Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
pakalolo said:
I've added pyromon's technique, along with information from other users, to the Vaporpedia entry here:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...F_Does_it_really_deliver_thick_cloudy_hits.3F

This thing is getting really long, and I would be interested in feedback about breaking it into separate entries for each section. Pro: shorter, less intimidating entries. Con: someone looking for an answer might not find it on the base MFLB entry page.

Comments?

I think it's ok the way it is. All the topics are summarized in the table of contents, so I don't think it's too hard to find the answer that you're looking for.

Great job on the entry, Pak. Very nicely done.

Stu,

VirtualRealist

Mastervapour
pakalolo, IMHO this is a thing of beauty. If anything, the battery discussion could be moved. Otherwise, it is golden!

VirtualRealist,

caseball2051

i think you should keep the wiki the way it is. maybe at the top, add a note about searching and using ctrl + F to help find answers quickly.

caseball2051,

Beezleb

I just looked at it and I have to say its a hell of work. Good job and thank you. I can think of nothing to other than what those above have already mentioned.

Beezleb,

clayton

Thank you a lot pakalolo, now I just used 1 trench and was touch and go with the world. I feel dumb doing the way i was using it...

clayton,

SmokingElectricity

this is my new bedtime vape. i was too lazy to turn on the DBV last night, so i took the LB with me to bed. knocked me right out. also been alternating this morning with bong hits off DBV and hits from the LB...

:ko:

SmokingElectricity,

Spacenstein

I haven't read through this entire thread yet, so excuse me if this has been already discussed.

If any of you have noticed, the newer LBs have a very minor change in the body type and where the air intake comes in from. (I'm terrible at explaining, but if you own both an old and a newer LB, you should immediately understand)

Not too sure why MagicFlight decided to change this but IMO it really degrades the efficiency and ease of use of the LB. The vapor-to-air ratio is around 1:8, inhaling a bit too fast causes a loud whistling, and the LB tends to lose stray vapor if not held the correct way.

Unfortunately, I also believe my unit is also a little cooler (temperature wise, lol) which makes it twice as hard to receive the same hits I was getting from my older LB.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? I am a huge fan of MagicFlight and their customer service is outstanding as well, so please don't tell me I'm being an ass-- just a little disappointed.

-Spacenstein

Spacenstein,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Last night I went into Walmart and did not realize until I got back to my car, some 20 minutes later, my LB was 'on' the entire time I was in the store. The trench was fully blackened but not combusted. The LB was very warm and the Imedion was too hot to hold. I hope I didn't fuck up my battery.

chucku,

SmokingElectricity

^^^damn that sucks chucku

i one one of these today [at wal-mart] was only 8 bucks. came with 4 AA 2500mAh batteries. really cont go wrong for 8 bucks. if they don't work good in the LB, put it to use in my control pads. anyone else tried this?

energizer recharge value.
thumb_Energizer%20Charger_1259385060.jpg

SmokingElectricity,

chucku

Charles Urbane
aesthyrian said:
does your MFLB not have the pushback ring?

No it does not. I was counting on the tightness of fit of the Imedions. I will have to be more careful when leaving the car.

chucku,

chucku

Charles Urbane
SmokingElectricity said:

i one one of these today [at wal-mart] was only 8 bucks. came with 4 AA 2500mAh batteries. really cont go wrong for 8 bucks. if they don't work good in the LB, put it to use in my control pads. anyone else tried this?

http://files0.sharedreviews.net/images/reviews/48283/thumb_Energizer Charger_1259385060.jpg?1

I threw mine out. The charger sucks. The batteries get way too warm charging, there is no conditioning cycle and the batteries have inconsistent fit. The batteries also are not as good as Powerex/Imedions/Eneloop/Duraloop. Assuming those batteries really are 2500 mah they need to be broken in, something the Energizer charger is not capable of.

chucku,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Spacenstein said:
I haven't read through this entire thread yet, so excuse me if this has been already discussed.

If any of you have noticed, the newer LBs have a very minor change in the body type and where the air intake comes in from. (I'm terrible at explaining, but if you own both an old and a newer LB, you should immediately understand)

Not too sure why MagicFlight decided to change this but IMO it really degrades the efficiency and ease of use of the LB. The vapor-to-air ratio is around 1:8, inhaling a bit too fast causes a loud whistling, and the LB tends to lose stray vapor if not held the correct way.

Unfortunately, I also believe my unit is also a little cooler (temperature wise, lol) which makes it twice as hard to receive the same hits I was getting from my older LB.

Is anyone experiencing similar problems? I am a huge fan of MagicFlight and their customer service is outstanding as well, so please don't tell me I'm being an ass-- just a little disappointed.

-Spacenstein

I don't think you're being an ass, but I do think perhaps you're not using good technique.

I have two LBs, one of each. Yes the air intake was changed, but the only usage change I noticed was a much smoother hit from the newer LB. I'm not sure whether that is attributed to the difference in air intake or the fact that the newer LB is koa not birch.

I've not seen any vapour loss at all from either of my LBs unless I leave the battery in contact and don't draw. Even then the vapor escapes through the draw hole not the air entry passage. I can't see how vapour escapes at all if you are drawing on it, could you elaborate?

I'm not sure how the change would affect that anyway, since the difference is a wider shallower channel but only up to the shoulder, at which point both LBs are identical to the air entry point just past the copper coil. As far as I can see the volume of air intake is the same, but the distribution inside the box has changed. Perhaps magicflight will comment on this.

If you are inhaling hard enough to cause whistling then you are drawing way too hard, which would definitely cool the LB down. Unless you are using different draw strengths for each box (seems unlikely to me) I am baffled why both boxes don't whistle. Again, perhaps you could explain further? I wish I had my LBs with me so I could see how hard you have to draw to make it whistle. Perhaps I'm overestimating the strength needed. Anyone else with one care to experiment?

You can try the pyromon technique described here:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...F_Does_it_really_deliver_thick_cloudy_hits.3F

When you do it this way, there won't be any airflow issues. ;) If you find the hits too thick for your taste (I do) then you can gradually increase your draw strength until you get something that works for you.

ETA Thanks to all who commented on the Vaporpedia entry, especially for the kind remarks. You've saved me a lot of work since you convinced me it's better left as is.

pakalolo,

SmokingElectricity

chucku said:
SmokingElectricity said:

http://files0.sharedreviews.net/images/reviews/48283/thumb_Energizer Charger_1259385060.jpg?1

I threw mine out. The charger sucks. The batteries get way too warm charging, there is no conditioning cycle and the batteries have inconsistent fit. The batteries also are not as good as Powerex/Imedions/Eneloop/Duraloop. Assuming those batteries really are 2500 mah they need to be broken in, something the Energizer charger is not capable of.

if they can get me thru the holidays, i'll be happy. they all fit good for me, possibly due to my unit being so new.

SmokingElectricity,

delta 9

pakalolo wrote
Wow, sorry to hear about the chest pain. I'm not sure I understand why you feel the airflow is restricted. The LB performs better with lighter draws, not heavier. pyronym's technique doesn't require drawing at all. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding. Is the chest pain caused by the effort required to draw or the kind of vapour you're getting, i.e. is it too hot or harsh?
The chest pain is caused by the effort , it feels like there is quite a bit of resistance when drawing , i also have a vapbong(glass test tube type vap) and there is less resistance and mouthpeice is about same size as LB , i am quite used to the heat and not letting it get too hot by drawing faster or disconnecting battery . i draw lightly and slowly to control heat and vapor production. maybe i used the wrong wording with more airflow i want to reduce the resistance of drawing on it , i dont want to draw faster or draw in more air/vapor . i would like to open up the air intake to reduce the resistance as i think thats what is happening with the lid slightly open.

delta 9,

Spacenstein

pakalolo said:
I don't think you're being an ass, but I do think perhaps you're not using good technique.

I have two LBs, one of each. Yes the air intake was changed, but the only usage change I noticed was a much smoother hit from the newer LB. I'm not sure whether that is attributed to the difference in air intake or the fact that the newer LB is koa not birch.

I've not seen any vapour loss at all from either of my LBs unless I leave the battery in contact and don't draw. Even then the vapor escapes through the draw hole not the air entry passage. I can't see how vapour escapes at all if you are drawing on it, could you elaborate?

I'm not sure how the change would affect that anyway, since the difference is a wider shallower channel but only up to the shoulder, at which point both LBs are identical to the air entry point just past the copper coil. As far as I can see the volume of air intake is the same, but the distribution inside the box has changed. Perhaps magicflight will comment on this.

If you are inhaling hard enough to cause whistling then you are drawing way too hard, which would definitely cool the LB down. Unless you are using different draw strengths for each box (seems unlikely to me) I am baffled why both boxes don't whistle. Again, perhaps you could explain further? I wish I had my LBs with me so I could see how hard you have to draw to make it whistle. Perhaps I'm overestimating the strength needed. Anyone else with one care to experiment?

You can try the pyromon technique described here:

When you do it this way, there won't be any airflow issues. ;) If you find the hits too thick for your taste (I do) then you can gradually increase your draw strength until you get something that works for you.

ETA Thanks to all who commented on the Vaporpedia entry, especially for the kind remarks. You've saved me a lot of work since you convinced me it's better left as is.

I own two other LBs (w/out the new air intake) and I seem to get great hits from them.

I feel like the smoother hit is smoother because your inhaling more air than you do vapor. My older models allow me to inhale at a somewhat medium-fast pace, and still get some thick vapor.

I actually cant remember how the vapor escapes, haha. :p I'll pay attention next time to try and remember what I was talking about.

About the whistling.. I use my LB for public medicating and while the launch box might not sound like a football whistle, some one standing near me could hear some sort of inhaling-- meanwhile, with my old box I could draw hard to get my herb to jump around like wind storm and I'd hear minimal noise.

Let me clarify, I don't draw that hard at all, really.. I just feel that when I do inhale, there's a distinct noise that I never heard from my old LB.

EDIT: As I'm writing this, I remember what I meant by loss of stray vapor-- I misspoke. I had intended to say loss of stray herb. After I pull my LB out of the velvet case, I can immediately see pieces of small ground herb making its way out of the unit through that air intake. (i carry my LB in my pocket or bag around all day long, so this really is a problem)

Also, let me emphasize this a little more.. My unit may actually be somewhat defective. I use brand new PowerEx batteries with this new unit and the "on light" still doesn't illuminate as bright as I'd assume it's possible. In fact, my older LB, with older standard batteries illuminates brighter than this one..

Do you think if I messaged magicflight about getting a replacement, they would send me an older unit as my replacement?

-Spacenstein

P.S. Vaporpedia is beautiful, it's all your work? :o

Spacenstein,

Aetz88

I have a question about Pyromon's technique. The only differences between his technique and a normal technique (At least that I can see) is the use of your nose.

When you put your mouth on the box, and you start inhaling through your nose... can somebody go more in depth for me? Like when I try to "breathe in" my nose, I can either, just breathe in through my nose SLOWLY, which kinda makes me breathe in through my mouth just a little, or I can just focus on breathing through my nose... which doesn't really make sense to me, because I don't really breathe in through my mouth. Also what does exhaling it via my nose do? As compared to just exhaling via my mouth?

I mean after I typed this, it sounds like a dumb question, but then again I am not sure if there is something I am missing here. Thank you to those who clear this up for me. :)

Lastly, I have never seen a nice grinder, like a Space Case or something that costs like $40. Are they really worth it over the 2pc plastic one that came with my MFLB? How big of a difference are the $40+ nice grinders compared to a little plastic one? I just don't see myself spending $40 on one when a $5 one could just do the same thing, or come close to it. Also coffee grinder is too big and I don't drink coffee or anything, and I don't own one so I don't plan on buying one.

Aetz88,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Aetz88 said:
Lastly, I have never seen a nice grinder, like a Space Case or something that costs like $40. Are they really worth it over the 2pc plastic one that came with my MFLB? How big of a difference are the $40+ nice grinders compared to a little plastic one? I just don't see myself spending $40 on one when a $5 one could just do the same thing, or come close to it. Also coffee grinder is too big and I don't drink coffee or anything, and I don't own one so I don't plan on buying one.

The difference is most likely distinguished on the basis of material quality or durability, so how long they'll last you. Also I'd imagine they are just superior at grinding down the herb finely, some of them also have crystal catchers or whatever you wish to call them. I've seen many people with these things, which is supposed to catch the THC and you can transform it into other things :). But my with friend's cheap grinders they hardly work and mostly just get clogged up, so perhaps it would actually work with one of these more expensive bud busters.

I can understand maybe paying $30-40 for a grinder, but some of these are ridiculous, there is one that is over $100. I mean why not just buy a magic bullet? ;)

Blackthoven,

Spacenstein

Aetz88 said:

It really depends on what type of smoker/vaper you are.

Space Case / similar 4pc grinders

-you can store tiny to medium buds in the compartments below
-you'll hardly ever have to clean it
-it'll last a lifetime as long as you're not a dumbass
-if you're the type to smoke with 3+ people, you can collect a lot of kief by being the designated grinder guy
-portable...... just like any other grinder
-semi smell proof, definitely not water proof, though..

I say stick with your grinder for a couple months or so, if it becomes a nuisance, look into getting something else.

I have a Space Case grinder, and it is quite nice although I find I hardly ever use it. Like I said, it really depends on what type of girl/guy you are.

FYI, I have a pollen box that I let all my bud sit in and dry up-- then I just crumble up the bud with my fingers.
(any of you seen the video on youtube of 'jacks pipe' and they show him breaking apart a dry bud?)

Blackthoven said:
I mean why not just buy a magic bullet? ;)

Haha. :lol:

-Spacenstein

Spacenstein,

Aetz88

Haha I actually have like 2 magic bullets, but its too loud to use at night for like a "bed-time bowl"

I do often smoke with people, so I could collect a lot of kief, which is a plus. Also since it is a better quality material (I read that plastic grinders eventually wear down, and that little bits of the plastic could get in the herbs and then when you vape it or smoke it later, you inhale the plastic which I was told was a HUGE no no.)

I feel like it currently is a nuissance because I feel like after I grind it up, I have to do shot glass + scissors just to get it to a fine grind.

Also with smell, my current one I can't really tell because its in a box with the herbs...

Once again thanks a lot! I really enjoy how everybody's replies are very helpful. :D

Aetz88,

jeffro31

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I have had my magic flight launch box for about 2 weeks now and so far I really like it. :) I tried searching but couldn't find an answer so please forgive me if it's been addressed already. I vaped some kief and now have some dark brown spots on my screen. Is it ok to use a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol to remove them or is there another better way to go?

jeffro31,

Spacenstein

jeffro31 said:
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I have had my magic flight launch box for about 2 weeks now and so far I really like it. :) I tried searching but couldn't find an answer so please forgive me if it's been addressed already. I vaped some kief and now have some dark brown spots on my screen. Is it ok to use a tiny amount of rubbing alcohol to remove them or is there another better way to go?

I vape kief in my LB all the time. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the brown spots are just a visual blemish and won't effect the usage of the unit. If anything, just slide the pyrex cover open, plug a new battery in and let it run all the way through to burn off anything that may be clogging up the screen. I wouldn't put iso on my LB.. :/

Spacenstein,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Spacenstein said:
I own two other LBs (w/out the new air intake) and I seem to get great hits from them.

I feel like the smoother hit is smoother because your inhaling more air than you do vapor. My older models allow me to inhale at a somewhat medium-fast pace, and still get some thick vapor.

I actually cant remember how the vapor escapes, haha. :p I'll pay attention next time to try and remember what I was talking about.

About the whistling.. I use my LB for public medicating and while the launch box might not sound like a football whistle, some one standing near me could hear some sort of inhaling-- meanwhile, with my old box I could draw hard to get my herb to jump around like wind storm and I'd hear minimal noise.

Let me clarify, I don't draw that hard at all, really.. I just feel that when I do inhale, there's a distinct noise that I never heard from my old LB.

EDIT: As I'm writing this, I remember what I meant by loss of stray vapor-- I misspoke. I had intended to say loss of stray herb. After I pull my LB out of the velvet case, I can immediately see pieces of small ground herb making its way out of the unit through that air intake. (i carry my LB in my pocket or bag around all day long, so this really is a problem)

Also, let me emphasize this a little more.. My unit may actually be somewhat defective. I use brand new PowerEx batteries with this new unit and the "on light" still doesn't illuminate as bright as I'd assume it's possible. In fact, my older LB, with older standard batteries illuminates brighter than this one..

Do you think if I messaged magicflight about getting a replacement, they would send me an older unit as my replacement?

-Spacenstein

P.S. Vaporpedia is beautiful, it's all your work? :o

Thanks for the compliment. I compiled the whole thing, but at least 75% of it consists of magicflight's responses in this thread, sometimes edited (his writing doesn't need much editing) and more often, merged from more than one response. The rest is a mix of my own additions and material posted here by other users.

I'm still puzzled by the whistling, although maybe from your latest description it's more of a hissing. I wish I had mine to test. It just seems to me that to get a whistle you'd have to draw way too hard. (I already said that, didn't I...)

I don't know any way to prevent the material loss that wouldn't obstruct the air passage. It happens to me too, but I don't carry the LB around much loaded, so it's never been a big concern.

The most interesting additional information is that you see a difference in the brightness of the light. If you insert a battery into one and then the other and the new LB seems dimmer, you might have a faulty unit. To me that explains things much better than the difference in the air passage, but remember, I'm just a (currently straight) stoner making educated guesses on the facetubes.

I'd contact Magic-Flight with a description and your serial number and see what response you get. They might have old style LBs around, I wouldn't know. It can't hurt to ask.

Good luck. I hate to see someone disappointed in the LB.

delta 9 said:
The chest pain is caused by the effort , it feels like there is quite a bit of resistance when drawing , i also have a vapbong(glass test tube type vap) and there is less resistance and mouthpeice is about same size as LB , i am quite used to the heat and not letting it get too hot by drawing faster or disconnecting battery . i draw lightly and slowly to control heat and vapor production. maybe i used the wrong wording with more airflow i want to reduce the resistance of drawing on it , i dont want to draw faster or draw in more air/vapor . i would like to open up the air intake to reduce the resistance as i think thats what is happening with the lid slightly open.

All I can suggest then is to drill the cover, but honestly I can't see how there is that much resistance. Have you tried another LB to check whether it's something about that particular unit? If you open up the LB more, now matter how you do it you'll increase the chances of material escaping through the opening. Try writing to Magic-Flight for their suggestions. It sure seems to me that the kind of modification you're contemplating would functionally ruin the LB, but whatever works for you I guess. I repeat: stoner, educated guesses, advice from the facetubes...

pakalolo,
Top Bottom