Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Hey guys I have been using the small 2pc space case grinder and it is getting worn down and some chipping has occurred. is this normal? I thought space case was high quality and this wouldn't happen?
hmmm....

mod note: We have a grinder thread in the General Vaporization section. Your post is off topic for this thread.

Elluzion,

Rash

Since the rubber ring around the screen is touching the screen...would the rubber ring heat up and release toxic fumes?

Rash,
Rash said:
Since the rubber ring around the screen is touching the screen...would the rubber ring heat up and release toxic fumes?

Valid question. I still haven't heard a bold, factual statement as to what the heating element is composed of.

charliedontsurf,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
charliedontsurf said:
Rash said:

Valid question. I still haven't heard a bold, factual statement as to what the heating element is composed of.

Perhaps you missed it then. I pointed you to the answer to that and a lot more in this post: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=89619#p89619 however I repeat, just follow the link in my sig.

pakalolo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

Various questions answered...

HereAtLast: That picture is rather old. We did discontinue making the bent drawtube -- it was found by too many people to be two awkward in use -- the strait version and the whip were more popular. We also discontinued the short stem in favor of a longer one. The charger and the batteries pictured there have also been significantly upgraded, as has the unit itself. There is new tin packaging as well.

Rash: The short answer is no. Distance/position makes a significant difference in far as the actual specific temperature is concerned. We do thermal imaging on each unit (part of the calibration process) and can therefore be very sure that the ring is not getting to temperatures where such questions matter.

CharlieDontSurf: The screen is stainless steel. The complete list of materials found in the Box is in the Vaporpedia FAQ mentioned with a link a couple of posts earlier.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
magicflight said:
We do thermal imaging on each unit (part of the calibration process) and can therefore be very sure that the ring is not getting to temperatures where such questions matter.
-- Magic-Flight

Hot damn, my yokel ass is impressed. Good to know you guys have such quality control.

I was BUMMED when my mflb wasn't on my doorstep today, hoping for tomorrow. It's still in boca raton with all the retirees apparently, ugh. Waiting eagerly.

Magic flight, as a long time guitar and bass player, I've developed a serious appreciation for the different qualities woods' possess. What kind of wood is the MFLB made of? I'll check the list you mentioned and see if it's there. On the bent-tube piece, coming from someone who has never used the unit, I'd still like to have it on the market because it looks like it might be nice. You may also want to ponder a "mouthpiece" which would fit into a bong with the use of a rubber grommet - put them up on vapeworld like you have the whip.

Remember that alot of us are coming from the world of glass art, where shit is beautiful and ornate, sometimes for particularly no reason. A larger, more ornate mouthpiece, maybe with a twist and more room for the vapor to gather might be worth investing in - alot of mflb users are just vaping at home and stealth is not so much a concern, and tricking out the mouthpieces might be a quick and easy way to make it a more appealing home vape. Can't wait to try your product, Magic flight!

charliedontsurf,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
charliedontsurf said:
...What kind of wood is the MFLB made of?

Hi,

It is made of Birch. We are currently considering adding some special art woods for the Holiday season -- probably to be sold via a special auction.

charliedontsurf said:
... A larger, more ornate mouthpiece...

It has been considered, but not yet implemented. We have a couple of other projects in the works which we would like to get completed first before starting anything new.

Enjoy the vape!

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Qbit

cannabanana
magicflight said:
We have a couple of other projects in the works which we would like to get completed first before starting anything new.

Ooh, really? I hope one of them is a fully cleanable LB (maybe ceramic or something) for international travel. I'd sure pay extra for that.

Qbit,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
I made the stainless steel straw work as a mouthpiece!
I took a pair of needle nosed pliers and used them (closed) to gently stretch the opening of the straw. that wee bit of stretching allows it to fit the draw hole perfectly. hubby is going to cut it to length today for me at work, so we'll see how it hits tonight. I will probably be sheathing the exposed parts of the stainless with the silicone whip tubing to prevent battery shorts.
i just have to be careful not to damage the wood stop just inside the draw hole when inserting and removing it.

so, for a few minutes worth of effort, i will have a fully cleanable mflb mouthpiece. sweet!

and the link again to the 'small child martini swizzles'

http://www.amazon.com/STAINLESS-Swizzles-Children-MINIATURE-Groove-germ/dp/B0028T7Y0K/ref=pd_sbs_k_9

herbgirl,

stuey

Can anyone reconmend a coffee grinder that would be good to use for the LB that is availiable in the UK.

Im looking to get a really fine grind.

Best wishes all

stuey,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
CombustionJunction,

caseball2051

I used my LB the other day and took a warm battery out of the unit and placed it in my charger. The metal made contact and the battery got very hot and it began to make noises. I threw the battery away. Is the white 2 battery charger capable of charging one battery at a time?

caseball2051,

stuey

CombustionJunction said:
stuey said:
Can anyone reconmend a coffee grinder that would be good to use for the LB that is availiable in the UK.

Im looking to get a really fine grind.

Best wishes all
Not sure if it's available in the UK, but I recommend this Proctor Silex

http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-Silex-E160B-Coffee-Grinder/dp/B00006IUX5/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Great at collecting kief and good control over your grind

EDIT: It takes a while to get a really fine grind, but it gets the job done

Dosent look like its available in the UK

Are any of these any good?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...eywords=coffee+grinder&sprefix=coffee+grinder

Mod note: Let's keep the grinder shopping out of the MF thread. It's too off topic for a 200+ page thread and we already have a grinder thread in the General section.

stuey,

stuey

Mod note: Let's keep the grinder shopping out of the MF thread. It's too off topic for a 200+ page thread and we already have a grinder thread in the General section.

Obviously its up to you what is and isnt allowed in the thread.

The MF requires a particularly fine grind, so by preventing people from talking about grinders specifically for the MF in this thread, you are preventing people from figuring out how to get the most out of their MF.

But its up to you.

stuey,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Qbit said:
magicflight said:
We have a couple of other projects in the works which we would like to get completed first before starting anything new.

Ooh, really? I hope one of them is a fully cleanable LB (maybe ceramic or something) for international travel. I'd sure pay extra for that.

I hadn't considered ceramic. That seems like it would be expensive. I'm looking forward to seeing the limited edition wood. :)

Vicki,
It just showed up! No extras from vapeworld, was kind of sad to see that.

This thing is minute! No amount of images properly prepares you for how small this thing is. My batteries were mostly dead so I could just get a moderate vape, but it was actually very nice. I can't wait to try it out after work when the batts are charged. And man, that's a thin screen.

charliedontsurf,

lwien

charliedontsurf said:
It just showed up! No extras from vapeworld, was kind of sad to see that.

Extra's? Like what kind of extra's. According to Vapeworld, it's supposed to come with a grinder.

lwien,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
been livin off of the blisssville batts and some wally world rayovacs....just got my PowerEx 2700's in today from Thomas Dist (great price, quick shipping, my new "go to") and I never thought I'd notice the difference but wow these things rock the LB. question is I read that its cool to charge these in my Energizer 15 min charger but if I have the time is it really better to use the stock LB charger. I got both so I'm wondering if I should be favoring one or the other. The 15min charger has been on the shelf kinda waiting for the stock on to kick the bucket...

JDSupreme,

lwien

I would trash any 15 min. charger for they all will trash your batteries long before their time is up.

lwien,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
lwien said:
I would trash any 15 min. charger for they all will trash your batteries long before their time is up.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Someday, you might just need a fast recharge.

I certainly would use it only if I really really needed a battery that soon. You're absolutely right about fast charging destroying your batteries. Once in a while in an emergency is fine with me, though.

pakalolo,

lwien

Yeah, I'd just make sure that I had some charged up batteries on hand. Those 15 min chargers are really bad for your batteries.

lwien,

vapirtoo

Boy folks,
Again right on the money! I just discovered an old duracell 4 bay
15 min charger, and stuck a new duracell 2650 mah in it for a quickie.
I was waiting for the blissville sanyo to recharge my other batts, and this
seemed a cool way to go. The charger has a fan and kept the batt fairly cool.
The battery was fully charged in 17-18 min. It worked for two days on one trench.
I was wondering how good this would be on the batts, and I will follow your advice and
keep it for emergencies.
Thanks folks! Eventhough the fan was kind of cool. :lol:

vapirtoo,
Stock batteries are delivering a ultimately green n black trench, even with decent stirring/shaking. Batteries had a full charge from a quality charger... Curious. I've heard the mflb can have a break in time.

charliedontsurf,

CarltonBanks

charliedontsurf said:
Stock batteries are delivering a ultimately green n black trench, even with decent stirring/shaking. Batteries had a full charge from a quality charger... Curious. I've heard the mflb can have a break in time.

Mine gave green and black trenches for the first few weeks. Now I generally get it to yellowish green before I replace the trench. Generally, that's about 6-9 hits off each one. It doesn't turn anything black anymore, but it will combust if I unload a yellowed trench, grind it to powder with my fingers, and then reload it.

I took mine to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in Golden Gate Park last weekend, and I noticed that it produces really steamy exhales when used in cool outdoor weather. Visually speaking, it might as well have been smoke.

Do all vapes do that?

CarltonBanks,
CarltonBanks said:
charliedontsurf said:

Mine gave green and black trenches for the first few weeks. Now I generally get it to yellowish green before I replace the trench. Generally, that's about 6-9 hits off each one. It doesn't turn anything black anymore, but it will combust if I unload a yellowed trench, grind it to powder with my fingers, and then reload it.

I took mine to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in Golden Gate Park last weekend, and I noticed that it produces really steamy exhales when used in cool outdoor weather. Visually speaking, it might as well have been smoke.

Do all vapes do that?

I had work saturday and didn't get to go, missed Joan Baez, David Grisman and Hot Tuna, was insanely pissed at that, I hope you had a great time.

If anything a vape should take more time and energy to get up to heat in a cold environment, not less. I sometimes set my volcano a little higher in the winter than in the summer, starting a 5.5 rather than 5.

Update: I put the batteries in their stock charger (not mine) and went away for 6 or 7 hours. Came back, and trenches are still going green/black. It's not even awful, but it's not what other people seem to be describing. Did everyone's MFLB go through an uneven heating phase or do I have a lemon? Are my batteries abnormal - the light does seem kind of dimmish, but at the same, I don't know how bright it's supposed to be.

Update 2; unit is blacking/greening less. I actually -really- like this thing, like probably 8/10 and rising at this point. I didn't understand what they meant by a thin screen, I didn't at all visualize the actual construction as it is. It's like two rods with a continuous, superfine steel screen suspended over it forming a trench. I've been using a single battery for what seems like an hour, with plenty of visual vapor with pleasant flavor.

At this point, a quality product :D

One thing. Someone mentioned a concern about arthritis probably ten or twenty pages back at least. It may be particular to the newer model with the new way the battery compartment is made, but it's kind of enough to agitate my frail, shitty hands. I have to handle it consciously and make sure I'm not applying the pressure on a portion of my hand which can't take the force for 5-10 seconds.

Question for magic flight: material on top of the side of the trench are still being vaped reasonably, correct? Maybe 30-60% as effectively as in the trench?

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom