pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Someone asked (emailed) if I can post the picture of my "EXPLO-DEAD" MFLB battery. Here tis:

mflbbattery.jpg

Basically, I left it in a pocket without the endcaps, it touched something metal (coin/key?), and started smoking and hissing. It spit that nasty black stuff all over my floor, and I almost has a heart attack because it was smoking, hot, hissing loud, and scared the life out me.

I thought it would blow up! But, it didn't. :ko:

Using the xF theme this post is unreadable. I assume you set the text colour to pure white.

ili said:
the times that I needed to use the box in public didn't make me feel very comfortable with the stealthiness. This was due to the constant shaking it would take to vape uniformly and the long draw times. You just magnetise the looks. I'm talking about airports, bars, you name it. I believe Solo inside a plastic coffee cup with the stealth adapter and a straw will be the stealthiest vaping experience ever...

Why would you shake it in plain sight? When I stealth-hit my LB I don't shake it until I've moved it out of sight.

Also, your Solo stealth is strong but my LB stealth will defeat you. There are lots of places using the Solo "stealth" (in a coffee/drink cup) will look conspicuous (a nice restaurant for example) but me covering my mouth for a yawn or just resting my chin in my hands would look completely normal.

pakalolo,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
@qbit the embedded youtube vids are cool, nice change. i didnt see what you were refering to going well with your LB, as all the girl in the vid showed off was the LB

YoGranMazPimp,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That's blubrrydzl and I found her first. I have IRC logs to prove it, so you dudes just back off!

pakalolo,

natural farmer

Why would you shake it in plain sight? When I stealth-hit my LB I don't shake it until I've moved it out of sight.

Also, your Solo stealth is strong but my LB stealth will defeat you. There are lots of places using the Solo "stealth" (in a coffee/drink cup) will look conspicuous (a nice restaurant for example) but me covering my mouth for a yawn or just resting my chin in my hands would look completely normal.

You've got a point there but I guess it depends on the scenario every time. My scenarios would benefit from the wSs (weak Solo stealth) though! :lol:

natural farmer,

OF

Basically, I left it in a pocket without the endcaps, it touched something metal (coin/key?), and started smoking and hissing. It spit that nasty black stuff all over my floor, and I almost has a heart attack because it was smoking, hot, hissing loud, and scared the life out me.

I thought it would blow up! But, it didn't. :ko:

Hey, it could have been right next to your private parts......or maybe it was?

Now THAT will get you back into church, darn near every time.

OF

OF,
Reactions: sessnet

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I did pray to god afterward, had to pinch myself, and looked down if I still had a body.

The battery wasn't in my pants, but it was on the inside of my jacket, right next to my heart :o

I'm an easy scare when it comes to thrill rides, I even cry on childrens rollercoasters, but looking down and seeing myself smoking isn't something I'd pay to experience again.

sessnet,

Qbit

cannabanana
No, that's my ex. She didn't want to leave, so I had to pick her up and take her away. Now I need a new human female for my nefarious experiments. :evil:

Qbit,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Just registered my LB with Magic Flight and wanted to express my extreme satisfaction. What great, personal, caring service!

Thank you, Magic Flight Family!!

johnquach

some questions.
1. im about to order the powerex 2700s, is there a good difference between those and the stock batteries? do u see more visible vapor?

2. my friend says that he never feels anything from the magic flight, even after 2-3 trenches. is it because he is too used to smoking? or is he just not hitting it right?

johnquach,

enjoi123

Glass Master
some questions.
1. im about to order the powerex 2700s, is there a good difference between those and the stock batteries? do u see more visible vapor?

2. my friend says that he never feels anything from the magic flight, even after 2-3 trenches. is it because he is too used to smoking? or is he just not hitting it right?

He is most defiantly not hitting it right. Show him the youtube video on the proper draw techniques and make sure he is holding in the vapor as long as possible. A visable cloud is just wasted vapor. About the batteries, I purchased the 2700's a while back and the only noticeable difference I felt was that they lasted a little longer. For me, the quality of the hit was the same and both had about the same temperature. Just my two cents, i'm sure some people have seen a noticeable difference between them.
Edit: Here's the video

Qbit

cannabanana
some questions.

Maybe you're not grinding your weed well enough, which you need to do to get better contact with the mesh screen. This is much easier to do when you pre-dry your bud, eg by leaving it on a warm appliance like a TV for a few hours. But don't do it more than a couple of days in advance, as the cannabinoids will degrade more quickly in crispy dry herb.

And don't let your friend try your MFLB after smoking weed - he needs it to be his first hit of the day. Otherwise it's like trying to savour a glass of nectar after drinking a cup of bongwater. And his technique is probably off anyway.

If all else fails, consult the massive, highly comprehensive MFLB entry on Vaporpedia. Just about every question you could imagine asking about the MFLB, plus loads more that would have never occurred to you, are all answered there:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

Qbit,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Another member discovered that the smell wasn't from the LB, it was the stem. Could this be your issue too?

Any time I start smelling the stink, I would check my stem. Since it broke and I made a few whips... its the same way. They reek... the box smells fine.

BigDaddyVapor,

Ok I've had my Launch Box for a while now and it's working out great! I was wondering what people have found is the idea grinder to get it super fine for the trench? I use either a small 2 or large 4 piece Space Case but I find if you only use a trench worth it doesn't grind it fine enough. I saw on Ebay a green anodized Mendo Mulcher which he doesn't have for sale on his site that mentioned it had more teeth for a smaller grinder than any of his other grinders that was PERFECT FOR VAPORIZERS. I emailed him about it but never responded. I think maybe they were prototypes as there were only 3 or 4 I saw that were sold by him in that color on his past completed auctions. So what does everyone here use?

Also where does one buy those exotic wood SHORTY stems by Ed? How much are they?

1828K,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
This is totally off topic, and for that I apologize, but I want to know why my avatar pot leaf isn't spinning and changing colors like it used to. When I go to my profile page, it's working perfectly, but here it's all ugly and not spinning. Anybody have any thoughts?

sydnee,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ok I've had my Launch Box for a while now and it's working out great! I was wondering what people have found is the idea grinder to get it super fine for the trench? I use either a small 2 or large 4 piece Space Case but I find if you only use a trench worth it doesn't grind it fine enough. I saw on Ebay a green anodized Mendo Mulcher which he doesn't have for sale on his site that mentioned it had more teeth for a smaller grinder than any of his other grinders that was PERFECT FOR VAPORIZERS. I emailed him about it but never responded. I think maybe they were prototypes as there were only 3 or 4 I saw that were sold by him in that color on his past completed auctions. So what does everyone here use?

Also where does one buy those exotic wood SHORTY stems by Ed? How much are they?

#Ed's# For Ed's Stems.

Best grinder is I have found is the Mini Head Chef grinder which is perfect for the MFLB ime.

J.R.R.Tokin',

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
This is totally off topic, and for that I apologize, but I want to know why my avatar pot leaf isn't spinning and changing colors like it used to. When I go to my profile page, it's working perfectly, but here it's all ugly and not spinning. Anybody have any thoughts?

This came up in the test forum. If I recall my research correctly, this software is supposed to handle animated avatars if the option is turned on, but it has to be using the correct Imagick library, and there was a bug which might or might not be fixed. I'm not surprised, since resizing animated GIFs is not simple and XenForo has to resize it in a few places.

Over to you, vtac...

pakalolo,

OF

OK. I usually use a coffee grinder to grind a few grams at a time, so no issues there. Smaller batches end up in the 2 piece space case sometimes.

However, for a single trench size load, the MFLB grinder is ideal IMO (go figure....). Have you considered it?

OF

OF,

VapeVoice

Hi everyone. Looking for a little help here. I bought a MFLB about a year ago. I found it cool and used it a bit. But it just didn't get me where I needed to be. I have since bought a Solo and LOVE it!! I plan on buying an SSV in the next few weeks for home use. Use the Solo for travel. But, I would still like to use the MFLB for those times when being stealth is a factor. What can I do to get a more pleasurable experience form my launch box. As it is now I feel its OK for maintaining and keeping my medication levels up but, not for getting me to that point initially. Am I doing something wrong?

VapeVoice,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Hi everyone. Looking for a little help here. I bought a MFLB about a year ago. I found it cool and used it a bit. But it just didn't get me where I needed to be. I have since bought a Solo and LOVE it!! I plan on buying an SSV in the next few weeks for home use. Use the Solo for travel. But, I would still like to use the MFLB for those times when being stealth is a factor. What can I do to get a more pleasurable experience form my launch box. As it is now I feel its OK for maintaining and keeping my medication levels up but, not for getting me to that point initially. Am I doing something wrong?

My MFLB ABV always came out super green - and it wasn't til I got my Solo did I try to get my MFLB ABV to as brown as the Solo can.

So I realized I can keep vaping that MFLB til it got nice and brown too.

I think that's about the most that can be done? Aside from holding it in longer, or other tricks like that :)

sessnet,
Reactions: Lo
Top Bottom