momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I am also excited about this. It will be perfect for the bedtime sessions, leaving my batteries ready for when I go out.

momofthegoons,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
JDSupreme said:
I just tried that "pyromon no draw" technique....can someone explain how vapor gets drawn into your lungs from the box @ the mouth by breathing in through your nose? sounds rather physically impossible...i think i missed something. and if there is "no draw" wont you get combustion? or is that where the thick hits come from? i can get rather large hits by micro hitting...

When you draw air into your lungs through your nose with your mouth open, a slight vacuum effect results in enough airflow to draw the vapour from the LB. This is the slowest possible draw, so the load does get heated to high temperatures and this is why you get a thick hit. If your draw is too long, it will overheat and scorch. It is even possible to reach combustion I suppose, but that would take a long time. Frankly, given the thick cloudy hit, I think you'd need leather lungs of enormous capacity to endure it long enough to scorch let alone combust.

If microhitting works for you, you probably don't need this technique anyway.

Now you made me update the Vaporpedia entry again, grrrr... :mad:

pakalolo,

upriver

combustion-free
I tried this nose-hitting thing last night and it does work. What I found is that you need to brace for a very long, slow hit. So you need to really prime the brain by taking a nice deep breath to make sure you have some oxygen, then exhale completely, and then a little more. This "empty lung" makes it a lot easier to draw in what you need. So exhale until you can't exhale any more, and then try the procedure. Indeed, while your moth is on the box, breathing through the nose will pull vapors into the lungs. As pakalo points out, this can actually become quite intense and might result in coughing.

I am not sure why the OP suggested exhaling through the nose, I do not like to do that and it works fine just removing the box and exhaling through mouth.

This method certainly works, but as I have no trouble with the normal method, I'll stick with that.

I still fear many people are focusing on trying to produce a technique which results in visible "milky" vapor being exhaled... I really suggest trying to run the box a bit more thinly and being patient. Often it feel like I did not get a hit, but 10 minutes later, there is no question.

upriver,

caseball2051

exhaling through the nose offers new tissues for vapor to be absorbed into, thats the only reason i can think of

caseball2051,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
caseball2051 said:
exhaling through the nose offers new tissues for vapor to be absorbed into, thats the only reason i can think of

Exactly. It's not essential and now I have to go and clarify, darn it!

I like to exhale the first two or three hits on a load through the nose because I like the enhancement to the flavour. This applies to my Extreme as well as the LB, and probably is true for any vaporizer.

pakalolo,

gim

Aetz88 said:
Haha I actually have like 2 magic bullets, but its too loud to use at night for like a "bed-time bowl"

I do often smoke with people, so I could collect a lot of kief, which is a plus. Also since it is a better quality material (I read that plastic grinders eventually wear down, and that little bits of the plastic could get in the herbs and then when you vape it or smoke it later, you inhale the plastic which I was told was a HUGE no no.)

I feel like it currently is a nuissance because I feel like after I grind it up, I have to do shot glass + scissors just to get it to a fine grind.

Also with smell, my current one I can't really tell because its in a box with the herbs...

Once again thanks a lot! I really enjoy how everybody's replies are very helpful. :D

You might look at the grinder thread in general discussion. Based on what you've told us here, I would suggest spending the 20-40$ on a nice grinder.

You will see a quality difference between a cheapo plastic one and a CNC metal grinder. I have a freebie red plastic grider that came with my MFLB and it doesn't work half as well as my titanium crusher. The tolerances(tightness of the gap between teeth) just doesn't compare.

You can basically completely avoid the shotglass/scissors routine by taking a good grinder, turning it upside down and continuing to grind.

gim,

upriver

combustion-free
pakalolo said:
caseball2051 said:

Exactly. It's not essential and now I have to go and clarify, darn it!

I like to exhale the first two or three hits on a load through the nose because I like the enhancement to the flavour. This applies to my Extreme as well as the LB, and probably is true for any vaporizer.

Good points... I find exhaling even gentle vapor is irritating to my nose. I also don't notice it improving the taste/smell though I sure wish it did! We must all find our own vapor paths, and I enjoy reading what works for others even if it doesn't for me. My only reservation about vaping in general is that some of the rich taste is lost. Some of the more subtle notes are easier to catch, but I do miss those giant lungfulls of flavor that a bong can provide.

upriver,

Spacenstein

upriver said:
I find exhaling even gentle vapor is irritating to my nose.

That's helpful if you're one to conserve vapor. Begin to exhale through the nose, if you feel an irritability then you could hold your hit for a few extra seconds to allow more vapor to be absorbed into your lungs.

:2c:

-Spacenstein

Spacenstein,

Nycdeisel

Why not just get a good 2 piece metal grinder??? With a 2 piece, you can choose exactly how fine or coarse you want your grind, which is good if you use multiple different methods. I have a 2 piece titanium Space Case. You can get one for under $40 and it will literally last forever.

Nycdeisel,

SkollIstKrieg

Oh man so excited to finally see the adapter come out! I've had my box since march and it has been my main outdoors vape. The thing just plain rocks! I also tried out that new inhaling from the nose technique last night...I got huge clouds from doing it, even bigger clouds than the microhitting technique gave me, heck yeah! this thing just gets better and better as time rolls on :)

SkollIstKrieg,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I wonder if it is possible to do a controlled slow draw without drawing air in through your nose, and get the same results with less dilution?

Progress,

Theo

Just bought my first MFLB for my mom. Hopefully she'll love it, I don't even have one for myself! I've used it a couple times when friends have it and hopefully this will be perfect for her. I'm hoping she will stop combusting completely.

Theo,

champ3185

hey guys. got my replacement lb and my God..huge difference

now im getting vapor in 3secs with the same batts. there is a gigantic difference in airflow and i now i have to draw on the unit fast to keep it at the right temp!! :) the light goes bright orange now so the batts were fine all along.

Im delighted with it and MF must be commended for the best after care service Iv ever seen from any company... and i mean that!

I loaded a trench before the harry potter film and I was in the clouds..visible vapor hits and the taste was gorgeous. I forgot how efficient this little guy is.

It seems the airflow at the back of the unit has been modified in some way and I like the pushback ring for the batt..anyhow im as happy as can be.

cheers MF.love u guys

owen

champ3185,

robson

Hi Guys. Great thread been following it for about 100 pages or so.

Anyway Ive been a magic flight user since early summer. Really love my box!

However recently it is becoming more difficult to get a hit. My box seems to be running really cool. I cant get my load past green/yellow where as before id take it to dark brown.

Thought it may a battery problem but i got new ones and tested on friends box.. no problem.

Whilst it is subjective would this qualify for a replacement box do you think? If i leave a load in with the battery in and wait for 1 minute the underneath does not turn black as I would expect.

Can I get a replacement box for this or will I have to buy a new one?

cheers guys

edit: I cleaned my screen with iso and has had no effect. Also Ive only used the box for herb not concentrates.

robson,

george

robson said:
Hi Guys. Great thread been following it for about 100 pages or so.

Anyway Ive been a magic flight user since early summer. Really love my box!

However recently it is becoming more difficult to get a hit. My box seems to be running really cool. I cant get my load past green/yellow where as before id take it to dark brown.

Thought it may a battery problem but i got new ones and tested on friends box.. no problem.

Whilst it is subjective would this qualify for a replacement box do you think? If i leave a load in with the battery in and wait for 1 minute the underneath does not turn black as I would expect.

Can I get a replacement box for this or will I have to buy a new one?

cheers guys

edit: I cleaned my screen with iso and has had no effect. Also Ive only used the box for herb not concentrates.

Are you SUREE it's not a battery issue? I would try one of the highly reccomended batteries if you havnt done so yet. If it definately isnt a battery issue, and a fully charged battery wont even take your herb to dark brown then i would say you should be able to get a warranty replacement. Magicflight has great customer service.

Powerex 2700 mah is what i think you should try

or read through this for more battery info, or look through this thread http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box#Batteries

george,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I'm still not getting the hole no draw nose hit thing. I'm really confused because to me it seems like I SHOULDN'T get any vapor...and I don't...so I don't really know what to do. If I breathe through my nose, I don't draw vapor into my lungs...it just sits their in the box and gets hot.

Don't get it...

finchrock24,

vapirtoo

Yo flint'
I got the same result :( Maybe we need a reading comprehension course :lol: because I
put my mouth over the hole and inhaled through my nose and.......??? did not get a
damn thing. So you're not the only one. :peace:

vapirtoo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
:2c:
finchrock24 said:
I'm still not getting the hole no draw nose hit thing. I'm really confused because to me it seems like I SHOULDN'T get any vapor...and I don't...so I don't really know what to do. If I breathe through my nose, I don't draw vapor into my lungs...it just sits their in the box and gets hot.

Don't get it...

I can't seem to do it either. I think this is more of my inability to breathe through my nose while still allowing air through my mouth. I don't think I'm able to do this. Therefore I can't get a hit this way. I've given up on it. My guess is that for those who are able to do this breathing technique, it works fine. But if you're like me and can't inhale in this manner, it's a non-starter.

My :2c:

Stu,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
LaunchBox420 said:
has anyone used the Whip for this? was wondering what its like.

Keep er Vaked

whip is okay to help cool vapor or to connect to a water device, but I bought it for the two mini stems that come with it.

DeepFried,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I just use the brush and blow the last specks out, then every 12 trenches or so a self cleaning. All screens change color over time, just the nature of stainless steel.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom