1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

He explained.....
    he has to choke it down.
    Perhaps when he "dumps" it.. he feels his other cooking ingredients and time have been wasted.
    One can give ABV away to thise that smoke ... some like it. or it can be washed with Iso ot=r blasted with butane to capture the residuals.
    some folks don't like "messin' with it"

smatter, deadheadbill, axakal and 2 others like this.
  2. Meth0tica

Meth0tica Active Member

What do I need to change so it doesn't happen again?

3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Inhale faster. If you inhale slowly, the screen's temperature gets hotter. If you inhale faster, the screen will cool down. It seems you are not pulling faster to account for the heat rising. Use the heat of the vapor to indicate when to draw faster or slower. The combustion taste will fade away with time. A quick cleaning of the screen with the brush and a drop or two of Isopropyl Alcohol (preferably 91%+) wouldn't hurt either, but don't sit there trying to scrub the taste out, it won't work. You'll find the taste goes away after a few trenches and fades away after a few more. I've completely ruined at least 3 trenches due to blackening the entire load or just straight-up cherrying it. The taste always fades away.

smatter, axakal, nopartofme and 2 others like this.
  4. Meth0tica

Meth0tica Active Member

Thanks, appreciate it. I got caught looking at all the vapor in the box instead of inhaling and guess I cooked it :)

nopartofme likes this.
  5. noart45

noart45 many trips create journey so let's magic fly:)

I like Magic Flight Box it's very good and fun:)

6. ehakim

ehakim Well-Known Member

I always thought the more you fill the trench the more effective it is, since more material is in contact with the screen you get more vapor with less effort

7. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

This is true in principle but the increase in area contacting the screen when you go from 2/3 of a trench to full is not really much.

axakal, OF, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  8. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

If you keep packing much higher past 2/3, and certainly when packing past full, you are mostly just adding more material to where the heat isn't and contributing to gunking along the rails. I also find an over filled trench is harder to shake properly. Too much stuff to move around. Harder to tell when you've shaken it well and therefore harder to cook evenly. I prefer to cook more evenly and pack more often.

I do understand the energy efficiency aspect of packing it up to the rails every time. But, I also think it's important to note that the MFLB really performs no matter how little you give it. Between vaping tiny loads and cooking ABV to coffee colors, the 'box will completely change your habits in times of drought, if you're one who has to deal with such things. I was among the worst back in the day, scraping tarry resin out of Home Depot plumbing bits jammed into a plastic bottle… For a good few years… Thanks once again must go to Magic-Flight. And to everyone involved in this thread and in FC at large of course!

smatter, axakal, OF and 3 others like this.
  9. escierdanyc

escierdanyc Active Member

My friends: Yo did you check out the new XYZ vaporizer that's gonna come out next month? Let's get one.

Me: Word. I already preordered.

*One session with the MFLB*

Me: You know what? Fuck that shit.

Seriously, this little vape is so awesome because of how versatile and personal it is. You can put a tiny ass bit and it'll last you for 2 sessions. You can fill it up to the rails, and if you're like me, it can last up to 2 days even. I say that this vaporizer is personal because it literally works in conjunction to you! You vape for 3 seconds, it does the job for exactly 3 seconds. No wasted herb, no pervading stench, no gook to clean (I only have to brush it a bit but nowhere near as nasty as the DaVinci got. Hmm.. that might be the only drawback, very little flavor compared to other vaporizers-- a price worth sacrificing for how well this vape is doing for my mind, body, and paper.

"I LIKE MY POCKETS FAT NOT FLAT"

10. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

I find the first few hits to be incredibly tasty. :2c:

smatter, axakal and nopartofme like this.
  11. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

a friend of mine was in a hospital for a few days because of a broken leg. guess, what he used for pain relief around the clueless staff.

12. luchiano

luchiano Well-Known Member

"Get money huh, get money y'all"

WOW, I wasn't expecting that here. That was my shit.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  13. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Basically yeah. I used to save all my ABV and add it the weed I used for blasting or cooking. But that ABV was when I would stop vaping while it was still tasting good. Nowadays, that is the only abv I save, the fully vaped dark brown stuff I dump.

14. thunderfunk

thunderfunk Member

Just had my first multi MFLP/PA/WPW sesh with my buddy that I talked into buying it.

He couldn't be happier and I am extremely lifted!

15. HighlyEducatedScholar

HighlyEducatedScholar Student of Vapor

Amsterdam and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  16. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Member

Received my PIU order yesterday, 2 walnut LB's, 2 walnut stems & 2 vape cases;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Randy from PuffItUp really hooked us up with an awesome deal on our custom combo's!
    My brother and I really appreciate it, and we digg our walnut setup as well as the new powerful batteries that came with it.

17. 3serieSensi

3serieSensi Well-Known Member

sweeet setup. serious biz.
    so what batteries? best rechargeables for this are...?

Amsterdam likes this.
  18. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Member

Thnx, it's in addition to what we already had;

[​IMG]

As for the batteries, the best imo are the ones that came with the walnut, tbh I don't know the actual number of amperage.
    I have 5 batteries that came with the maple box 1,5 years ago, they still do the job.
    Recently ordered 2 of eBay, where the seller claims it to be more powerful than the old MFLB equipped ones, and I can vouch for that. For now I experience the eBay ones to be equal to the latest MFLB ones. But you won't have the logos on those, plus I would still have to see in the long run.
    Of course the PA is in another league.

Everyone thnx for the likes..!
    Oh, btw, the walnuts also came with a new (to me anyway) black charger which is slightly smaller than the white one in this pic, and it has the logo in color, plus I think it looks better.
    And the known tin box was padded now.

19. nopartofme

Those batteries are indeed the best: the ones that Magic-Flight is currently shipping with the walnut and cherry (premium) boxes. They're Magic-Flight branded and apparently made according to custom design by Magic-Flight. Right now that's the only way to get them; by ordering a premium kit. MF plans to hopefully sell them separately in the future. In the mean time we can potentially look forward to seeing them included in the maple kits sometime this summer, as reported by Axakal in this post.

That charger is definitely new. I've seen two boxes purchased new in October and December 2012, and both came with a black charger bearing a white MF logo.

By the way, is it just me or is their logo amazing? Anything with their logo on it just looks cool…

Amsterdam likes this.
  20. 3serieSensi

3serieSensi Well-Known Member

Cool guys. I have a MFLB, got it for 20 us dollars and haven't really used it- I think the batteries were just never right as I couldn't get the thing to work. I'll try charge up some batteries and try it again

RUDE BOY and Amsterdam like this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Good plan, be advised you need specific batteries (most don't work well) and well charged to play. Does your unit have the light? If so, it's a good clue when you're starting out, pay attention to it.

OF

Vicki and Amsterdam like this.
  22. b0

b0 Vapor powered

As I said before, PIU is selling maple kits with the new batteries. Don't need to wait till summer.

Buildozer, nopartofme and Amsterdam like this.
  23. nopartofme

Hey! I totally missed that. Good looking out, and grats on the new batteries!

b0 likes this.
  24. noart45

noart45 many trips create journey so let's magic fly:)

MFLB is great. would be great if it was easier to clean the metallic screen. Why not use separate adapter that connects to the top (after the chamber is opened) and sucks out any residue. I would imagine 9V battery should be powerful enough to do it....

or maybe some redesign where the screen can be manually replaced....

25. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

My box was returned to me last night after being on loan for a year and a half or more . the person who had it just ordered the walnut box and a FV for themselves but kept my PA to use with their new MFLB , I'll get some Herb and the new batteries for the PA[can't really vape close to an outlet at this time anyways] , sounds good to me . Just did a trench and love this thing, it was the first vape I really used to Fuck Combustion. Nice to have it back in rotation . May Ya'll Have A Very Magic Flight Day !!!

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors