pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
OC513 said:
without a doubt the wording on the back helped out big time....he read it, thought it was cool and handed it right back to me. In my opinion without the words to read he would have flipped it over......putting me in a very bad spot.

Maybe not. Was it still green? A partly vaped load can look enough like tobacco that it might pass once you had the guy thinking along those lines. It loses the tell-tale smell too. Not something I'd want to put to the test, though.

Elluzion: I agree with george, that looks like kief rather than a grind. (At least it looks an awful lot like my kief.) Bud is greener. Here's a picture of my typical grind:

450px-MFLB_0009.jpg

That's from a four-piece. I'll usually crumble it a bit more with my fingers as I load the Box, and often I dump it and crumble again after a couple of hits.

pakalolo,

hereatlast

Got my unit in the mail today and noticed two differences from my buddy's unit. It came with a cushion in the battery compartment that helps avoid prolonged battery contact, I tried it both ways and I like it better with the cushion.

The box also came equipped with a Black ring around the trench, unfortunately mine arrived loose and I didn't have much choice but to remove it. The screen was tucked in on both sides afterwards but I was able to reposition the screen though it doesn't seem to be a permanent solution. An email from blissville revealed that the new Black ring is new and cannot be installed without proper equipment, I tried reinstalling a couple times but its clearly not happening.

Anyways so far so good, I think the screen will become loose pretty soon up top but in the meantime I'm enjoying this to the fullest. First couple trenches were green and black but by the third or fourth we got it much more uniform, can't wait to take advantage of its portability.

hereatlast,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
For the battery mavens there, Sanyo just announced a 2500mAH version of their Eneloop. That's 25% more than the current Eneloop. They say shipments should start later this year.

Haywood

Haywood,

max

Out to lunch
Haywood said:
For the battery mavens there, Sanyo just announced a 2500mAH version of their Eneloop. That's 25% more than the current Eneloop. They say shipments should start later this year.

Haywood
I guess they had to 'one up' MAHA and their 2400 mAh Imedion. Sanyo isn't the first with a 2500 mAh LD bat though. Ansmann already has one for sale.

"That's 25% more than the current Eneloop." Numbers wise yeah, but it's not necessarily going to get you 25% more vaping time.

max,

lwien

Haywood said:

Haywood

Only available in Europe.

lwien,

cluffy

Vaker
Hi, I just read OC513's court story. Wow. It gave me an idea to make the LB even more stealth in such a situation, though I don't think it's necessary for me, I stay away from those situations...

I was thinking you could Scotchbrite the cover to make it opaque so no one can see what's inside.:ninja: Then you could even drill holes and put a tiny screw in each corner on the mouthpiece end so it couldn't be opened without a screwdriver.

The only problem would be coming up for an explanation of what it is...

Just a vaked thought, I would never mod my MFLB!!!! I love it too much!

cluffy,

george

I was at the headshop today, Amigos & Us, in chicago. Well they had the Launch box on display. The guy there said they just got them last week. Also said he hadnt had any vapes for sale since about a year ago, but the Launch box seemed great to him so he picked some up.

Oh and he said theres been two other people who've come in and given good reviews on the launch box, and i was the third :cool:

george,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
george said:
I was at the headshop today, Amigos & Us, in chicago. Well they had the Launch box on display. The guy there said they just got them last week. Also said he hadnt had any vapes for sale since about a year ago, but the Launch box seemed great to him so he picked some up
No kidding? I will have to stop by and see what else is new there, thanks for the info.

AgentofChaos,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
OC513 said:
without a doubt the wording on the back helped out big time....he read it, thought it was cool and handed it right back to me. In my opinion without the words to read he would have flipped it over......putting me in a very bad spot.

Maybe not. Was it still green? A partly vaped load can look enough like tobacco that it might pass once you had the guy thinking along those lines. It loses the tell-tale smell too. Not something I'd want to put to the test, though.

Elluzion: I agree with george, that looks like kief rather than a grind. (At least it looks an awful lot like my kief.) Bud is greener. Here's a picture of my typical grind:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/w/images/thumb/7/77/MFLB_0009.jpg/450px-MFLB_0009.jpg

That's from a four-piece. I'll usually crumble it a bit more with my fingers as I load the Box, and often I dump it and crumble again after a couple of hits.

Thanks for the picture, but according to what I have heard in the posts here, it should be finer. (like salt)

Elluzion,
So I was reading my paper work that I got with my MF and it says "patent pending". What part of the MF are they trying to patent?

eric86alan,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:
Thanks for the picture, but according to what I have heard in the posts here, it should be finer. (like salt)

Just trying to show you what works for me.

I'm not sure you're getting the idea. There's no one, single, magic formula to using the LB. On the contrary, if you dip into this thread you'll soon see it's quite the opposite. Everyone's experience varies, and it's up to you to find what works best for you.
You showed us what I think is keif and someone said that would vape well in the LB. I showed you a much coarser grind that works well for me. Now you have a range to experiment with. If you expect someone to show you the perfect grind, it won't happen because each LB varies. You have to find your own. Sure, salt-grain size works. My point was that possibly--I think probably--you don't need to grind that fine.

Edited because the 'quick quote' button quoted the wrong screen name. that's the second time that's happened to me.

pakalolo,

CarltonBanks

Owned my LB for a little over a month now. I'd been putting in some regular practice getting the technique down so that it was minimally conspicuous indoors. Today, however, I got my first burnt popcorn cloud. There was a puff of visible vapor-smoke.

What happened was, I dumped out a loaded, thrice-hit trench into my palm, crumbled it into a dust-like consistency with my fingers, and put it back in.

The hits on it were really thick and smokey.

Guess that's what happens when you do that.

Luckily, it seemed to dissipate pretty quickly. I suspect that a full hit from my bubbler would have made an enormous plume of smoke that lingered for over an hour. Today's popcorn hit was definitely noticeable, but still rather less thick than a bubbler hit.

Must remember this for future reference.

CarltonBanks,

torres09

I've managed to combust twice. Both times because I was lazy and left the stems in the grind which ended up catching on fire inside the MFLB.

A little spray with alcohol and some heat and she was good to go.

Today I bought a coffee/herb grinder. I seem to get more vapor faster now :D

torres09,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
AgentofChaos said:
george said:
I was at the headshop today, Amigos & Us, in chicago. Well they had the Launch box on display. The guy there said they just got them last week. Also said he hadnt had any vapes for sale since about a year ago, but the Launch box seemed great to him so he picked some up
No kidding? I will have to stop by and see what else is new there, thanks for the info.

It's awesome a week ago I was checking out all the Smoke shops around Belmont and Clark and most, if not all of them carried the MFLB. :D

aesthyrian,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol, my own metal detector funny story ;)

So, was going to see Godsmack at Orlando Hard Rock on Wed. Already had purse checked twice in line on way in...not worried - I know my LB and stuff is in a good spot in purse. Get closer to door and I realize there are metal detectors we have to walk through. Umm, I have my LB, batteries and a SS space case full of weed...Cops like 10' away.

I lean over to my sister and inform her of the 'situation'. She quickly tells a security guard we forgot something in our room, he signs off on our tickets and tells us we don't have to wait in line again - just come up to front when we return and mention his name.

Duh!! Hotel room is a hike. I said fuck it...find me a planter - I'll hide it. We stroll down citywalk...find a wall with hedges, sit down and casually hide whole cloth bag o' stuff into the hedge. We take note of location and head back into the venue.

We get up to door and realize... They make people walk through metal detectors but have women just set their purses on the table while they walk through - DUH!! Too late to walk back and retrieve my shit...had plenty of candy with us so we went on in.

Show's over, we head back to wall o' hedge and sit...non-chalantly trying to reach into bushes to find my stash. Pull out a plastic cup - ewww! People are walking by and both of us have an arm shoved behind us feeling around in the bushes looking like crazy folk!! Took us a few minutes but found my stash...Luckily sprinklers had not gone off ;)

Lol, I could've brought the damn LB in.... A duh moment for sure!

Show was awesome anyhow.

steven22

got myself a new LB... got the new ones with the push-back battery feature and O-ring screen.

my first LB(5months old) is a 14xxxx and the new one is a 9xxxxx

---

I can tell you that both units perform and act pretty different. Im really starting to like the new one better.
----------

the new one has a few tweaks done that makes it IMO perform little better, it has a different type of intake cut-out in the wood. possibly, different screen too.

performance wise, the new one seems to heat up faster, allow draw rates to be faster. produces bigger clouds. it doesnt get hot at all on my lips compared to the old one. It also IMO isnt as sensitive to draw rate. In the old one, I would constantly try to draw as slow as possible trying to get thick hits. Now I dont have to, regular draws produce clouds.

also, the push-back battery system is pretty great. now almost impossible to burn a trench, unless you are super wasted. but, the size of the battery hole, is a little bigger, and now all my batteries have a little wiggle in them. i will live.

The oring under the screen is a feature that should have been on the original one. it solves the screen separation issue that I think my first box is showing premature warnings signs of. The oring IMO solves that problem. BUT ... the oring makes the trench a little messy.. fine ground herb always gets stuck around the ring..just brush it off a little or give it a few taps and shakes and I should be good.

----

downsides, most of them are visual ones and are my opinions.

the writing and logo on the box is now shown pretty thin. not as bold and dark as my old one. maybe Im just not used to it yet, but I miss the dark writing.

my old box seems PERFECT in construction compared to the new one I received. the wood block isnt a perfect rectangular prism. there is a slight slope on one of the sides, the trench isnt perfectly aligned straight , just slightly crooked. the sides and corners of the acrylic lid arent all uniform and straight.

mind you, none of the above affect the performance of the box , they are just cosmetic issues to an anal person like me.

----

other downsides (if you can even call them that)

the pushback could be a little softer. I feel that the amount of pressure required is a little on heavy side for comfortable prolonged used... but im used to it by now...maybe its because my batteries arent snug because it was the ones for the old box.

because of the above mentioned performance improvements of faster draws, and thicker vapor, I seem to run out of herbs a little faster. I could see why, the clouds are noticeably thicker, most likely wasted vapor.. but I really dont care much the trenches are small, and the difference is still negligible, to me at-least.

also... the new air intake I believe contributes to another difference I have noticed. the hits are more airy like a desktop vape. bigger clouds, but nearly as concentrated as before... it still does the job... and I like it.

also , I think the average temp all the vaporization happens in a normal session for me seems to have lowered. Im getting more of the lower temp compounds from my bud compared to my old box which gave me the higher ones. I prefer the lower ones.

but, I am sure I have to relearn draw techniques and everything so I can get the highs and the lows.

The new intake also has one nuisance. bud gets stuck in there when it falls in that area towards the copper. since the intake is wider, bud get stuck there a lot more often than my old box which had a narrow intake. oh well... i will live. :)

sorry for the long read.. im lit.

steven22,

vapirtoo

Don't be sorry, :lol: being lit is the only way to drive... oops I mean post.
Time for me to join the crew and get lit too. :D

vapirtoo,

hereatlast

Steven, thanks for the review! I've been waiting for someone else with a new model to write up what they thought of it. My unit arrived but the rubber O-ring was loose and had to be taken out...apparently it can't be put back in without specialized equipment of some sort. Anyways the O-ring does seem like an improvement.

The battery 'saver' is great, I agree its a little firm at first but definitely getting used to it. Loving the box so far, interested to see how it 'mellows' out.

hereatlast,

mbhcuzzz

lurked this thread awhile back, finally decided to order up a LB! anyone know the current best place to order? don't really wanna read through 30 new pages :/

mbhcuzzz,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Since I ordered my box a couple of weeks ago, I was blown away by the reaction of my friends that tried it out. They all (to a man) asked me to order one for them on ebay. I have ordered a total of 6 so far. I have to tell you that I was really pissed off today when one of the boxes still hadn't shown up from a seller called "classicgoodsdist". He has a good rating so I felt comfortable buying his unit, but when I didn't receive the shipment over a week after it was ordered (he lives in LA like me), I sent him an email saying "why haven't I received it yet?". He responded saying that he is still waiting on a shipment from the manufacturer. So the bottom line is that he sold me a box that he doesn't even have yet. I'm afraid to leave negative feedback on ebay because they seem to have a way of biting you in the ass with a reciprocal negative rating, so I'll just keep quiet on ebay. But I thought I would warn anyone from using this seller called "classicgoodsdist" on ebay if you're in the market for a mflb.

Cheers!

Stu,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Yeah, thanks. Me, too. Looks like this seller also has a website called "smokeNstyle.net", so I would avoid using that as well. Caveat Emptor.

Stu,

wolf torn

Lo said:
Lol, my own metal detector funny story ;)

So, was going to see Godsmack at Orlando Hard Rock on Wed. Already had purse checked twice in line on way in...not worried - I know my LB and stuff is in a good spot in purse. Get closer to door and I realize there are metal detectors we have to walk through. Umm, I have my LB, batteries and a SS space case full of weed...Cops like 10' away.

I lean over to my sister and inform her of the 'situation'. She quickly tells a security guard we forgot something in our room, he signs off on our tickets and tells us we don't have to wait in line again - just come up to front when we return and mention his name.

Duh!! Hotel room is a hike. I said fuck it...find me a planter - I'll hide it. We stroll down citywalk...find a wall with hedges, sit down and casually hide whole cloth bag o' stuff into the hedge. We take note of location and head back into the venue.

We get up to door and realize... They make people walk through metal detectors but have women just set their purses on the table while they walk through - DUH!! Too late to walk back and retrieve my shit...had plenty of candy with us so we went on in.

Show's over, we head back to wall o' hedge and sit...non-chalantly trying to reach into bushes to find my stash. Pull out a plastic cup - ewww! People are walking by and both of us have an arm shoved behind us feeling around in the bushes looking like crazy folk!! Took us a few minutes but found my stash...Luckily sprinklers had not gone off ;)

Lol, I could've brought the damn LB in.... A duh moment for sure!

Show was awesome anyhow.

OMG LO this is too funny

I have the same story

I went to go see the Roger Waters - The Wall last night. I carry the LB in a pefect tight fit camera case with 2 batteries, a 1gram vial of ground bud, and the LB I crotched it essentially

and take the corner and all I see to get in is 3 guards with metal detectors.

I'm thinking to myself

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I turn around......pretend to talk on my cell phone.......panic....had no time to go back to car as I was already late......ahhh....

watched the crowd, and they were just letting people go by them..., so where they just picking people out of the crowd?

No! Bingo it was just to search purses

So I just walked right in there

bam

but ya guys...metal detectors are a potential hazard to our health here

wolf torn,
Been contemplating buying this for a long time, just wish it was a little bit cheaper.

All the mflb owners should consider buying a high quality smart charger, the type which can charge one battery at a time or 4 batteries of different voltages and give you an individual reading of whether each battery is charging or done. These also tend to charge alot faster than cheapie chargers.

I got mine on shnoop for like 14 bucks and it's awesome. You can even use the charger with 4 Nimh batteries as a mobile phone/appliance charger! With a backpack full of high quality nimh aa's you could be vaping in the jungle chatting on your cell phone for weeks!

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom