Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
toadyfatz said:
I've had mine about 8 months and really haven't cleaned it once....it stays about the same besides a little build-up under the screen, but it isn't near enough for me to go poking in there with something....just asking for trouble imo...

Oh okay nice.

vapirtoo said:
Yo leave the spots alone! Too many of us are killing our boxes
by cleaning them too roughly. The ocd crowd wants their LBs looking brand new
eventhough the manufacturer states that as long as the screen heats up
and the flow is good leave well enough alone!
The screen is super fragile and can only stand a light brushing
or a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol- iso.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. :lol:
I also don't like leaving the battery on with the lid open
to burn off unwanted residue. This may be why some people
have had their light stop working. :uhoh: :2c:

Well i tried cleaning it with the iso and the battery but didn't really work,,, i still have the black marks...

It is weird, i have noticed a "change" in the taste of the vapor since I first got it, after like 2 trenches from first using , it started to taste "different" with the same bud, like more "intense" or stronger, more HARSH too, any ideas? or anyone experienced this???

Elluzion,

STARVAPE2012

vaporist
What's happening Elluzion. I have three MFLB's, i've become totally dependent on them, it keeps my pains away all day, while hanging out, at work, you name it, i really gotten the hang of it. I notice that they are all very different, each one has different air vent grooves, each design is unique, which affects the heating characteristics , I call them THE HOLY TRINITY, funny is that the lightest color one has the smallest vent groove of the three, heat the smoothest and i can leave the battery on during a draw with no worries of ever combusting. The medium color one has a medium size air vent groove, and this one runs i bit hotter, and i have to use the on and off batt and draw technique, then the last one, which i name the Toaster, cause if the materials are really dry it will set it on fire. This dark box i like for wet stuff, it has a big air vent groove, almost looks like two cuts As far as regular cleaning, i tend to shake them up, and brush lightly and that's it I have also notice the taste has improve over time, i would imagine how a bit of the resin build up would cause a deeper, stronger taste, and also may be do a better knowledge of the unit itself. I know for me, at the beginning i would only be able the draw fewer vapor, but after a little use I am able to constantly produce tasty vapor. that's my :2c::peace:

STARVAPE2012,

Raf007

Retailer
talkng about cops seeing the LB.

A friend of mind got searched last week. The cop found the LB, opened the lid, discarded the biomass and gave it back to him without a word on what was this little box. :cool:

Raf007,

OC513

Dabaholic
Raf007 said:

A friend of mind got searched last week. The cop found the LB, opened the lid, discarded the biomass and gave it back to him without a word on what was this little box. :cool:
So last week I had to go to traffic court here in NY......well bone headed, or more like baked, me forgot my LB was in my pocket, where it always is! So I walk into court and there is a metal detector, which I really didnt expect to see in traffic court. So the court officer tells me to empty my pockets and I do, leaving the launchbox in place figuring there is not enough metal in it to set off the detector. I make it thru the stand up detector with no issues.......then the officer uses a wand over my body and sure enough it goes off over my pocket. FULLY loaded LB in there. I stay calm and he asks me whats in my pocket......so I tell him its a vaporizer to help me quit smoking cigs, he asks me to take it out, I remain calm and pull it out bottom side with the saying facing up.....officer takes it, reads the saying on the back and says "Thats pretty cool, good luck quitting" and hands it back to me and waves me into court. My wife could not believe it. I was VERY lucky that day, but it really blew my mind that I could show it to an officer and he had zero idea what it really was.

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OC513 said:
Raf007 said:

So last week I had to go to traffic court here in NY......well bone headed, or more like baked, me forgot my LB was in my pocket, where it always is! So I walk into court and there is a metal detector, which I really didnt expect to see in traffic court. So the court officer tells me to empty my pockets and I do, leaving the launchbox in place figuring there is not enough metal in it to set off the detector. I make it thru the stand up detector with no issues.......then the officer uses a wand over my body and sure enough it goes off over my pocket. FULLY loaded LB in there. I stay calm and he asks me whats in my pocket......so I tell him its a vaporizer to help me quit smoking cigs, he asks me to take it out, I remain calm and pull it out bottom side with the saying facing up.....officer takes it, reads the saying on the back and says "Thats pretty cool, good luck quitting" and hands it back to me and waves me into court. My wife could not believe it. I was VERY lucky that day, but it really blew my mind that I could show it to an officer and he had zero idea what it really was.

Damn, you sure are fortunate you got through that! I was reading your story, and I thought for sure you were busted. Especially since it was fully loaded. Wow, that had to be stressful. Glad you made it through. :)

Vicki,

OC513

Dabaholic
Vicki said:
OC513 said:
Raf007 said:

Damn, you sure are fortunate you got through that! I was reading your story, and I thought for sure you were busted. Especially since it was fully loaded. Wow, that had to be stressful. Glad you made it through. :)
Vicki, no doubt I was sweating. I remained very calm and the stealthiness of the LB did the rest. Pretty amazing. My wife was just flabbergasted.

OC513,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
OC513 said:
Vicki said:
OC513 said:

Vicki, no doubt I was sweating. I remained very calm and the stealthiness of the LB did the rest. Pretty amazing. My wife was just flabbergasted.

My husband would have been completely stressed. :lol:

Vicki,

Raf007

Retailer
Stress is a major sign those nice people have been taught to detect. Knowing how to keep cool is what saves you in this kind of situation.

well done OC513 !!

Raf007,

OC513

Dabaholic
Raf007 said:
Stress is a major sign those nice people have been taught to detect. Knowing how to keep cool is what saves you in this kind of situation.

well done OC513 !!
Agreed.....my wife said the same thing....she couldn't believe how calm I remained.....but I had a good feeling the LB could fool the guy.....its just so stealthy and away from the norm that cops see as paraphernalia.....the box simply rocks. Thankfully I was correct.

OC513,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
OC513 said:
I remain calm and pull it out bottom side with the saying facing up.....officer takes it, reads the saying on the back and says "That's pretty cool, good luck..."

Now you know *one* of the reasons why it is printed on every unit shipped. A statement of truth that deep is very strong. Used appropriately, it can transform the impossible into perfection. It is the last, deepest, and in some sense the final protection that can be offered. As you have just now observed, its printing on the bottom is far from arbitrary. Kudos for your recognition of that magic in a moment when it is most needed.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

OC513

Dabaholic
magicflight said:
OC513 said:
I remain calm and pull it out bottom side with the saying facing up.....officer takes it, reads the saying on the back and says "That's pretty cool, good luck..."

Now you know *one* of the reasons why it is printed on every unit shipped. A statement of truth that deep is very strong. Used appropriately, it can transform the impossible into perfection. It is the last, deepest, and in some sense the final protection that can be offered. As you have just now observed, its printing on the bottom is far from arbitrary. Kudos for your recognition of that magic in a moment when it is most needed.

-- Magic-Flight
without a doubt the wording on the back helped out big time....he read it, thought it was cool and handed it right back to me. In my opinion without the words to read he would have flipped it over......putting me in a very bad spot.
I can not thank you enough for such a cool device, a wonderful company and your always keeping up with this thread. Companies like yours are too few and far between.

OC513,

OC513

Dabaholic
sundaddy said:
Looks like you pulled the old Jedi on them. Never underestimate the power of denial.
funny you say this.....many of my friends jokingly call me Yoda. Tough fit as I am 6'4'' but they swear I used to play Jedi mind tricks on the ladies. They even had a birthday party a few years ago and had a little person dressed up as Yoda in my honor. Those days are over tho because I used those Jedi mind tricks to marry a supermodel :brow:

OC513,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
STARVAPE2012 said:
What's happening Elluzion. I have three MFLB's, i've become totally dependent on them, it keeps my pains away all day, while hanging out, at work, you name it, i really gotten the hang of it. I notice that they are all very different, each one has different air vent grooves, each design is unique, which affects the heating characteristics , I call them THE HOLY TRINITY, funny is that the lightest color one has the smallest vent groove of the three, heat the smoothest and i can leave the battery on during a draw with no worries of ever combusting. The medium color one has a medium size air vent groove, and this one runs i bit hotter, and i have to use the on and off batt and draw technique, then the last one, which i name the Toaster, cause if the materials are really dry it will set it on fire. This dark box i like for wet stuff, it has a big air vent groove, almost looks like two cuts As far as regular cleaning, i tend to shake them up, and brush lightly and that's it I have also notice the taste has improve over time, i would imagine how a bit of the resin build up would cause a deeper, stronger taste, and also may be do a better knowledge of the unit itself. I know for me, at the beginning i would only be able the draw fewer vapor, but after a little use I am able to constantly produce tasty vapor. that's my :2c::peace:

Hey man.

Yeah I have noticed. I don't think mine has "settled" completely yet. It is weird, when I burn my box with the lid open and the battery (no herb), Smoke like comes up, each and every time. The screen is clean with 2 or 3 black marks (wont come out) but that is it. Kind of weird if you ask me. I have tried burning "whatever" off over and over but no progress.

I have been putting the battery in and hitting my box and I get warm vapor almost instantly, sounds a little hot if you ask me... But if I let the temp build up too much the vapor is too thick and stuff for me and I end up heaving and coughing.. so idk.

I've cleaned the screen with ISO and did the burning, no change in taste or visible black "spots"

Thanks for your :2c:

Elluzion,

STARVAPE2012

vaporist
Hey Elluzion, hope everything is well. I agree with your methods, I also do the light ISO swap to clean to screen, then i use DUST OFF, blow everything out, and finally i do on and off with batt to burn it all up, let it cool, and it's ready to go. It does show the black spots, from resin, but it works perfectpeace

Hey OC513, glad to hear that story, that's MAGICsweetfunny stuff...:peace:

STARVAPE2012,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
magicflight said:
OC513 said:

-- Magic-Flight

This is awesome. When all else fails, just read the back officer. How could something with that type of message be a negative thing? Love it.

JDSupreme,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Should the bud be THIS fine... (not my pic) found it on grasscity

dscn0168j.jpg

does that grind look right for best performance? (probably was coffee ground)

Elluzion,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Chronic said:
Um...

anyone use their magic flight box for DMT?
Haha... weren't you the one that asked about smoking crack in the MFLB? LOL. Good luck with that man.

EDIT: My bad. I think I'm confusing you with someone else. But still, just use the box for what it's intended to yield the best results.

CombustionJunction,
Top Bottom