skippy

Well, I just keep getting their voicemail and no word back today, phone or email as to how they're going to handle this.

Going back thru all my correspondences with MF and their interaction, even here on the board (which has seemed to disappear)... I'm losing a little bit of that rosy feeling I've always had for them. This latest adventure, just seems pretty cold and detached. I don't think they realized how much it meant to get a personal note, from someone with a name, other than MLFB Team and acted genuinely concerned for their patients/customers. Now 90% of their emails are cut-n-paste jobs, to most of paka's information.

And just how are they going to actually verify I returned my box, than with what I've already provided. I'm sure they don't have it any more. Its either been destroyed by now, or since it was just the lid broken, put a new one on... re-serialized, cleaned and sold. Such a beautiful box I lost, when I broke the original. :(

The lid snapped off again last night. C'mon SuperGlue, do your job! Not helping that the wood is split though, might be putting pressure on that joint and breaking the bond.
I doubt MFLB would jeopardise their reputation by not honouring you. They would be pretty stupid if they did,it is obvious you are genuine. With an outlet as large as this to complain about them, they would do so at their own disservice. What ever happened to the bloke that used to post here from MFLB? he seems to have disappeared.

skippy,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
What ever happened to the bloke that used to post here from MFLB? he seems to have disappeared.

I was recently thinking the exact same thing! I have talked to Magic Flight on the phone, and in email correspondence within the past month. They were very nice, but I can tell things have changed, like was mentioned before. I did ask them about the concentrate adapter for the MFLB, and this is a copy and paste of their response to me:

Hello Vicki,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Magic-Flight. There is no sound word on a date yet for the release of this new item. However, I do not think it will be available in the U.S. due to legalities, still uncertain on that. Keep posted to the site for more details and information to come.

Thank you,
MFLB Crew

I am now worried that I will not be able to get the concentrate adapter at all. :( Not sure if they plan to come back and post in this thread as I was instructed to keep watching their website. I wish they would come back here. I miss hearing from them, a lot!

Vicki,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
BDV, you have the verification that they received it. That should be all that is needed.

Unfortunately, often when companies get bigger, the personal touch goes first. Such a shame. :2c:

I went thru the same thing with Dish Network. I worked for them, from 2000-06. First 4 years, you wouldn't have been shocked to see Charlie Ergen (CEO) walk thru the doors, kick up his feet and shoot the @#$% with you, for a while. Everyone knew everyone... things got done, so smoothly. Customers LOVED us.

They got big, HUGE... put one of the biggest aholes in satellite history in charge of things, customer related. Service and attitude changed. We went from being customer oriented to profit oriented. My last 2 years, were miserable, even though I had moved up to management and was making twice the money, with niiiiiiiiice benefits.

I doubt MFLB would jeopardise their reputation by not honouring you. They would be pretty stupid if they did,it is obvious you are genuine. With an outlet as large as this to complain about them, they would do so at their own disservice. What ever happened to the bloke that used to post here from MFLB? he seems to have disappeared.

Well, I've been pretty confident about a lot of things lately and literally ALL of them didn't go the way I thought/hoped they would, with a lot of surprises thrown in to. But, it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing that could happen. I would be very disappointed, looking for a different vape and saving money to buy it... for a very long time. Hoping the LB held out until then.

And life would go on. :D

(my med family; mom, vicki, sunsett, OTA, t-dub and gang... always talk me down from the cliff, anyways)

DasBlunt

To BigDaddy, I think there has been some recent unexpected changes within Magic Flight customer service staff , which was communicated to me during my recent dealings for warranty. The delay's were not expected on their end, and I think from recent responses I have received, they are still catching up. There might be some confusion and delays anytime multiple cases get transferred around.

I can feel the love, and their past reputation must be considered when a tough patch is shown.

They've actually made substantial revisions since the last time I checked. This seems to be in response to your predicament, since most of the changes clarify when a warranty will be void and how to avoid fraudulent sales. I've updated the Vaporpedia Warranty section to reflect the changes.

Thanks for updating the Vaporpedia community.

I came here originally, having never dealt with them before, looking for feedback on my particular situation. My Original box is amazing, and the concept and ethos that the company promotes is very positive and attractive. Clearing up some potential chaos with warranty is an awesome move IMO.

Looking forward to more.

DasBlunt,
Reactions: pakalolo

420poak

To BigDaddy, I think there has been some recent unexpected changes within Magic Flight customer service staff

I just went through a warranty process with them and everything went smoothly. When I contacted them they responded quickly, what they said was clear and shipping was very fast considering my location. They also gave me a free stem without anysking any questions, which is nice too.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Late update. Got some nasty sore throat and ears. It feels like ice picks in my ears, if I try to blow my nose. And vapor hits, if anything remotely close to making my cough, if I have to stifle one... barbed wire, nose, ears, throat and chest. OW!

But, still a decent day, got word back.

Hi John,

We are very sorry for the mess up on our part. Thank you for working with us and sending us this information. We will begin processing your warranty today.

With Kind Regards,
Beacon, MFLB Consultant
Always Choose On The Basis Of Love

Be here by mid-week, hopefully.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

Sip

It does seem to me that MF is a little behind on orders. My charger has been making some weird noises, so I emailed MF about getting a new one. I received a reply on the 6th and I still have not received tracking info, even though they said it would only take 3-4 days to process. I emailed them again. Hopefully they ship it out soon.

Sip,

OF

Sorry to hear you're sick BDV, but that's great news from MF.

Hope you feel better soon. ;)

Agreed on both counts.

The word for the day is "Decongestants", and plenty of 'em. Get them ears draining before you get an eardrum tear. Not a big deal (heals on it's own and all) but the scar tissues can lead to 'flat spots' and other hearing issues. I once worked with a guy who had such a condition from chronic ear infections as a kid. Not a good thing.

Anyway, thanks for the good news and best wishes for a fast recovery.

OF

stuey

I once had an ear drum burst from an infection.

For about 6 months I had a recuring ear infection. It was bad, like the whole left side of my head was effected, the pain was intense.

The last time it happened I went to the doctors who said it was "a bit inflamed", gave me some antiboitics and sent me home saying it would be noticably better the next day.

So I Was at home, sat on my bed, feeling generally miserable when there was like a loud high pitch sound in my bad ear. Then my ear drum burst!

It does heal up on its own, but I didnt know that so I though Id end up deaf in one ear.

There was gunk coming out of it for about a week after, it was quite nasty.

For some reason I had like 4 infections in like 6 months but after that I never had another.

The pain is unbelievable!

stuey,

OF

I once had an ear drum burst from an infection.

For about 6 months I had a recuring ear infection. It was bad, like the whole left side of my head was effected, the pain was intense.

The last time it happened I went to the doctors who said it was "a bit inflamed", gave me some antiboitics and sent me home saying it would be noticably better the next day.

So I Was at home, sat on my bed, feeling generally miserable when there was like a loud high pitch sound in my bad ear. Then my ear drum burst!

It does heal up on its own, but I didnt know that so I though Id end up deaf in one ear.

There was gunk coming out of it for about a week after, it was quite nasty.

For some reason I had like 4 infections in like 6 months but after that I never had another.

The pain is unbelievable!

Gee, thanks for sharing that Stuey.... Kidding of course, I know it's what can really happen if the tube backs up and it can't drain. To be avoided if at all possible IMO. Drug store decongestants can prevent it in otherwise healthy folks I'm told. Like I said Bob had had it on both sides as a kid, one more than the other, it kinda goofed up his hearing later on. Not deaf, but like he said, 'imagine gluing sticks on a drum head then expecting it to play the same.....'.

Vaping won't fix all of life's ills, right?

At least not yet......

OF

OF,

DasBlunt

I just went through a warranty process with them and everything went smoothly. When I contacted them they responded quickly, what they said was clear and shipping was very fast considering my location. They also gave me a free stem without anysking any questions, which is nice too.

Awesome!! Glad to hear things went smoothy.

DasBlunt,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. Throat and ears are better. Aches, pain.. hurting skin and fever now. The Purple Kush really does a nice job alleviating a lot of the aches and pains.

Hey stuey, remind me to tell you about my 2nd kidney stone some day, where they filled my bladder with a catheter and the doctor with the worst bedside manner, ever... shoved a scope up my urethra to check my bladder and remove the stint.

Oh wait... I just did! Well, minus some of the gory details.

BigDaddyVapor,

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
Question, If I am using pyronym's technique how much vapor am I actually going to be inahling in comparison to if I were to sip?
How much more vapor would I be inhaling.

Sorry to be so vague with this question, I understand that there are many factors that play into how much vapor I am receiving but try to think of the question in a general way. (If that makes sense)

paytonpenn,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
there's only one way to find out...... experiment :science: I don't think any one can really answer that quantitatively- it's just down to cloud density judged subjectively

WatTyler,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I think that if use use any technique well, you should get close or as much vapor as the MFLB is able to produce. Every airflow (pulse/steady, slow/fast) will decrease the temperature and the vapor production. You would make most vapor by not drawing at all and just shaking. But that would not satisfy you :D.

Seek,

Lip465

woooo
It's been 3 weeks since I got any kind of reply from MF, what gives? I emailed them again a few days ago... ugh

Lip465,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
It's been 3 weeks since I got any kind of reply from MF, what gives? I emailed them again a few days ago... ugh

Wish I had an answer. They answered me quickly, but then were obviously confused, then admitted error on their part (or couldn't/didn't want to challenge my email trail and tracking number). As I noted, I doubt my old box is sitting around, gathering dust to be check on. Its been destroyed, or refurb'd. I almost asked for a warranty repair, when the original lid broke. I really loved that box and in comparison with what replaced it... it was of higher quality to. Better metal on the clip/ground wire and even the wood seemed of better quality. Same wood... just seemed maybe not cured properly. The splitting when it fell and how it landed... are puzzling to me. However, it never did have the same tight finish of my first one. This one had slop in the wrong places (click lock didn't work well), then didn't sit level when closed, which of course is why the click-lock didn't work right. The battery channel, with the different and tighter wound clip/ground wire has a weird pivot point and causes the batteries, but mostly my PA to slip forward/back and has to be in the forward position to fire properly.

Finally... I think the last fall has screwed operation. The closest I can figure out what it is, not producing the same type vapor and my ABV is coming out different to... its like the screen is heating unevenly. Not drastically so, that I'm combusting... but enough that its wasting some meds. I have to play a LOT with my PA, where I used to be able to set it at 40-45% and make a trench last all day, or set it closer to 55% on a larger piece and milk some nice rips. Too uneven to do that now. I'd flame the forward end if I cranked it up that high. I'm risking combusting at 45% now, which is not normal.

Sorry to get so off track. If you don't mind. Let me offer an email to send.

To whom it may concern,

I reported a warranty claim over 3 weeks ago. To date, I have not received word on my claim. I am including the required information, for a warranty application to begin. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, so we can clear this matter up, or give me some word on the delay.

Peace and Love,

Lip465

Then include this info, in this exact order. Do it as a sequential list. Cut-n-paste this list in your email and answer EACH one, with exactly what it asks for.

1. The serial number printed on back of Launch Box, along with a digital photo showing the serial number. (type serial here)
(post picture of serial on box, here)

2. If the unit is damaged, include photo of the damage.
(picture of damage. If its hard to see... use photo-editor to circle the damaged area)

3. Please include a brief description of the malfunction.
(exactly as it says. First, tell them what is broken, or not operating properly. If you know how it happened, personally... I include that to. Up to you, with that.)

4. If it is a heating issue, please describe batteries used.
(self-explanatory)

a) Is there a white ring around the positive end?
b) Do you know if they are stock batteries, Powerex batteries, etc?

5. Name and address a replacement would need to be sent to.
(self-explanatory)

6. A phone number, along with best days and times to contact you.
(self-explanatory)

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

Frank38

I'm having some problems with my Launch Box, or maybe with vaporizing itself. Nothing wrong with the LB, I love it, I just have to work really, really hard to get baked with it.

Apart from the simple Eagle Bill vape, the LB is my first vaporizer. I started vaping to become healthier, but find that I'm not getting as stoned when vaping as when smoking a joint. I know there's quite a bit of difference between vaping and smoking, as I have been vaping with the LB for about 3 months and have seen all the videos on sipping, shaking between hits and so forth, so I know I'm doing it right. My grind is fine as sand and I always go for quality weed.

I get more baked if I don't use a stem, however it tends to make me cough more, so I'm thinking of some kind of water pipe solution, but then I'm guessing I will be even less baked then.

I know the high is different from that with smoke, but I have at times become high from vaping too, when I really drag every possible bit of vape from a trench, until it's almost black. But to get stoned from vaping, I usually need to do at least two trenches.

Since last winter, I smoke every day due to medical needs. Could it be I have simple developed a resistance?

Edit: I should mention that I'm currently mixing vaping and smoking, I have not used vaping solely for more than a week at a time or so, plus I tend so smoke the ABV afterwards, although it tastes like crap lol, just can't afford not to recycle.

Frank38,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Bodhiwan, I have a feeling you are experiencing what many experience when first switching to vapor. If you don't commit to it 100%, it can be very difficult to make the transition because of the difference in high.

IMHO, the LB is a wonderful vape, but I don't know that it would be my first choice when switching to vapor. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off with a vape that gives larger initial hits; something like a vape with a whip (SSV, DBV, etc.). If that is out of your budget, another thing that might help your experience is if you use the PA with your LB. It delivers a more consistent heat.

And, use that ABV in edibles or to make QUISO rather than smoking it.

Changing over to vapor only can take a little time and patience. But once you do, you probably wont go back.

Frank38

Thanks momofthegoons - which I for some reason always read momofthedragons lol, any truth to that? :) ) Yeah, your probably right, it's gonna be a transition thing. Gonna look into the power adapter and another vape. Have already been looking around a bit.

Would you say that you are satisfied with the high you get from a vape, in general so to say? Most of the time I just want to have a buzz, but sometimes I want to get a real high too, when I make music and write.

I've been thinking about starting cooking too, just have a lot of bad stories in my mind from friends eating prepared brownies always ending up eating to much and getting too stoned.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I get more baked if I don't use a stem, however it tends to make me cough more, so I'm thinking of some kind of water pipe solution, but then I'm guessing I will be even less baked then.

I know the high is different from that with smoke, but I have at times become high from vaping too, when I really drag every possible bit of vape from a trench, until it's almost black. But to get stoned from vaping, I usually need to do at least two trenches.

Since last winter, I smoke every day due to medical needs. Could it be I have simple developed a resistance?

I use my MFLB every day, several times a day. I also, like you thought my resistance was building. However, what I started doing, was really paying attention to the reactions I was having and discovering how incredibly medicated I already was... when I was dusting off the 1st trench and loading another. I also vaped at the minimum a trench and a half at a time. I believe a discussion between Q and Vicki is what got me to thinking. I was vaping like I was smoking. Smoking bowls, I didn't sit down and smoke a bowl. I sat down with a bong and made a session out of it. Especially with friends.

One thing I notice, when I'm vaping and I actually had to actively feel/look for this, but then it became easy to pick up. First I always take a flavor hit. I rev mine up a bit more than some others, I want a nice little stream of vapor... but I want that flavor of the first vape off Grape Krush, Blue Dream, or Romulan. To get that... I have to lower the temp of my PA somewhat... at least 5-10% less than I would normally. As I was getting into this savoring the flavor, I also noticed after the 2nd nice long, slow, even draw... I would start kind of spacing out on other things. Then I would notice it was 10 minutes, since the last time I took a pull off the LB.

So I stopped at 2-3, depending on how I was feeling, beforehand. Then as it would start to wane at 45 minutes to an hour... I'd go take another pull or 2 off the trench. I noticed a lot less burnout, as I was maintaining almost a constant medicated state and could make a trench last into the next day, depending on med needs.

Granted, when you're on a constant medication cycle, you don't notice you're "stoned" really. I just notice the relief and the easier it is, to get by with each day.

As for coughing on hitting native. Try pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth, while you inhale. It will drastically cut down on the heat and the urge to cough. *tip I originally read from Seek

As for when I want to get "stoned"... then I just pick a different strain. Go with a heavy Indica or Full bore Sativa.

Top Bottom