stuey

BTW am I the only person here who couldn't face work stoned?

I dont know how you guys do it.

stuey,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Stuey hehe,
I'm in a "Help Desk" call center... shouldn't have to say much else...

Let's just say the meds help me not to tear people a new arsehole when they ask all those stupid questions. :lol::lol:

daddygreenjeans,

HeySlick

daddygreenjeans said:
Stuey hehe,
I'm in a "Help Desk" call center... shouldn't have to say much else...

Let's just say the meds help me not to tear people a new arsehole when they ask all those stupid questions. :lol::lol::o:cool:
You should just stay at home and have them route the calls to your home :D
So you just answer ?'s all day for how long sounds pretty cool

HeySlick,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Sometimes in the winter I do get to work from home :brow:

Pretty cool job, just frustrating/hair pulling sometimes.

daddygreenjeans,

stuey

daddygreenjeans said:

I have done IT support in the past.

Some of the questions you get are mind blowing stupid. Some aren't even IT related.. if switchboard don't know what to do with a caller they often connect them to the IT guys.

I had a guy complaining about the mail he kept getting from us.. its the IT department when we talk about mail we mean email.. after 5 mins of trying to figure out who this guy was, where he worked and why I couldn't connect to his computer, the penny dropped.. he was getting letters in the post.. he didnt even work for out company.. but never the less he rebooted his computer twice for me and never really sounded like that was an odd thing for me to need him to do when sorting out a problem with the postal service.

stuey,

HeySlick

stuey said:
daddygreenjeans said:

I have done IT support in the past.

Some of the questions you get are mind blowing stupid. Some aren't even IT related.. if switchboard don't know what to do with a caller they often connect them to the IT guys.

I had a guy complaining about the mail he kept getting from us.. its the IT department when we talk about mail we mean email.. after 5 mins of trying to figure out who this guy was, where he worked and why I couldn't connect to his computer, the penny dropped.. he was getting letters in the post.. he didnt even work for out company.. but never the less he rebooted his computer twice for me and never really sounded like that was an odd thing for me to need him to do when sorting out a problem with the postal service.
Weird he didnt even ask. You should've asked him to unplug the phone cord and ask what does he hear. :uhoh:

HeySlick,

420xtoomanyx420

I use a Skoal tobacco/snuff container. It will hold over a 1/4 and it keeps it airtight. I can leave in my truck or carry it in plain sight and know one thinks anything of it.

420xtoomanyx420,

HeySlick

420xtoomanyx420 said:
I use a Skoal tobacco/snuff container. It will hold over a 1/4 and it keeps it airtight. I can leave in my truck or carry it in plain sight and know one thinks anything of it.
Does it ever tast like skoal

HeySlick,

realcoolguy

How would you know if you have an airflow problem?
What is the expected draw rate in a closed launchbox compared to an open launchbox?

In other words,
when I draw with the launchbox open I can of course get tons of air, but when I close it it's a bit of effort to pull in air. What should I expect the draw rate to be when closed, compared to an open launchbox?

Thanks.

realcoolguy,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
stuey said:
BTW am I the only person here who couldn't face work stoned?

I dont know how you guys do it.
Couldn't. Wouldn't. Ever. I work in a lab, routinely operate expensive equipment and work daily with nitric, sulfuric, hydrochloric, perchloric, acetic and trichloroacetic acid. I also analyse external samples, work with animals and sometimes teach students.

But when work day ends, my time is my own time. I wouldn't vape closer than about 8 hours before working.

Tom

tdavie,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
sfld said:
I have had this thing for about a month or more now.... And here is some basic info.

This thing is the best... I used to be the type to smoke a blunt / spliff before i goto work, to get my mind right. I would have to worry about cologne, hand sanatizer, making sure i dont reek of dank lol

Now? I wake up in the morning, get dressed, goto work 5 minutes early, sit in the parking lot and take a few rips. Go inside my office, dont have to worry about nothing lol

Does anyone have a suggestion for a simple container to hold your herb? I pre grind mine, and I grinded up about a eighth of some nice bud, but its too much to fit in the container they supplied.

Im looking for something that has a good SEAL, do pill jars work?
I myself use pill bottles. They work perfectly, they don't break easily, they're airtight, hold almost a 1/4 ounce of ground bud (I grind my stash a few grams at a time and keep it in a pill bottle, so all I gotta do is pour some in the launch box when I need to vape), and not to mention they're FREE :brow: :cool: haha. But yea imho using a pill bottle is your best bet, mainly cuz its free and works just as well as a space case stash container. :2c::peace:

HighVibes,

lwien

HighVibes said:
I myself use pill bottles. They work perfectly, they don't break easily, they're airtight, hold almost a 1/4 ounce of ground bud (I grind my stash a few grams at a time and keep it in a pill bottle, so all I gotta do is pour some in the launch box when I need to vape), and not to mention they're FREE :brow: :cool: haha. But yea imho using a pill bottle is your best bet, mainly cuz its free and works just as well as a space case stash container. :2c::peace:
Works as well?

Well, for one thing, typically, pill bottles are not airtight. Secondly, they let in light, as compared to a totally sealed container like the SC. Third, is that plastic can break and crack in your pocket. Fourth, the SC comes in sizes down to a size that will only hold a gram. The less air that is in a container, the better. And fourth is because of the following that I pulled off of my dispensaries site:

"Quality control for medicinal cannabis at California collectives is poor or non-existent. Molds and insect damage are the most common contaminants of medical cannabis. Molds pose a special threat to patients using cannabis, since smoking or vaporizing does not destroy mold toxins. All Cornerstone medicinal cannabis is inspected with forensic microscopes to detect contamination by mold or insect damage. Cannabis is a perishable product, yet Cornerstone is the only collective that refrigerates its products to preserve their purity and potency. Many collectives still use inexpensive plastic packaging for their cannabis medicines. These collectives are unaware that naturally occurring solvents in cannabis interact with plastics to form carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Cornerstone only uses glass and chemical-resistant polypropylene to package medicinal cannabis."

So for me, plastic is out due to all of the above reasons, but one of the really appealing things about the SpaceCase containers is that there just so damn purty and machined so well, that you can''t even feel the seams. The take forever to screw on and off because the threads are of really tight tolerances and really clamp down on the rubber seal that makes them totally air tight. For me, just the looks and the feel of them are worth the price of admission. They look like little pieces of art and I just have a real appreciation of things that are so well made, even such mundane things like weed containers.

So while I totally respect that a plastic pill bottle would work for you just as well as the SpaceCase, for me, it's not even in the same ballpark. Nothing wrong in spending a bit of money if it brings you pleasure and nice things do that for me. :2c:

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
I like these little glass vials- http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=254
all sizes, and they are airtight enough that no smells get out. Cheap too. Multiple uses around the house, and I use the tiny ones for kief.
I've had jobs where I could enjoy on the lunch break, not anymore. Need to be on my toes all day and troubleshoot too many issues with folks. Hectic jobs seem to be less weed-friendly for sure. I'm an evening/weekend user only.

indigal,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
HighVibes said:
Works as well?

Well, for one thing, typically, pill bottles are not airtight. Secondly, they let in light, as compared to a totally sealed container like the SC. Third, is that plastic can break and crack in your pocket. Fourth, the SC comes in sizes down to a size that will only hold a gram. The less air that is in a container, the better. And fourth is because of the following that I pulled off of my dispensaries site:

"Quality control for medicinal cannabis at California collectives is poor or non-existent. Molds and insect damage are the most common contaminants of medical cannabis. Molds pose a special threat to patients using cannabis, since smoking or vaporizing does not destroy mold toxins. All Cornerstone medicinal cannabis is inspected with forensic microscopes to detect contamination by mold or insect damage. Cannabis is a perishable product, yet Cornerstone is the only collective that refrigerates its products to preserve their purity and potency. Many collectives still use inexpensive plastic packaging for their cannabis medicines. These collectives are unaware that naturally occurring solvents in cannabis interact with plastics to form carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Cornerstone only uses glass and chemical-resistant polypropylene to package medicinal cannabis."

So for me, plastic is out due to all of the above reasons, but one of the really appealing things about the SpaceCase containers is that there just so damn purty and machined so well, that you can''t even feel the seams. The take forever to screw on and off because the threads are of really tight tolerances and really clamp down on the rubber seal that makes them totally air tight. For me, just the looks and the feel of them are worth the price of admission. They look like little pieces of art and I just have a real appreciation of things that are so well made.

So while I totally respect that a plastic pill bottle would work for you just as well as the SpaceCase, for me, it's not even in the same ballpark.
I do love the SC stuff, have a few pieces- press and grinders. Very well machined compared to other similar products out there. My issue is I usually have 6-8 varieties going at once- and I like having my varieties in pre-ground no waiting mode. So I use little lab glass vials with white caps. My friends really get a kick when they look in my cabinet to see what the selections are... it's like an apothecary of weed. Sharpie the variety on the lid and use acetone to remove and re-label as needed- the plastic is chem resistant so a quick swipe clears the label right off w/o damaging the plastic. I'd end up investing too much $ in storage for the selection I have running at any one time if I used all SC stuff.

indigal,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
I like glass too, indigal. Check these out. Glass covered in silicon so they won't break. Pretty neat. Check em out: http://www.mvessel.com/
Those are pretty spiffy- wouldn't mind it if they didn't have the logos on them. Though I've never been able to break the glass vials I use, the silicone would add a nice grippy feel..

indigal,

lwien

Yeah. Keeping that many strains separated in high-end containers can get pretty expensive. Totally understandable, and I think that if I kept 8 different strains going on, I'd be a bit more frugal too.

Think this is getting a bit off topic from the LB. Sorry....

indigal said:
Those are pretty spiffy- wouldn't mind it if they didn't have the logos on them. Though I've never been able to break the glass vials I use, the silicone would add a nice grippy feel..
And they float. ;)

lwien,

indigal

Amongst the corn
lwien said:
Yeah. Keeping that many strains separated in high-end containers can get pretty expensive. Totally understandable, and I think that if I kept 8 different strains going on, I'd be a bit more frugal too.

Think this is getting a bit off topic from the LB. Sorry....

indigal said:
And they float. ;)
Now THATS a plus. Nothing like taking a little on a canoe trip and ending up losing it to the shad.

Edit: and to get back on track ;) I brought my LB out over the weekend, it was a huge hit. Almost everyone had no issues getting the hang of it on one go. Plus more than one person was like " it's SO TINY!! Oh cute!!"
Proof that simple is usually better!

indigal,

collegerower

Quick Question,

I am thinking about buying one of these, but I was wondering how much it smells if it is just in your pocket closed. I know it depends on how smelly your herbs are, but just in general. Is it something you would notice from a few feet away?

collegerower,

Mckdenton

collegerower said:
Quick Question,

I am thinking about buying one of these, but I was wondering how much it smells if it is just in your pocket closed. I know it depends on how smelly your herbs are, but just in general. Is it something you would notice from a few feet away?
From in a pocket, no way, unless you happen to be a hound.

Mckdenton,
Top Bottom