Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Anyone know where I can find an MFLB charger? I couldn't find the sole charger on blissvile.. or something that will work the same as the stock charger?

Elluzion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
i like youre bubbler bigDaddy.dig the grommets and the home made diffuser, and all for zero cash.cool man

Has anyone heard anything about a new magic flight vape.they said that they would release something towards the end of the year in a previous post if I m not mistaken.I need to email them anyway.My button no longer clicks on my PA so i ve returned for a replacement.

magicflight said they were working on a new product, not a new vaporizer. From other comments, I think he was referring to an accessory for concentrates.

pakalolo,
Does that metal strip where the battery makes contact with affect the heating of the box? Cause my idoit friend decided to tamper with it but i dont think he really moved it, but the thing has some give to it.

FormerVapor24,

OF

Does that metal strip where the battery makes contact with affect the heating of the box? Cause my idoit friend decided to tamper with it but i dont think he really moved it, but the thing has some give to it.

Not really sure what you mean by 'strip', there are no strips I know of, just two (round) rods. One at the bottom of the well makes contact with the positive, a ring on the other rod makes contact with the body. The latter should have some spring in it ideally. But as long as solid contact is made (normal light?) heating will be normal, all the heat is generated in the screen mesh and inside the battery for practical purposes.

Does this answer it?

OF

OF,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think that "give" might be the pushback ring, but you haven't given enough details. Does the LB still work? Are you referring to the contact strip at the back of the battery hole?

If you are, then the answer is yes. If the battery/PA can't make contact with that strip the LB won't heat up. If it makes poor contact, the LB performance will be degraded.

pakalolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
not straight on the screen. you will need napkin, cotton,... a holder/pad/tray of some type to contain the "budder". be careful that it does not combust

Vitolo,
I think that "give" might be the pushback ring, but you haven't given enough details. Does the LB still work? Are you referring to the contact strip at the back of the battery hole?

If you are, then the answer is yes. If the battery/PA can't make contact with that strip the LB won't heat up. If it makes poor contact, the LB performance will be degraded.

Its the metal strip that the positive end of the battery makes contact with, the one inside the battery hole behind the pushback. It was tampered with but i dont know how badly or if it was damaged, if it could be. Well the box works, the light works, but i have not used the box 2 weeks, T-Break, i am just wondering in general, can that strip cause the box to heat abnormally. I notice that the strip has some give to it and it can slightly move.

FormerVapor24,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Lost my brush :( any other household alternatives to the brush to clean the trench? right now im pressing a qtip so its firm and brushing the herb around

NotPotRelated,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
As someone posted ages ago, what about the brush that comes with clippers / electric shavers. I know I had a couple spare laying around. You might too?

Or your lady/mum may have a spare make-up brush.

J.R.R.Tokin',

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Lost my brush :( any other household alternatives to the brush to clean the trench? right now im pressing a qtip so its firm and brushing the herb around
You can get replacement brushes from Magic Flight. But, you can also go to your local hardware or home improvement store and get a soldering brush. They're under a dollar.

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Vitolo

OF

I'm not sure I'd call it household but as long as others are stretching that definition far enough to get to the hardware store, how about the art store instead?

I recommend boar bristle artists brushes. Other types will work, but I've been using boar bristle with great success. You can chop the handle off easily (most are wood) and cutting the bristles shorter (scissors) makes them stiffer. For MFLB I use about 1/4 inch exposed. My current favorite size is "number 4", a little over 1/4 wide. Cutting the bristles at an angle can give you a nice tool for getting into the corners, you might want to get a few to play with?

OF

OF,
Reactions: Kief

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
All of those suggestions will work, but only the solder brush is designed to withstand heat.

pakalolo,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
All of those suggestions will work, but only the solder brush is designed to withstand heat.
I don't think anyone will be using it to brush hot metal. The mesh on the MF is comfortably touchable after about 3 seconds, so unless your cleaning it with the battery/pa pushed in the heat is a non-issue imo

J.R.R.Tokin',

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't think anyone will be using it to brush hot metal. The mesh on the MF is comfortably touchable after about 3 seconds, so unless your cleaning it with the battery/pa pushed in the heat is a non-issue imo

I disagree. Lots of people including me have brushed the hot screen during a cleaning cycle.

pakalolo,
pakalolo said:

If you are, then the answer is yes. If the battery/PA can't make contact with that strip the LB won't heat up. If it makes poor contact, the LB performance will be degraded.​

Its the metal strip that the positive end of the battery makes contact with, the one inside the battery hole behind the pushback. It was tampered with but i dont know how badly or if it was damaged, if it could be. Well the box works, the light works, but i have not used the box 2 weeks, T-Break, i am just wondering in general, can that strip cause the box to heat abnormally. I notice that the strip has some give to it and it can slightly move.

FormerVapor24,

Mflbparox

i love my magic flight and everything and with the power adapter that i got a couple months back its just been RIPPING but i just got an omicron and cant wait for the herb cart i think filling the whole herb cart with kief will be the best thing ever so i guess im parting with my mflb and gonna sell it for cheap

Mflbparox,

Mechtradevil20

Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich Enthusiast
Does anyone else sometimes hit their box with the water adapter as a stem? I've been experimenting with it.. the nice wide glass joint makes it easy to see your swirling vapor start to build up and visually see how much you're really getting/the thickness of the vapor cloud. It helps me regulate each hit, seems to cool it somewhat better, and can deliver crazy clouds if you want it to. To me using it is a much more pleasant experience than with the regular stem that just shoots hot vapor right at your throat. Sorta ridiculous but I haven't had the pleasure of using the adapter with an actual waterpipe yet haha

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Does anyone else sometimes hit their box with the water adapter as a stem? I've been experimenting with it.. the nice wide glass joint makes it easy to see your swirling vapor start to build up and visually see how much you're really getting/the thickness of the vapor cloud. It helps me regulate each hit, seems to cool it somewhat better, and can deliver crazy clouds if you want it to. To me using it is a much more pleasant experience than with the regular stem that just shoots hot vapor right at your throat. Sorta ridiculous but I haven't had the pleasure of using the adapter with an actual waterpipe yet haha

Interesting suggestion! I'll try that for my next sesh. I'm a new LB user and just got the water pipe adapter a few days ago. I tried it tonight for the first time. I REALLY liked it. Got some thick, tasty clouds. And it's very comfortable through water.

photo1bo.jpg
photo2ul.jpg

Vapinghole,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

Weird... I just got my MFLB brush today!

20120311_184650.jpg

Just kidding. #8 Acrylic paint brush trimmed bristles 1/2, cut down wood to fit in my Burton The Kit bag, some sandpaper to take off the varnish finish, then my 7-1 butane torch kit, to burn in the design. Could be better, but it impressed my wife.

Top Bottom