DasBlunt

DIRECT FROM MFLB CUSTOMER SERVICE UPDATE

#2 They are swamped (only 2 people to handle ALL the phone messages and not many more.

#2a Yes, the change to the warranty language about unreturned warranty boxes and the consequences, was changed because of the most recent incident. However, they are MORE than happy to check the status of ANY box. It was a tough decision for them, to change the language, as they DO care about their LB family. But, I guess there are enough people out there, cheating them... that the change had to be made. However, I was also told this specific issue was resolved with the person... so I hope he comes back and reports a favorable (it was) outcome for him.

#2b Attitude. When you talk to these people, remember you're talking to someone on the other end, that actually does give a $hit. I am not pointing fingers, nor alluding to a specific incident. It just came up in conversation.

#4 Please make use of the MFLB FAQ and/or Vaporpedia. Most questions can be answered without ever posting here, or contacting them. Lowering their email volume will go a long ways to helping all of us.

)

Hey Big Daddy,

Thanks for the informative post.

I talked to one of their reps on the phone after I posed some questions for Customer Service via email. She called me to explain their policies and the why and how of what they do.

Bottom line is, they want the end user to have the best experience. She was very sorry I had been caught up in something like this. I am not going to post publicly what happened further, but MF was very generous considering what both of us had been through. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

Mostly, I am happy to read the new Warranty info. Some people are very cruel. Having seen first hand the malicious nature of that particular beast in this situation, I know they needed this sort of basic change.

Buying anything used is a risk, but now you can extend the fantastic warranty if you do buy used with a little due diligence via Email.

Magic Flight goes above and beyond to serve their customer, I know they will evolve and continue to be number 1. In the words of Borat, "Great success!".

Cinnamonster

OF, do those boxes always come to mind when visiting this thread? I see how it might... There's 'box' everywhere.
I've never even heard that term for it until you mentioned it...

I haven't used my box in 'native' mode in a while... But first, I think I need to get some flowers.

Edit: Anyone know where to go those small acrylic stems? I thought I had a couple, but they're too thick to fit into the drawing hole.

Cinnamonster,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

I have 2 short stubby ones from a whip I bought, but those don't fit.

Lame!! I bought the whip and glass stem from the same store, the acrylics fit but the glass stem is loose :( a single layer of tape would fix this... but I'm not too sure about tape that close to the screen. Booo.

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

I haven't used my box in 'native' mode in a while... But first, I think I need to get some flowers.

Edit: Anyone know where to go those small acrylic stems? I thought I had a couple, but they're too thick to fit into the drawing hole.

Send a PM to Drum. He's got a pile of 'em I made up for members....

You're on your own for flowers.

OF

OF,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Well, I just keep getting their voicemail and no word back today, phone or email as to how they're going to handle this.

Hi,

Yes, I have been away for awhile. Mostly, I have been trying to get some things accomplished in new product development and have not had a chance to keep up. Everything seems to take longer these days.

I have noticed your situation and will check in with the sales staff as soon as I can to see what can be done. It may be the case that something got misplaced in a recent move. If it is our fault, we will get it fixed.

In regards to your comments about the personal connection, I understand and agree that it is the ideal. Everything gets better with time and understanding.

In regards to the implied question of what happens to returned boxes, we take them apart and send the components to various recycling places. We never attempt to clean and re-issue.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction

Yes, Oh Great One... :D

How may I assist you? Or did you start to quote, then read the rest of the thread? Have to keep on your toes, with this thread for sure. Go to sleep and everything will be different tomorrow, in here.

We all float down here... (extra credit for the obscure quote/reference)

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

How may I assist you? Or did you start to quote, then read the rest of the thread? Have to keep on your toes, with this thread for sure. Go to sleep and everything will be different tomorrow, in here.

We all float down here... (extra credit for the obscure quote/reference)

I hate Pennywise!

But, I still love my MFLB's! :D

Maybe they forgot to make a post?

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer

How may I assist you? Or did you start to quote, then read the rest of the thread?

Hi,

Actually, still reading. I have a lot to catch up on. Including learning how to use this new interface, make edits, etc. Odd how small changes can make such a big difference!

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
... the April Fool's joke. The jokesters, kept it amongst themselves, even customer service was caught off guard. My rep, said she called in to work in a panic, thinking they had been hacked.

As I mentioned before, everything is a learning experience. As it happens, I was on the (very small) crew that put that April's fools joke together. It was put together somewhat last minute: conceived on a Friday night, implemented during the day Saturday, and turned on very early Sunday morning. We thought that the language used would make it "completely obvious" that it was a joke.

Ironically, 9 out of 10 people thought that we were completely serious about the Faulk1! Nuclear batteries -- really? Actual purchase orders (wholesale and retail) were received via email. We still get very occasionally get requests for these impossible to manufacture units. Not so many takers on the inter-planetary sales associate position though...

Seems to take some of the fun out to have to print "APRIL FOOLS JOKE" at the top of the page.

{regarding exotic wood LB units}... Hard to say how it will play out this time, but AFAIK they never were sold through distributors. You had to order them direct from Blisssville and they had very few (all I think from one or two batches). When I got mine they said they had a couple of woods in mind to try later on if they made more ever. I foolishly passed on a nice Flame Maple one for reasons I can't recall. That won't happen again.

We will be offering multiple different woods fairly soon (days or weeks at most). Particularly unusual woods will be offered on our own website and will *not* be available anywhere else (ie, you will not be able to order via BlissSville as they are no longer directly associated with Magic-Flight).

... definitely a bummer when people spend all that time growing quality product and then rush on curing.

This is very true. One thing we have learned over time is that continual usage of material that is too wet (not dried completely) will tend to cause a buildup under the screen over time. We know this from examining warranty returns, etc. Properly dried material can be used forever without any condensate buildup under the screen or on it -- the Box never needs cleaning. If the material has dampness, then the water vapor will condense, causing condensation of other things as well -- particularly the terpenes (causes smell). It is also best to fully dry your material before grinding -- you will get a much higher quality of grind as well.

-- Magic-Flight

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
One thing we have learned over time is that continual usage of material that is too wet (not dried completely) will tend to cause a buildup under the screen over time. We know this from examining warranty returns, etc. Properly dried material can be used forever without any condensate buildup under the screen or on it -- the Box never needs cleaning. If the material has dampness, then the water vapor will condense, causing condensation of other things as well -- particularly the terpenes (causes smell). It is also best to fully dry your material before grinding -- you will get a much higher quality of grind as well.

-- Magic-Flight

This is invaluable information for this thread. It explains why some of us (like me) do not have any build-up or smell, while others report lots of both. i've been wondering why this happens for a long time. Thanks for clearing this up.

* Runs off to update Vaporpedia

OF

This is invaluable information for this thread. It explains why some of us (like me) do not have any build-up or smell, while others report lots of both. i've been wondering why this happens for a long time. Thanks for clearing this up.

Amen on that one, Bro. I'm still mulling over just what that means, and it's trying a lot of loose ends together in my mind. Most cool.

I too am not plagued by buildup in mine, but I also favor dry herb. Not only does it 'handle' easier but it saves battery life. Now I find it also keeps it clean?

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

This is very true. One thing we have learned over time is that continual usage of material that is too wet (not dried completely) will tend to cause a buildup under the screen over time. We know this from examining warranty returns, etc. Properly dried material can be used forever without any condensate buildup under the screen or on it -- the Box never needs cleaning. If the material has dampness, then the water vapor will condense, causing condensation of other things as well -- particularly the terpenes (causes smell). It is also best to fully dry your material before grinding -- you will get a much higher quality of grind as well.

-- Magic-Flight

Shiiiiiiiiiiit. No wonder I get that build up down there... Time to make extra sure my meds are dry before they go in. Thanks for answering a question I kinda had in the back of my mind until today/last night?

Quetzalcoatl,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Yeah, Both my boxes have had that build up. I just figured it was because I vape some incredibly crystallized stuff. Though, the moisture makes sense. Same thing with the grinders. Let my bud cure a bit and it grinds smooth and fine. Something vito said, always stuck with me. When the bud is too wet, it feels like its "tearing" in the grinder, instead of grinding. I've been letting my stuff sit for a while now, since then.

As for the April's Fools joke... its classic. Sorry, you jokesters got caught in the crossfire, but hey... Poetic Justice ;)

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall, when all those email orders started coming in.

P.S. If the Inter-Planetary Sales Associate position is still open...

BigDaddyVapor,

Quetzalcoatl

Something vito said, always stuck with me. When the bud is too wet, it feels like its "tearing" in the grinder, instead of grinding.

Aha! I knew that's why this stuff has been weird... The most recent split eighth I picked up... I think my Chem Dawg wasn't properly cured. The AK is a bit better, but the older stuff I have grinds much better and actually darkens nicely. This stuff turns a bronze color... Guess it's time to do some extra curing. I packed my trench and flipped it upside down so that all the herb is sitting on the inside of the plexi screen, then set that down on top of my DirecTV box. We'll see how that works out. Anyways, my one complaint about this awesome thing...

IMG_20120619_180755.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

Frank38

Ironically, 9 out of 10 people thought that we were completely serious about the Faulk1! Nuclear batteries -- really? Actual purchase orders (wholesale and retail) were received via email. We still get very occasionally get requests for these impossible to manufacture units. Not so many takers on the inter-planetary sales associate position though...

Seems to take some of the fun out to have to print "APRIL FOOLS JOKE" at the top of the page.

-- Magic-Flight

Aaaa keep up the good fun :) The odd ones taking it seriously probably just had one too many puffs on their LB, or are making a joke in return by ordering :)

Frank38,

collegerower

Aha! I knew that's why this stuff has been weird... The most recent split eighth I picked up... I think my Chem Dawg wasn't properly cured. The AK is a bit better, but the older stuff I have grinds much better and actually darkens nicely. This stuff turns a bronze color... Guess it's time to do some extra curing. I packed my trench and flipped it upside down so that all the herb is sitting on the inside of the plexi screen, then set that down on top of my DirecTV box. We'll see how that works out. Anyways, my one complaint about this awesome thing...

I agree 100%. The old box design didnt have this issue. If I leave my box in my pocket for the day I know I will be loosing herb as the day goes on.

collegerower,

Quetzalcoatl

I agree 100%. The old box design didnt have this issue. If I leave my box in my pocket for the day I know I will be loosing herb as the day goes on.
Yup. Best way I found to remedy this is to not dump it out and powder it until I'm ready to kill the bowl. Out of my grinder it's pretty decent, vapes relatively well, but after a half dozen rips I tend to turn it into powder (which seems to work much better anyways.) This is honestly the only thing I personally dislike about this unit.

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Hey, a completely OT comment, but please consider the post above for a moment. My browser stumbled a bit while that HUGE photo loaded a second time....why? Do we all really need to see it again so soon? Isn't this a waste of bandwidth?

Not a criticism of this poster or any other of course, it's pretty common, I just raise the question wouldn't a policy of deleting such photos when you respond if the original is so close help everyone? We ask long winded guys like me to go to the extra effort to link different posts together just to avoid some fairly minor overhead, IMO this sort of policy would be far more useful in many cases?

Back on the topic, I put a very small bit of tape blocking most of the center third of the slot just back from the rim of the bowl. The extra restriction doesn't seem to change anything and the above problem is basically eliminated. I used "Gorilla tape", kind of a thick duct tape, not quite as thick as the slot is deep. Looks funny, but works well.

OF

OF,

Quetzalcoatl

...I put a very small bit of tape blocking most of the center third of the slot just back from the rim of the bowl. The extra restriction doesn't seem to change anything and the above problem is basically eliminated. I used "Gorilla tape", kind of a thick duct tape, not quite as thick as the slot is deep. Looks funny, but works well.

OF

Oh, nice fix... but... I like how mine looks already :( I can't even bring myself to draw anything awesome on it!! I just like the look of it like that too much. Maybe I can go get some clear tape or something... I know Gorilla Glue/Tape is supposed to be pretty damn hard to take off, at least the Glue version is a PITA.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom