kewpcer

Yeah, they have to make enough to cover their risk of keeping stock for a small market. I have no problems with it, as our head shops take care of us around here. If I had an issue I can most likely take it back to the shop and the owner would trade me out on the spot. Ya can't beat that.

kewpcer,
A week ago i heard about the MFB and did some HUSTLIN' to get the money together for it.

Seven days later, I'm sitting here vaped out of my mind. I've been smoking for over twenty years and was about to give it up for two reasons:
a) my wife is "sick of coming home to a house that smells like marijuana" and was in the process of throwing my ass out of the house
b) nosy next-door-neighbor complaining to the old lady because he's heard her complaining about it. When I go outside for a toke, guess who has to suddenly rake his back yard?

Watched a gazillion YouTube reviews and how-to videos. Picked it up and knew exactly how to use it. Powder-fine bowl (er -- trench) lasted me HOURS. The battery goes and goes if you just take big fat tokes and then wait for a while for your next rip.

HERE IS THE SELLING POINT. My wife was taking a shower, so I was vaping it up in the kitchen and holding it in for fifteen or twenty seconds. Very little vapor on the exhale. The next thing I know, there's my wife. She's out of the shower and checking email on my laptop.

Mind you it's been five minutes. Mind you she has a nose like a bloodhound. It was like an episode of Seinfeld or a scene from "A Christmas Story." She gave me a kiss -- on the mouth -- and went off to get ready before we went out. Did I mention that she has a nose like a bloodhound?

I'm sitting in the next room getting vaped out of my gourd and have a quarter ounce of Sonoma Coma in front of me. Did I also mention that a trench lasts for-ev-er?

I just purchased twenty rechargeable Duracells and peeled 2/3 of the wrapper off all of them. I will never use another device again. Every payday I'm going to buy another one so that I can have one stashed in several locations. I work at an office with an 'outside smoking area' and I have been vaping there like crazy.

People -- I just don't leave reviews. About anything. And I LIKE a lot of stuff that I should PROBABLY be leaving positive reviews on (for the sake of supporting the person producing the product) but I MUST leave my two cents! I read a million reviews and they ALL raved on and on....and they're all true.

I'm taking a huge vape rip right NOW -- and I can hear my wife mumbling in her sleep. This is literally a dream come true.:lol::peace:

undercoverVAPE,
It pains me to know that headshops are selling the MFLB for over $99. In the UK, this price is quite affordable. However, the quickest I could get it was from ebay for $128. Which is not so affordable.

But I put this down to the fact that I live overseas.

Magic Flight, on this thread, seem happy to have people use the lifetime warranty on the MFLB. Also, if there is a problem with the MFLB, I can't see what a headshop can do except tell you to return it to the manufacturer.

So if I was a young dude (which I'm not) getting off smoking and saving my pennies, then I'd buy the MFLB from Blisssville, ebay or Amazon at $99 or less.

Vapemania-original,

Wispa

Vaporgin. said:
FUCK! i just had my first battery short circuting each other experience and the burn on my finger stings quite alot and my stock 2400's are dead. I assume this because it sounded like they were fizzing when i picked them up. They were hot enough to scorch my sheets on my bed black.

Damn sorry to hear that. What happened to cause it? Did the two batteries touch without the rubber caps on? Hope your finger feels better soon.

I'm slightly paranoid about how I carry two batteries when going out. Usually I have just one but if I'm going to be out for a while I sometimes take two. I put them in separate pockets, with the rubber caps on, and the MFLB in another. This could get tricky in the summer. :)

Wispa,
I've been vaping like a madman -- odor tests in the last 72 hours include vaping at:
* The bar last night. Once in nearly plain view, and once in the bathroom stall.
* At this event where half the town goes once a year. Vaped while walking through a parking lot
* Carl's Jr while standing and waiting for my order!!
* Vons -- in laundry detergent aisle
* Starbucks -- there NOW sipping coffee, surfing the web and VAPING in the corner (direct hit from box)

The "trick" is to PRETEND like you're eating something that looks like a small brown square (like a granola bar or something.) Hold it in your left hand, index finger pushing in the battery, thumb plugging the drawhole. When you see the condensation, "take a bite" of some vape! DON'T be lame by OVER-exaggerating the motion of 'eating.' I just did it AGAIN 2 seconds ago and I'm "eating a granola bar" like I could GIVE A SH*T about it.

Still holding the vape in. Still holding. Still holding. Exhale. Sipping some more Starbucks. NO SMELL! This is freakin' INSANE!!!

:lol:

undercoverVAPE,

danklover

I'm getting a kick out of your reviews undercoverVape, a deserved handle indeed. Vons?! At least at Carl Jr's and Starbucks, they've got their own brand of stink filling the place. Gotta love the stealth factor of the mflb.

undercoverVAPE said:
Still holding the vape in. Still holding. Still holding. Exhale. Sipping some more Starbucks. NO SMELL! This is freakin' INSANE!!!
:lol:

You crack me up :lol:

danklover,

Raf007

Retailer
Nice to read your expe and that you're having fun UndercoverVape.
Ime the LB is so stealth, that I literally use it anywhere without even caring of pretending doing something else!

At the office, in the bus, the metro, while shopping, on terrasse, in restaurants, at church during wedding, in bars, night clubs, in the street, in front of the pol.., in front of coworkers or strangers without them having a clue.
Anywhere, anytime ! this lill box rocks my life !

Raf007,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
undercoverVAPE said:
The "trick" is to PRETEND like you're eating something that looks like a small brown square (like a granola bar or something.) Hold it in your left hand, index finger pushing in the battery, thumb plugging the drawhole. When you see the condensation, "take a bite" of some vape! DON'T be lame by OVER-exaggerating the motion of 'eating.' I just did it AGAIN 2 seconds ago and I'm "eating a granola bar" like I could GIVE A SH*T about it.

Good Advice. I like to think people look at me and think I'm using my asthma inhaler. I have to agree with you that the MFLB can pretty much be used anywhere and very stealthily. Enjoy your "granola bar", I have to go find my "asthma inhaler" .

Silver420Surfer,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I find that most people don't care or have any interest at all what I am doing. People are so into their own lives and their own everyday cycle that I have never had anyone stop and actually look at me while I was vaping with the MFLB. And I have pushed it really far to test this theory.

Absent minded society = plenty of public vaping :)

aesthyrian,

chucku

Charles Urbane
I was recently pulled over for speeding while I was finishing a hit. Stashed the lb in the console by the time the cop got to my window. He never had a clue.

chucku,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I must say, i was at a party last night with the MFLB, and a backup MFLB for newbies, and EVERYONE loved it! they loved how small it was and how awesome the hits were! I think I sold a couple of my friends on it haha. It was good having a backup that I could let my friends use. just teach them how, pack a trench and they were passing it around themselves, :)

awesome night

Elluzion,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
I'm loving this vape! Sorry if this topic has been addressed before, but does anybody know any DIY bong attachments for the MFLB? I tried using the search button but couldn't find specific messages. I have a bong that's been neglected ever since my MFLB arrived. I'd like to marry the two for an even better vaping experience. Thanks!

MajorDoobage,

danklover

While my husband is pretty chill about it, it definitely helps keep the peace that i'm not reeking up our place, especially since we've got a little one around. I'm sure the MFLB has saved many marriages.

danklover,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
ok, so all the cleaning searches just come up with screen and mouthpiece cleaning.
underneath my trench is accumulating a river of oil... I use it all the time...
do I need to worry about this? or should I just let it build up and forget about it?
it also heats up during use and causes the box to warm up a bit more than it used to.
I don't think it's really tainting the taste or anything... it seems I'm not able to exhale the same hefty clouds I used to, but I still get ripped, so who cares, right?

help?

and thanks.

*EDIT

fyi, I'm not combusting... it's like a clearish, honey kind of oil... but a little darker... My volcano gets it too.

wake n blake,

vapor9

elsewhere
Hey,

I was really skeptical about buying this vape I just figured compared to a volcano it would be a huge let-down. It wasn't and while it will never replace a volcano for home use it absolutely slays it anywhere else. I used to bring my kit with me on the road and now it's like a huuuuge weight off my shoulders not having to pack a bunch of bulky, smelly and awkward shit everywhere. TY MFLB creators, seeing the phrase on the back was just another positive. I will prob buy 2 just because it's so ingenious, thanks again.

vr9 ;)

vapor9,

FlashFunk

willieR said:
It's a very smart idea to oil the wood. I might suggest not using Olive Oil, especially EVOO as it will turn rancid. I'm not a big fan of the Butcher Block Oil, as it's made from petroleum, however if you can find natural coconut oil, that will survive much better.

I have organic coconut oil that used a spin extraction (like the old days) rather than the modern solvent extraction. I've had it for two years and is as fresh and tasty as the day I bought it. It's a two-gallon container.

I'm feeling like :mmmm: :smug: right now and have a question about this organic coconut oil. Is it just an oil and to apply it to the MFLB I can just use a paintbrush and coat it? Would it be a one shot deal or would I have to apply it again over time? Thanks in advance!

FlashFunk,

FlashFunk

One more question LOL....How would I go about cleaning the coconut oil'd MFLB? Sorry man but I keep thinking of questions. Thanks again!

FlashFunk,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
wake n blake said:
ok, so all the cleaning searches just come up with screen and mouthpiece cleaning.
do I need to worry about this? or should I just let it build up and forget about it?
it also heats up during use and causes the box to warm up a bit more than it used to.
I don't think it's really tainting the taste or anything... it seems I'm not able to exhale the same hefty clouds I used to, but I still get ripped, so who cares, right?

help?

and thanks.

*EDIT

fyi, I'm not combusting... it's like a clearish, honey kind of oil... but a little darker... My volcano gets it too.

See http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...ear_I.27ll_damage_the_screen.2C_what_to_do.3F

Not exhaling clouds is a good thing, since anything exhaled is not absorbed.

pakalolo,

GreenLeaf

wake n blake said:

help?

and thanks.

*EDIT

Do you use the stem or do you use the MFLB without it? Maybe try to very very gently clean it out?

GreenLeaf,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
GreenLeaf said:
wake n blake said:

help?

and thanks.

*EDIT

Do you use the stem or do you use the MFLB without it? Maybe try to very very gently clean it out?

someone else had a similar question about the buildup in the bottom, a few pages back...Pakalolo responded stating that that area should be left alone, as buildup will not effect the performance at all, but damage could easily be done by attempting to clean...making it not so worth it, IMO...

Pakalolo also links to this post in Vaporedia, that addresses this issue;

Vaporedia said:
I want to clean the bars running along the top of the trench (or the area under the screen) but I am afraid to even try scraping them for fear I'll damage the screen, what to do?

Before you start, bear in mind that cleaning these areas is cosmetic only. Build-up on the bars and under the screen do not affect the operation of the Box. Like with most grinders, there is an initial buildup in some areas which eventually stabilizes, and then it becomes just "part of the operation"--material is neither lost nor gained. Magic-Flight generally recommends that people leave them be and concentrate on maintaining the aesthetics of the exterior wood. If you still feel compelled to clean, proceed at your peril.

First, the bars: heat does help to soften the residue so insert a battery for 10-15 seconds with an open cover and empty trench. Soak the brush in ISO and then brush the bars clear while hot, but make sure to keep the brush bristles at least damp with ISO while doing this. Note that the mesh is bent over the bars, therefore the area you are brushing is probably the weakest part of a delicate screen.

Under the screen: scraping is really the only option, but a small slip can ruin your screen. Cleaning under the screen is neither necessary nor advisable, so there are no recommended tools or techniques.

Purpl3_Haz3,

kewpcer

Using my LB to rewind some powder-ground ABV for the midnight vape. This thing is like a Swiss Army Knife.

I've noticed as I compare the stock batteries to a set of Energizer 2300's that I picked up at Sears, that the Sanyos don't get as hot. Perhaps operating at a lower voltage. I really prefer the Sanyos, as they do not see to scorch/ignite my herbs and it's easier to avoid hitting so hard that I waste vapor on the exhale.

That said, the Energizers can deliver a milky hit and heat up in a snap. They seem to last longer as well. I'll probably keep them for winter batteries and hiking trips where the extra juice could come in handy.

That said, a few questions.

Has anyone found the Sanyo Enerloops locally available?

Are there any batteries that you have noticed similar characteristics with?

kewpcer,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
Thanks everyone... It still hits like a boss, so I'm cool with not cleaning it and getting the sticky fingers.

Also, been meaning to share this with you all...

I purchased a timbuk2 bag a while ago and got the "dime" bag as an accessory... It's GGREAT for holding up to 8 batts, mflb, brush, stem, and a film canister with goods... Good quality as well... And color choices.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/accessories/on-strap/dimebag
They started making a bigger one too, apparently
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/accessories/on-strap/shagg-bag

About 18 billion times better than the stiff, black velvet bag you get with the mflb

Enjoy your day, all

Blake

wake n blake,
Top Bottom