Lately I've been noticing some of my grind getting caked onto the bottom of my trench after hitting my LB. It happens as soon as after my second hit. I have to shake to box pretty violently or use a brush to dislodge it.

I'm sure it's not due to combustion because my loads haven't gone up in flames and I don't taste any smoke.

I've been using the finishing grinder to get a nice, fine consistency to the load. I also set my herb on a paper plate on top of my mac mini drive for a week to dry out.

After cleaning the trench by lightly brushing a q-tip dipped in iso and then running the box dry to burn off the alcohol, material was still sticking to the screen during my sessions.

Is this normal? Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

FYI- I've been using micro-hits.

UpUpandAway,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Lately I've been noticing some of my grind getting caked onto the bottom of my trench after hitting my LB. It happens as soon as after my second hit. I have to shake to box pretty violently or use a brush to dislodge it.

I'm sure it's not due to combustion because my loads haven't gone up in flames and I don't taste any smoke.

I've been using the finishing grinder to get a nice, fine consistency to the load. I also set my herb on a paper plate on top of my mac mini drive for a week to dry out.

After cleaning the trench by lightly brushing a q-tip dipped in iso and then running the box dry to burn off the alcohol, material was still sticking to the screen during my sessions.

Is this normal? Any ideas as to what could be causing this?

FYI- I've been using micro-hits.

This is normal if your cannabis has a high trichome content. The trichomes melt and fuse together, and to the screen.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have that happen to me semi-regularly. Just give it another pull if it's still stuck, and usually after that it'll dislodge easier. It kinda bakes together, and I kinda bake it off.

Thanks, guys. Good to know that I'm not the only one.

Paka, what you said makes sense because I was using some bud that was pretty frosty, so that seems to be the likely culprit.

UpUpandAway,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Part of why you want your cure to be drier than most. Instead of the vape expending energy trying to remove excess moisture, its instead working on the meds. Its going to happen regardless, but I've noticed a big difference since I made cure and grind a big Box priority.

Part of why you want your cure to be drier than most. Instead of the vape expending energy trying to remove excess moisture, its instead working on the meds. Its going to happen regardless, but I've noticed a big difference since I made cure and grind a big Box priority.

What method do you use to dry your stash? I figured that leaving my grind out for a week would be good enough to dry it out.

UpUpandAway,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
What method do you use to dry your stash? I figured that leaving my grind out for a week would be good enough to dry it out.

Depends on the condition I get it. Sometimes, just setting the nugs out you want to grind 1/2 to a full hour before, will dry them out nicely. If its a large quantity, throwing it in the coffee grinder and a non-airtight container, is pretty well cured for the Box (airtight will mold the grind, if there's any residual moisture), if it was dry enough to go into the grinder.

If its extreme. Throw it in a glass jar, stick it in the fridge until it starts to fog up. Remove the jar, dump the contents... let both return to room temp, then back in the fridge. Repeat until done.

Quetzalcoatl

Hey! Party! I just hit the shit out of my box (with what has become the usual bubble hash scoop), coughed a lung and a half up, and had my mom shout from across the house to get coffee if I was coughing.

giggle

On the topic of grind, I basically powder it, then put it back in the nug jugs (the plastic container things they come in.) They're not airtight I don't think, so I'll just put it in there after grinding, let it sit with the top open, but under a shelf so nothing falls in. 15 minutes later I'll stir, close it, shake, and re-open it. Then I'll close it halfway and leave it like that until it's dry to my specifications. Once it gets down to smaller particles you'll see that it dries faster than full buds.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Based on my recent titration with the MFLB, I am wholly convinced that a pinch of herb in the trench is the best way to go.... I get way better clouds and even higher than when laying a full trench! Sure, your session goes faster, but if anything that works better for me in the AM, and I can use the rest later for multiple sessions in the day using minimal nug! You really cant beat it.:party:

Ive cut down on my usage tremendously, but still feel like im getting high just as frequently, if not MORE frequently!

skippy

Based on my recent titration with the MFLB, I am wholly convinced that a pinch of herb in the trench is the best way to go.... I get way better clouds and even higher than when laying a full trench! Sure, your session goes faster, but if anything that works better for me in the AM, and I can use the rest later for multiple sessions in the day using minimal nug! You really cant beat it.:party:

Ive cut down on my usage tremendously, but still feel like im getting high just as frequently, if not MORE frequently!
Spot on, I have had the same result, less is best.

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
What size water pipe do I need in order to use my WPA? I don't mean the overall size of the piece, but the part of the apparatus where the WPA sits (not sure what the parts of a bong are called).

Thanks in advance!

sydnee,

ghost>boogie on

iko-iko all day
you are looking for a 14mm or an 18mm which is also called 19mm in some circles.
the true number is 18.8mm
GonG fittings, Glass on Glass are 14mm stock from MFLB or pay a little more for the 18/19.
i like a small, can sized bubbler with the 18/19 joint.
woot

ghost>boogie on,

Quetzalcoatl

Hey BigDaddy, I wanted to ask you a question... I remember reading early on that you dropped a few LB's and the plexi screen broke off... did they just take the wire off and slap a new screen on? Or did you get an entirely new unit? I dropped my damn box earlier and the back end of the plexi broke off in the stupidest way. It still totally works, but now I HAVE to use the rubber band close to where the tape is to keep the screen from wiggling more than I want it to. I'm only pissed because it's about as close to breaking as possible while still staying on. Honestly I'd rather keep the box I have now for sentimental value instead of sending it in, but I don't want to tear off the screen and ruin the sanctity of it :| Yeah yeah I know, fraud prevention, etc. Fuck, I'd scrape the serial number off and etch VOID where it would go if that meant I'd still be able to warranty it.

9OM6Q.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

Edward Hyde

I just recieved my mflb before 1 week and i am completely new in vaporizing.at the first try i burned my weed but then i think i figured out how to vape without burning.BUT reading a lot of posts and reviews on the mflb i realised everyone said that each battery is about one session.my batteries for some reason last at least 4 sessions some times depending on the quantity i put in maybe even 6. + compared to the videos i've seen on youtube i get no clouds coming out from my mouth when i exhale even tho i see some clouds coming in my lungs when i inhale.Am i doing some mistake?is there some common mistake of newbies with this result(no vape when exhaling + long lasting batteries?)

I found out also that the less i put in the oven ( and the more finely grinded it is) i get more vape and in less time but the session finished faster too.

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: Cereal_MF

Quetzalcoatl

I just recieved my mflb before 1 week and i am completely new in vaporizing.at the first try i burned my weed but then i think i figured out how to vape without burning.BUT reading a lot of posts and reviews on the mflb i realised everyone said that each battery is about one session.my batteries for some reason last at least 4 sessions some times depending on the quantity i put in maybe even 6. + compared to the videos i've seen on youtube i get no clouds coming out from my mouth when i exhale even tho i see some clouds coming in my lungs when i inhale.Am i doing some mistake?is there some common mistake of newbies with this result(no vape when exhaling + long lasting batteries?)

I found out also that the less i put in the oven ( and the more finely grinded it is) i get more vape and in less time but the session finished faster too.
Check the bottom of the battery. Is there anything there?

Regarding grind consistency, this vaporizer works by heating whatever touches the screen. Smaller grind means more surface area, which means more heat being transferred more efficiently. It will cause more vapor to be created but the load is done faster (because it is exposed to more heat.) Does that make sense?

On the topic of burning... you push the battery in for a few seconds and you start drawing. You can do a slow long draw in one breath or do "micro hitting" which is just sipping the vapor out very quickly and letting it "refill" before you do it again. This video shows it better. Watch how he takes small puffs in the same breath.

No vapor doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it wrong. How long do you hold it in? Maybe you take light hits and absorb a lot of the vapor? You need to draw a fair bit slower than if you were smoking from a pipe or joint.

Hope this helps! Welcome to vaporizing! You'll find that your lungs will feel better, the vapors taste MUCH better than the smoke, and that you'll be using a lot less :spliff:

Edward Hyde

Check the bottom of the battery. Is there anything there?

Regarding grind consistency, this vaporizer works by heating whatever touches the screen. Smaller grind means more surface area, which means more heat being transferred more efficiently. It will cause more vapor to be created but the load is done faster (because it is exposed to more heat.) Does that make sense?

On the topic of burning... you push the battery in for a few seconds and you start drawing. You can do a slow long draw in one breath or do "micro hitting" which is just sipping the vapor out very quickly and letting it "refill" before you do it again. This video shows it better. Watch how he takes small puffs in the same breath.

No vapor doesn't necessarily mean you're doing it wrong. How long do you hold it in? Maybe you take light hits and absorb a lot of the vapor? You need to draw a fair bit slower than if you were smoking from a pipe or joint.

Hope this helps! Welcome to vaporizing! You'll find that your lungs will feel better, the vapors taste MUCH better than the smoke, and that you'll be using a lot less :spliff:

i get high a lot.with 2 sessions of semi full trench i am really high.and i inhale a lot of taste.+ i see vapor running through the stem when i inhale. but i have never seen thick vapor coming out like i've seen in vitolos videos for example. and even the very thin clouds i've seen them like 3 times.+ my herb becomes brown(cooked not burned)but i thought maybe because i dont deliver clouds i am doing something wrong

Edward Hyde,
Reactions: OF

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
EXACT same break, twice. Both times, they broke like that, so it still worked... but obviously broken.

Both times, they sent out the replacement first. Turnaround from reporting to new unit, is typically right around a week.

In fact, I've been bad. My old warranty box is sitting next to me, wrapped in foil. Waiting to be mailed back. I'm a bad, bad, boy.

OF

I'm a bad, bad, boy.

So very true.

Not to mention an inspiration to us all......

BTW, long as we're slinging ideas about good box techniques around, let me bring up another important point....keep it dry. Having the goods very dry makes it vape faster, saves battery life, and really limits fouling in the box. A clear win all around. Dry and fine guys, that's the call.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

i get high a lot.with 2 sessions of semi full trench i am really high.and i inhale a lot of taste.+ i see vapor running through the stem when i inhale. but i have never seen thick vapor coming out like i've seen in vitolos videos for example. and even the very thin clouds i've seen them like 3 times.+ my herb becomes brown(cooked not burned)but i thought maybe because i dont deliver clouds i am doing something wrong
That's not always the case. I usually exhale whispy vapors. I can exhale a huge cloud, but I don't like to. You are getting effects, which means that it sounds like you're using it right. In fact I just took a nice hit right now and didn't exhale a lot. My trench is browned nicely now so I think I'll load a new one. By the way, did you know that you can make food with the "ABV" (already been vaped) stuff? It looks weird and smells a little funny, but oh boy will that stuff get you stoned... And listen to OF! A fine and dry material will work a lot better than stuff that is "fresh."

The power went out in the neighborhood where I live in LA.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=7880613

I was literally just about to hit my plug-in device when everything went dark. Hmmmmm, what to do? :hmm:

Here's how I ended up spending some (ok, actually most) of my time.

That time spent flying in the dark made me realize that I'm soooooo grateful for having the LB... and a pre-charged set of batts... and the wpa... and the mobius ion reti. :bowdown:

Edit: Oh yeah, and I'm grateful for the mf finishing grinder. Take THAT coffee grinder!

Top Bottom