unterdude

Does certain herbs not vape well in the LB? Picked up some new meds from the clin that were kinda fresh.. and def not vaping too well. While I was able to get 5-10 hits out of a 1/2, with this new batch I got like 3 hits per half trench. Is it the herbs, or is my LB fucked somehow?

unterdude,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
The 4 batt charger is nice Mom... 4hr charger too :D

Levels of goodies can and will vary between herbs. Grind and how dry it is will also vary the mileage.

If it isn't super ground you can grind further to get some more hits.

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I think it's the herb. Try letting it dry a bit before vaping. Or, after a few hits it should be drier, so dump it out and crumble it up finer, then put it back in and try again.

momofthegoons,

xenith

Does anyone know of a way to do a MFLB water pipe hit? I have the whip, is there any slide or attachment that will fit it?

xenith,

B.

War Criminal
go back a few pages and check out the vid I posted. If you have a log vape stem they work perfect. Otherwise use tubing attached to the LB stem.

B.,

fylgja

One problem with the 15 minute chargers is that people don't use them correctly. You have to leave it plugged in five minutes after the green light comes on and the fan goes off. This gives the batteries time to keep the batteries cool while they are still heating up from the power up. Then, once the green light is on and the fan has shut off, you can take them out of the charger immediatly (because leaving them in will drain the batteries). Unplugging the 15 minute charger prematurally will kind of store a memory point on the battery and it will only charge up to that point forever after. Also, the 15 minute charger should be standing in a vertical position. A lot of people make the mistake of laying it in a horizontal position, which doesn't allow the fan to cool off the batteries, which in turn will burn them out faster.
I'm a photographer, so I work with all kinds of battery chargers. I wish MFLB would make one that could run on rechargable lithium batteries. That is my idea for an improvement.

fylgja,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you very much for that information fylgja. It's good to know that I'm not frying my batteries when I use it. :)

momofthegoons,

GreenLeaf

fylgja said:
One problem with the 15 minute chargers is that people don't use them correctly. You have to leave it plugged in five minutes after the green light comes on and the fan goes off. This gives the batteries time to keep the batteries cool while they are still heating up from the power up. Then, once the green light is on and the fan has shut off, you can take them out of the charger immediatly (because leaving them in will drain the batteries). Unplugging the 15 minute charger prematurally will kind of store a memory point on the battery and it will only charge up to that point forever after. Also, the 15 minute charger should be standing in a vertical position. A lot of people make the mistake of laying it in a horizontal position, which doesn't allow the fan to cool off the batteries, which in turn will burn them out faster.
I'm a photographer, so I work with all kinds of battery chargers. I wish MFLB would make one that could run on rechargable lithium batteries. That is my idea for an improvement.
So is the Sanyo brand Ni-MH quick charger that comes with the MFLB a 15 min charger?

Thanks for the advice about charging up the batteries I have not had to do this yet but I do not vape daily.

GreenLeaf,

max

Out to lunch
GreenLeaf said:
So is the Sanyo brand Ni-MH quick charger that comes with the MFLB a 15 min charger?
No. And Blissville is currently shipping a Tenergy charger w/bonus USB adapter, due to availability issues.

max,

Budz Bunny

GreenLeaf said:
No, the Sanyo is a 4 hour charger (actually 230 minutes for the eneloops, longer with a higher mAh battery)

ALSO, I bought a 4 pack of the Duracell pre-charged white top batteries at Target and they work great! It has been sugested that they are rebranded eneloops, and I could believe that.

Budz Bunny,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
Budz Bunny said:
ALSO, I bought a 4 pack of the Duracell pre-charged white top batteries at Target and they work great! It has been sugested that they are rebranded eneloops, and I could believe that.
I bought the same pack, they work exactly the same as the eneloops that came with mine. I can't tell the difference between any of them. Pretty cheap too, I got a 4pk. for $9 on sale :)

mattybass,

collegerower

magicflight said:
collegerower said:
I would love to hear from MFLB and hear why they changed the charger. Also if anything else changed.
Hi,

We were forced to change the charger and batteries. Sanyo corp was purchased by Panasonic. As a result, their warehouse was unable to ship for something like 4 weeks. We had to find other suppliers. This is a temporary measure -- we plan to eventually have our own special purpose chargers made. These will be ideal. Will be at least months though before these become real.

We did upgrade the batteries to the Imedion labeled cells from MAHA Energy. If anything, these have a slightly higher energy density than even the Sanyo batteries. Quality wise, its a close contest.

-- Magic-Flight
Thanks Guys! I just purchased a box, and wanted to hear why the change happened.

Cant wait to post my thoughts.

collegerower,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
So I combusted for the first time the other day :mad:. I felt like such a dumbass; I had taken about 5 vapor hits, and at the point I was already high, and I put the battery in to take the next hit, but then I got distracted, put the vape down, and forgot to take the battery out! I didnt realize that I forgot to take the battery out until a FEW MINUTES later when I went to take another hit! :o the weed inside was completely charred and black, and the battery was so hot I thought it might melt, I couldnt even hold in my hand without burning myself. I'm disappointed in myself cuz I've always been really good at using the LB, I've had it for several weeks now and haven't combusted once until the other day. I'm kinda pissed, cuz now my vape smells and tastes like absolute shit :(. Fortunately there arent any black resin spots on the screen, all it did really was turn a bit darker brown. But I was wondering, if I dipped my little cleaning brush in rubbing alcohol, I know it would work beautifully to clean the screen, but I'd be really concerned about any alcohol residue left on the screen; I really dont wanna vaporize rubbing alcohol. Do you think if I put a charged battery in afterwards and let it sit for a minute that it was burn off any residue and be safe to use?

HighVibes,

Lo

You're not the first... It can be cleaned and the nasty taste should go away.

MF has given instructions to clean here. Let alcohol evaporate fully before use :)

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=59847#p59847
Hi,

With the box open and empty (brushed out), put a fresh battery in and let the screen bake itself clean (a minute or so of battery heating time). Let cool, brush out again, and then use ISO and a Q-tip to remove anything that remains. This is the usual approach and should work for most things. Note -- this is to open
the screen -- not to change its color. It is normal for the screen to be a brown or darker color -- this has no effect on the operation of the Box.

-- Magic-flight

Lo,

xenith

B., I'll bet I skipped right over it, but I couldn't find that vid. Can you describe the setup?

xenith,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
Lo said:
You're not the first... It can be cleaned and the nasty taste should go away.

MF has given instructions to clean here. Let alcohol evaporate fully before use :)

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=59847#p59847
Hi,

With the box open and empty (brushed out), put a fresh battery in and let the screen bake itself clean (a minute or so of battery heating time). Let cool, brush out again, and then use ISO and a Q-tip to remove anything that remains. This is the usual approach and should work for most things. Note -- this is to open
the screen -- not to change its color. It is normal for the screen to be a brown or darker color -- this has no effect on the operation of the Box.

-- Magic-flight
Thanks a bunch :). But do i just let the alcohol evaporate with the lid open for a day? or should I do another dry cycle with the battery to try and burn it off? Also, is there any possibility of the alcohol dripping through the screen and into the wood? Thanks

EDIT: Ok on another subject, I'm putting my question in this post to avoid double posting. Last night, I noticed some white crusty stuff on the nipple end of the battery. I already scraped it off with my fingernail today, but before I cleaned it off I really couldnt notice any odor coming off it. I'm concerned that the battery might be defective, and that its leaking chemicals. I still carries a charge tho. The battery was already fully charged when I noticed the white stuff last night, and so I used my other battery for my session last night. Today, after I cleaned it, I stuck the battery in my launch box for a quick second just to see if it still had a charge, and the light in the LB was as bright as ever. So idk, should I get new batteries? or is this nothing to be concerned about? Any input would be appreciated.

HighVibes,

Mckdenton

i had a batt leak while it was charging in my 15 min charger a month or 2 ago, i tossed it out right away i wouldn't and didnt trust it one bit :2c: :peace:

Mckdenton,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
But I mean, how do we know for a fact that it was a battery leak? altho I cant really think of any white crusty substance in my house that could've somehow ended up on the end of my battery, lol. was the shit that came out of yours white and crusty?

HighVibes,

Lo

Are the batteries stock? Are they newish? You could email MF if so.

Honestly, I've seen bad batteries leave white crusty shit behind before tho never my LB batts. If I even slightly suspected the battery was possibly venting or damaged I would NOT use it no way, no how.

If you think it's something crusty from your house clean the battery (and the house lol). Leave battery sit in a safe location and see if it vents more. I think I would err on the side of caution IMHO.

Good luck!

Lo,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
Lo said:

Honestly, I've seen bad batteries leave white crusty shit behind before tho never my LB batts. If I even slightly suspected the battery was possibly venting or damaged I would NOT use it no way, no how.

If you think it's something crusty from your house clean the battery (and the house lol). Leave battery sit in a safe location and see if it vents more. I think I would err on the side of caution IMHO.

Good luck!
They're new stock eneloops i got with my launch box a few weeks ago. And even tho I wish it was from my house, I honestly cant think of ANY white crusty substance that could've gotten on the nipple end of the battery, let alone in my house. But when I closely examined it, it didnt seem to be flowing out of a seam on the end of the battery. It really looked like it was from outside the battery, but I have no way to kno for sure. I think I'm just gonna set it aside and see if it leaks any more in the next few days, and in the meantime I'll just have to rely on one battery. Do you think magic flight would send me a new pair of batteries if I emailed em tho?

HighVibes,

chucku

Charles Urbane
HighVibes said:
Lo said:

Good luck!
They're new stock eneloops i got with my launch box a few weeks ago. And even tho I wish it was from my house, I honestly cant think of ANY white crusty substance that could've gotten on the nipple end of the battery, let alone in my house. But when I closely examined it, it didnt seem to be flowing out of a seam on the end of the battery. It really looked like it was from outside the battery, but I have no way to kno for sure. I think I'm just gonna set it aside and see if it leaks any more in the next few days, and in the meantime I'll just have to rely on one battery. Do you think magic flight would send me a new pair of batteries if I emailed em tho?
That white crusty substance is probably acid and is a sure sign the battery is defective. Have it replaced if possible and never use it again for anything.

chucku,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
Ok so I searched up "leaking battery" on google images, and they look exactly like my battery.

Only difference is mine had like half the amount of stuff, and it was all on the nipple end of the battery, there was none on the sides like the battery in the pic.

I'm assuming that even though I scraped it all off (there wasnt a whole lot of it) and it looks like nothing happened, its still not safe to use :rolleyes:

HighVibes,
Top Bottom