bweis14

I had been reading a lot of good experiences on this forum and decided to get the MFLB. It came in today and I vaped a trench just then to try it out and I have to say I really like it. Most of the good things said I would have to agree with. Also I know people said it's small, but I didn't know it was THAT small. Thing works like a charm and I cant wait to break it in over the next few days. Only question is that I got a Tenergy Quick charger but heard that they were not the best, is this true? I want to buy new batteries in the 2500 mah range and I want to make sure they can charge on the charger.

Edit: Correction, the MFLB CAME with the Tenergy quick charger

bweis14,

upriver

combustion-free
bweis14 - I went ahead and bought the C9000 and am very pleased with it. Its breathed new life back into my batteries.

However, now that the power adaptor is available, optimum battery performance might not be as important unless you truly need a fully portable device every day.

That said, the stock charger will work, but your batteries will lose their power after a few months. At least mine did, following all ditections. The C9000 brought htem back to life and they are holding strong.

upriver,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
bweis14 said:
I had been reading a lot of good experiences on this forum and decided to get the MFLB. It came in today and I vaped a trench just then to try it out and I have to say I really like it. Most of the good things said I would have to agree with. Also I know people said it's small, but I didn't know it was THAT small. Thing works like a charm and I cant wait to break it in over the next few days. Only question is that I got a Tenergy Quick charger but heard that they were not the best, is this true? I want to buy new batteries in the 2500 mah range and I want to make sure they can charge on the charger.

One of the most charming things about the LB is how people can read this whole thread, which includes countless remarks about how small it is--including pictures--and still their first reaction is, "Wow that's small!" I know it was that way for me, so it never fails to inspire a smile.

Re your concerns: Magic-Flight was shipping a branded charger, white with their logo on it, not a Tenergy charger. Unless they've changed that recently, either your supplier has made a substitution or you got yourself an early LB. Does it have the O-ring around the heating chamber?

I'm not sure if your uncertainty stems from the Vaporpedia entry or not, but shamefully, it does say some Tenergy models aren't recommended without being specific. I apologize for that. Someone else added it and I should have either clarified it or removed it, especially since a lot of early LBs went out with Tenergy chargers. [now removed awaiting clarification]

In general, NiMH chargers can handle any NiMH batteries, but the Radio Shack qualification (and I assume the Tenergy as well) comes from the fact that their chargers only charge their own brand of batteries in fast mode. There are probably sites where you can find out if your Tenergy charger is one of those. If it isn't, then it can handle any battery brand.

pakalolo,

bweis14

Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to get some new batteries and perhaps a new charger. I have heard the C-9000 is one of the best to charge the NiMH batteries but to be honest I don't feel I need a charger of that quality. Anyone have any other less expensive chargers they have had a good experience with? and what batteries are the best, i've heard the powerex 2700 mAh being mentioned a handful of times. Any others to consider? Also may invest on the PA because of the great things I have heard.

bweis14,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
You guys know what is funny?

My box is soo small that it takes me about 15 minutes to find it the day after i vape haha. I wish I was kidding. I spent almost 20 minutes today searching for it, becoming frustrated. Finally I found it but still!

MFLB is awesome!

Elluzion,

aciei

hey yall. long time lurker, first time poster. as a college student, i find the mflb to be the perfect piece for my needs. this thing really couldn't be designed any better. fuck combustion!

aciei,

Gunky

bweis14 said:
Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to get some new batteries and perhaps a new charger. I have heard the C-9000 is one of the best to charge the NiMH batteries but to be honest I don't feel I need a charger of that quality. Anyone have any other less expensive chargers they have had a good experience with? and what batteries are the best, i've heard the powerex 2700 mAh being mentioned a handful of times. Any others to consider? Also may invest on the PA because of the great things I have heard.

I suggest go for a few months using the supplied batteries and charger. They will work fine certainly for a few months. Then you will know better how you use the LB and quite possibly the production version of the PA will be available. At that point even if your batts are running down a bit you can still revive with a good charger. My guess is some months down the line if you think you are going to have continued involvement with nimh batteries, a few bucks one way or the other won't really sway you and you'll go for the C9000, which gives great options for analysing and reconditioning batteries.

In retrospect for me the PA was a more significant investment than the C9000 charger. I could probably have managed with the stock charger and possibly a few extra batteries. Of course it all depends on whether you are using it as a portable or mostly at home.

Gunky,

danklover

bweis14 said:
.... Only question is that I got a Tenergy Quick charger but heard that they were not the best, is this true? ...

I had the same question. Purchased my LB through vapeworld two weeks ago and received the Tenergy Quick Charger. I was worried at first, because of what was written in vaporpedia, but since it didn't seem to be a problem yet, decided to relax.
Still, i'd be curious to hear if others have experience with this particular Tenergy charger.

danklover,

Baraccus

I ordered the whip also, do you guys think its worth the five bucks? Or is it better with the medium stem that comes with the kit? My MFLB will be arriving in a few days and I'm merely curious as to whether I should or shouldn't have got it.

edit: not that 5 bucks is a big deal :p

Baraccus,

dogarm

Stu said:
dogarm said:
Hmmm, I'm a little disappointed - I ordered a new set of Powerex from Amazon and Guess What?
Glue.
That's very strange indeed. I've ordered several sets of Powerex batteries online and they have all been super easy to peel (never had any glue at all). Can you post a picture of the batteries you got? I don't understand why they would suddenly change the way the label is adhered. :/

here's I shot (I hope). Just a warning for those who have had good experiences in the past... things change. Probably a bit of GooGone, and it'll be good.
https://sites.google.com/site/dogarmphotos/_/rsrc/1296460110428/home/photo(3).JPG

[img=powerex-glue]https://sites.google.com/site/dogarmphotos/_/rsrc/1296460110428/home/photo%283%29.JPG[/img]

dogarm,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
This residue is similar to what I found when peeling my Energizer batteries. Goo Gone worked very well, followed by an iso cleaning to get the oil off from the Goo Gone.

momofthegoons,

Nycdeisel

I found it an extremely lengthy process of scrubbing the batteries down with iso alcohol, it got it all off if you took the time(takes a while, I do two batts at a time).

I want to order some Powerex batteries online as well, could someone show me a place that they have bought theirs WITHOUT glue?

Nycdeisel,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Nycdeisel said:
I found it an extremely lengthy process of scrubbing the batteries down with iso alcohol, it got it all off if you took the time(takes a while, I do two batts at a time).

I want to order some Powerex batteries online as well, could someone show me a place that they have bought theirs WITHOUT glue?

They are probably just doing that to the newer ones. If you have a Batteries Plus nearby I'd go there because they probably have the old style

JDSupreme,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
I have peeled powerex's and eneloops and NEVER had any glue problems. Even a pair of energizer's I peeled were glue free.

I feel very lucky right now :lol:

I also bought all of my batteries and chargers from Thomasdistibuting so hopefully they are legit? :uhoh:

aesthyrian,

lwien

What's interesting to note here is that there have been reports of fake Eneloops on the market. Wonder if the same thing could be happening with Powerex's?

lwien,

Wolface

Yes, I also had some concerns about "fake" batteries floating around out there. My new Eneloops had major glue, But my new Powerex 2700 were glue free. Now I see people reporting the complete opposite glue experiences? Buyer Beware!

Wolface,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Well, I'm going to take the plunge here and get one of these. This has to be one of the longest threads out there, so I hope it's OK that I don't read from page 1...

#1 Where would I buy this? I like reputable authorized dealers if that's an option.

#2 I see discussions regarding batteries. OK to use their stock bateries? I like to get extras, so should I get their extra batteries or some other? I don't mind paying for quality and performance.

#3 Anything else I should get?

Thanks for indulging me and my questions.

willieR,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My Powerex's were from Thomas Distributing a few months back and had ZERO glue...was AWESOME!!

My Energizer NIMH's that I picked up locally were a PITA to clean. Goo gone, ISO and elbow grease but they perform very well.

Whenever someone asks me about buying an LB I always say to add 2 extra batts to the order unless you plan to get them elsewhere. Rotating 4 is much better than 2 IMHO. I have extras but I generally rotate 4.

Oh and my replacement power adapter.... Is AWESOME!!!!!

Lo,

willieR

Been here since 2009
That Vaporpedia link is very awesome. Thanks Gunky.

Lo, I should get extra batts from Magic Flight, then?

Also, is there any favored source to buy from, or are all sales through the manufacturer?

willieR,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yeah that Vaporpedia entry is AWESOME for the LB!! Thanks to Pakalolo :D

If you want easy peasy just add 2 extra batts to your order. If you want to fiddle with peeling and glue removal you could grab a 4pack of Engergizer rechargeable NIMH 2450mah locally (assume you're USA lol).

BlissSville offers excellent service, quick shipping and batts come pre-charged. I've also ordered from VapeWorld. There are a number of dealers selling but price doesn't vary much unless you use a coupon or special deal but not all coupons apply to the LB.

Lo,
Top Bottom