Hery Vappy

Most of what I've seen on this site states 2700 is the most powerful battery on the market. I'm no battery guy so I can't confirm this just throwing it out there.

Hery Vappy,

lwien

^^ You do start to get to a point of diminishing returns when you talk about high capacity batteries in that the higher the capacity is, the more prone they are to failure and premature wear.

The other thing is that many batteries of lesser known quality such as those stated above will typically never reach their stated capacity.

lwien,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
ya dont the 2700's come off 2500-ish?

Ive been checking out Candlepower forums....may have to get me a tactical flashlight :p

JDSupreme,

lwien

JDSupreme said:
ya dont the 2700's come off 2500-ish?

Ive been checking out Candlepower forums....may have to get me a tactical flashlight :p

Yeah, it's a great source for info on batteries and chargers. Who knew that there was such in-depth discussions on things that, from a layman's point of view, is so simple of a concept as a flashlight? But then again, if I depended on one in life saving situations that cops and firefighters do on a daily basis, it then becomes totally understandable why such simple things like batteries becomes so very important.

lwien,

panspermia

I have a simple question about how small an amount of herb can be effectively used in the LB. I'm the cheapest date you could ever have. :) With my little water pipe -- an Aqua-Pipe -- I put in a mere two tiny trichome-covered "sugar leaves"; I light it with a jet-torch-style lighter, suck it down and hold it; it's such a small amount of weed, that there's close to zero smoke from the pipe or from my exhale. And I'm happily high.

Can the MFLB work properly with such a tiny amount of herb?

panspermia,

tompumped

I just got mine in the mail today and I have to say i'm very impressed to say the least. I had a vapor warez plug in unit years ago, and this is just as good if not better. I personally like it better, and when I get the plug in adapter it will be the shit.

It appears I have a faulty charger though? Mine was shipped to me with a tenergy two battery quick charger? I'll find out after a day, it's too early to determine.

I also ordered the energizer 15 min quick charger and (4) 2600 Ma powerex batteries. They should be here within a week.

Thank You magic flight, and my asthma thanks you very much. You guys really hit the nail on the fucking head. ;)

tompumped,

panspermia

I'm about to order. Does the current Launch Box come with a "Battery Push Back Ring"? If it doesn't, is it something I want to order?

Is there anything else from the Blissville Magic Flight order page that a newbie would wish he had ordered, like the Silicone WHIP Tube or the Medium Straight Stem?

Thanks!

(BTW: Thanks, Tstat, for answering my critical question!) (If anyone else wants to chime in on the efficacy of filling the Magic Flight LB with just the tiniest bit of weed -- viz., two of those teeny-weeny sugar leaflets -- then please do ... )

panspermia,

george

panspermia said:
I'm about to order. Does the current Launch Box come with a "Battery Push Back Ring"? If it doesn't, is it something I want to order?

Is there anything else from the Blissville Magic Flight order page that a newbie would wish he had ordered, like the Silicone WHIP Tube or the Medium Straight Stem?

Thanks!

Ya it comes with the battery push-back ring. You also already get 1 "medium straight stem" with you box. I never wanted the whip.

Most people like to have atleast 4 batteries, it makes it twice as easy to cycle your batteries so you always have atleast 1 or 2 charged. So an extra pair of batteries isnt a bad idea.

george,

Nycdeisel

Dont worry, the newest versions(available from MOST online distributors and stores as well) come with the battery ring, trench ring, and are made from Maple wood.

I would order an extra set of batteries, as well as the whip for it, that def looks cool. and grab an extra stem too, just in case(they are only plastic)...

Nycdeisel,

greystr0ke

Just found out there's a Batteries Plus right down the road from me. Guess I'll be making a trip over there tomorrow.

As for efficiency, I'm blown away. Ive had mine for less than a week now and my Iolite hasn't been used since. Today I ran out of herb and was unable to get any. A terrible thing i know! Well, I had some kief left and literally a few slivers of bud that I was able to pull off stems. Together it probably wasn't even half a trench. I was able to get at least 7 hits off of it! And when I pack it normally I'm using 30% less than I would use to fill a bowl in the iolite and getting more medicated. I admit, I was riding the io band wagon for a while and was wanted nothing to do with a MFLB. This thing just continues to amaze an impress me. I love vaping kief in it.

greystr0ke,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
greystr0ke said:
Just found out there's a Batteries Plus right down the road from me. Guess I'll be making a trip over there tomorrow.

Call ahead first to check and see if they have them in stock. I called the one closest to me a few weeks ago and they directed me to their main store that was a little further away for the 2700's. If there's one there's probably another not too far

JDSupreme,

beefsupreme

I caught up with last dozen or so pages, I was about to get the PA and wondered if its close to coming out of beta ? Or have the beta units been evolving with the good suggestions I've seen here so far ? Has Magic-Flight given a production PA launch date?

oh, and even with a c9000 and a recent refreshing, has anyone else noticed the stock batteries giving hotter vapor than the powerex 2700s? I keep thinking I must be imagining that. My light hasn't worked in a while so I cant use that as a gauge anymore.

beefsupreme,

zz204

Received my magic box today.......It arrived along with a hand written note that said "Your batteries
have been fully charged and are ready for use"..........Awesome

zz204,

B.

War Criminal
Nycdeisel said:
Dont worry, the newest versions(available from MOST online distributors and stores as well) come with the battery ring, trench ring, and are made from Maple wood.

I would order an extra set of batteries, as well as the whip for it, that def looks cool. and grab an extra stem too, just in case(they are only plastic)...

the whip is key for lb bongs. i'm still waiting for the 14mm gong to lb stem adapter. maybe once the pa is perfected.

B.,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Amazing reviews and loyalty with this unit. Some die hard iolite fans have converted, so I ordered. This thing appears to be about as "organic" as possible. I dig that.

willieR,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
The first time I saw pictures of it, I thought it was a joke. I would never buy a vape that needed a battery and was a little box with a plastic top. Peeling batteries, using a charger... no way.

After spending SEVERAL days reading this thread, I had to give it a try. It took a while to figure it out, but when I did it really clicked. Since then I have upgraded to Powerex batteries and a Lacrosse charger. That made a huge difference in performance and it runs so hot now.

I tore the screen on my first box by crunching up herb in the trench with my fingers. Three days later I had a brand new one sent to me for free. Amazing warrantee.

Sometimes at night if I'm not using my PD, I'll break out the LB and just lay there amazed at how many hits I get from the trench, and how vaked I really get. I'll be looking at the weird little contraption and tripping on it's simplistic, mellow design. I love the thing!

Tstat,

spentskeeper

is it possible that my PA isn't as hot as it was? doesn't seem to be working as well, I have to turn it up more. has anybody has this problem? Thanks

spentskeeper,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
spentskeeper said:
is it possible that my PA isn't as hot as it was? doesn't seem to be working as well, I have to turn it up more. has anybody has this problem? Thanks

Try this. I posted it a few pages back in this thread ...

Yesterday I noticed that on full power the LB light wasn't as bright as it used to be. It def worked, but was slacking off. So then I noticed that the housing around the activate button had ever so slighly come loose. Like the + end, there are 2 tiny raised dots on the disks surrounding the button. I turned it about a half a turn or so and tightened up. BOOM!!! I think the light is brighter than originally and it hits harder than ever!!!
The connection must have somewhat loosened up and a quick tighten (and now I know to keep and eye on it) was the trick. Seriously, it hits like a freight train again

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
@Spentskeeper

Mine developed the same issue and was not fixed by tightening the end caps. I emailed MF and they said they were aware of the issue. I sent mine back and was sent a new one... Works like champ again!! If tightening the end caps doesn't work I'd email MF.

Lo,

lwien

willieR said:
Should I be looking to get Powerex batteries and a Lacrosse charger?

Yup. The Maha C9000 is also an excellent charger. The main difference between the two is that the C9000 allows higher charging rates and has a few more features, but the LaCrosse is more user friendly in that it has individual readouts for each batt, and it allows global settings. Lots more button pushing with the 9000 if you don't want to use it's default rates.

Both good chargers and the best on the market at this time. The Powerex 2700's seems to be the favored batt with the LB.

lwien,
Top Bottom