hereatlast

Definitely a nice addition. How did you end up cutting it? I imagine a small pipe-cutter would give a clean cut, otherwise a hacksaw?

hereatlast,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
p00ndawg said:
Hey thanks you answered most of my questions. The problem is that while I live in my own apartment, I can occasionally smell what the neighbors are cooking, so I just dont want to smoke up the whole apartment. So im mainly worried about just being able to keep the smell low enough so that it cant travel through vents or anything.

If you hit the LB native, it is vaporizing almost in your mouth. That's one of its beauties: nothing for the vapor to condense on, nowhere to go except into your lungs. Unless you cough or exhale, nothing escapes to give off an odor. Even if you let some escape, vapor is not as smelly as smoke. I think you're probably at more risk opening a baggie of certain strains than you are from vapor escaping from your LB.

pakalolo,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
hereatlast said:
Definitely a nice addition. How did you end up cutting it? I imagine a small pipe-cutter would give a clean cut, otherwise a hacksaw?

dh cut the tubing and deburred/shaped the tip with his dremel. it's nice and smooth.

i put the silicone whip tubing on it and it feels kinda funny, haven't decided whether i will keep it that way or not.

herbgirl,

gim

I can already tell that the immediate feedback is real. I will never give up hitting this thing native.

gim,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Logic, hitting it native is when you don't use a stem and you just use the box itself to hit from. ;)

momofthegoons,

OC513

Dabaholic
Logic said:
What exactly do you mean when you say 'native' ?
it means without a stem or whip, no attachment.....just put your mouth on the box itself....the best way to fly in my book

edit....Mom beat me to it

OC513,
its like kissin the mflb, not using stem acrylic. it drys my throat after few dozen puffs, & i get a little cough, wish it was easier to get bong 4 it

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,
One thing that's kind of bummerish about hitting it native is not being able to watch the material as clearly as you inhale. This coming from someone who needs very much to work on his native technique since I'm not getting the same results you guys are talking about.

charliedontsurf,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Picked up some 9 dollar rayovac "platinum" AA LSD 2100mah batteries today at the wallmart. I peeled all of them half way so the part that sticks out still has tape on it. This was kind of hard to do but its well worth it. I have been seeing superb results out of one of these little cheap guys. Theyre 2100 mah are Low Self Discharge so i would say that 9 dollars for four of them is a great deal. I also love the two batteries that came with it alot.
pretty vaked right now, i am now a vapor head, i dont really want to combust again and see no need to.

Vaporgin.,

Qbit

cannabanana
charliedontsurf said:
One thing that's kind of bummerish about hitting it native is not being able to watch the material as clearly as you inhale. This coming from someone who needs very much to work on his native technique since I'm not getting the same results you guys are talking about.

I find temperature feedback more useful than visual feedback. Hitting it native (or with the short stem as I do) might make it difficult to see what's going on, but you can't really see the action anyway, even with a whip, as it's mostly happening on the floor of the trench (ie on the underside of the weed). Feeling the heat of the vapour stream, on the other hand, gives you a good feel of how well your herb is being toasted.

Qbit,

MichMartin

charliedontsurf said:

Don't worry. It just takes practice!

When I hit it native I feel for heat on my lips first.
If I want to do huge hits I need to inhale slowly so I adjust it so the air stream hits my tongue.
When I hit it normally I just let it flow over the tongue and I feel at the top of my mouth as well.
Now I can vape from fresh weed to my preferred brown and tell when the batteries are dead by just feeling the heat.

MichMartin,
A super fine grind and full trenches are the keys to MFLB nirvana.

Native is nice - I still lika the whip with big glass hookah mouthpiece. wish I had a longer hose, 12 inches is not long enough. You really can pull clouds from this thing.

What's the best way to skin a battery? From the top, from the middle, razor, knife? Edit: easily done, cut down middle, left half a label on, even left "rechargable nimh" visible on a duracell eneloop-a-like 2000 mah. Seem to run hotter than stocks, but no blacking.

CLOUDS. I could completely see using this an one and only vape presuming is can be reasonably cleaned and extracts aren't a priority.

Magic Flight, I would recommend including the 12 inch whip with purchase (raise 2 or 3 bucks if necessary to cover cost across the board) and offering a 12 - 20 dollar glass mouthpiece with longer whip. What you have made is a remarkably effective vaporizer smaller than a cigarette box which surpasses most box style vapes in vapor quality - it really just needs accessories to make it more of a home vape.

charliedontsurf,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
charliedontsurf said:
What you have made is a remarkably effective vaporizer smaller than a cigarette box which surpasses most box style vapes in vapor quality - it really just needs accessories to make it more of a home vape.

no it doesn't, it's not a home vape. I would not want to spend more to get a whip I don't want, that is why it is an accessory, you want one - order one that easy.

One of the design attributes that makes the box so effective is the fact that vapor is made and basically is straight to your mouth with no where for the vapor to really condense. Adding a whip or big mouthpiece defeats that feature and removes the whole portability aspect.

DeepFried,

p00ndawg

DeepFried said:
charliedontsurf said:
What you have made is a remarkably effective vaporizer smaller than a cigarette box which surpasses most box style vapes in vapor quality - it really just needs accessories to make it more of a home vape.

no it doesn't, it's not a home vape. I would not want to spend more to get a whip I don't want, that is why it is an accessory, you want one - order one that easy.

One of the design attributes that makes the box so effective is the fact that vapor is made and basically is straight to your mouth with no where for the vapor to really condense. Adding a whip or big mouthpiece defeats that feature and removes the whole portability aspect.

I think he was talking about extra accessories to use and buy, like the whip for instance. Not pre packaged.

nvm, he wants a pre packaged whip, although thats not entirely unreasonable, i like it how it is.

p00ndawg,

gim

As mentioned earlier, when hitting native you really start to learn to feel how the hit is going. It reminds me a lot of combusting actually. As stupid as it sounds, the light feedback down the 'barrel' and the fact you can directly feel the hit strength vary on how carefully you're pulling mimics similar attributes to smoking a joint.

I have actually not been using my EQ since I can use this little guy all around the house. I can very easily see the EQ becoming the 'group vape' exclusively.

gim,

george

DeepFried said:
charliedontsurf said:

I think it has become a home vape for quite a few people though, as well as a portable. Which i think is why Magic Flight is working on the a/c adapter.
I'm sure Magic Flight will surprise us with some kind of accessories eventually, i bet they're busy though.

george,

Qbit

cannabanana
Don't hold your breath for the AC adapter (har har). They've been talking about it since last year.

Qbit,

lwien

I think the AC adapter for the LaunchBox has shacked up with the whip for the Ion. :/

lwien,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Are your hits on the MFLB smooth or more harsh?>

My hits started as smooth when I first got them (warm good airy) , but the heat has gotten more harsh with use... its weird.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Elluzion,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
An ac adapter mimicking a AA battery would be extremely easy to make. Why are you waiting for it to be handed to you and make one for yourself? Perhaps I should make up a batch and start selling them. :brow:

elmomuzz,

stuey

elmomuzz said:
An ac adapter mimicking a AA battery would be extremely easy to make. Why are you waiting for it to be handed to you and make one for yourself? Perhaps I should make up a batch and start selling them. :brow:

Been through this before.. its the current delivered. The MF draws several amps as it causes a near dead short.

A standard AC adapter with a battery head would fit, but not deliver the correct current.

So the ball is in your court, if you build them we will buy them!

stuey,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I am an avid electric r/c airplane builder and flyer. I am familliar with power systems and working with high current. I'll see what I can whip up. I have taken no measurements but I am guessing it consumes around 25 amps from observing it runs a battery down in about 5 minutes.

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom