Vapemania

If people are getting MFLBs from their local headshop, then can we know the price, please?

If the $120 barrier is broken by a lower price, then we can pass this info on to grateful friends.

Vapemania,
Vapemeister said:
If people are getting MFLBs from their local headshop, then can we know the price, please?

If the $120 barrier is broken by a lower price, then we can pass this info on to grateful friends.
i would too like to break this so called barrier... however y bother when MF give u a lifetime worry free policy. they cant fix this product so the next thing is to just hand u another one. just like xbox did with the ring of death.
i also happend to just order this little guy to expand my vaper cravings.

thezeus101,

Rusty778

Getting Lost
Vapemeister said:

I bought mine locally, paid 140 USD for the kit. I think it's highly unlikely you'll find a reseller selling it cheaper than Magic-Flight themselves. :2c:

Rusty778,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
The price of MLFB is more than fair (a steal, I believe) and as mentioned, taking into consideration the warranty... can't be beat. Breaking that price barrier, would be fishy, all the way around. The only way I could see it, if they're older models and its sanctioned by MF. Anything else... counterfeit, fraud... some sort of deception.

Seagullmeat said:
Has anyone tried out the MFLB in the snow? or while snowboarding? or in any other similar conditions?

I want to bring it up to the mountain with me but idk if she can handle the cold.

Get yourself a Burton "The Kit". Perfect pockets and protection setup for a MFLB.

BigDaddyVapor,

Bon Dog

Rusty778 said:
Vapemeister said:

I bought mine locally, paid 140 USD for the kit. I think it's highly unlikely you'll find a reseller selling it cheaper than Magic-Flight themselves. :2c:

you can look on ebay... don't come with everything (most but not all) for as low as $75 or $80... but i don't trust them lol

Bon Dog,

Rusty778

Getting Lost
Bon Dog said:
you can look on ebay... don't come with everything (most but not all) for as low as $75 or $80... but i don't trust them lol

I was really more referring to local heashops rather than online retailers.

Rusty778,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
kingcrimson said:
pakalolo said:
That's the first four digit serial number I've seen. It's such a treasure that if I owned it and it broke, I'd buy a new one rather than exchange it under warranty.

thanks for the explanation. I got my first box on preorder when they first came out through blissville or w/e it was called. I ruined it with hash oil, and the sent me a brand new one after I mentioned it on these forums - and thats the box that's pictured. Now I wish I still had my OG ruined one, I wonder what the serial was on it... :/

Probably something like 0002. ;)

BigDaddyVapor,

NotPotRelated

MFLB Pro
Also i recently broke my glass stem. i would like to make my own out of wood. does anyone have the measurements like diameter for example of the hole on the Lb

NotPotRelated,

tuscan tins

If you've got a mason jar (a sealing jar, really) and some lemon oil (I used this stuff), you can prop your mflb up on a little pedestal or something and fill the jar up a bit with oil and let it sit overnight. Hits taste lemony, and your box won't stink!

tuscan tins,

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I must be honest that I never gotten into the MLFB and I got mine replaced but I never used the new one...its a pitty but I do look to give it away for half its worth

m0sh,

Bon Dog

NotPotRelated said:
my mflb has a decently strong resin smell and i dont have any iso.. any ideas??
put the keys in the ignition and drive to your nearest walmat/wallgreens/CVS/assorted drugstores or even go to a headshop and get some resin busting agent

caseball2051

i havent been in a smoke shop in a while but they didnt offer them in the stores I had been in when the LB was kinda new.

The tax and slight markup might be worth it for some people. Sometimes I will pay a couple extra dollars for thigns just to have it now. You gotta figure in shipping in some cases on online orders.

MSRP is Manufacturers suggested retail price (i think anyway) lol

caseball2051,

mscm888

Is the model with the lock top worth an extra 20+ dollars? If mine shows up from overstock.com without it should I return it and go buy one from a dealer with the newest version?

If anyone has had a few experiences with the original design top accidentally opening, then I'm sure 20 bucks is worth it. If it rarely ever happened to anyone, then I'm not sure.

I didn't research the different versions that have been released but verified what I purchased, had all components offered in the kit on the magic flight website.

mscm888,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
It doen't open by itself. I remember once I was very high toying with loaded MFLB and opened it and turned upside down and one moment in the highness. Load gone. But that was stupid. It can sometimes open a little if it falls and hit the ground with great impact. I loved my unit without the lock, it just saves few very rare spills.

Oh and for everyone who suffers from sore throat with stem and doesn't use a water piece: Don't aim the stem at the throat, instead turn the LB or your head or just raise up your tongue to break down the thin stream. Then you only get a dry mouth. That doesn't hurt and salivation repairs it immediately (or drink if you're already had enough medication).

Seek,

kingcrimson

my non-lock top box also doesn't have a bulb indicator. I don't know when they added the bulb but when comparing my box to a friend's new one with both the lock top and the orange indicator light, I found them both to be really great features that added value to the product - for sure.

i've never had a problem with my lid coming off but I also have a small pouch for it that kind of secures the top anyways. It's nice to have though, so the worry about a corner catching on some thread and opening it as you remove it from your pocket, or just use daily in general, is gone.

that being said I like my box without the lock just fine. Id like an indicator but not enough to get a new one/return on warranty etc.

kingcrimson,

max

Out to lunch
mscm888 said:
Is the model with the lock top worth an extra 20+ dollars?
I don't think so. I've used several LB's and never even had to use a rubber band.

Seek said:
Oh and for everyone who suffers from sore throat with stem and doesn't use a water piece: Don't aim the stem at the throat, instead turn the LB or your head or just raise up your tongue to break down the thin stream. Then you only get a dry mouth. That doesn't hurt and salivation repairs it immediately (or drink if you're already had enough medication).
Good advice. Giving the vapor stream an indirect angle does help.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
max said:
I don't think so. I've used several LB's and never even had to use a rubber band.

When I got my first LB, I carried it around in my pocket without bothering with the rubber band. I stopped doing that one day when I lost a load in my pocket. I'd therefore say YMMV.

kingcrimson: See 4.2 How many versions are there, and what is the latest? I can't see the pinhole in yours, so it's second generation according to that list.

pakalolo,
Hi, I recently had a MFLB that i sold to my friend. I got rid of the thing because it started to stink horribly (had it in a camera zip case & still managed to stink up my whole car). This was at about month 3 with the box. For the first 2 months i had the box, the thing could be used anywhere, and i mean anywhere. I used the thing in my office several times with absolutely no smell. Now yes i did clean my box every 2 weeks as youtube user JDSupreme shows. I dont understand why the thing "turned" on me. I used to love the box and miss the fact that i was able to use it anywhere with no smell to implicate what i was doing. Anybody have any idea as to why this happend? I am looking to purchase another box, but i wish i had some sort of explanation as to why that happend to me, so i could get a better view on how to maybe use the box or handle it better. Thanks, any help would he appreciated.

Modnote: The duplicate of this post in another thread was removed. Please review the forum rules. Please do not double-post or cross-post the same message in multiple forums.

FormerVapor24,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Sounds like you didn't clean it enough.

I regularly give it a ISO clean by dipping the brush tip in ISO and brushing lightly. Also, I'd get a cotton swab, remove some of the cotton so it's thinner, dip in ISO and enter through the stem hole to clean under the trench. Follow this with a 'burn-off' (battery in with lid open and power on) and it smells like wood again.

Also, something I've done for the first time today, waxing can help keep the exterior clean and less smelly.

Hope that helps :)

J.R.R.Tokin',
How did u get under the screen? I thought under the screen was a "no no" to tamper with. Also, the box smelled my whole apartment the last time i used it. Could this be from cleaning(which i did every now and then) or from maybe a skunky herb. My girlfriend walked in and said that the whole apartment smelt of strong skunk. From the day i got rid of my box till now, i dont understand how that could have been possible. Is their just some strains that just stink up everything even when vaping?

FormerVapor24,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I get under the screen via the stem insert hole. As I said, get a cotton bud/swab/q-tip (whatever you call it) and pull off some of the cotton so it's thinner. Dip in ISO and gently insert in the stem hole. This gives you access under the screen. Be very gentle and let the ISO do the work, not abrasion. Then the burn off get any residual resins off the screen.

As to why your GF smelled the box, there's 2 things it might have been. If your box got a lot of use, and you only cleaned it fortnightly, it could have been that you ended up with a lot of build up under the screen and this caused the smell - I don't think it would have been that as the screen is so fine it only lets a teeny bit through over time.

The stinkiest part of my MFLB is the stem. I find that if my stem isn't clean it can really stink up it's travel pouch. That might be what your problem was. It's easy to over look and it can get really ripe.

Aside from that I'm really liking the effect that the waxing has given my LB. It's shined it up nicely and offers a protective coating against small scratches and dirt, feels super silky too.

J.R.R.Tokin',

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Seek said:

Don't use the stem, as I dropped mine and it broke into several (sharp) pieces. Though, after putting together my latest rig... I primarily try to medicate with this

(cleaning up after medicating with Chemdawg during the earlier hours and some Superman OG, before bed)
rigsetup.jpg

However, when I'm out and about, this is my setup. With the pack closed, it doesn't ever draw even a second look. Using your technique has helped tremendously on the irritation to my throat.

20120213_155706.jpg

20120213_155725.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom