Gunky

the ob said:
The PA completely changes this device. It makes it much more powerful. First time using it and I am a changed man.

I highly recommend picking up a PA if you have the means.

I love the small black power button and the fact that you can leave it plugged in.

If I remember right somebody mentioned that turning the little disk around the black push button clockwise too far would make the unit stay on! That would become a safety issue if you left it plugged in. I suggest unplugging the PA when not in use. The transformer uses some power if left in and since the unit requires no preheating, unplugging is both green and convenient enough. Hopefully MF will investigate this potential safety issue and address it if needed.

edit: by plugged in did you mean having the probe remain in the box? In that case yeah totally agree and the above is sort of a different issue, but worth considering, anyway.

Gunky,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
spentskeeper said:
what did you mark your dial with?

A dab of green nail polish. Find the notch that is level with the bottom of the slot going into the high end then roll it back to the top and dab it.

JDSupreme,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Modern power adapters use switch mode voltage regulators. They are very effecient and use virtually no energy when none is being drawn from them. This is the case with the one included with the pa.

elmomuzz,

albacore

Hey I'm new to the forum. I have been thinking about investing in a vaporizer for awhile. I like to smoke weed but I really don't like "smoke" it. It just makes me feel really gross and unhealthy. One of the things I noticed when I always smoked weed is I began to look older. A lot of people can probably dismiss this but I'm in a line of work where my appearance is very important. Smoke has been shown to disrupt something or other with the collagen of the skin so I stopped smoking for awhile. Now I want a vaporizer so I can healthily consume marijuana.

Anyways, my question is how "healthy" is the Magic Flight Box compared to other vaporizers such as the Volcano, Zephyr, VapeBros, etc.? I don't know much about vaporizers but I'm under the impression that some of them can be made of parts that are actually harmful to the body...what about the MFB?

I'm really interested in it because it's cheap and very portable. I just want to make sure that it's a healthy alternative that when used doesn't have any negative effects on my body or my health.

Also, when are they going to be releasing an AC adapter for the MFB?

Thanks.

albacore,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
albacore said:
Anyways, my question is how "healthy" is the Magic Flight Box compared to other vaporizers such as the Volcano, Zephyr, VapeBros, etc.? I don't know much about vaporizers but I'm under the impression that some of them can be made of parts that are actually harmful to the body...what about the MFB?

Here's a description of the materials used and the health aspects:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi..._materials_are_used_to_make_the_Launch_Box.3F

You should browse the whole section on Design & Manufacturing, since some of the other answers also include comments about health.

Edited because "on" really shouldn't be capitalized

pakalolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
sundaddy said:
The Magic Flight Launch Box is extremely healthy. All part of a well balanced day.

I don't know why, but I glanced at what you wrote and thought you said, "All part of a well balanced diet." :lol:

Vicki,

danklover

Vicki said:
sundaddy said:
The Magic Flight Launch Box is extremely healthy. All part of a well balanced day.

I don't know why, but I glanced at what you wrote and thought you said, "All part of a well balanced diet." :lol:

I did too :)

So i've been using the mflb daily for a week or so and i can already say I'm in Love. Discretion is an important factor for me, and this thing delivers in spades. The portability is fantastic... makes multitasking oh so easy. And what's not to love with its affordability and elegant design?

As a home user the vast majority of the time, and not having another vaporizer, i am pretty sure the PA is going to have to be a future purchase as soon as funds allow. Keeping up with the batteries is going to get old really soon. Perhaps i should upgrade to better batts, but i think my money is better left for the PA since the stock ones seem adequate.

Oh, and i ground my herb too fine yesterday, as it got a little sticky on the trench. Must be more prudent when using the coffee grinder!

danklover,

collegerower

Is Magicflight planning on any changes to the beta unit as it comes out? I know there will be a different production unit, but I didn't know if they would implement any changes in the beta units as they go out.

collegerower,
Amped_MFLB said:
Hey guys! I got mine two or three weeks ago, and have been using it daily ever since. First time my bud was a bit black or just very dark brown, but i doubt i combusted because the top was still clear, and my stem was still clear. Anyways... i LOVE this thing. As you can tell by my name haha, i swear by this little vaporizer, and i promote it everywhere. I love it so much, so i feel the need to do this so others are reassured that buying the MFLB is a great investment and its definitely worth it.

I noticed today though that my screen has 3-4 little tiny specks of black on it, is this because herb got combusted in that area for a second? I saw a picture of somebody who has been using the vape for years and his screen was like fully black haha, but i thought black means combustion.

Would still like to have my question answered if it is possible :)!

Amped_MFLB,

the ob

all good in the hood.
momofthegoons said:
:lol: It's a motherfucking done deal. I can't wait. I use my LB daily and a few of my batteries are beginning to crap out. Now I'll be doing the mail box dance for the next few while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

why am I not surprised?

ob, just what are you suggesting!? :lol:

I am not suggesting anything ;) I hope you enjoy the PA. good to be back competing with you :)

the ob,

Baraccus

I just put in an order on the MFLB.

I'm so happy and giddy since this is my first vape ever! I can't wait till I see that brown box on my doorstep!

Baraccus,
on full power the LB light...around the activate button had ever so slighly come loo

I'm really confused - what do you mean by "full power" and "activate button" ?

my Magic Flight Launch Box doesn't have any power gauge or buttons - maybe there's some other product you're talking about & I'm lost?

All I ever see is an orange light inside when battery is connected.

jacksonoreilly,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
jacksonoreilly said:
my Magic Flight Launch Box doesn't have any power gauge or buttons - maybe there's some other product you're talking about & I'm lost?

I believe that user is referring to the LB power adapter which has a button to activate.

Lo,
oh that would make sense I didn't know there was such a thing

I believe that user is referring to the LB power adapter which has a button to activate.

jacksonoreilly,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
I just got mine Friday!!! I tried it for the first time yesterday and with a little practice I agree THIS THING ROCKS! I am so glad that I found this forum! Everyone has a tremendous spirit of sharing knowledge in a very cool and respectful way. That is refreshing to find in a forum! I will be posting some more of my impressions of my MFLB, but so far it is totally win!!!

Bluntcrush,

rtwoite

Amped_MFLB said:
Amped_MFLB said:
Hey guys! I got mine two or three weeks ago, and have been using it daily ever since. First time my bud was a bit black or just very dark brown, but i doubt i combusted because the top was still clear, and my stem was still clear. Anyways... i LOVE this thing. As you can tell by my name haha, i swear by this little vaporizer, and i promote it everywhere. I love it so much, so i feel the need to do this so others are reassured that buying the MFLB is a great investment and its definitely worth it.

I noticed today though that my screen has 3-4 little tiny specks of black on it, is this because herb got combusted in that area for a second? I saw a picture of somebody who has been using the vape for years and his screen was like fully black haha, but i thought black means combustion.

If its a smoke load you'll know. A vape that smokes tastes like a pack of 10-15 year old winstons(I can say this for a fact). Dry, sour, bitter. It'll also have some grey soot. If it is just starting to combust there won't necessarily be any grey. My FB also gets black flecks on the bottom, I presume this to be baked on debris. Also got this with my VB screen. Plant material turns to charoal and adheres.

rtwoite,
rtwoite said:
Amped_MFLB said:
Amped_MFLB said:

If its a smoke load you'll know. A vape that smokes tastes like a pack of 10-15 year old winstons(I can say this for a fact). Dry, sour, bitter. It'll also have some grey soot. If it is just starting to combust there won't necessarily be any grey. My FB also gets black flecks on the bottom, I presume this to be baked on debris. Also got this with my VB screen. Plant material turns to charoal and adheres.

Thanks a lot man, appreciate the time you took to answer my question :) Feel better about it now for sure.

Btw guys, over vaping your herb so its a very dark brown is not bad right? When im running low i usually do this, but otherwise i leave it golden brown.

Amped_MFLB,

dogarm

Lo said:
Wow!! I wonder if that one link is a rip-off or is misprinted. The $12.99 one is priced in ballpark and are the correct batteries.

Those are the exact same Powerex's I got from Thomas Distributing. They work very well IMHO and were cheaper at Thomas Dist. too and there is a 5% off discount code on the net too :)

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/-MAHA-POWEREX-Four-2700-mAh-AA-Rechargeable-Batteries_p_20.html

Hmmm, I'm a little disappointed - I ordered a new set of Powerex from Amazon and Guess What?

Glue. :(

I had much better luck stripping some old Energizers and Tenergy. But the Energizers are only ok (~2200 mAh) while the Tenergys blow chunks.

Think I can de-glue the Powerexs with some solvent?

dogarm,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
dogarm said:
Hmmm, I'm a little disappointed - I ordered a new set of Powerex from Amazon and Guess What?
Glue.
That's very strange indeed. I've ordered several sets of Powerex batteries online and they have all been super easy to peel (never had any glue at all). Can you post a picture of the batteries you got? I don't understand why they would suddenly change the way the label is adhered. :/

Stu,

george

Stu said:
dogarm said:
Glue.
That's very strange indeed. I've ordered several sets of Powerex batteries online and they have all been super easy to peel (never had any glue at all). Can you post a picture of the batteries you got? I don't understand why they would suddenly change the way the label is adhered. :/

Powerex doesn't want us to use their batteries to get higgghhh :D

george,
Top Bottom