magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
majorpayne66 said:
...look into groove, install batt. and it glows for a few seconds and goes out.
Checked batt volt and its .97.
Charge a little longer 1.13
... I emailed puffitup today
Both the batteries and the charger are covered by the Functional Warranty. If you do not get satisfaction at Puffitup, please contact us.

magicflight,

the ob

all good in the hood.
collegerower said:
Quick Question,

I am thinking about buying one of these, but I was wondering how much it smells if it is just in your pocket closed. I know it depends on how smelly your herbs are, but just in general. Is it something you would notice from a few feet away?
it literally has no smell as far as I know.

the ob,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
B. said:
...a way to condition the batteries with the stock charger that came with the LB. Is it just a series of draining and charging the battery?
Yes. You can charge the battery at any time. However, it is good to cycle it by draining it completely from time to time -- will help it to last longer and accept more charger (say, once every 20 uses). A good conditioning will fully charge/discharge/recharge the battery several times in succession.

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
daddygreenjeans said:
... I've been trolling the MFLB thread ever since I bought my Buddha so I know everything I "think" there is to know about this vape. That's why for the life of me I can't figure out what's wrong... I have to use all my strength to get a draw at all from this thing.
Hi,

That unit is clearly problematic -- it should be fairly easy to draw on it. If you have not done so already, please contact us and we will get you a new one. Alternately, with the lid open, you might sand/scrape the side of the bowl where it is thinnest so as to let some air into the top of the chamber. You will not need to remove much wood -- check the draw every so often to see if you have it set right. Once you can pull air through, then reload and retry. Please contact us direct if there are any problems.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

GreenLeaf

collegerower said:
Quick Question,

I am thinking about buying one of these, but I was wondering how much it smells if it is just in your pocket closed. I know it depends on how smelly your herbs are, but just in general. Is it something you would notice from a few feet away?
Nope it does not smell. Even if you keep vaped herb in there it won't stink like dirty bowls do.

I just use a plastic film canister as a container.

GreenLeaf,

sfld

Im using a pill bottle now, no ned to worry about light as its in the bag in a drawer lol

And stuey, the reason i come to work stoned is i also do help desk lol

I manage a technical department at a software company, so being stoned while being on the PC 8 hours a day 7 days a week is so much better haha

sfld,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Agreed SFLD... I can't even sit at a pc without being medicated. Especially when trying to build one for a customer. Seriously I've done stupid stoner things when NOT medicated. I seem to think more clearly and can solve problems better while medicated, not sure why.

Maybe I'm just telling myself that... who knows :brow:

daddygreenjeans,

slurpeejerky711

ok so i just started using the box a bit more lately and ive been trying to use more bud, i used to just sprinkle a little fine ground into the trench, never really completely covering the bottom, but the last few times, i feel like i havent gotten the best hits so maybe im using to similair of a technique to vape with a trench thats maybe 1/4 to 1/3 full of ground bud

about how many hits do you think you can get out of a good 1/4 to 1/3 of fine ground?
and whats average warmup time and draw time?

slurpeejerky711,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
lwien said:
HighVibes said:
I myself use pill bottles. They work perfectly, they don't break easily, they're airtight, hold almost a 1/4 ounce of ground bud (I grind my stash a few grams at a time and keep it in a pill bottle, so all I gotta do is pour some in the launch box when I need to vape), and not to mention they're FREE :brow: :cool: haha. But yea imho using a pill bottle is your best bet, mainly cuz its free and works just as well as a space case stash container. :2c::peace:
Works as well?

Well, for one thing, typically, pill bottles are not airtight. Secondly, they let in light, as compared to a totally sealed container like the SC. Third, is that plastic can break and crack in your pocket. Fourth, the SC comes in sizes down to a size that will only hold a gram. The less air that is in a container, the better. And fourth is because of the following that I pulled off of my dispensaries site:

"Quality control for medicinal cannabis at California collectives is poor or non-existent. Molds and insect damage are the most common contaminants of medical cannabis. Molds pose a special threat to patients using cannabis, since smoking or vaporizing does not destroy mold toxins. All Cornerstone medicinal cannabis is inspected with forensic microscopes to detect contamination by mold or insect damage. Cannabis is a perishable product, yet Cornerstone is the only collective that refrigerates its products to preserve their purity and potency. Many collectives still use inexpensive plastic packaging for their cannabis medicines. These collectives are unaware that naturally occurring solvents in cannabis interact with plastics to form carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Cornerstone only uses glass and chemical-resistant polypropylene to package medicinal cannabis."

So for me, plastic is out due to all of the above reasons, but one of the really appealing things about the SpaceCase containers is that there just so damn purty and machined so well, that you can''t even feel the seams. The take forever to screw on and off because the threads are of really tight tolerances and really clamp down on the rubber seal that makes them totally air tight. For me, just the looks and the feel of them are worth the price of admission. They look like little pieces of art and I just have a real appreciation of things that are so well made, even such mundane things like weed containers.

So while I totally respect that a plastic pill bottle would work for you just as well as the SpaceCase, for me, it's not even in the same ballpark. Nothing wrong in spending a bit of money if it brings you pleasure and nice things do that for me. :2c:
The quote off your dispensary's website sounds very technical and informative, but how do you know they're not just making some of that up to make them seem more appealing then the other dispensaries? Cuz honestly for at least the last 50 years or more, most of the weed smoked in america has been bought and sold in plastic bags, and you dont see every pothead that uses plastic bags for storage getting cancer now do you? Idk just my thoughts :2c:

HighVibes,

sugarloafer

I am having some troubles with my launch box... It is taking me at least 2 fully charged batteries to torch a trench... I have tried different breathing speeds with no luck. It does get me medicated but it takes way too long to do it. Any suggestions?

sugarloafer,

mirrorfap

Fap Fap Fap Nom Nom Nom
I got mine today: http://mirrorfap.imgur.com/mflb
It came from PuffItUp.com for $84.10 shipped and comes with a 4pc aluminum grinder & Spearmint Herb.

It's been working great and got used to operating it in 2-3 hits of a half-filled trench. I can clearly see vapor when I exhale too.

I just contacted puffitup (haven't responded yet) but did anyone else receive the same charger (pic) from them? Is this the previous charger that shipped with the MFLB originally? It's different from the picture they have in their online store too, which is the Sanyo Quick Charger.
Is this good or bad?

mirrorfap,

VivaSativa

Does anyone know if having a seed in the trench while vaping is dangerous to the LB? I know when smoked in a joint it can 'pop' and tear the paper..

VivaSativa,
VivaSativa said:
Does anyone know if having a seed in the trench while vaping is dangerous to the LB? I know when smoked in a joint it can 'pop' and tear the paper..
I am glad to hear from someone else who actually has seeds in their herb. Seems like everybody else gets such good shit, no mention is made of seeds.

Although I grind pretty damn well with a Cromium Crusher then in a flour sifter, I still get the occasional seed that gets through. No problems at all (other than the taste) in the launch box. Besides you have a safety shield - you are protected. :o

Howie Feltersnatch,

fylgja

I've got my LB Tuesday and have been vaping all day every day since. My smokers cough is nearly gone already. I tried smoking once tonight and hated the taste of it. It's like sucking on charcoal. I don't know how I lived without this thing. I am vaping exclusively now.

fylgja,

HeySlick

fylgja said:
I've got my LB Tuesday and have been vaping all day every day since. My smokers cough is nearly gone already. I tried smoking once tonight and hated the taste of it. It's like sucking on charcoal. I don't know how I lived without this thing. I am vaping exclusively now.
Doesn't that happen to every one

HeySlick,

TimmyT

Just put in my order for a LB on the blisssville site. Can't wait to get it! I've decided to purchase a charger (and a heap of extra batteries ;) ) from a shop, so I don't have to mess around with voltage converters.

TimmyT,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Congrats Fylgja! Yeah, once you get the hang of vaping.... life changing! Honestly wish someone would have told me to stop lighting the shit on fire decades ago :D Enjoy that LB!

Oh and wait a couple weeks - you'll see even more improvements in your breathing, etc!!

Lo,

VivaSativa

Howie Feltersnatch said:
VivaSativa said:
I am glad to hear from someone else who actually has seeds in their herb. Seems like everybody else gets such good shit, no mention is made of seeds.
Yeah I got a bit of seedy dirtweed, desperate times.. :rolleyes:
Howie Feltersnatch said:
Besides you have a safety shield - you are protected. :o
To hell with me, I'll take one to the face, just don't ruin my precious LB.. :lol:

VivaSativa,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I have discovered that I am able to use a little bit of kief or wand hash with my herb, and it works great. Both are dry, so they don't stick to the screen. I am very happy! :D

Vicki,

MauiSon

mirrorfap said:
I got mine today: http://mirrorfap.imgur.com/mflb
It came from PuffItUp.com for $84.10 shipped and comes with a 4pc aluminum grinder & Spearmint Herb.

It's been working great and got used to operating it in 2-3 hits of a half-filled trench. I can clearly see vapor when I exhale too.

I just contacted puffitup (haven't responded yet) but did anyone else receive the same charger (pic) from them? Is this the previous charger that shipped with the MFLB originally? It's different from the picture they have in their online store too, which is the Sanyo Quick Charger.
Is this good or bad?
No, I have an older charger (MFLB user since 12/09) and that is not it. I'd like to know if this is a new charger unit too (or an anomaly), since I just placed a new order as well - MFLB 'kit' and 2 extra batteries. Love the discount and 'freebies'.

MauiSon,

collegerower

I just purchased a Box from Puffitup. Cant wait to get it!

I would love to hear from MFLB and hear why they changed the charger. Also if anything else changed.

collegerower,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Okay I purchased batteries & a charger from blissSville a coulple months ago. The charger was Sanyo, white and holds two batteries. The new batteries were much more powerful than my older, worn batts.

For backup I ordered some more batts and a charger last week, this time from vapenow cuz blissSville didn't have any chargers showing. This time I got the black Tenergy charger someone showed above. It holds 4 batts. The batts I receive look diff from the last batch but a tighter fit (which is good) and they work VERY WELL :D

I know MF has changed things a few times but I have only seen steps forward. The new 4 batt charger made me smile!

Edited to add. I know in the old chargers I could charge just one battery but the Tenergy I note it says you may charge 2 or 4 batts. That might be important for folks to note.

Lo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
collegerower said:
I would love to hear from MFLB and hear why they changed the charger. Also if anything else changed.
Hi,

We were forced to change the charger and batteries. Sanyo corp was purchased by Panasonic. As a result, their warehouse was unable to ship for something like 4 weeks. We had to find other suppliers. This is a temporary measure -- we plan to eventually have our own special purpose chargers made. These will be ideal. Will be at least months though before these become real.

We did upgrade the batteries to the Imedion labeled cells from MAHA Energy. If anything, these have a slightly higher energy density than even the Sanyo batteries. Quality wise, its a close contest.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
magicflight said:
majorpayne66 said:
...look into groove, install batt. and it glows for a few seconds and goes out.
Checked batt volt and its .97.
Charge a little longer 1.13
... I emailed puffitup today
Both the batteries and the charger are covered by the Functional Warranty. If you do not get satisfaction at Puffitup, please contact us.
I sent my box, charger and batteries back to Randy at puffitup and am waiting on a replacement.
Randy has been helpful in solving any problems. It just hurts to wait.
Thanks for standing by your product.

majorpayne66,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thanks for the update Lo. It is good to know. I often find I need to charge 4 batteries and don't like to use my 15 min charger unless it's a car trip or an emergency (power outage). I think I might have to look into one of these.

collegerower, IMO you are going to love the LB. It is such a handy little vape.

A while ago, MF was discussing changing the batteries. I wonder if this change in charger indicates that they actually did. I think they are constantly evolving and trying to improve their product.

momofthegoons,
Top Bottom