sundaddy

Glad you could see it. I tell you, sometimes when the herb is powder, it kinda clings together and you can actually flip the whole load as one clump. Like flipping a damn omelette.

sundaddy,

steven22

I bet MagicFlight (the actual guy behind the username, not the company) would the "Mr. Right" that so many females wish and wait for.

im lit.

we should have an LB MEET!.... everyone just chill out and show each other their boxes.

steven22,

THUORN

Hi guys, this is my first post and I have to say that a major reason I now vape and specifically that I am now a proud owner of a LB is because of this board and particularly this thread. TY GUYS!!!

edit: you think I could use good grammer and spelling in my first post... but o-well

THUORN,

THUORN

I just ordered a space case small titanium coated aluminum 2 piece grinder and the la crosse alpha power bc-9009 charger. Any good advice on batteries that actually come at 2600mah or better?

(granted that there may be plenty of posts on the subject matter, its just too many pages to read now, ive read over 50 pages and I dont think i will read the rest.) :uhoh:

THUORN,

toadyfatz

THUORN said:
I just ordered a space case small titanium coated aluminum 2 piece grinder and the la crosse alpha power bc-9009 charger. Any good advice on batteries that actually come at 2600mah or better?

(granted that there may be plenty of posts on the subject matter, its just too many pages to read now, ive read over 50 pages and I dont think i will read the rest.) :uhoh:
I have lately seen quite a few folks post about the Powerex AA 2700mAh NiMH batteries and getting great results etc....also if your grinder doesn't end up getting your herb fine enough you should look into a coffee grinder. I tried a few 2 piece grinders and I just got fed up trying to get it fine enough. The coffee grinder has been great and saves a bunch of time. Glad you are digging the LB! I've had mine for about 8 months now and could not imagine life without it!!

toadyfatz,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just got my mflb today in the mail and have been testing it out for the last 3 hours or so. I have to say that I really like it so far. I'm still on my first battery. My question is: when your battery is deemed dead, do you just put it back in the charger, or do you have to drain it down further before recharging it? Mine came with the magic-flight charger made in china that allows for single battery charges.

Thanks in advance! This thing makes a great companion to my EQ and I can't wait to exploit it's portability and stealth.

Cheers

Stu,

Peter

Hey guys, I think I need help with my LB :(. I'm having a problem with it.

I have no problem with the Box itself, I love it and I think it's truly ingenious. However I don't seem to be getting as high as I should be, I just had a t-break and I have massive low tolerance but I've been smoking for three or so years. I see you guys writing about being fucked off one trench but I can kill three or more and be high, but not fucked up. I can smoke a small amount and get pretty blazed so it's not my tolerance - I know the vape high is supposed to be more of a head high and I take this into account.

I grind it pretty fine, both with a coffee grinder or running it through my 4pc grinder a few times, but I wouldn't exactly call it 'powder'. I use the stock batteries and some Sanyo/Eneloop 2700mha (or whatever) batteries so it can't be that either. No problem with technique either as far as I can tell.

Am I just expecting too much? Am I just too used to the high from smoking? Is this just what the vape high is like?

Need advice because I love the box and I want to be over the moon with it but I've just got this nagging feeling about this.

Peter,
hi peter, did u try the different draw that magic flite suggests like micro hittin, r u usin it native, do u get nice clouds, try gettin big cloud & hold 4 a min, if u not hi enuf after few big clouds try get better stuf like cali medical dunno vape hi sumtimes take few minutes tu feel after vapin

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

VivaSativa

Peter said:
Hey guys, I think I need help with my LB :(. I'm having a problem with it.

I have no problem with the Box itself, I love it and I think it's truly ingenious. However I don't seem to be getting as high as I should be, I just had a t-break and I have massive low tolerance but I've been smoking for three or so years. I see you guys writing about being fucked off one trench but I can kill three or more and be high, but not fucked up. I can smoke a small amount and get pretty blazed so it's not my tolerance - I know the vape high is supposed to be more of a head high and I take this into account.

I grind it pretty fine, both with a coffee grinder or running it through my 4pc grinder a few times, but I wouldn't exactly call it 'powder'. I use the stock batteries and some Sanyo/Eneloop 2700mha (or whatever) batteries so it can't be that either. No problem with technique either as far as I can tell.

Am I just expecting too much? Am I just too used to the high from smoking? Is this just what the vape high is like?

Need advice because I love the box and I want to be over the moon with it but I've just got this nagging feeling about this.
Some questions for you, to help diagnose your situation:
How many hits on average do you take before you consider a trench spent?
What shade of color is your weed after you're done vaporizing it?
Are you inhaling slow enough?
Answer these questions and it'll be easier to diagnose the situation.. It's possible your box is defective, my first one was and I felt the same about only getting partially high..
Another test you can do is smoke your ABV in a bong and see if you get an almost full high from it.. From well spent ABV you should get a slight short high, nothing major.. But if you have good weed and it's not fully vaporized (like I got from my defective box), it would still pack a punch.

VivaSativa,

Qbit

cannabanana
@Peter

Yeah make sure you're taking your herb to a chocolate brown, to make sure you're cooking it properly, as the higher temps are where most of the sedatives are at. Just don't take it to black if you can help it (it'll start to taste nasty).

Qbit,

Peter

Yeah I dunno what it is hey - def vaping the herb and it's going light to dark brown so no problem there. I use it native most of the time (I think I've lost the tube :cool:) so the draw rates are down pat. I get at least 5 or 6 big pulls on it (probably more) before it's spent if I remember rightly, it's hard to keep track. That's varying between taking it slow and taking full lungfulls. I'll try to push that threshold a little further and see what I get - but surely the best stuff is when it's still green not taking it from light to dark brown?

I was thinking that maybe it's just the differences in highs between smoking and vaping. I was expecting it to be more of a head high but maybe I just miss the feel it in your toes high that smoking gives you. I mean I've had it for about a week now and I've used it everyday, and boy the first time I used it I was gigglin' away like I just couldn't help myself. Like today for example it kept me high all day I guess, but nothing like smoking would've - it's just like a level lower. And the way you guys talk about one or two trenches makes it seem like I'm missing out because no way I'm a heavier toker than you guys.

Perhaps I just need to really concentrate on the basics - powdered grind, long cloudy tokes and vape it till it's well cooked.

I'm not giving up on it though! Just gotta get on again tomorrow and the experimentation will continue unabated.

Peter,

caseball2051

welcome to the forum peter, theres alot of good info here. and congrats on purchasing the LB. its a great device.

Since Ive started vaping (8 months or so) Ive learned alot about my intake and how I like to use my MJ. I dont necessarily enjoy getting stoned anymore all the time unless I am at home or at a party and have nothing to do. Being high and being able to carry on with your everyday tasks and responsibilities is what its all about for me.

I like the small measured amounts of MJ I am allowed to consume to get to a happy high place with both of my vaporizers. I dont know if this goes for everyone, but when I say "gets me where I need to be", thats what I mean.

That could be what some people are saying Peter. But I cannot speak for them, they can chime in. for themselves.

But the high is different. For me, its more of a giggly, happy, heady high (which you described). If you still miss the smoking high, you should investigate an at home unit. There are units that will allow you to get the chemicals that are released while smoking. Any digital unit will aid you in those effects. others without the display like the SSV and DBV ( i dont thkn they have displays) will also help you.

Hope I have helped you some.

caseball2051,

VivaSativa

Peter said:
I get at least 5 or 6 big pulls on it (probably more) before it's spent if I remember rightly, it's hard to keep track. That's varying between taking it slow and taking full lungfulls. I'll try to push that threshold a little further and see what I get - but surely the best stuff is when it's still green not taking it from light to dark brown?
It takes me lots more than 5-6 big pulls to finish a trench, maybe you consider it spent before it is?
Everyone has their own definition of when it's spent, for me it's when the taste isn't worth the high I'm getting for it. I get there after around 12 big lungfuls on an almost full trench.
Peter said:
Perhaps I just need to really concentrate on the basics - powdered grind, long cloudy tokes and vape it till it's well cooked.
Even after a year of using the LB, it keeps surprising me the HUGE difference it makes when the material is in powder consistency. What I do is grind the herb in a plain 2pc acrylic grinder as fine as I can get it (which is not enough for the LB really), then I load the trench and take 3-5 hits, until I think the load has dried enough. Those hits are tastey but not too potent. Then I slide the LB lid open and crumble the warm herb with my fingers until it turns into a powder. Now you're getting the real hits.. Flavor is a bit lost maybe, but the potent clouds are now available.
Good luck :cool:

VivaSativa,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Peter said:

First, I second everything VivaSativa said. Third, my theory is that you're missing two things: the toxins from combustion and the sedatives that don't get released until you hit high temperatures.

You should be grateful not to get the toxins. They do have an effect on your stone but they're bad for you. Besides, the only way to get them is to go back to combusting.

You can get the high-temperature components that deliver couch-lock from your LB but you need careful breath control. Try the technique below. One caution: it's harder to judge when you've taken in too much. By the time you start to feel it in your throat, it's probably too much. I started with a 10 count and nearly coughed a lung up.

pyronym said:
I have now perfected my LaunchBox technique. I am now getting crazy thick hits like I get with my zap and my surfer.
1. Grind up herb as fine as possible with grinder.
2. Load trench so it is filled slightly higher than the top of the trench
3. Insert Battery and exhale fully
4. Place your mouth on the box without the stem being careful not to have your tongue or teeth in the vapor path.
5. Breathe in through your NOSE slowly like you are taking a normal breath.
6. Breathe in until your lungs feel full or you start choking on the vapor.
7. Hold breath.
8. Breathe vapor out through your nose
9. After my first 2 hits are cleared I remove the herb from the trench and grind it between my finger tips almost to a powder consistency.

Using this method and my super batteries(two of my batteries seem to last forever and a day I wish I knew which ones they were) I can go all day at work with one trench. I start a half an hour after I get into work I take 3 or 4 hits to start my baseline and I take about 2-3 hits every hour or so after that to maintain.

pakalolo,

Qbit

cannabanana
Peter said:
Yeah I dunno what it is hey - def vaping the herb and it's going light to dark brown so no problem there. I use it native most of the time (I think I've lost the tube :cool:) so the draw rates are down pat. I get at least 5 or 6 big pulls on it (probably more) before it's spent if I remember rightly, it's hard to keep track. That's varying between taking it slow and taking full lungfulls. I'll try to push that threshold a little further and see what I get - but surely the best stuff is when it's still green not taking it from light to dark brown?

I was thinking that maybe it's just the differences in highs between smoking and vaping. I was expecting it to be more of a head high but maybe I just miss the feel it in your toes high that smoking gives you. I mean I've had it for about a week now and I've used it everyday, and boy the first time I used it I was gigglin' away like I just couldn't help myself. Like today for example it kept me high all day I guess, but nothing like smoking would've - it's just like a level lower. And the way you guys talk about one or two trenches makes it seem like I'm missing out because no way I'm a heavier toker than you guys.

I'm not giving up on it though! Just gotta get on again tomorrow and the experimentation will continue unabated.

Have a look at this thread: 'Vaporization temperature dependent selection of effects' - http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2197

Obviously you can't dial in a specific temperature on the MFLB, but weed starts to brown at about 180C/360F (somebody correct me please if I got the wrong figure but I'm pretty sure I'm close). So taking it to a darker brown is what you'll need to get the really high boilers. The experience of many a vapourist here confirms the different highs of different temps - there is no one 'vape high'.

Qbit,

ltmilo

Ok I think some people are different types of weed smokers and that can be confusing (maybe I'm wrong).
Anyhow what some people here consider "really high" is different for some of us. It takes me more weed to get really high than it takes most of the guys here, but I think it's because I like getting very very stoned. My weed is very good and I swear I've got a very efficient method because I've used it so much. I have powerex 2700 batteries and I grind the weed to a powder. But still, I use a lot more weed than a lot of the people here.
So yeah take it for what its worth, I think you might be like me and consider "really high" as more high than most people here do.

ltmilo,

hereatlast

Another great resource, thanks to both Tom and you for that.

My MFLB is on its way from vapeworld. The final straw for my ordering was a nice couple hours by the river with a buddy's box this weekend.

hereatlast,

Raf007

Retailer
Itmilo and Pakalolo (missing the bi-productcs of combustion) might have it right here.

Whats is "being fucked up" ? It s a really subjedctive statement.

Personnaly I never consider myself fucked up when I'm high.

Alcool fucks me up though.

Raf007,

steven22

so .. my lid broke on my beloved box after 4months of daily use... it cracked right at the hole where the pin goes through. :( :( :( ... she was sentimental too.

sent blissville an email regarding it... im sure it will turn out resolved :)

steven22,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Is this normal--->

I can only get about 5-6 hits off the MFLB, these are about 5 - 7 second hits.
This is with a half trench to 3/4 of a trench.

Also, got some black spots on my screen, like burnt in, are these okay to leave? will they change performance?

Thanks

Elluzion,

vapirtoo

Yo leave the spots alone! Too many of us are killing our boxes
by cleaning them too roughly. The ocd crowd wants their LBs looking brand new
eventhough the manufacturer states that as long as the screen heats up
and the flow is good leave well enough alone!
The screen is super fragile and can only stand a light brushing
or a q-tip soaked in rubbing alcohol- iso.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. :lol:
I also don't like leaving the battery on with the lid open
to burn off unwanted residue. This may be why some people
have had their light stop working. :uhoh: :2c:

vapirtoo,

toadyfatz

I've had mine about 8 months and really haven't cleaned it once....it stays about the same besides a little build-up under the screen, but it isn't near enough for me to go poking in there with something....just asking for trouble imo...

toadyfatz,

kinkster

I got my girlfriend a MFLB about a month ago and last night she got it confiscated by a cop :/
He was apparently really intrigued, here's what a friends' f-book comment said

"Lu i still think its so precious that they were all obsessed with your paraphernalia
"Its used for tobacco"
"yeah bullshit its for tobacco..... this is cool!"

kinkster,
Top Bottom