stuey

Im looking at it now. Its completely out up to the wire on the one side.

The other side is fine.

I have given it a gentle prod with my finger and it seems firm, but I cant figure out why that is. I cant really see what's holding it up.

If the draw hole were facing you, its the right hand side.

stuey,

VivaSativa

stuey said:
Vicki said:
stuey said:
The screen on the one side of the trench looks like its come out of the circular groove and is sinking.

I have always been really careful when cleaning the LB so its not due to "heavy handiness"

I dont think its effecting performance yet, but its obviously worrying me a bit.

Has anyone else had this happen?
That happened to me. Email Magic Flight and let them know.
OK I have emailed them.

I feel a bit bad because they sent me a replacement only a few weeks back because my original vape was running a bit too cold. The replacement has been fantastic. Then yesterday I notice the screen has come out of the groove. Its definitely not my fault, but I still feel bad for some reason.
I'm in the same situation, trench corner sinking on the replacement unit. Is it on the top left corner by any chance?
Didn't think it's a warranty issue as it still works great, but if it is, I'll be happy to get a box with a light in it :ko:
Please update us if MF suggests a way to fix it or anything of the sort :peace:

*edit*: Now I saw the last post you made, sounds like it's more severe than my case. Good luck with yours

VivaSativa,

Zot

Vaping Phool
fylgja said:
Thanks for the tips. I have a wooden grinder with the holes for smaller stuff to fall through, but I am thinking of putting it in my coffee grinder, which I do when I make medicinal cocoa. :D
That's exactly what I do; use a coffee grinder. It's really fast, and I can store quite a bit of the nicely ground herb in a film canister.

Zot,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Got my replacement LaunchBox today, woooooooooooooooow!!!!!! What a difference, this thing is a beast! I get CLOUDS outta this bad little thing!

THANK YOU MAGIC FLIGHT! For the tools to enjoy life!

daddygreenjeans,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
magicflight said:
mirrorfap said:
um... is it likely that a Battery Vents or Leaks while operating and inhaling from the LB? Sounds like a big issue.
Hi,

There was one poster a while back that asked a lot of questions about this. This reply is a summary.

- 1) To be clear, we must distinguish between the events of charging the
battery and discharging the battery. With improper charging (ie, a
cheap or malfunctioning battery charger) the battery can be made to
vent (its not common, but it is possible). However, venting does not
happen during discharging. The box only uses the battery in discharge
mode. Therefore, there is no risk.

- 2) The previous poster did not understand the function of the back
construction hole and battery compartment and incorrectly claimed that
it was coupled to the vapor chamber -- it is not. Therefore, even if
the battery did vent (see 1 above) it would not be available for
inhalation. Again, no risk.

- 3) Assuming that somehow the battery did vent, in considering risk
it is also worthwhile to consider what kind of gasses are involved and
how much might be generated. From the chemistry the gas would only be
H2 (hydrogen) and quantity is tiny (a few cm at most). Both the kind
and the amount are biologically harmless. Again, no risk.

In sum, the chances of this being any sort of issue while *using* the box is of no interest -- for those who like to worry, there are better candidates. For people who work with batteries in general, the above is considered to be common knowledge.

However, in the interests of safety, I must also report that some chargers do not do as good a job detecting when a battery is already charged. If people put an already mostly charged battery into a fast charger, and that fast charger is not smart enough to detect this condition, it could potentially overcharge the battery causing it to get hot, and in particularly bad cases, to leak (not the end of the world). For some chargers, it can also be rather bad to put the battery in backwards (don't try it!). High quality chargers generally handle both of these conditions gracefully.

We are currently working with our vendors to see if a custom charger without any of these flaws can be made. This will take time. Until then, I would recommend using the battery as fully as possible before recharging. I am aware that I have previously suggested that people could put the batteries back into the charger regardless, and that was known/verified to be true at the time. However, there are a lot of different kinds of chargers out there. For simplicity sake, and also to get the best value and life from the batteries I now recommend using them out before recharging.

-- Magic-Flight
So.. what I'm getting out of this, is that now that I cleaned the leakage off the battery, its safe to use? Cuz I actually FINALLY realized WHY my battery leaked in the first place. I made a post a few pages back about how I combusted for the first time the other night, and how I accidentally left the battery in the LB for a few minutes. The herb in the trench was completely charred, and the battery was so hot I couldnt hold it without burning myself. I was high, so I then proceeded to charge it overnight when it was still slightly warm after it had cooled off a little about 20 minutes after I had overheated it. It was the next day that I noticed the leak.

SO in conclusion, its pretty obvious that my battery leaked while it was charging, but the REASON it leaked while it was charging is because I overheated it like crazy when I accidentally combusted. It was so hot that I thought it was gonna melt. So that being said, can somebody please verify that my understanding of what Magic Flight said in the above quote is correct? If so, you just made me really happy that I dont have to buy new batteries :brow:

P.S. I saved the battery in my drawer, and its been several days since I overheated it (and it leaked), and it hasnt leaked anymore. It also still has a charge in it, because it leaked while I was charging it.

HighVibes,

mlo4sho

Just purchased my MFLB from puffitup. It was 84.15 with the 15% discount, free shipping plus a (free) grinder included, which is good enough for now until I get a little bit more money. But from what I've heard/read/watched, the MFLB is an excellent and efficient product and I cannot wait until mine comes in. I'm hoping I get it before the end of the week so I can start using this badboy! I think it's just perfect for my situation and can't wait to actually hold it in my hand. Thanks everyone for the great info, I'm going to read this thread in its entirety (I read a good amount, but not all). Take care!

mlo4sho,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HighVibes said:
... now that I cleaned the leakage off the battery, its safe to use?
Given you have already cleaned it off, near as I can tell, it is OK to try to use it. If there was any risk at all, it would have been while you were cleaning the batteries. Different battery types have different risks -- yet the NiMH chemistry is fairly benign compared to most. Beyond/after that, the only hazard is that the battery might not work very well (or at all) -- depends on how hot it got and for how long. It may still be usable -- try it and see.

As a general recommendation, I agree that it is best to let the batteries cool completely before charging.

magicflight,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
I ordered my LB from puffitup.com on May 25th and received it on Friday before labor day. (PERFECT) :D
The box worked excellent out of the box on Friday. (Batteries came out of box charged). :ko:
Friday night I charged batteries. :|
Saturday morning the box glows a few seconds and does not work. (maybe I charged wrong) :/
Back on the charger 4 more hours. :(
Saturday night still not working and email puffitup. (Instant reply from Randy,Send it back) :(
Monday shipped it to puffitup and I see they received it Wednesday. (Great I should get replacement by the weekend.) :cool:
Still have not received it as of today. :mad:
E-mailed randy for tracking number just now. :mad:
So two weeks after placing my initial order I am still waiting, hope you have better luck then I do with Puffitup. :mad:

Here is the reply, what do you think the new battery charger is ?
The charger it came with last week was the Black 4 hour charger with USB plug.

REPLY FROM PUFFITUP:
I apologize for not communicating eariler. We just got the magic flighs with the new (again) version of the battery charger

Your package shipped out today and I will get you tracking info as soon as I'm back in the office tonight

Sorry about the delay

-Randy

majorpayne66,

AnotherToker

So I was browsing the web on this little marvel once again. I'd been tempted many times before and wanted one. Then I stumbled onto this website and found this monster thread and some familiar faces! (Hello peoples!) So after seeing the 15% discount for TokeItUp I could no longer restrain my CC hand..i ordered one!

The code is "FC-1" for the 15% discount at TokeItUp btw for those interested. I had to track it down.

So i hope this little box is everything this thread screams it is. I am SO ready for a convenient, STEALTHY portable and this thing looks awesome. I can't wait to get it and see for myself what the hype is about.

OK time for questions. :brow:

I medicate frequently throughout the day and I see some folks are using their MFLB almost exclusively. How fast does it get dirty and how is the cleaning process? I suspect i'll be putting a gram or two through this thing daily so it'll get some buildup.

Is this thing really so stealth that you can pull off vaping almost anywhere?? No smell while vaping or when pocketed and holding abv? If so...sweet. I'll soon be medicating Ninja style! :ninja:

Heavy users..how many batteries do you use daily and what are the need-to-know tips on batteries with this thing?

How many pulls do you generally get per full trench? how many pulls if you pack it?

That's enough picking brains for now. I've read through a good bit of this thread and am just looking for some verification :)

Now the wait til the thing gets here....

'Toke

AnotherToker,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
AnotherToker said:
So I was browsing the web on this little marvel once again. I'd been tempted many times before and wanted one. Then I stumbled onto this website and found this monster thread and some familiar faces! (Hello peoples!) So after seeing the 15% discount for TokeItUp I could no longer restrain my CC hand..i ordered one!

The code is "FC-1" for the 15% discount at TokeItUp btw for those interested. I had to track it down.

So i hope this little box is everything this thread screams it is. I am SO ready for a convenient, STEALTHY portable and this thing looks awesome. I can't wait to get it and see for myself what the hype is about.

I medicate frequently throughout the day and I see some folks are using their MFLB almost exclusively. How fast does it get dirty and how is the cleaning process? I suspect i'll be putting a gram or two through this thing daily so it'll get some buildup.

Is this thing really so stealth that you can pull off vaping almost anywhere?? No smell while vaping or when pocketed and holding abv? If so...sweet. I'll soon be medicating Ninja style! :ninja:

Heavy users..how many batteries do you use daily and what are the need-to-know tips on batteries with this thing?

How many pulls do you generally get per full trench? how many pulls if you pack it?

That's enough picking brains for now. I've read through a good bit of this thread and am just looking for some verification :)

'Toke
I can tell you right now, you wont even be able to run 2 grams through the box in one day, maybe not even 1, especially if your vapin some dank. I myself vape mids, and I only need 0.1 of a gram to get baked (yes, I weighed it, lol). I filled the trench up only halfway, without packing it down, and then dumped it straight onto my scale, and it read 0.1g... and then I vaped it and got really high. So usually I only vape a half a trench, but if I need to medicate extra heavily (I vape medicinally too, for Crohns disease), I'll vape a whole trench. I typically dont need to medicate more than twice a day, so I charge my batteries over night, and use em during the day. It takes a whole battery to vape a trench, altho theres usually still a little left in the battery afterwards (but not enough to vape another trench).

Off a single, full, trench you'll get anywhere between 8 and 12 vapor hits, depending on how slow you inhale (the slower you inhale, the hotter the weed gets, thus vaporizing the trench faster, giving off more vapor, and decreasing the amount of hits you'll get off the trench). Finding the perfect inhalation speed is actually not too hard, basically is the vapor gets uncomfortably hot to point where it feels almost like smoking, then you're inhaling too slow and you just gotta inhale faster. And you'll know when you're inhaling too fast, because the vapor wont be warm, and you wont be tasting any vapor (it has a pretty distinct taste to it). And you were also asking about the screen getting dirty and cleaning it. Well since the screen is the actual source of the heat, it doesnt get that dirty. It turns a little brown after some use, but thats unavoidable, magic flight even says so. You can use a q-tip dipped in isopryl rubbing alcohol to gently clean the screen, but it wont get rid of the brown color, it'll only open up the screen if its clogged with THC resin.

And there is sometimes a very very faint scent if you inhale slower, vaporizing the weed at a higher temperature, which will give off a slight odor, since you're applying more heat and getting closer to combustion temperatures. The smell in this case is almost similar to if you were cooking some vegetables, but no one would ever identify it as weed. But yea this thing really is amazing, you pretty much vape anywhere with it. I vaped in the same room as my parents the other day, and they had no idea :cool: Enjoy your launch box. If you read this post and the many others in this thread, you'll get the hang of it right away, not to mention you'll love it right away.

Btw sorry for the really long post, I'm bored, lol

HighVibes,
Reactions: HacimLlih

userchris

So my first Launch Box is coming in within the next couple days (first time vaping, very excited to get away from killing my lungs), and I have a question about grinding herb. I just finished reading all 142 pages of the thread, so i know it hasn't been asked/answered, and after seeing the breadth of knowledge on FC, I figured you guys would be the best people to check with.

I read in a cooking tutorial a while back that I shouldn't grind my herb down to a powder if I plan on storing it for any more than a day- according to the site, the herb would lose its THC/potency or something to that effect. I'm somewhat doubtful of that fact, and I wanted to ask if there could be any truth to it. When I grind, I probably wouldn't achieve powder consistency, but I'd like to be able to pre-grind a small amount several times a week so that I wouldn't have to constantly keep my grinder out.

(I realize that this is a general herb question, but I figured it applies especially to the MFLB and people who already use one would have a solid answer from experience)

Any opinions?

userchris,

Budz Bunny

userchris said:
I read in a cooking tutorial a while back that I shouldn't grind my herb down to a powder if I plan on storing it for any more than a day- according to the site, the herb would lose its THC/potency or something to that effect. I'm somewhat doubtful of that fact, and I wanted to ask if there could be any truth to it. When I grind, I probably wouldn't achieve powder consistency, but I'd like to be able to pre-grind a small amount several times a week so that I wouldn't have to constantly keep my grinder out.
I grind once a week with a coffee grinder and I do not notice any difference between the 1st day and the last day (before a new grind). Things that break down THC are sunlight and air. Keep the ground herb in an airtight, dark container and you will be good to go.

Enjoy your LB. Its amazing.

Budz Bunny,

userchris

Budz Bunny said:
I grind once a week with a coffee grinder and I do not notice any difference between the 1st day and the last day (before a new grind). Things that break down THC are sunlight and air. Keep the ground herb in an airtight, dark container and you will be good to go.

Enjoy your LB. Its amazing.
Awesome, thanks- I didn't completely believe it myself, but I wanted to make sure.

Can't wait- after all the thousands of positive posts, I don't think it'll be anything but amazing.

userchris,

fylgja

AnotherToker said:

'Toke
I medicate for glaucoma and chronic, daily headaches. To keep the pressure down in my eyes I have to medicate every 4 hours, roughly. I some times do it more than that if I am having a headachey day, or just bored. I've only had the LB for a week, and the screen is brown, but not too dark and doesn't effect the performance. I noticed what effects performance most is how dry the bud is (dry is better) and the batteries (how well charged are they). I have noticed a HUGE reduction in the amount I use and I am no longer coughing up resin phlegm. I would estimate that a battery lasts about a trench and 1/2, give or take. That's probably about 20 draws for me, but I vape it until it looks like toast crumbs.

Zot

Vaping Phool
AnotherToker said:

'Toke
Part of this I haven't seen addressed yet, so I'll throw in my :2c:.

I'm using the LB exclusively since I got it about a month or so ago. I use it in native mode, so I don't deal with buildup in the stem. I have, however, seen buildup in the cavity underneath the screen.

Taking a wooden toothpick, I very carefully scrape this residue off of the bottom of the vape holding area. Quite a bit comes out on the toothpick. I then knock the LB against my hand with the mouth hole down; little condensed bits will come out. Repeat that operation for a few minutes until clean. By letting light shine through the trench screen, you can get a good view of this area through the mouth hole.

Anyone know if there are any active ingredients left in these bits?

george

Hey so i been reading this topic and looking at reviews on the MFLB for a couple months now. I figured that i might as well buy it now since i have the money. So i put my order in today, and then i headed on over to the post office and sent the money order to puffitup.com.

Do you think puffitup will wait to get my money order before they send out my package? because it seems reasonable of them to do that....but i hope they send it out soon

george,

toadyfatz

george said:
Hey so i been reading this topic and looking at reviews on the MFLB for a couple months now. I figured that i might as well buy it now since i have the money. So i put my order in today, and then i headed on over to the post office and sent the money order to puffitup.com.

Do you think puffitup will wait to get my money order before they send out my package? because it seems reasonable of them to do that....but i hope they send it out soon
I don't see them sending you the Box till the money is in their hand. With that said I have never ordered from them so what do I really know. I just don't see a company sending it out without payment. Post what you think when you do get it!! It really is an awesome portable!!

toadyfatz,

george

toadyfatz said:
george said:

I don't see them sending you the Box till the money is in their hand. With that said I have never ordered from them so what do I really know. I just don't see a company sending it out without payment. Post what you think when you do get it!! It really is an awesome portable!!
yaaa i was thinkin the same thing, but hoping that i may be wrong. either way im real pumped to get this and ill be postin my thoughts on it after i try it out

george,

Anthony

Anthony
toadyfatz said:
george said:

I ordered a Zephyr from them last night at 11PM EST and by 3AM it was shipped! They ship quick and give great deals!

But ya, they wont ship until they get your $$

Why not use PayPal? Its instant, free, and safe?

Anthony,

george

Anthony said:
toadyfatz said:
george said:

I ordered a Zephyr from them last night at 11PM EST and by 3AM it was shipped! They ship quick and give great deals!

But ya, they wont ship until they get your $$

Why not use PayPal? Its instant, free, and safe?
well, paying with cash was my only option at the moment.

But i don't expect the wait to be too long anyways, i emailed them and he was happy to upgrade my shipping to priority so i can get it sooner, your right though..they need the money first

george,

Anthony

Anthony
george said:
well, paying with cash was my only option at the moment.

But i don't expect the wait to be too long anyways, i emailed them and he was happy to upgrade my shipping to priority so i can get it sooner, your right though..they need the money first
Do you have a checking account? PayPal is easy and takes 2 minutes.

Anthony,

GanjaRunner

Just had to post to thank the Magic Flight people for a superb little instrument of delight and health. I have been a long-time smoker (over 30 years) but have just recently been enjoying the benefits of vaping. Read about the MFLB on various forums, lurking here a bit, picked one up at my local collective and I've been vaping pretty much ever since! I love this thing.

I almost cannot go back to smoking from what I thought were good, clean glass pieces. I just don't like the taste anymore. It's just so much better from vaping.

I'm going to also get a VapeXhale Cloud when they become available simply because I liken the LB to a small pipe like the old ProtoPipe. I still want my big hitter bong when I'm home and the Cloud should fit that bill nicely.

I may still end up with a whip vape in the mix as well.

GanjaRunner,

Anthony

Anthony
GanjaRunner said:
Just had to post to thank the Magic Flight people for a superb little instrument of delight and health. I have been a long-time smoker (over 30 years) but have just recently been enjoying the benefits of vaping. Read about the MFLB on various forums, lurking here a bit, picked one up at my local collective and I've been vaping pretty much ever since! I love this thing.

I almost cannot go back to smoking from what I thought were good, clean glass pieces. I just don't like the taste anymore. It's just so much better from vaping.

I'm going to also get a VapeXhale Cloud when they become available simply because I liken the LB to a small pipe like the old ProtoPipe. I still want my big hitter bong when I'm home and the Cloud should fit that bill nicely.

I may still end up with a whip vape in the mix as well.
Sounds like you have the same ideology as me. Be smart and get the Zephyr Ion (Which can fill bags and use a whip) and you can get it for $305ish shipped from puffitup.com with a 15% off coupon. Just my :2c:

-Anthony

Top Bottom