CuttyBuddy

I 've had mine for about a week now and have noticed, like any good vape it takes time to perfect the right technique that works for you. It's fun

CuttyBuddy,

willieR

Been here since 2009
NealCassidy: I have successfully installed the ball catch (also called a bullet catch). Front left corner. I countersunk the acrylic lid. Very sweet.

I took the 1/4" ball catch and milled it down to fit a 7/32" hole. Lots of wood remaining and did not hit the heating wire.

Works VERY sweet. This should be a standard item, or offer it with a $25 upcharge or something. Snaps that lid shut and no leakage of material.

willieR,

weedemon

enthusiast
elevation said:
I do have a question to start off with ; i just recently got my MFLB, and i tried the different breathing techniques which work very well. Although, i am combusting every single time. Not a whole lot, but the lower part of the trench is usually black after i'm done. How do you guys get the milky hits without getting it t hot? :ko:

are you stirring it after every time you hit it? i also open it up and break up the melted parts as the crystal tends tto make mine bunch up.

so i say even distribution and good mixing between hits.

how long are you hitting for? my hit are generally 10-20 seconds in length using the powerex 2700 mah batteries

weedemon,

BuddahMonk

pyronym said:
LOL I haven't been coming here too much since I've been "studying" mycology. I was out looking at random vape info and I came across This. In any event it made me swell up with a little pride to know that i've contributed to the vape community.
Thank you, thank you all. I feel famous.

Pyro. Thanks man. I had stop using my MFLB for a bit when I got my EQ. But when I read and started using your technique, I am finally getting the punch from the box that I was looking for. :ko:

BuddahMonk,

al bundy

Vaporist
willieR said:
NealCassidy: I have successfully installed the ball catch (also called a bullet catch). Front left corner. I countersunk the acrylic lid. Very sweet.

I took the 1/4" ball catch and milled it down to fit a 7/32" hole. Lots of wood remaining and did not hit the heating wire.

Works VERY sweet. This should be a standard item, or offer it with a $25 upcharge or something. Snaps that lid shut and no leakage of material.

post a picture when you get a chance..

also is it the same one from the link you posted?
http://www.brusso.com/Product/html/item.php?item=bc-263s

al bundy,

willieR

Been here since 2009
I will look into a secure way to post a picture here. In the meantime, after using the modded LB, I can say I wished I did this a while ago. It snaps closed like a jewel case under the pressure of the spring-loaded ball bearing. Nothing leaks and the seal is tight. No more rubber band.

Frankly it came out better than I had hoped.

willieR,

al bundy

Vaporist
willieR said:
I will look into a secure way to post a picture here. In the meantime, after using the modded LB, I can say I wished I did this a while ago. It snaps closed like a jewel case under the pressure of the spring-loaded ball bearing. Nothing leaks and the seal is tight. No more rubber band.

Frankly it came out better than I had hoped.

nice. did you drill into the plexi glass lid for the recess?

al bundy,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Yes. The ball fits perfectly in the round depression in the plexi lid. So the lid is tight to the wood, and no gaps. Sealed up very well. I love the click sound when it engages. No spilled material in your pocket.

Also, once I had the plan figured out, it was easier than I thought it was gonna be. I have a drill press so that definately helped.

willieR,

weedemon

enthusiast
so my friend asked me to buy a mflb kit for him i ordered the silicone whips as extras too while i was at it. they seems to help cool the vapor better, just took a hit and was very surprised how much i got because i didn't feel the temp change. I could see the vap in the stem though.)

i ordered the kit with no charge for him as i have a spare due to getting the charger with mine before. (I have bought the C-9000 with the 2700 batts since then)

i ordered from vaporizers.ca with mine, and blissville for his.

Delivery times were the same both ways. (even though it's ottawa vs california)

the blissville order came with a little metal grinder (mine did not)

I got a metal tin to keep it in though. (blissville did not) [maybe this is because it was the no charger version?]

the units themselves look the same with the exception of the serials. mine is a 2 pt set of digits, his is just one long serial.

it actually cost me less to order from blissville because it was 99.99 USD, not 102.99CDN and the exchange rate is actually in my favor so the 99 was really 98. :p

just wanted to share so all you CDN people just buy it from blissville!

weedemon,

Willeh

You must of lucked out on customs...? I had to pay like 15$ or something silly when I ordered tubing for my Buddha, costed more than the damn tubing. Maybe because they labelled the tubing as an aromatherapy diffuser :ko:... They don't screen all of them, but if you get hit going through a Canadian supplier would of negate customs, saving you more than those 2$ I'd think. What was the shipping on either? Canada post is only 10$, idk what usps is. It's cool that you got that grinder though.

Willeh,

Nycdeisel

hey magic flight! I heard about a new 'kit' with the LB to be coming soon, can you confirm or refute this?

:)

Nycdeisel,

al bundy

Vaporist
powerex charger and 4 2700s?? for $39.00? from new egg
POWEREX MH-C401FS 100 Minute Cool Charger w/ Car & Switching Adapter and 4 x AA 2700mAh Rechargeable Batteries

or the Power Adapter? for $64.00?
decisions decisions :/

al bundy,

weedemon

enthusiast
Willeh said:
You must of lucked out on customs...?

What was the shipping on either? Canada post is only 10$, idk what usps is. It's cool that you got that grinder though.

yep, no customs this time. :)

shipping, that's a good point man. i over looked that. 13 from blissville and only 5 from vap.ca so there is more than the difference right there actually.

weedemon,

ThunderBrow

Last week I ordered the PA and so far Ive been pretty pleased. There was crazy fast shipping to, they told me it would be shipped on Friday from CA to IL yet shipped on Thursday and came on Saturday. So the shipping was incredibly fast and it came way sooner then I thought it would.

But when I opened the package there wasn't even the wall outlet cord. The first thing I had to do after receiving my PA was stop by Radioshack and pick up a wall outlet cord for $10. Pretty lame.

But for the actual usage of the PA, it's the biggest hits Ive ever gotten out of the MFLB. 3 massive rips and I felt almost as good as the first few times Id ever tried vaping with the launch box. The power adapter equals clouds! My only complaint Ive got is how hard it is to find a sweet spot on the heat dial. You don't really have a clue as to how strong it is except by comparing the strength of the light in the launch box. And the first few times I just tried full blast and happened to blacken the edges of my herb.

Overall though I'm incredibly satisfied and the power adapter has brought new life back to my launch box.

ThunderBrow,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
ThunderBrow said:
Last week I ordered the PA and so far Ive been pretty pleased. There was crazy fast shipping to, they told me it would be shipped on Friday from CA to IL yet shipped on Thursday and came on Saturday. So the shipping was incredibly fast and it came way sooner then I thought it would.

But when I opened the package there wasn't even the wall outlet cord. The first thing I had to do after receiving my PA was stop by Radioshack and pick up a wall outlet cord for $10. Pretty lame.

But for the actual usage of the PA, it's the biggest hits Ive ever gotten out of the MFLB. 3 massive rips and I felt almost as good as the first few times Id ever tried vaping with the launch box. The power adapter equals clouds! My only complaint Ive got is how hard it is to find a sweet spot on the heat dial. You don't really have a clue as to how strong it is except by comparing the strength of the light in the launch box. And the first few times I just tried full blast and happened to blacken the edges of my herb.

Overall though I'm incredibly satisfied and the power adapter has brought new life back to my launch box.

Try starting out on 80-90% then dropping dial as the load browns. Lower temps = better taste on a partially vaped trench IMO. Try taking 5 hits, turn it down a notch, 5 more hits, turn it down a notch...

I have yet to scorch a load with the PA

JDSupreme,

elevation

weedemon said:
elevation said:
I do have a question to start off with ; i just recently got my MFLB, and i tried the different breathing techniques which work very well. Although, i am combusting every single time. Not a whole lot, but the lower part of the trench is usually black after i'm done. How do you guys get the milky hits without getting it t hot? :ko:

are you stirring it after every time you hit it? i also open it up and break up the melted parts as the crystal tends tto make mine bunch up.

so i say even distribution and good mixing between hits.

how long are you hitting for? my hit are generally 10-20 seconds in length using the powerex 2700 mah batteries

I do stir up everytime i take a hit, yes.

My hits are about 10 seconds, but i do have to say, in order to get the clouds i must inhale very slow through my nose. I don't understand how you guys go through a trench in 6 hits without burning the weed. If i take 5 second hits i will be fine, but that's the slow way, and sometimes i want to be able to go through a trench in about 3 to 5 minutes, which seems to be possible with the MFLB.

Micro hitting doesn't really work for me yet, only with really slow inhalation which then again causes the weed to combust. :(

I must say you guys really react fast! Thanks man :)

elevation,

weedemon

enthusiast
well for me it's like this. after the 3rd hit or so i use my fingers to re-grind the herb even finer. this lets you get more from the hits later on i find.

i then hit it 3-5 more times. after that i transfer into my volcano grinder and i finish vaping it in the cano.

weedemon,

greystr0ke

Does anyone do double hits? For instance, I push in the battery and let it sit for a few seconds and then I start micro hitting the box. I do about 5 micro hits, hold the hits in and then release the battery, shake the box and push the battery back in and take some more micro hits while I'm still holding the first ones in. This way I get huge clouds without combustion.

greystr0ke,
I just got my PA ... life has changed :lol: ... is perfect in taste and steam ;) ... really recommended, although a design a little rustic but very very effective :lol:

Thank Magic-Flight

Franckydiam,
Top Bottom