1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. ludwig

ludwig Well-Known Member

I might be wishing a bit too much here. But does anyone know if there's like 2nd generation of MFLB in the works besides the concentrate pad? Like Lithium battery instead of the rechargeables? Updated design?

2. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

I'm hoping their new WPW will be made available at my LHS .
    I think they suggested that will happen , hopefully soon .

3. adamster

adamster New Member

I found out that the item has the 3 month warranty and the seller gives an additional 3 months. So that is fair given the low price I paid. I am ecstatic with this LB, it is so much better than the iolite at least the classic one. I am using the native way and getting incredible production of vapor quality. Although I said I would get a diff vapo like the Arizer, not sure it's needed now. The main issue is its a bit awkward to use ( i heard a report on this on BB's bungallow podcast) the fellow said its very awkward to hold.
    It's somewhat but not really so bad. it being so small is a real plus. Also the science of how it works is intriguing. It can be used indoors very easily. I bought the Iolite at the time about 3 years ago cuz most people were raving about it. its too bad i didn't hear much about the MFLB back then. And I heard how hard it is get the hang of? it's not hard at all, and I am not normally particularly handy at all.

4. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Whoever told you the LB only has a 3 month warranty lied to you. All LB's have a lifetime warranty provided by the manufacturer.

5. JeeSee

JeeSee Cultured Curmudgeon

Adamster - There were a lot of people recommending I buy another vape as a first vape too - but maybe because I'd used vapes before (mostly the Iolite, which I'm not very fond of, and the Volcano), I went with my gut. I couldn't be happier, mostly because the learning curve is minimal if you're smart enough to log on to the internet (FC especially) and take the effort to read a little. With just the PA, this can transform into a desktop vape to hold you for as long as you like, and you are at the liberty to upgrade because you want to - not because you need to. Their service is extraordinary as well.
    Personally I think maybe you should just send Magic-Flight a cursory email stating the number of your new box and when + where you bought it so that they know you're the owner - this is what they recommend.
    Have fun with your new constant companion. :D

axakal likes this.
  6. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Ok, just got off the phone, and my new cherry LB will be shipped out today! I cannot wait to get it. Magic Flight customer service is great too! They got back to me within 24 hours to take my order, so I am very happy. :D

7. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

All MFLBs have a lifetime warranty.
    I am interested you say it can be awkward to use. I am left handed and hold the box differently to a right handed, I need to hold the battery in with a finger where as a right hander would hold the battery in with their palm, to me it would seem easier ans stealthier to be able to hold it As a right hander. I have tried to use it right handed but I just naturally feel more comfortable using it left handed and had to find my own way of doing it.

Vicki likes this.
  8. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Wow , I never thought about that .
    I'm sure this suggestion must have been raised before .
    LB for left-handed users ....

I also use it left handed most of the time , I can switch when my left hand gets tired .
    And using a finger to hold in the PA button is a bit easier for me .

BTW ....SNOW !!!!
    Stay safe and have your batteries fully charged :)

Vicki, skippy and ugobo like this.
  9. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

I like the MFLB so much I even have a spare unused one just in case my current one fails. That said, if MFLB created a left handed version I would buy two of those as well, it would definitely be stealthier, as holding the battery in with a finger makes you hold the box in a manner that exposes it and is not as easy to conceal.

Quetzalcoatl and Vicki like this.
  10. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

I'm right handed, but when I have the box on a whip I hold it with my left hand, cradling it against my thumb and pressing the PA button with my index finger. This lets me use my right hand dexterity to tap the trench better while taking a hit, to shake the herbs around just right without sending material up and over the rails.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  11. JeeSee

I'm left-handed and I never really thought about any of this.

nopartofme and BigDaddyVapor like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

So was Sam Colt, which is why basically all revolvers are 'backwards' for right handers. The inventor made it load on Starboard, not Port.

I too use an 'overhand' grip. Palm down, battery pressed into the heal of the hand by pulling the box in with the fingers. Workable, but not ideal?

OF

13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Lefties would seemingly naturally use the left hand, using their fingers on the battery. Right hand is easier because you can support your fingers on the length of the box, but may feel wrong/uncomfortable for lefties. More strain on 1 or 2 fingers :/

14. JeeSee

Yeah, I press the battery in with my middle finger and (especially if I don't use the battery cap) it begins to hurt something awful. Btw, I've been meaning to ask - once I get my PA, I'll want to remove my pushback ring I think. How do you propose I do it?

15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Tooth pick? Tweezers? It's just in there secured by the slightly smaller diameter of the wood. Very easy to remove and put back in.

JeeSee likes this.
  16. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

You don't need to remove the ring for the PA. It has a long nipple that allows contact even though the pushback ring is in place.

OF, BigDaddyVapor and JeeSee like this.
  17. b0

b0 Vapor powered

Hi guys, just a little question, the charger sold in US is compatible with 240v?

18. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have taken the rubber stopper out of the batterie hole? I took mine out right after I bought it (just over a year ago) and have been using it without ever since. I like that I can just put the batterie in, make a connection and leave it there till I'm done.

al bundy likes this.
  19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

I can't answer your question with 100% certainty... but on the back of my white Magic Flight charger it states:

Class 2
    Battery Charger
    Model V-818
    INPUT:
    100-240V AC 50/60Hz 5.5w

At first glance it would seem so. My charger does not include the "grounding prong" and is only two prongs that are parallel and they're the same size. If anything you'd need a cheap (2-3EU/$3-4USD) adapter. I remember there was a problem early on when MF sold a bunch of units to someone in the UK and they decided to skip on the chargers and supply their own instead with the box. It worked but just barely (due to not using the 'better' batteries and cheaping out/not researching enough I would guess?) and lots of people hated it because of a bad experience.

I did until I forgot about taking it out and charred a load :ko:

b0 and OF like this.
  20. HighlyEducatedScholar

HighlyEducatedScholar Student of Vapor

for normal home use, i keep the rubber stopper out. however, when i'm on the move out of the house i'll leave the rubber stopper in. i find i can get better quick stealthy hits while out in public if i don't have to worry about the battery making a constant connection while leaving it in the MFLB. another great trait about the LB, adaptability.

Vitolo and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  21. smatter

smatter Well-Known Member

Blech! Combustion. I wrecked my first trench showing off today, thinking i was going to blow a major cloud. I was micro-hitting way too slowly and got a cherry that smoldered for a minute. Total rookie maneuver. I did a clean cycle to burn off any residue. I just loaded up a fresh trench and can still smell smoke a little. How long can i expect it to linger?

22. vii

vii Active Member

Proberly a few trenches. Keep doing a clean cycle. It happen to me once.

smatter and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  23. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

within 3 trenches it'll be getting noticeably better, by a half dozen you probably won't notice it. happened to me more than once with two different units.

smatter and OF like this.
  24. skippy

skippy Well-Known Member

The charger is compatible, you just need to get an adapter.

b0, OF and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  25. Anon404

Anon404 New Member

Yes, it is compatible, I own one and it works in France.
    Chances are you won't even need to get an adapter, as it will more likely be included in the LB packaging. At least that's what happened to me when I bought it from a local vendor, and that's what Magic Flight claims if you order from them :

b0 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors