the Box that cant be cleaned completely on a flight like that, unless its a magic flight, that is much different :p

The last few shows I went to had no security of that sort, however I have been to a few in the past before that that did do some basic 'searching' they even had people open their cigarette packs :lol:

Nycdeisel,

eddy

Magic Flight Launched
Wow. We need an NYC MFLB meeting/public demonstration. No one will know wtf we are doing xD

eddy,

hereatlast

I brought my MFLB to the last concert I was at (last Saturday). I placed the box and batteries in my camera case...sure enough, I was searched and asked to show my cards ( :cool: ). As the security guard was pulling out the Box I jumped to explain what the (empty) box offered: the option to vaporize tobacco (from my cigarettes I suppose) on the go. He eyeballed me a bit and might have even done a second pat-down before admitting me (I can't remember :lol:). Needless to say I enjoyed the Box on the inside. BTW, opening cigarette packs is normal fare for most of the shows I go to. The Box offers very nice accompaniment for concert goers IME.

hereatlast,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It's a fact, Jack!
My wife is a certified caregiver, but won't touch the stuff!.
She is also a smoker.
I bought her an LB, and she is now a part time smoker! She vapes tobacco in her box, and carries it with her!
Viva la revolucion!

Vitolo,

Nycdeisel

Thats great, man! tobacco sucks
but good to hear the Box works well with it for that purpose of cutting down at the least

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vitolo said:
I just loaded a fresh ground full trench , and used the PA on the lowest setting I have tried yet. I got light visible very tasty vapor for over a dozen hits. It was so beautiful it almost brought tears to my eyes... when I looked at the ABV.. it was so perfectly golden.
sorry to get mushy.. I love this thing!

Very inspiring! I've not spent time with my newly purchased LB yet - I know it's going to require a bit of a learning curve and an adjustment as to how I do things; just haven't had the inkling yet but I'm getting closer. Thinking of a mini Cosmic grinder for the LB down the line as well as I know I'm going to like this vape as I get into it.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I was actually thinking of a mini OR a small Cosmic to better grind for my LB. not sure which one to get.

Nycdeisel,

eddy

Magic Flight Launched
Just put a couple of crumbs in my box to try using it with the stem (first time in a while). I thought I wasn't getting much but it was browning. Emptied the box, sat down, "Oh, shit."

eddy,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Vitolo said:
It's a fact, Jack!
My wife is a certified caregiver, but won't touch the stuff!.
She is also a smoker.
I bought her an LB, and she is now a part time smoker! She vapes tobacco in her box, and carries it with her!
Viva la revolucion!

You might want to get your wife an electronic cigarette and transition her away from tobacco completely. I didn't think it was possible; tobacco was my favorite vegetable. I was smoking two packs a day; I started smoking when I was 12 (not two packs a day obviously - the sixth grade teacher may have frowned on that...) Our FC friend Lo turned me onto these and it's been 8 months since I put a cigarette in my mouth with zero crazing, only an occasional appetite. It's not an exaggeration to say I owe her my life. Ironic that it was through a marijuana users forum that I ended up quitting deadly tobacco or maybe not ironic at all.

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
I was actually thinking of a mini OR a small Cosmic to better grind for my LB. not sure which one to get.

how does your space case work for you with the LB? i'm thinking that mashing up a SC grind with a mortar and pestle might also be a perfect solution.

jeffp,

Nycdeisel

I would like to think its not ironic, Jeff.

and Vicki, I was thinking of Improv everywhere when he said that, a group in nyc, you can see their flash mod type of things on youtube.

Nycdeisel,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Nycdeisel said:
I would like to think its not ironic, Jeff.

and Vicki, I was thinking of Improv everywhere when he said that, a group in nyc, you can see their flash mod type of things on youtube.
:)

jeffp,
Top Bottom