X24

Thinking about picking up one of these for mobile vaping. How does vapor from the MFLB compare to my Da Buddha? I know I can't expect it to hold a candle to DBV, but if it gets the job done pretty decently I think it'll still be worth it. :)

X24,

stonedwarman

I got paid to kill people.
This product is awesome. I recently vaped with a couple of buddies on my volcano, and after the third bag we emptied out the herb chamber and put the herb into the MFLB because it was still only a light brown but the 3rd bag had seemed quiet empty. The MFLB vaped that herb for a bunch more good hits. Anybody ever try that before? Putting abv into the launchbox?

stonedwarman,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
This product is awesome. I recently vaped with a couple of buddies on my volcano, and after the third bag we emptied out the herb chamber and put the herb into the MFLB because it was still only a light brown but the 3rd bag had seemed quiet empty. The MFLB vaped that herb for a bunch more good hits. Anybody ever try that before? Putting abv into the launchbox?

I've re-vaped somewhat ABV in my box before, yeah. I might add that I did get some effects, albeit at the price of a bad taste in my mouth.

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

Just dropping by to say that I've had all of my "fun" medicine available to me today, a couple beers, a bit of snuff, and one trench of San Fernando Valley OG in my box. Paired with some trusty Pwerex 2700's, this thing is continually impressing me. Hell, I might even buy the click-top one and gift this one to a friend or something. It's that great. My only only gripe at this point is the fact that I have a rubber band box and not a click top. I bought mine at a local headshop for a bit more than on the website, but I didn't mind paying it because I like to support local businesses ;) Last week one of my rubber bands broke and I finally found the second one in my room. I know it's cheaper to buy more rubber bands but I love having the latest and greatest technology and such, so I might spring for the click top in the next few weeks (if all goes well).

Two questions:

1) For the MFBL team: What's the status on that oil/concentrate adapter that I read about? Is it still in alpha stage? Any info on when it'll go beta? Thanks for making an awesome vaporizer!

2) For owners of the click top box: Have any of you had any problems with the click top? It doesn't mess up/break the screen? Has anyone had the little metal ball/stud become loose? Do those boxes tend to run hotter or cooler than the previous rubber band model?

Thanks, and sorry if none of this made sense :ko:

Quetzalcoatl,

Dj Bass

Try SSFG. They are a family owned online american glass company (real family owned, 4 kids!)

http://ssfgglass.com/shop/shop/prod...l-tube-beaker-or-straight/category_pathway-11

those guys are probly just what you want, that is what's pictured above I bet...

Soulshine has made me happy a few times, and the worked peices look siiiiick. Plus the price is right for the non-worked stuff. All around good place to get glass for vapes imo.

Hope that suggestion helps Sydnee.

Dj Bass,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Try SSFG. They are a family owned online american glass company (real family owned, 4 kids!)

http://ssfgglass.com/shop/shop/prod...l-tube-beaker-or-straight/category_pathway-11

those guys are probly just what you want, that is what's pictured above I bet...

Soulshine has made me happy a few times, and the worked peices look siiiiick. Plus the price is right for the non-worked stuff. All around good place to get glass for vapes imo.

Hope that suggestion helps Sydnee.

That's the second time someone has referred me to Soul Shine. I just ordered a beaker with ice notches. Thanks for the suggestion.

sydnee,

mestizo

Question to Moderators:
Why is it ok to suggest to a member a website to purchase a glass piece but it is wrong to ask where the member reside to suggest a place close by to make a purchase.

mestizo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
... For the MFBL team: What's the status on that oil/concentrate adapter that I read about? Is it still in alpha stage? Any info on when it'll go beta?

Hi,

We have made some forward progress on these units. We are hoping to have them into the next phase by May 15. Selected beta testing will follow shortly thereafter.

-- Magic-Flight

skippy

Hi,

We have made some forward progress on these units. We are hoping to have them into the next phase by May 15. Selected beta testing will follow shortly thereafter.

-- Magic-Flight
While you're there,magicflight, are you intending on exporting your power adaptors to Australia? I'm after one and would prefer to buy it locally than import it.

skippy,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
mestizo, perhaps it would have been better to approach not only the original question, but the question to the mods in a pm?

momofthegoons,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Just had my first experience with the LB about an hour ago (but upon reflection it could have been just a few minutes). Had it sitting, I'm ashamed to say, in its priority shipping box for six months - on my "to do" list but never got around to it. Bottom line, this fucking thing is great! It is a nice evening and I thought it would be nice to take a stoned walk and listen to some music on my iPod. So I whipped it out, loaded it up and went about my merry way.

Where I live is not totally cool - there is a degree of oppression unfortunately - so I had it in my mind to be discreet and I found the LB very stealth and comfortable.

My first inhalations were light but not unimpressive. The hits were tasty also.

At this point I entered an all night grocery store that I had never been to before, I walked around and took a Caesar salad but then I changed my mind while waiting on line. I left the store and continued with the LB. I then discovered the obvious, that if I hold in the battery for a few extra seconds before inhaling I'll get very solid and satisfying vapor hits.

I really like this vaporizer. It's also a liberating feeling to be able to vape wherever you want pretty much. That itself is a major lifestyle enhancer. The whole package has a really good vibe to it. I think I'm going to be getting a lot of good use out of this simple, understated very welcoming device.

Quetzalcoatl

Just had my first experience with the LB about an hour ago (but upon reflection it could have been just a few minutes). Had it sitting, I'm ashamed to say, in its priority shipping box for six months - on my "to do" list but never got around to it. Bottom line, this fucking thing is great! It is a nice evening and I thought it would be nice to take a stoned walk and listen to some music on my iPod. So I whipped it out, loaded it up and went about my merry way.

Where I live is not totally cool - there is a degree of oppression unfortunately - so I had it in my mind to be discreet and I found the LB very stealth and comfortable.

My first inhalations were light but not unimpressive. The hits were tasty also.

At this point I entered an all night grocery store that I had never been to before, I walked around and took a Caesar salad but then I changed my mind while waiting on line. I left the store and continued with the LB. I then discovered the obvious, that if I hold in the battery for a few extra seconds before inhaling I'll get very solid and satisfying vapor hits.

I really like this vaporizer. It's also a liberating feeling to be able to vape wherever you want pretty much. That itself is a major lifestyle enhancer. The whole package has a really good vibe to it. I think I'm going to be getting a lot of good use out of this simple, understated very welcoming device.
Welcome to the club! If I can make a suggestion, spring for either stronger batteries or the power adapter. I got the batteries (Powerex 2700) and it basically became a new vaporizer. Totally worth the $14 I spent on them.

Quetzalcoatl,

skippy

Hey Quetzalcaotl, I'm still using the stock batteries I have 4 of them now but I notice one of them seems to work better than the others, I get better, bigger hits. I want to get the power adaptor but I like the portable feel of batteries. Do you think the 2700 powerex are that much better? like do you think you get more vapor? I have heard they don't last as long, though I don't really care about that, bigger hits even if I have to replace them every few months would compensate for that.

EDIT, I forgot to ask, can you charge the 2700 powerex batteries in the standard MFLB charger?

skippy,

Quetzalcoatl

Hey Quetzalcaotl, I'm still using the stock batteries I have 4 of them now but I notice one of them seems to work better than the others, I get better, bigger hits. I want to get the power adaptor but I like the portable feel of batteries. Do you think the 2700 powerex are that much better? like do you think you get more vapor? I have heard they don't last as long, though I don't really care about that, bigger hits even if I have to replace them every few months would compensate for that.
I only had two batteries with mine, so it was kind of a pain to use my box sometimes. One night I took out the o-ring and stupidly put it in my pocket. Somehow the way I was sitting down pushed the battery into the box and completed the circuit, and turned my packed trench totally black. The battery was SO hot I couldn't even hold it with my hands. Wrapped it up in a bunch of clothes for the night and did the best I could to remove the taste and smell from my box. Ever since then, one of the batteries was always weaker than the other. I could only ever get 3-4 good hits from it before it was dead. The other one worked fine.

After a while I finally pulled the trigger and bought 4 Powerex 2700's from Amazon for a whole $14. I don't regret it in the slightest. I'm getting thick hot vapors out of the box in 2 seconds flat. I can safely say that I can vape approximately 3 trenches per battery comfortably. I dunno what you mean by "they don't last as long" ?

Quetzalcoatl,

skippy

I dunno what you mean by "they don't last as long" ?
I thought I'd read on this somewhere way back that the 2700 powerex don't last as long as the standard, like you cant recharge them as many times, as I said, not that I really care if you get better hits.
What about charging them, can you just use the standard MFLB charger to charge the 2700 batteries?

skippy,

Quetzalcoatl

I thought I'd read on this somewhere way back that the 2700 powerex don't last as long as the standard, like you cant recharge them as many times, as I said, not that I really care if you get better hits.
What about charging them, can you just use the standard MFLB charger to charge the 2700 batteries?
That's what I've been using, yeah.

Quetzalcoatl,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Can you use the 2700 batteries as they come or do you have to peel them off.
All batteries used with the LB must be peeled. The 2700 work well with the LB, but do not hold the charge as long as the stock batteries. There are also reports that they do not hold up as long. Also, when a battery has been severely overheated, there is a good chance it will not work well anymore.

So good to hear you enjoyed your first magic flight jeffp! Welcome aboard! :D

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Glad you love it jeffp,try the micro hits, works amaziingly well. I get hits the same i do on a bigger vape with microhits....., I need me some batteries for 420 cause will be in the park for a while without a plug and dont want to resort to combustion if everything dies. Will consider some of the ones i read above.

YoGranMazPimp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Glad you love it jeffp,try the micro hits, works amaziingly well. I get hits the same i do on a bigger vape with microhits....., I need me some batteries for 420 cause will be in the park for a while without a plug and dont want to resort to combustion if everything dies. Will consider some of the ones i read above.

"micro hits" as in little tea sipping type hits? yes, that's exactly what I did as I went along.
there is definitely a bit of a learning curve to this but it's very simple and intuitive, like riding a bike, once you ride it correctly once.

jeffp,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Lol yeah I think of it like learning to eat with chopsticks, after a while of not getting none, you'll get the hang of it.

YoGranMazPimp,
Top Bottom