I ordered a PA from the magic flight site Sunday night. I have an order # but never received a confirmation email and the money never left my bank account. I emailed the site asking if the order went through but no response. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

crispy potatoes,

slvelocity

Since the PA's are all hand made, you have to wait depending on how many orders they have to fill. I had to wait 4-5 days I think after the day I actually placed the order to receive any email. They don't email or charge you until your PA is in production basically.

slvelocity,
So I've had my MFLB for a couple weeks now and am quite happy with it. As a new vaper, I can't really compare it to anything except smoking. The MFLB vapes properly and you certainly get a hit.
The best hits are with a new bowl of herb and a fully charged battery. The hits seem to lessen with each hit after that.

I tend to take a hit and shake the MFLB and leave it upside down. This way I know the herb is clear of the heating element.
Not used to working the box natively yet. The mouthpiece is fine with me, although weekly washing wlll be needed to avoid vapour condensaton inside it.

After seeing some vids of a well-used MFLB, I decided to take care of the box from the outset.
Given the box is now made of maple wood and has a butchers block finish too it, it's clear that it should be treated like a butchers block.
My MFLB is light yellow which is a pity cos I wanted the darker heartwood. But I've started wiping it periodically with olive oil. This will keep off any resin from the vaped herb and makes it waterproof.

For $99, Magic Flight will be laughing all the way to the bank!!!
But since the device is efficient AND they have good warranty (which they seem to be happy to honour), then their success is well deserved IMO!!!

Franklydiam says the MFLB is 'rustic' in design which is an elegant description.
I think Magic Flight should come up with a Mark 2 box. One with a spring loaded ball catch. Myrtle, walnut, cherry wood... why not? Also, a way of keeping the battery in the body of the box whilst in transit.

Vapemania-original,

willieR

Been here since 2009
It's a very smart idea to oil the wood. I might suggest not using Olive Oil, especially EVOO as it will turn rancid. I'm not a big fan of the Butcher Block Oil, as it's made from petroleum, however if you can find natural coconut oil, that will survive much better.

I have organic coconut oil that used a spin extraction (like the old days) rather than the modern solvent extraction. I've had it for two years and is as fresh and tasty as the day I bought it. It's a two-gallon container.

willieR,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
willieR said:
It's a very smart idea to oil the wood. I might suggest not using Olive Oil, especially EVOO as it will turn rancid. I'm not a big fan of the Butcher Block Oil, as it's made from petroleum, however if you can find natural coconut oil, that will survive much better.

I have organic coconut oil that used a spin extraction (like the old days) rather than the modern solvent extraction. I've had it for two years and is as fresh and tasty as the day I bought it. It's a two-gallon container.

Coconut oil is the shit, for cooking, skin, or anything. Medium chain fatty acids = energy :)

Elluzion,
slvelocity said:
Since the PA's are all hand made, you have to wait depending on how many orders they have to fill. I had to wait 4-5 days I think after the day I actually placed the order to receive any email. They don't email or charge you until your PA is in production basically.

Oh ok thanks, that makes sense.

crispy potatoes,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Elluzion said:
Coconut oil is the shit, for cooking, skin, or anything. Medium chain fatty acids = energy :)

It really is. Non-hydrogenated is the way to go. Natural, without some corporation changing the molecules.

willieR,
Wow, thanks guys will definitely get that organic coconut oil for treating the MFLB wood. All this time I thought olive oil was ok for chopping boards!!!

I was thinking though, does anyone think the design to the MFLB could be made more funky?
Cars, mobile phones, pen knives, handguns, fridge magnets - they all have great iconic designs.
With vaporisers its a much less sexy world of wood, glass, simplicity, small scale stuff.

Don't get me wrong, the Volcano, SSV, PD, MFLB, and HA are design icons themselves.
Even so, can't the MFLB be functionally improved or wear some bling like a diamond/zirconia embedded spring loaded ball catch?

Vapemania-original,

colly

Hey guys. I'm thinking about buying an MFLB this week and I'd like to know one thing.
Is there any particular sites where I can get a good item free? I have a grinder already and have heard bad things about the one that comes free on some sites (thread here). Should I buy direct from the magic flight site and assure the warranty as I was planning, or is there a free item I should be all over?

Thanks.

colly,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Some ebay sellers throw in extra batteries instead of a free grinder. I've bought a couple of them like that as I have no need for one of those "free" grinders. Just search ebay and include "extra batteries" in your search. Otherwise I suggest buying directly from Blisssville.

:peace:

Stu,

colly

Do I still get the lifetime warranty if I buy from ebay? I wouldn't think so, but I could go for some extra batteries. They aren't used or anything, right? From credible sellers and all?

colly,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
If you look at the sellers rating, you can tell who is legit. I had no problems getting a warranty replacement on one that I bought on ebay. I actually emailed Magic Flight when I bought it to let them know about my purchase and I sent them the serial numbers of my boxes. They replied thanking me for being a MFLB customer and assured me that they would honor the warranty.

I can't speak for Magic Flight, and their policies may change in the future, but I've had no problems with my ebay LBs.

:2c:

Stu,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
I saw a fake MFLB at a smoke shop in Westminster, and sent an email to magicvape (on Beach Blvd near 15th St.)

tin box, "Mini Vaporizer," on the lid

pipe looked the same, but no print or logo on top (didn't ask to pull it out of the glass case, so don't know about the bottom, or the price).

welds and construction appeared very similar from a foot away. (pretty eff'ed up, rippin off our friends, if that's correct that it's an unlicensed rip-off)

EDIT: email sent to MFLB earlier today (before I posted this)

VWFringe,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
VWFringe said:
I saw a fake MFLB at a smoke shop in Westminster, and sent an email to magicvape (on Beach Blvd near 15th St.)

tin box, "Mini Vaporizer," on the lid

pipe looked the same, but no print or logo on top (didn't ask to pull it out of the glass case, so don't know about the bottom, or the price).

welds and construction appeared very similar from a foot away. (pretty eff'ed up, rippin off our friends, if that's correct that it's an unlicensed rip-off)

You should send an email to Magic Flight. I'm sure that they would be interested in this.

Stu,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
FUCK! i just had my first battery short circuting each other experience and the burn on my finger stings quite alot and my stock 2400's are dead. I assume this because it sounded like they were fizzing when i picked them up. They were hot enough to scorch my sheets on my bed black.

Vaporgin.,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
al bundy said:
now this is a great idea.
no drilling the box.
known as the "snick mod" from member kewpcer.
i give it a 2 thumbs up. :):peace:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=5140

This is exactly the mod I was trying to describe a couple of pages back. I'm not trying to claim credit mind you. It seems to me to be a fairly obvious mod once you think about the problem, so I'm sure neither if us was the first to think about it. I defer to at least hanfhead on that point. (See the referenced thread.)

In fact I will bet Magic-Flight has already considered it, which would mean they have rejected it, possibly for the reason mentioned by hanfhead: the acrylic wears down and the groove becomes ineffective and ugly.

ETA re warranties...

I cannot see how this mod would affect your warranty, but I can't speak for Magic-Flight.

colly said:
Do I still get the lifetime warranty if I buy from ebay? I wouldn't think so, but I could go for some extra batteries. They aren't used or anything, right? From credible sellers and all?

Where you bought it does not affect your warranty. See 10.5 Will the warranty be honored if I purchase through an Ebay seller? in Vaporpedia.

pakalolo,

elevation

pakalolo said:
elevation said:
Micro hitting doesn't really work for me yet, only with really slow inhalation which then again causes the weed to combust. :(

I doubt that you are reaching combustion, else you'd have mentioned the awful burnt taste. More likely you are scorching:

See 8.20 If my weed turns black, it means I'm combusting right?

Ha.. yeah i guess you are right. I did really combust once though.
My mom even claimed i was smoking joints again. :uhoh: But now i get better results micro-hitting, and i think i will just improve my method.

I barely use my iolite anymore. This just get me way more medicated on less weed.

elevation,

kewpcer

I only tend to combust when i'm really trying to wring the last bit of vapor from a pooped out trench.

For my :2c:

I've heard about it for about 6 months now. I remembered Dopefiend poo-pooing the Launch tube, and kinda wrote the company off, but FC sold me on the Launch Box. It seems like the war is down to the iolite and the MFLB, and my iolite was just too finicky after burning a couple of Ronson cans through it. I've not been able to clean it well enough or fix it since then.

My impressions:

I'm a moderately heavy smoker. About 1g per day. First trench nearly put me in the floor. I never exhaled vapor through the whole sesh, and about 80-100mgs of kind had blasted me. Since then, I'm down to barely covering the bottom of the trench unless i wanna get vaked. This gives me about 4 nice hits and 3-4 popcorns, and i'm nicely done for about an hour and a half. It's really helped me quit smoking now that i can take about 10 minutes and vape a tiny trench as needed through the day. Never elegantly wasted, but always luxuriously medicated. And a quick vape is better than a ciggy any day.

Everyone that has used my LB since I got it has plans to buy one. Even so far as to send texts so i can remind them of the web-site.

I did pay a premium for it. The local head shop had them priced at $160, but the owner negotiated against himself while i quietly looked at it until he got to $120, which is still high. There is peace of mind in knowing you helped out your neighbor though.

kewpcer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
kewpcer said:
I did pay a premium for it. The local head shop had them priced at $160, but the owner negotiated against himself while i quietly looked at it until he got to $120, which is still high. There is peace of mind in knowing you helped out your neighbor though.

When I decided to get the LB I called every shop I could find a phone number for in the Greater Toronto Area. None of them carried it and only a couple had even heard of it. (I sure hope that's changed.) If I had found a shop with one in stock, I would have gladly paid a premium for it because I have this OCD craving for instant gratification, and because I know that for me $25-50 is insignificant compared to the money I put into medicinal phytosubstrates. I once calculated that my Extreme paid for itself before I got through the first ounce with it, and the MFLB is a) one third the price and b) stretches my phytosubstrates three times as far. You do the math.

pakalolo,

hereatlast

Phytosubstrates :cool:

I agree as well, I bought my Extreme at a LHS and paid significantly higher than I would have online, it was nice to bring it home though. $120 was the going rate for the MFLB at more than one shop I've been to FWIW...

hereatlast,
Top Bottom