Ash057

vorrange said:
ash057, what do you think of the mflb compared to the solo or the lsv?

Its hard to compare the three vapes since they are so different but here goes....

The MFLB gets most use due to stealth and portability. Pocket perfect and without smell, it can easily be used anywhere and everywhere! Excellent product and legendary customer service.

The Solo gives great heat and lasts all day on a charge. However not pocket friendly due to size and delicate glass. The Solo also definitely smells more than the MFLB.

The LSV is an all glass monster! Not portable at all (unless you bring a car battery/inverter) I use the LSV with both the glass wand and a bubbler.

*I dont have the MFLB power adapter or water adapter yet so I cant comment on those

Ash057,

reian

ive searched a lot on cleaning the mflb. it seems like other people are not getting resin on the wood. Im getting a lot of resin on the wood below the screen, its even starting to come out of the hole. I cannot take it out with me anymore because it smells so strong! Has anyone else experienced resin collecting on the bottom of the mflb? its great resin, Ive scraped it, put it on the screen and vaped it.

itd be cool if mflb can be redesigned so the resin material that forms can be collected easily.

so has anyone else had lots of resin inside the box, below the screen? thanks.

reian,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
reian said:

Yes, I do. And this affects its stealthiness because now it STINKS big time, even when it's in my pocket or in a carrying case. I don't use my PAMFLB much anymore because of that, and because I am tired of the "shake & bake" all the time and inconsistent results.

I prefer my NO2 for portability even though it's not as small as the MFLB.

Vaporisateur,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
reian said:
ive searched a lot on cleaning the mflb. it seems like other people are not getting resin on the wood. Im getting a lot of resin on the wood below the screen, its even starting to come out of the hole. I cannot take it out with me anymore because it smells so strong! Has anyone else experienced resin collecting on the bottom of the mflb? its great resin, Ive scraped it, put it on the screen and vaped it.

itd be cool if mflb can be redesigned so the resin material that forms can be collected easily.

Some resin under the screen is inevitable. If is has built up so much that it is leaking out of the draw hole then you need to improve your technique.

Resin is condensed vapour. The only way it can collect like that is if you do not clear the LB after taking a hit. Always continue to inhale after you remove the power. This is what I do, and after 18 months of constant daily use there is not enough resin under there to collect. If I insert a toothpick it barely picks up a trace of resin.

pakalolo,

sundaddy

Leave it up to Magic Flight, they'll probably have a future model that has a bottom section that dovetails into the box (or magnets) for easy removal.

sundaddy,

al bundy

Vaporist
I have cleaned under the screen with a q tip with a little Iso.
You have to be real carefull so do not try this if your not sure.

I take most cotton off and I dip and wipe the bottom of box then I insert battery to dry it.I hold box upside down when I do this.
Ive only done this twice so far.

al bundy,

Vapemania

I have a question for magicflight.
Will there be a new desktop vaporizer available?

I'm just thinking if the same guys who came up with the design brilliance of the MFLB put their attention to a desktop vape, then this would be a cause for celebration indeed.

Given MFLB's quality, customer service, warranty, pricing and international shipping, it seems they are a boon to a lot of people around the world.
This benefit will be extended to an even larger group with a desktop vape.
A magic flight desktop would be love which will certainly enable choice for its users!

It could even be rigged to use the same Power Adapter, maybe?

Vapemania,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Vapemeister said:
I have a question for magicflight: Will there be a new desktop vaporizer available?

Hi,

In the short term, this is a little less likely as we are still very committed to developing portables. We have considered various design aspects that would work in that direction and will for sure revisit the issue again. At the moment, we have various other things cooking which we think will be of even more interest. I cannot say anything about it now, but there is active design work going on in a number of different directions. We hope to have our next significant product release occur later this year.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
I just put some iso hash oil in a piece of pure cotton and turned my pa all the way up. :o Im super vaked right now. My LB's were collecting dust but not anymore but still cant wait for the hash pad :D

But be careful not to keep your LB from running too hot remeber cotton is flint it will combust

mflb_hustler,
Has anyone tried out the MFLB in the snow? or while snowboarding? or in any other similar conditions?

I want to bring it up to the mountain with me but idk if she can handle the cold.

Seagullmeat,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
In extreme weather conditions I prefer to wait and vape in some frienlier place. Not saying it's impossible, just not very confortable to vape in cold. I want to enjoy a session.
-Can be hard to draw correctly while you're cold.
-You need to draw a bit slower as herbs cool down more with cooler air intake.
-While it's snowing I would also worry about box getting wet (but I don't worry about shorting, the positive rail is abolutely inside, so shouldn't get wet).
-Wind makes vapor leak while preheating or not drawing. In wind you should draw immediately. Don't wait until you see vapor forming. You will not.
-Batteries perfrom badly when they're cold.
-Harder to tell visualy if you're getting a hit: you blow huge clouds everytime.

Seek,

Persona Non Grata

turn on, tune in, hulk out
I use my box while snowboarding, its fine. vape inside your jacket if its too windy or snowy. keep your batteries in a warm pocket

Persona Non Grata,

Vapemania

magicflight said:
Vapemeister said:
I have a question for magicflight: Will there be a new desktop vaporizer available?

Hi,

In the short term, this is a little less likely as we are still very committed to developing portables. We have considered various design aspects that would work in that direction and will for sure revisit the issue again. At the moment, we have various other things cooking which we think will be of even more interest. I cannot say anything about it now, but there is active design work going on in a number of different directions. We hope to have our next significant product release occur later this year.

-- Magic-Flight

OMG!!!

Vapemania,

kingcrimson

a friend came over the other day and had a brand new MFLB. I was blown away by the differences between hers and mine, and even more astonished by the serial # on the back of hers. 5.6 MILLION. :o Way to go guys, it's great to see a good product sell well - and despite being one of the first couple thousand off the line, my box is still going strong!

MFLBComparison-1.jpg

kingcrimson,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
They say in FAQ that the serial number doesn't reprezent number of boxes made. But i think they sold many.

Seek,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
It means they started using 7 digit serial numbers for some reason. From discussions with various shop owners I know the MFLB sells really well. It's usually the best-selling device in the store. They might not have sold 5.6 million but I would not be surprised if they've passed a million.

That's the first four digit serial number I've seen. It's such a treasure that if I owned it and it broke, I'd buy a new one rather than exchange it under warranty.

pakalolo,

polutropos

Just had to post to let everyone know that the Magic Flight crew are righteous people. I was having a problem with my power adapter. I emailed to let them know about it, hoping that it would be covered under warranty. They quickly emailed back with several suggestions for troubleshooting my PA. When I still couldn't get it working, they sent me out a new one immediately. They also replaced my Launch Box at the same time, since my cover had broken off. I was just so impressed with the warmth and friendliness they showed me. In a world where customer service is either totally absent or completely fake, the Launch Box team shines through. They really live the motto: Always choose on the basis of love.

The other thing is that, the new Launch Box they sent me is incredible! I don't know whether my original model was slightly defective, or if it's just the improvements that have been made in the interim, but this new piece blows me out of the water. I used to use the MFLB as a more of a secondary vape, preferring my Iolite. But when the Iolite breaks down (as mine seem to always do eventually), and I was waiting out the replacement from the warranty service, I would rely on the MFLB. I would also use it for stealth hits when I didn't want the noise of the Iolite giving me away. It always worked, but the hits weren't as full and satisfying as from the Iolite and I would always go back. But now, I've pretty much retired the Iolite. This new MFLB gives at least as good hits and better. I've actually been going through my container of already-been-vaped herb and getting great hits off of it in the new Launch Box! This device is so small, so beautifully simple and reliable, and so effective, that I really feel no need for an expensive, heavy-duty unit anymore. I love that I can vape a partial bowl and leave the rest for later, too. I love being able to control the temperature, moment by moment, with my breath.

Thanks!

polutropos,

kingcrimson

pakalolo said:
That's the first four digit serial number I've seen. It's such a treasure that if I owned it and it broke, I'd buy a new one rather than exchange it under warranty.

thanks for the explanation. I got my first box on preorder when they first came out through blissville or w/e it was called. I ruined it with hash oil, and the sent me a brand new one after I mentioned it on these forums - and thats the box that's pictured. Now I wish I still had my OG ruined one, I wonder what the serial was on it... :/

kingcrimson,
Just got magic flight box and I think it's broken. Help! (merged)

A couple hours ago I picked one up from a smokeshop. I've researched this for a long time so I thought I knew what to expect. I charged the batteries. Loaded the bowl with ground herb very sparingly and put the battery in. The first thing wrong is there is no light. With the battery in and both batteries tried no light comes on. I've read these can die (before the 1st use though)?? The next thing is the herb does not vape. I will maybe get tiny tiny hits but it will never change from the light green color. Much less brown. I've left a fully charged battery in for a good 2 minutes and the herb still had not changed color. What can I do?

DrPooptickler,

caseball2051

Sounds like youve troubleshooted pretty well already. Only other suggestion I have is new batteries. But in the meantime id email them directly to get a replacement process started just in case. Bummer its a friday. Theyll take care of you though.

caseball2051,
Man.... I love my box. Little guy never leaves my side, seriously. This is hands down THE best company around. Outstanding warrany, exceptional customer service and an incredible product. I have talked several of my friends into getting one, and brag it up every chance I get, as you can tell. Now if I could just get my hands on one of these exotic boxes I would be set for life. Keep up the good work Magic Flight, cant wait to hear your announcement.:D

Paulkemp420,

OF

DrPooptickler said:
Just got magic flight box and I think it's broken. Help! (merged)

A couple hours ago I picked one up from a smokeshop. I've researched this for a long time so I thought I knew what to expect. I charged the batteries. Loaded the bowl with ground herb very sparingly and put the battery in. The first thing wrong is there is no light. With the battery in and both batteries tried no light comes on. I've read these can die (before the 1st use though)?? The next thing is the herb does not vape. I will maybe get tiny tiny hits but it will never change from the light green color. Much less brown. I've left a fully charged battery in for a good 2 minutes and the herb still had not changed color. What can I do?

Howdy, welcome to the fun. I too think you made a wise purchase decision.

First a paranoid question, are you sure it's genuine? IIRC in addition to gray market units with no serial numbers, there have also been counterfeit ones? Chances are small no doubt, but it'd be bad if we had a fish here....

There is a bulb in there, right? You should be able to see it on the far side if you look down the exhaust hole, it should have exposed leads leading up to the rails above. If the bulb is there we need to get it to light (assuming it's not bad which is highly unlikely) or there is not enough power there to heat the trench correctly (the whole reason the bulb is there to start wtih). I'm going to assume you're having the common ring contact issue with the battery connection. How snug are the batteries when inserted, that is do the rotate freely? Batteries vary in diameter (and they're not all that round sometimes) making this connection dicey sometimes. I suggest rotating the battery until you find the snuggest spot and trying that. Also try pressing a bit to one side, not just straight in, this often sets it right.

At one point MF said every unit was fired up and scanned with an IR detector to confirm proper heating, I assume this is still part of the process meaning if we can connect a good battery all should be Jake. It start there, looking for light from that bulb.....

Good luck, IMO it's well worth sorting out.

OF

OF,
Top Bottom