OF

see this is why i questioned if it was safe or not.

i tried it for a few minutes and the battery got hot as fuck.

It should not be allowed to get too hot to touch. Something is wrong, that will shorten the battery life.

There have been several chargers, they seem to follow the pattern of two independent channels but often share a common supply so when two are being charged each gets half (probably by time?) so it takes twice as many minutes for two as one. Not always, but often. Point is a single cell is not forbidden and is in fact a common mode (one charging, the other in service).

OF

OF,

skippy

All batteries used with the LB must be peeled. The 2700 work well with the LB, but do not hold the charge as long as the stock batteries. There are also reports that they do not hold up as long. Also, when a battery has been severely overheated, there is a good chance it will not work well anymore
AHH this is what I thought I read,mom,

And thanks Quetzalcoatlnks, I might search out some of those powerex 2700, are they easy to peel ?

skippy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I might search out some of those powerex 2700, are they easy to peel ?

They're not too hard to peel. I did need to use some Goo Gone, then ISO afterwards, though, to get the glue residue off.

momofthegoons,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
AHH this is what I thought I read,mom,

And thanks Quetzalcoatlnks, I might search out some of those powerex 2700, are they easy to peel ?
Some people had difficulty taking the glue off and used Goo Gone or similar cleaning products. I was, incredibly enough, able to peel the battery sleeves and remove the glue with only my fingers :B

Quetzalcoatl,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Having just used my MFLB for a late-night, quiet session, I can confirm my initial suspicion that this vape is an essential for a vaporist/collector like me. So utterly awesome. I'm so effing sizzled off such a little amount of herb--blue dream. Wow. I mean...wow!

Vapinghole,

highthere

I bought an MFLB a while ago to share with my roommate, it worked great, then my roommate got one too. They both worked well and we got the 2750 mAH batteries. Unfortunately, after a few months, they both became less functional. It got worse over time, to the point where they're nearly unusable. We had gotten a tabletop vape, but after months of not using the MLFB it would be nice to have a portable vape again.

The only way I can get either of the MFLB's to produce any vapor is to push the battery in so tightly that it hurts my thumb and leaves an imprint on my hand. Even then, it barely tints the herb any darker. What could be the issue? The lights don't work on either unit, either.

EDIT: One is a newer "click" model and one is slightly older. One has the pushback ring, one doesn't. I've tried everything I can think of.

highthere,

SmokingElectricity

I bought an MFLB a while ago to share with my roommate, it worked great, then my roommate got one too. They both worked well and we got the 2750 mAH batteries. Unfortunately, after a few months, they both became less functional. It got worse over time, to the point where they're nearly unusable. We had gotten a tabletop vape, but after months of not using the MLFB it would be nice to have a portable vape again.

The only way I can get either of the MFLB's to produce any vapor is to push the battery in so tightly that it hurts my thumb and leaves an imprint on my hand. Even then, it barely tints the herb any darker. What could be the issue? The lights don't work on either unit, either.

EDIT: One is a newer "click" model and one is slightly older. One has the pushback ring, one doesn't. I've tried everything I can think of.

Try getting some new batteries. If that doesn't work the LB's have a lifetime warranty so you might want to try contacting the manufacturer so they can send you new ones.

SmokingElectricity,

Are you guys getting high off MFLB? I got mine couple weeks ago and havent been able to get high off it, even after waiting 30 minute or 1 hour and i have to go smoke a bowl to get high :(, since i dont own anything else to smoke

DrDankNuggs

Got a PhD in Headies
So recently I went to Home Depot to get a couple things to make myself a whip for my box. After I had picked up the 1/4in Tubing but they only sold it in 10foot lengths, so I thought what am I going to do with all this extra tubing. I lingered in the plumbing section thinking of what else I could use the extra length of tubing for it was then a lightbulb went on make a $7 dollar WPA! So looking at the wall of plastic fittings I found two pieces that would be perfect The piece on the left side will fit the tubing perfectly, and the piece on the left tappers down just right for a 18 or 14 MM. Sooo Im gonna post a couple pictures from before I dressed it up a bit. If anyone is interested in the parts I used feel free to holler!
scaled.php

You can see below that the left side piece is treaded, it was a perfect fit to just screw into the hole of the fitting on the left side even though it wasn't threaded.
scaled.php

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Are you guys getting high off MFLB? I got mine couple weeks ago and havent been able to get high off it, even after waiting 30 minute or 1 hour and i have to go smoke a bowl to get high :(, since i dont own anything else to smoke

I could be mistaken, but I'm reading into this that this is the first vape that you got when you decided to switch to vapor? This could be the first problem, IMO.

This is a great portable vape. For sure. It was designed to be stealthy, which means that your "clouds" usually wont be huge. But when first switching to vapor from smoking, often you need a heavy hitting vape for the switch over. You also cannot be smoking and vaping at the same time. It takes a commitment to vaping for at least a week. The highs are different and it takes a bit to adjust. The learning curve for this vape is also a bit steeper than other vapes.

If you cannot afford to invest in another vape, I would advise you to look into some of JDSupreme and Vitolo's videos on how to use the LB and practice, practice, practice. The switch to vapor can take a little patience, as can learning how to properly use the LB. And, feel free to ask questions here on this thread. There are a lot of us here who use the LB and can help you with your transition. ;)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I switched from combustion, to a VERY brief stint with the VG Bat (which I got to work, maybe 5 times)... to my MFLB and was laying on the floor giggling like a schoolgirl, that such an awesome device could exist, that first day.

If you're not getting any vapor, high and/or medicated, then there's something wrong with your technique, if the hardware is in working order. As mentioned, there are several sources of tutoring videos and reading. However, I think mom makes it sound harder than it is. If you can control how fast you pull (breathe)... then you can get quite toasty/medicated from the MFLB, the day you meet.

Best place to start, if you're serious about the MFLB. Magic Flight Launch Box - Vaporpedia

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: pakalolo

Dj Bass

I'm sure if you go back through the thread you will find some of the best MFLB rip tips ever. But here's my discovery:

Hold the battery in the device away from your mouth until you see "vapor" forming through the plexiglass (hard to miss in a well lit room) then take a series of short pulls, to clear the vapor and let it keep heating, then take one long, slow drag. Altogether there should be maybe 6-7 seconds straight heating, 5-6 seconds micro-pulling, and a good long 7-10 second drag. See if that doesn't have you magic flighting.

Dj Bass,

OF

I made an amazing discovery today. The grinder that comes with the launch box fits perfectly into the trench for easy herb dumping :)

Yup, I forget who noticed that 'back when' but IIRC the drill is to open the door, invert the box on top of the lower half then flip the lot back over (grinder up) and tap the bottom of the grinder 3 times in the center with the rim of the top to knock the debris off the cutters.

Why exactly 3 taps I don't know.......

OF

OF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I made an amazing discovery today. The grinder that comes with the launch box fits perfectly into the trench for easy herb dumping :)

It also grinds to the perfect consistency for the MFLB.

sunot.gif

On a side note. I finished my cheap MFLB vapor rig, today. As a proud (forced) member of the Broke Bastards Glass Consortium... I have built this rig for $75 (the WPA was a gift).

My wife calls me a Mad Scientist of glassware. I'd say, obsessed. lol.
a_mad_scientist_holding_a_beaker_05.jpg
. That, and I seem to have a knack getting lucky with cheap glass, working well.

Please keep jealous commentary to a minimum. I know its easy to hate such perfection. BEHOLD!

(Little dirty... its been getting good use. Also, the WPA angle looks higher than it actually is. Grind holds fine in trench.)
20120419_192050.jpg

Cheapo water pipe - $40, MFLB WPA, Cheapo 3-arm tree perc - $20, "Roor" downstem - $15 = Vapor Bliss for $75!!!

20120419_192136.jpg

Cheapo no-name 3-arm perc. It ain't pretty but it fires correctly, even with those open ends. - $20

20120419_192115.jpg

"RooR" downstem. This baby rocks! Fires perfectly, from the 1st row, to the last. - $15

20120419_192222.jpg

The last round of diffusion. Keeps your lips moist (little bit of splashback, if pulling hard) and together with the rest of the package, is that last little extra that completes the whole package.

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I'm sure this has been answered before but will soaking the plastic stem in Bacardi 151 damage it?

pinoy,
Top Bottom