DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
delta 9 said:
The chest pain is caused by the effort , it feels like there is quite a bit of resistance when drawing , i also have a vapbong(glass test tube type vap) and there is less resistance and mouthpeice is about same size as LB , i am quite used to the heat and not letting it get too hot by drawing faster or disconnecting battery . i draw lightly and slowly to control heat and vapor production. maybe i used the wrong wording with more airflow i want to reduce the resistance of drawing on it , i dont want to draw faster or draw in more air/vapor . i would like to open up the air intake to reduce the resistance as i think thats what is happening with the lid slightly open.

What happens when drawing on an empty box with the lid fully closed?, have you tried the self cleaning cycle?, is your screen pushed down too low and blocking the mouth hole?

A LB even after a year of use should have very little draw resistance, probably the least resistance of any vape I have used that requires ground up herb. You should probably contact magic flight for some more suggestions.

DeepFried,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
This nose method that was recently mentioned again has me rediscovering my MFLB. I'm getting perfect cloudy hits every time :D the DBV is going to take the backseat for a while now hehe

TwztedVaper,

delta 9

I don't know any way to prevent the material loss that wouldn't obstruct the air passage. It happens to me too, but I don't carry the LB around much loaded, so it's never been a big concern.

the air passage on my box couldnt leave a spec material thru it so maybe thats whats causing the resistance , airway is too small.

All I can suggest then is to drill the cover, but honestly I can't see how there is that much resistance. Have you tried another LB to check whether it's something about that particular unit? If you open up the LB more, now matter how you do it you'll increase the chances of material escaping through the opening. Try writing to Magic-Flight for their suggestions. It sure seems to me that the kind of modification you're contemplating would functionally ruin the LB, but whatever works for you I guess. I repeat: stoner, educated guesses, advice from the facetubes...
i have tought about driling the cover over air intake channel in front of battery connection ring to increase air flow as battery ring seems to block/restrict airflow. and you could replace cover with a new one if you did not like it. cant reverse sanding the wood.
i dont know anyone who has a LB to compare this one with

delta 9,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
delta 9 said:
the air passage on my box couldnt leave a spec material thru it so maybe thats whats causing the resistance , airway is too small.

Is it possible that you could post a picture of the airway from the side with the cover closed? It sounds like the groove may be too shallow.

MM..Food,

upriver

combustion-free
Just registering some data: ran my brand-new powerex "2700"s through the c9000 break-in cycle, and they were all between 2505 and 2605 mah. They do the job nicely!

upriver,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I don't seem to understand the nose breathing thing. When I inhale through my nose I am not drawing any vapor in my mouth to my lungs. I must be missing something.

finchrock24,

george

finchrock24 said:
I don't seem to understand the nose breathing thing. When I inhale through my nose I am not drawing any vapor in my mouth to my lungs. I must be missing something.

same here :/

george,

vape4health

I had a hard time with the nose thing too but the trick for me was to relax my tongue so I breath from both nose and mouth .

vape4health,

midgetsanchez

It would be neat to have a battery holder with the battery parallel to the unit (instead of perpendicular) with a switch...I bought some parts from radio shack and am working on seeing if I can perfect this a bit.

It's a standard AA battery holder hot-glued to the side, one wire goes to the (copper?) coil exposed on the bottom of the MFLB; the other wire goes to a small push-button switch placed inside the original battery hole on the MFLB. The other end of the switch directly touches the other part of the heating coil.

So far it works, but I have to try wires with a different resistance (the box heats, but the battery drains much quicker than it should and the light is dim even with fresh batteries). Gonna check my connections (I'm not using solder or anything obviously, so the connections are by pure contact for now) Will update with pictures if I succeed.

Just playing around while I wait eagerly for a power adapter :)
kMYW4.png

Update: One advantage so far: the battery clips allows for the use of regular (non-rechargeable AAs), as well as rechargeable AA's without the label removed.

midgetsanchez,

vape4health

The LB pulls some high amps , I think MF said 15 amps , watch for glowing wire .

edit " It draws appx 15A. " thats from a Magic Flight post .

vape4health,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
midgetsanchez said:
It would be neat to have a battery holder with the battery parallel to the unit (instead of perpendicular) with a switch...I bought some parts from radio shack and am working on seeing if I can perfect this a bit.

It's a standard AA battery holder hot-glued to the side, one wire goes to the (copper?) coil exposed on the bottom of the MFLB; the other wire goes to a small push-button switch placed inside the original battery hole on the MFLB. The other end of the switch directly touches the other part of the heating coil.

So far it works, but I have to try wires with a different resistance (the box heats, but the battery drains much quicker than it should and the light is dim even with fresh batteries). Gonna check my connections (I'm not using solder or anything obviously, so the connections are by pure contact for now) Will update with pictures if I succeed.

Just playing around.
kMYW4.png

That looks very interesting, Midget... Keep us posted on if you can get that to work. I'd be interested in having a setup like that if it works ok.

Keep tinkering!!

Stu,

Mushwombat

Hello!

I've had my LB for a year now (great 2009 x-mas present) and I couldn't be happier! It has served its purpose (well) in every possible location that requires the utmost of discretion. While it may drain your rechargeable double AA's fairly quickly, I always make sure to have extra batteries on me for when I'm with friends. The only time there's a problem is when it comes time to retreat back to your hotel/residence and you're battery-less from a full day of vaping (and can't wait the eight hours for a full charge). Thankfully, there is an AC adapter soon to be released. As an individual that is currently "home console" vaporless, this is exciting news! I'll soon have the convenience and accessibility of some of the larger vape-o-contraptions with my beautiful, magic little box. Needless to say, both my friends and I are all ecstatic after hearing it's finally on the way, knowing full that we no longer have to figure out who's going out in the snow to 7-11 for rolling papers after a long day of snowboarding. I/we would LOOOOOVEEEEEEEEE (that's a lot of love) to be considered for a spot as a beta-tester(s)! Thank you Magic Flight for a wonderful product!

Mushwombat,

amkhz

Just posting because I got an e-mail regarding the prototype AC adapter for the Magic-Flight. My brother and I have been getting by with some 2700 mAh Maha batteries, but something to use while sitting on the couch would be excellent.

amkhz,

Ash057

Can somebody please post the email sent about the adapter? I did not buy mine from blissville so I didn't get any email about this.
Serpent said:
I also got an email regarding the ac adapter and am interested. Love my magic flight.

Ash057,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
I just tried that "pyromon no draw" technique....can someone explain how vapor gets drawn into your lungs from the box @ the mouth by breathing in through your nose? sounds rather physically impossible...i think i missed something. and if there is "no draw" wont you get combustion? or is that where the thick hits come from? i can get rather large hits by micro hitting...

JDSupreme,

GON

Hi to everyone, new user here...

Hello Magic-Flight Connoisseur,
There is currently a working AC converter prototype that will work with all of the existing Launch Boxes. When the AC Adapters become available, they will first be offered to active FC Forum posters in a Beta Test program. The Beta AC Adapter is being offered to FC Forum users so that the feedback on the units can be given in one communal place, rather than a multitude of individual emails.

If you would like to be considered for the AC Adapter Beta test program, please sign up for an FC Forum account www.fuckcombustion.com/register.php and make at least one post on the Magic-Flight page of the forum. Then look for the announcement on the FC forum for the application process.

This is the email I received. Sorry if my english is not to good, is not my usual language.

Same as other guys here, I just received that email and I am very interested in being a Beta Tester of thw AC adapter. I have both Box and Tube, and I am seeking if I can put another exotic wood LB on my collection :)

I have the first Box on june, and since this day, every night at home is the perfect partner. I am QA, so maybe I can be useful in the beta testing.

Thanks to all users here, w/o them, I would never discover the LB... THANKSSSS!!!!

GON,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
OH BOY we must be getting close....I want this adapter SOOOO BAD!!!! I got all excited I thought that was a link to a sign up waiting list haha

JDSupreme,

Empherio

Arbiter of the Arbitrary
I want an adapter!! I love the box, but keeping some batts in tippy top condition is a pain. I have 8 rechargables (eneloop,powerex,shipped), of which three/four are reliable, so I'm often in a position where I'm sucking away on a batt that won't produce enough heat to vape efficiently. This leads to pulling out the protopipe and getting it done dirty (and smelly). The adapter would be right-on-time for my late night vapery. Much love for FC and the MFLB.

Empherio,

champ3185

cant wait for the power cable either. Perhaps this may replenish my lb! would be awesome.

champ

mam just rang saying there is a padded package at home for me.. I think this may be my replacement lb. bring it on. just bring it!!!!! cant wait

champ3185,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

The first Beta units of the Power Supply will probably be available for shipping later this week. We will be making an announcement regarding the ordering process and design/usage details herein this forum when everything is "turned on" and ready to go. Very soon now...

-- Magic-Flight

edit: fix typo from typing too fast...

magicflight,

steiner666

Serial vapist
magicflight said:
Hi Everyone,

The first Beta units of the Power Supply will probably be available for shipping later this week. We will be making an announcement regarding the ordering process and design/usage details herein this forum when everything is "turned on" and ready to go. Very soon now...

-- Magic-Flight

LOL! Awesome! I just decided to check this thread for the first time in weeks to see if there was any update on this. Nice!

steiner666,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
magicflight said:
Hi Everyone,

-- Magic-Flight

This is awesome! Can't Wait!

How do we apply for beta :p :p

Elluzion,
Top Bottom