Qbit

cannabanana
charliedontsurf said:
One thing. Someone mentioned a concern about arthritis probably ten or twenty pages back at least. It may be particular to the newer model with the new way the battery compartment is made, but it's kind of enough to agitate my frail, shitty hands. I have to handle it consciously and make sure I'm not applying the pressure on a portion of my hand which can't take the force for 5-10 seconds.

As I understand it (as someone with an old model) you can remove the push-back ring so you don't have to apply pressure while drawing, though obviously you'll need to pull the battery out when you've finished your toke.

Qbit,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Im pretty sure the only time I got black and green trenches was at the beginning. There is a little bit of a break in on new boxes. I think the most important thing you can do to prevent black herb is shake the shit out of it between hits and keep your hits under 15sec. Especially when I put some keif on the bottom of a trench. Make sure that after every hit, all green surface area that was just in contact with the screen needs to be knocked loose. I do a "roll around" of my herb after each hit to make sure there's not a little pile of green ready to be fired in the same spot twice. I've been rocking abv without a spec of black for weeks now.

Oh ya, and im definately not "trashing" a brand new charger. There's plenty of other things around the house that I could be saving money using rechargable AA's on.

For the record, I REALLY want a dark wood edition LB.

JDSupreme,

stuey

What happened to the AC Adapter?

I heard it was close to production a few weeks ago and havent heard anything since.

stuey,

sundaddy

I did an artist conception of a rosewood box with a stainless steel tube, it looked pretty slick.

sundaddy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
JDSupreme said:
Im pretty sure the only time I got black and green trenches was at the beginning. There is a little bit of a break in on new boxes. I think the most important thing you can do to prevent black herb is shake the shit out of it between hits and keep your hits under 15sec.

A lot of people report that the LB runs hot until you break it in, but I never noticed that with mine. You'd think that would be something Magic-Flight would pick up easily in testing but I've not seen anything from magicflight that confirms there is such an effect. I wonder if people aren't attributing the break-in period to the LB when it actually applies to the user.

Either way, the green-black thing seems to me to be purely a technique issue, nothing to do with breaking in the LB and everything to do with breaking in the user. If you grind finely and shake properly, you'll get an even browning/blackening, not a mix. A mix means the black pieces have been in contact with the screen much longer than the green pieces. I don't see how that can be blamed on the LB.

pakalolo,

OC513

Dabaholic
pakalolo said:
JDSupreme said:
Im pretty sure the only time I got black and green trenches was at the beginning. There is a little bit of a break in on new boxes. I think the most important thing you can do to prevent black herb is shake the shit out of it between hits and keep your hits under 15sec.

A lot of people report that the LB runs hot until you break it in, but I never noticed that with mine. You'd think that would be something Magic-Flight would pick up easily in testing but I've not seen anything from magicflight that confirms there is such an effect. I wonder if people aren't attributing the break-in period to the LB when it actually applies to the user.

Either way, the green-black thing seems to me to be purely a technique issue, nothing to do with breaking in the LB and everything to do with breaking in the user. If you grind finely and shake properly, you'll get an even browning/blackening, not a mix. A mix means the black pieces have been in contact with the screen much longer than the green pieces. I don't see how that can be blamed on the LB.
I respectfully disagree. I have had a LB for many months and have my technique down pat. I had an issue with my LB and had to get a replacement. Upon receiving the replacement I had the green and black problems just as I did when I got the original. After a few weeks this went away. So I know it was not my technique as I had been using a LB for months with zero issues after the break in period. Both boxes ran hot from the get go and both seemed to cool after a few weeks of use. Just my :2c:

OC513,

sundaddy

Yeah, counting warranty replacement, I've had 4. I've seen this with every one. Perhaps it's a little healthy build-up that makes the box smooth. For what ever reason, there is definitely a period of "running hot".

sundaddy,

hanfhead

is high
pakalolo said:
JDSupreme said:

I too believed there was a break in period at first, but now I think it is just how new batteries are. Whenever I replace my batteries it is too hot for the first few charges, but begins to mellow out quickly. It does the exact same thing every time, black and green colored herb and harsh hot hits. After you charge each battery maybe 5-10 times I think they become perfect and stay that way for a long time. My current set of 4 energizers is going on 3 months and I charge them each at least twice a day. Also I sometimes use the 15min energizer charger but usually just stick with the white [sanyo?] that came with it.

hanfhead,

sundaddy

Hmmmm..... nope, not the batteries, I have used the same 16 batteries in rotation with all boxes for a year now.

sundaddy,

funkydslr

I would like to start off saying, the MF-LB is not my first vaporizer, i've been content with my vapolution (even portable use, i plug it in my car at the beach all the time) but it was getting cumbersome, to say the least...and, i had to be all awkward heating it up, its just too messy. I also own an Iolite which my head shop coerced me into buying but it just sits in a drawer since i hate discharging so much butane. anyway. I've been reading through this thread for about a week now,and ive read through all 222 pages and by page 12, I had ordered my LB, it changed how I consume cannabis.....anything that profound deserves a review.

It came today from vapeworld.com (why i didn't order it strait from MF idk, but it was shipped from Florida, DOH!)
In anticipation, i went out yesterday and bought 5 different strains to run through it, 2 sativa, 2 indica and one hybrid (707 headband), i thought that was a pretty decent test basin to start out with, just to see how much of each strain i could release at different times. I also purchased 4 eneloops to propel me through todays tests. i made sure to get up early, and run to the post office to get my package (it was on the level of little school girl anticipation).
When i arrived back at home, i ripped open the packaged and proceeded to take everything out, it all looked good, the LB itself is so....cute, and could pass off as a Zoolander cell phone if the draw tube was black.. i'm not sure what else to say about it. its crafted very finely and the fabricators over at MF (Blisssville?) really take pride in what they do, the only other thing i own that was liked so much in production is this walking stick i got from some old guy in the Czech republic years back. Now, by page 221 i had a pretty good understanding of how to use it, and from the first toke, i revived a really pleasant, full bodied hit, definitely on par with any other trait draw vape i've used, only this time, it took no time to heat up, and i didn't have to worry about breaking anything in the process (glass vapolution whips snap easily :( ).

19c409b3.jpg

I got throughly baked (more so than usual...), ive been constantly using it, cycling batteries all day and ive gone through 2 1/2, 1/8ths and a gram of blue dream with one other person, and i have to say....i'm in love. I've been keeping around my old combustion pipes because i need to medicate regularly (very) and on the go, i cant Iolite because the butane problem, and i cant really smoke, because its just bad, this has solved all those issues....and unfortunately for me, its probably going to replace my lution and my pipe collection...

The only issue ive had so far is that the little light inside has never come on, ive wiggled the battery, ive used 6 different ones over and over, im not 100% sure what the deal is, i can see the little bulb, so i know its in there but theres no sign of life while the vapor is forming. Either way, its a minor problem, more testing will reveal more interesting things, this is just a first day review, so im sure ill learn more as time goes.

Love the product, 9.5/10, and the Writing on the back has been taken to heart, amazing company. I'm so glad to see some people still hold moral and ethical principals in such high regard. thank you!

funkydslr,

funkydslr

It would be nice to know when the batteries are starting to fizzle out, i know they replace them if they're broken, but im not sure if its worth not having it for a period of time in order to fix the problem =\

funkydslr,

lwien

funkydslr said:
It would be nice to know when the batteries are starting to fizzle out.....

A good battery charger/analyzer will provide you with that info.

lwien,

OC513

Dabaholic
funkydslr.....glad you like the LB....great avatar...Deadmau5 rocks........Ive hung with him several times and hes a cool dude.

OC513,

funkydslr

lwien said:
funkydslr said:

Well yea, but it would be nice to be able to look down the barrel and see the light dimming and know i have to change batteries, either way its all good.

And joel is a pretty good guy (typical crazy 29 year old house producer), i've done some photography work for the label :)

funkydslr,

stuey

funkydslr said:
lwien said:
funkydslr said:

Well yea, but it would be nice to be able to look down the barrel and see the light dimming and know i have to change batteries, either way its all good.

And joel is a pretty good guy (typical crazy 29 year old house producer), i've done some photography work for the label :)

If the light isnt coming on then there is a fault with the LB.

Contact customer services and they will issue you with a replacment.

stuey,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
stuey said:
funkydslr said:
lwien said:

That's not necessarily true. He said his box is still working, the light just does not come on. My new LB's light does not work either, but it has not affected the performance at all. It still works just fine, and I've learned to use the LB without the light. :)

Vicki,

p00ndawg

Im about to get my mflb tomorrow. Can anyone explain the dark trench problem?
Im wondering, if you get it new cant you just run a couple batteries through to break it in?
I want to use it for stealthiness so I need it to be really stealthy on my first use.

p00ndawg,

stuey

Vicki said:
stuey said:
funkydslr said:

That's not necessarily true. He said his box is still working, the light just does not come on. My new LB's light does not work either, but it has not affected the performance at all. It still works just fine, and I've learned to use the LB without the light. :)

Not to split hairs, but its 100% true.

If the light does not come on then the box is faulty (the light isnt working)

This does not effect the box's ability to vaporise but never-the-less the box has a fault.

stuey,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
While you don't NEED the light to be able to use the MFLB, I know I would miss having the light. Sending a unit without a functioning light is not acceptable IMO and I'm sure Magic Flight will take care of it.

aesthyrian,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
stuey said:
Vicki said:
stuey said:

Not to split hairs, but its 100% true.

If the light does not come on then the box is faulty (the light isnt working)

This does not effect the box's ability to vaporise but never-the-less the box has a fault.

IMHO, I do not see it as a fault because the box still vaporizes just fine. It doesn't bother me because I didn't believe a tiny light bulb would last forever anyway. So, I thought it would be a good idea to learn how to use the box w/o the light.

Vicki,

OC513

Dabaholic
funkydslr said:
lwien said:
funkydslr said:

lol....I didnt want to say his real name out here.....but I guess fans already know. One of my best friends is a big NYC house music producer and he knows Joel well so every time hes around we see him and hang out with him.....hes a cool cat.....or rather a cool mouse :D
Cool gig doing photography for his label.

OC513,

MichMartin

I think magic flight commented on this earlier in the thread and they don't replace boxes that don't have a working light.

MichMartin,

lwien

MichMartin said:
I think magic flight commented on this earlier in the thread and they don't replace boxes that don't have a working light.

That's odd. Will they replace the light if you send your box back in? Considering MF's great reputation for customer service, I would find it quite odd that they would not fix something that is supposed to work.

lwien,
Top Bottom