OF

My MFLB ABV always came out super green - and it wasn't til I got my Solo did I try to get my MFLB ABV to as brown as the Solo can.

So I realized I can keep vaping that MFLB til it got nice and brown too.

I'll second that one. It can be done, but it's technique driven. You have to 'get it into high temperature mode' to get the rest out. I'm sure there are many ways to learn this, but what ended up doing was to intentionally try to get it as close to combustion as I could. I'd cycle fresh batteries in every few hits, and try to draw as slowly as I possibly could within say a 20 second hit window. Not that I use it at that point, but the exercise of doing it gave me confidence (?) to take normal trenches more that way. Grind it fine enough and hit it slowly enough and shake between enough hits and you'll get most everything there is. But you have to push it a mite past the 'doesn't seem to be working right' point. Get brave, try to screw it up and see what happens.

Good luck, it will work, and it's worth sorting out IMO.

OF

OF,
Reactions: sessnet

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
I'll second that one. It can be done, but it's technique driven. You have to 'get it into high temperature mode' to get the rest out. I'm sure there are many ways to learn this, but what ended up doing was to intentionally try to get it as close to combustion as I could. I'd cycle fresh batteries in every few hits, and try to draw as slowly as I possibly could within say a 20 second hit window. Not that I use it at that point, but the exercise of doing it gave me confidence (?) to take normal trenches more that way. Grind it fine enough and hit it slowly enough and shake between enough hits and you'll get most everything there is. But you have to push it a mite past the 'doesn't seem to be working right' point. Get brave, try to screw it up and see what happens.

Good luck, it will work, and it's worth sorting out IMO.

OF

Do you find that the taste of the herb gets progressively more harsh as you do this?

sydnee,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Do you find that the taste of the herb gets progressively more harsh as you do this?

Yes it does. I think I must have a higher tolerance for the shitty taste than most because my LB ABV is a dark brown, but near the end it tastes pretty raunchy. On the other hand, it is still giving up a lot of vapour so I just ignore the taste and keep going. As mentioned, you do have to get your technique right.

pakalolo,

OF

Yes, it gets harsher. But I don't think I'd call it progressive. To me the nature seems to change slowly to a point then abruptly 'go south'. At that point you're half a heartbeat from serious combustion....best plan is to stop the draw like already... 'Hit the chicken switch' (let go of the battery) too, of course, but that's pretty natural. The key is to choke off the airflow so it doesn't flare before it can cool off. A fine line, but once you get a feel for it you're in a better position to control the heat. Or at least I think I am. Or was. At that time at least......

OF

OF,

mscm888

I came home today and was dissapointed to find the button on my PA no longer "clicks". It still works but that worries me. I've only had it a few weeks too.

Has anyone had this happen to their PA and fixed it?

mscm888,

Ville23

I'm sure they will replace it, no problem.
That's yet another great thing about the MFLB...the amazing warranty & customer service!

Ville23,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
Hey has anyone ever seen a PA available in a local store for sale? I want to pick one up this weekend, but hate waiting.

YoGranMazPimp,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I love...LOVE my LB. And Ed's flame maple stem is a nice touch.

Ok. I'm going in. If I'm not back in ~30 minutes, tell my wife I love her. :peace:

image1jj.jpg

Vapinghole,

ThirdGunman

^^First, very nice setup there Vapinghole! That PA looks so official. Need to get me one. :) The quality photos and reviews have really turned me around since the betas. Also, Ed's stems, along with every other wood product he has on his site is just... for lack of a better word, amazing!

Second, I would like to add my :2c: on the smell issue. I have had my box for roughly half a year and besides brushing the trench out after every session and cleaning the screen when the bars get buildup (with iso and the box upside down) I will leave the box open and usually upside down (to avoid dust and what not). Slow air circulation helps, but don't leave it in a humid environment which might mess with the wood or metal, I would also avoid leaving it in high heat or direct sunlight since the cover is open. I leave mine resting on a glass jar with the trench hanging over the edge at night, and then load up a fresh trench in the morning.

It's important to keep in mind that vapor does flow over the wood of this vape, so it's expected that some smell will stick to the surfaces. Protect the wood you can touch with butcher's block oil, or something like zappolish from aromazap (I've been using the PD buzzbutter, but due to obvious complications I'll be using Rick's or UD's product in the future). Anyway, bottom line, let it air out. If this doesn't cut it, and you have some serious build up under your screen you might want to check out some of the youtube videos, where I know at least one dude cleans underneath the screen, but I really don't advise this.

ThirdGunman,

OF

Ok. I'm going in. If I'm not back in ~30 minutes, tell my wife I love her. :peace:

A compassionate thought for sure, brings a tear to the eye. I, for one, am willing to back you up on this. Just in case, please give me the address so I can do so in person? Might as well pick up your old PA at the same time, right? I mean you won't need it any more.....

Come to think of it, how about posting a photo of the wife? I mean as long as I'm out there.....

Just thinking ahead. I'm sure you'd do the same for me?

OF

Edit: Fixed formatting

OF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
A compassionate thought for sure, brings a tear to the eye. I, for one, am willing to back you up on this. Just in case, please give me the address so I can do so in person? Might as well pick up your old PA at the same time, right? I mean you won't need it any more.....

Come to think of it, how about posting a photo of the wife? I mean as long as I'm out there.....

Just thinking ahead. I'm sure you'd do the same for me?

OF

Edit: Fixed formatting

mfr_omg.gif
Beat me to it!

Wait... PA, wife...

HA! I claim the sweet stem and the box!
boxing.gif

On a side note: combusted my first trench in my new MFLB tonight. Really sparked that sucker up to. Was determined to squeeze that last little bit, out of the trench and hung onto the PA button, literally a second too long. GrrRrrr!

BigDaddyVapor,

OF

mfr_omg.gif
Beat me to it!

Wait... PA, wife...

HA! I claim the sweet stem and the box!
boxing.gif

On a side note: combusted my first trench in my new MFLB tonight. Really sparked that sucker up to. Was determined to squeeze that last little bit, out of the trench and hung onto the PA button, literally a second too long. GrrRrrr!

Fair call on the stem and box. 'cides which, sounds like you could use a fresh one about now? You know if we can get a few more vapes and babes in this deal, maybe we can pool our money and see if we can arrange say an accident on his way home from work? Just thinking out loud, of course.

Back on topic for a moment, bummer about the fire in your box. I did that once, it's not something you really want to do again any time soon is it? If you think about the moment just before it blew up, just as it started to 'go south', didn't it seem to kind of shift gears WRT the nature of the hit? I found I can sense that 'better duck fast' moment and back away in time. Barely.

Anyway, the box should clean up fine over time. Mine did, and others have made the same comments. My take is if you're smelling it, it's left the box and is not coming back. Eventually everything (smell wise) that can leave the box, has left and it no longer smells (given favorable conditions). Airing it out helped a lot in my case and over time I think was the key. I also did a couple cycles of IPA and brush with 'burn in' cycles between. Eventually, I bought a couple of tasty top shelf grams and ground each up and spent the weekend charging batteries and trying to decide which I liked best. I'm happy to report Headband reemerged as a personal favorite, and somewhere along the line my box forgave me. I was forgiven; the taste was gone, we were back to being best friends. I like happy endings, don't you?

OF

OF,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Fair call on the stem and box. 'cides which, sounds like you could use a fresh one about now? You know if we can get a few more vapes and babes in this deal, maybe we can pool our money and see if we can arrange say an accident on his way home from work? Just thinking out loud, of course.

Hey... just for laughs, we could do sort of a Weekend at Bernie's type deal.
weekendatbernies-1.jpg

Back on topic for a moment, bummer about the fire in your box. I did that once, it's not something you really want to do again any time soon is it? If you think about the moment just before it blew up, just as it started to 'go south', didn't it seem to kind of shift gears WRT the nature of the hit? I found I can sense that 'better duck fast' moment and back away in time. Barely

Oh, I've combusted more than my fair share, in my old box, as it was my real significant entry into vapor (and I can't really ever see it changing, unless I have money to burn). This is my warranty box. Its not all the way broken in and my PA is marked for the old box... so still trying to find sweet spot. I did get that instant realization right before it burst, but not being ready for it, at that setting and time, it threw me off. :ugh:

Anyway, the box should clean up fine over time. Mine did, and others have made the same comments. My take is if you're smelling it, it's left the box and is not coming back. Eventually everything (smell wise) that can leave the box, has left and it no longer smells (given favorable conditions). Airing it out helped a lot in my case and over time I think was the key. I also did a couple cycles of IPA and brush with 'burn in' cycles between. Eventually, I bought a couple of tasty top shelf grams and ground each up and spent the weekend charging batteries and trying to decide which I liked best. I'm happy to report Headband reemerged as a personal favorite, and somewhere along the line my box forgave me. I was forgiven; the taste was gone, we were back to being best friends. I like happy endings, don't you?

OF

Yeah, I dropped the trench and immediately gave it a cleaning. I blow out first, inside and out, then stiff bristle (stock brush) and ISO, burn. Blow out again to clear and cool. Repeat... then use my soft bristle brush (shorty paintbrush I trimmed). I picked up and medicated with some Green Crack earlier. Good stuff and I'm getting too acclimated to my Chem Dawg. Now, just chillin' doing a couple trenches of Purple Kush.

BigDaddyVapor,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I knew I could count on you guys! Thankfully, I emerged safely and live to vape another day!

Vapinghole,

OF

I knew I could count on you guys! Thankfully, I emerged safely and live to vape another day!

Yup! Training, skill, teamwork and superior equipment paid off when blind luck let us down.

Happens like that.......

Glad to hear it was a fast and full recovery, I thought you'd been around the circus for a while but figured it's a good drill to spell out for the new guys?

Thanks for the confirm that you can sense combustion about to blow up in your face and back off, but I can easily see how a new box and old PA settings are two strikes against you in that respect.

For something that seems so cheap to make and simple in design as the LB it turns out to be a robust, well performing almost elegant tool. I own and use a couple and recommend them to all inclined. Even when other 'better vapes' are in use, they're like VG and Vapeman to me....neat designs that are just plain fun to play with sometimes. Like old British sports cars....only they work.

OF

OF,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
After hitting my box on the way home last night, i began to see my light dwindle. Realizing what was happening, i popped in the other battery, which had did its job on a trench earlier. It also was weak and soon died as well. I said never again will i be without power for my box, so today i ordered my PA and VPA for my LB. Cant wait for it to come! The waiting begins!

Got a couple new stems from the contest ed ran. Check out the glamour shots! Loving the cocobolo, its smooth like glass!

33z7edt.jpg

YoGranMazPimp,
Reactions: sessnet

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Actually the bottom one is replacement for the upper one. That is one leg in grave now. But I'll continue to use the old one until it craps out. I want it to die naturally by use. I will not speed it up. The new one can wait. Oh and the photo shows the contrast of them. Just look at the mouth-holes of them. One so clean and the other midnight black :D

Oh I wanted so much to wait all the two weeks without trying the new one so I could make a "brand-new" photo. Failed so high :D It is already used three times.

Seek,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
That has high probability of fail. They perfrom differently. Also why. One box powered with PA is enough. The new one kicks from batteries too.

Seek,

OF

I dunno...was just a thought... find a discovery, or build yourself a wooden Persei :p

Oh, I like this. A 'Luddite Special Edition'. Maybe even steam power? Electricity is so undependable you know.

Maybe we can get the Vapeman guys in on the design as well?

OF

OF,
Top Bottom