1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Ukulele no good!

Ukulele no good! New Member

That's actually just a standard bud tube one of my pickups came in. When I ordered my finishing grinder I asked if they had any stickers. You can see the MFLB sticker pretty clearly - the one you don't see is wrapped over the other side and is the MF logo you see on the lid of the tin, with the 'love is stronger' message.

ehakim and nopartofme like this.
  2. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

I don't know how many in here own both a launch box and a Cera, but I figured out a pretty neat "adapter" earlier to let me use my Cera mouthpiece with my launch box. The Cera mouthpiece is made of high grade ceramic and includes a built in "UFO" system to filter and cool the vapor. It was the cooling that I was interested in here. As a side bonus, it also restricts the draw a little bit. I find this helps, in the launch box's case.

This is the Cera mouthpiece:

[​IMG]

This is the silicone heat shield accessory for the Cera. It helps keep your lips cooler when you're using the Cera with flowers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

In this case, it's our launch box adapter. You see, if you put in on backwards…

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Voila :science: The inner diameter of the opening at the smaller end is too large for use with a stem or whip, which was my first instict, but it's actually small enough that you can mate it fairly easily right against the launch box itself. It stays put nicely without having to be held in place with your hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It works well!

[​IMG]

3. escierdanyc

escierdanyc Active Member

Maybe it's because I'm baked from using the MFLB on the train home but I don't understand how that works without holding the mouthpiece to the box.

4. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

The pressure from holding the launch box up behind it is enough the hold it in place over the hole is what I mean. It doesn't tend to slip, so you don't really need an extra hand to stabilize it or anything, past initially bringing it to your mouth.

5. ehakim

ehakim Well-Known Member

I want the concentrate tray sooooo bad

6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Cool. I've got one here you might be interested in...if you're OK with the serial number being filed off.....
    How much money you got?

OF

7. ehakim

ehakim Well-Known Member

Name your price :D( if you're serious), why no serial # tho? A warranty would be nice...

OF likes this.
  8. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

lol, there are no serial numbers.

Vicki, Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sorry, just messing with you. There are no serial numbers and I'm not about to sell Beta test stuff.....especially before it's released.

They have names for people who do stuff like that you know. Not very nice names, either.

IMO it'll be released real soon. Hang in there.

OF

10. ehakim

ehakim Well-Known Member

Tsk tsk, I guess I just need to continue checking the magic flight website everyday :(, does the tray work at all with kief?

what's awesome about the people over at mflb is they really perfect something before sending it market so you know when you're buying something from them it's extremely well thought out and extensively tested product. I'm sure they have big things brewing over there that we can't even begin to imagine....

11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Kief has always worked fine by itself in the box for me. Concentrate tray is for concentrates that vape cleanly.

Vicki, Amsterdam and ehakim like this.
  12. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Member

^This.

And ehakim, Hobbit @ Magic Flight told me;

ehakim and OF like this.
  13. b0

b0 Vapor powered

Just received my box and some extra batteries. The batteries with my box are different, they have the logo in the cover and " HL - AAN2200 1241-LX" in it, are these the new ones you where talking here?

14. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Yes, those are the new MF batteries. The logo should be on the cap and also stamped in the bottom of the battery. Be careful with them, they are more powerful than fully charged Powerex 2700s.

15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I feel vindicated. Given MF's ability to keep a projected release date "an April release to the public" is real soon. In fact, compared to some other vape makers estimates you could say it's already happened?

Continued hanging in there remains recommended.

OF

ehakim, Amsterdam and axakal like this.
  16. b0

b0 Vapor powered

Yep, they have the logo in the bottom. Now I have 6 of the old ones and 2 of the new.

Quetzalcoatl and Amsterdam like this.
  17. smatter

smatter Well-Known Member

The way I feel right now reminds me of why I need to just stick with my box. It also reminds me of how hard alcohol is on your body. My MFLB has really helped me break the nasty and expensive habit of drinking a few times per week. I rarely drink at all anymore and I am a better man for it. It has really been a challenge because I live in a state with a robust drinking culture. People are always trying to put a beer in my hand wherever I go. Last night I let them. "Never again is what you swore the time before." Depeche Mode.

18. b0

b0 Vapor powered

I'm fighting exactly the same fight right now and with the help of my Solo at home and my new MF hope to be able to win it soon.

Amsterdam, Quetzalcoatl and smatter like this.
  19. ehakim

ehakim Well-Known Member

Hopefully it'll be out in time for me to use on 4/20

Amsterdam likes this.
  20. smatter

smatter Well-Known Member

Good luck to you comrade. The MFLB has really made my preffered escape much more accessible because I don't have to deal with all the hassles of combustion anymore. The town I live in is very open-minded, unfortunately, the rest of the state not so much.

Amsterdam and b0 like this.
  21. Notaek

Notaek Well-Known Member

You are so lucky! I want those so bad... Hopefully they launch alongside with the concentrate tray

Amsterdam, axakal and b0 like this.
  22. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Really?

I just got new powerex's, I would have ordered those if I had known. Oh well, with my new batteries and charger the MFLB is kickin ass again.

Amsterdam likes this.
  23. b0

b0 Vapor powered

I ordered form PIU, it seems like they are sending the newer MFLB's pack. I didn't know before ordering, in fact the MFLB I ordered for my gf before this one, came with the old batteries.

24. Notaek

Notaek Well-Known Member

All the new premium kits (cherry,walnut) come with the new batteries so im assuming you have either one but unfortunately the maple kits dont. MFLB said they wont be selling them indiviudally for a while though... :cry:

Amsterdam, Quetzalcoatl and Vicki like this.
  25. matthend

matthend Well-Known Member

for the beta testers:
    do the new batteries work well with the concentrate tray, or will i have to use my PA only?
    Thanks in advance

Amsterdam and Vicki like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors