momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
lwien said:
Mom, I don't believe that the LB is running hotter being that the ABV coming out of my PD is a VERY dark chocolate brown, just a shade or two below black. The ABV coming out of the LB is no where near as dark.

lwien, I can get my abv that dark easily with the LB. And, the LB gets hot enough to combust; something that the PD does not. I still maintain it runs hotter. Just my :2c:

momofthegoons,

lwien

momofthegoons said:
lwien said:
Mom, I don't believe that the LB is running hotter being that the ABV coming out of my PD is a VERY dark chocolate brown, just a shade or two below black. The ABV coming out of the LB is no where near as dark.

lwien, I can get my abv that dark easily with the LB. And, the LB gets hot enough to combust; something that the PD does not. I still maintain it runs hotter. Just my :2c:

I have no doubt that I too can get the LB to combust if I try to, which is impossible with the PD, but just because the LB "can" combust doesn't automatically mean that I am running it hotter than the PD. Are you suggesting that even though the ABV comes out MUCH lighter in the LB than my PD, that the LB is running hotter anyways? And if so, how can that be?

lwien,

luchiano

lwien, it probably has to do with the fact that the mflb heats up and cools so fast that it takes longer to degrade the chlorophyll than with the PD which maintains a set temperature and has hot metal that touches the herb when you're not inhaling. Remember the hot air is just being used to boil away the oils and water we want not the plant fibers and if you use something extremely fast to heat up like the mflb then you can release these substances without effecting the plant fibers as much as something that is set at a constant temperature and in contact with hot metal consistently.

There was a post on here where someone showed how his iolite and volcano gave different color abv even though it was the same amount at the same temperature. It shows what I'm talking about. Here it is:http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=104488

If that happens with the volcano it will definitely happen with an extremely fast heat up and cool down unit like the mflb.

Also, if you want more flavor just start inhaling after 3 seconds of inserting the battery, release the battery, inhale real soft for about half a second, and repeat the process until your lungs are full.

luchiano,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I burned my first trench, with my brand new power adapter. The PA came from Magic-Flight set to a bit higher temp than I guess was needed...and then came the black ABV.

The PA is awesome, I haven't needed to charge my batteries unless I take it on the go. So far I like the way it works even though I thought it looked like it was hacked together/sort of weird (from the pictures).

Only down side to the PA is you will have to mark the wheel and metal if you change the temp, and want to go back to a previous found setting that works good. I do not like the fact that I can burn if it is set to high, because burning the screen or the wood inside seems pointless. But that is also how I found out how to look inside the MF, so now I know a bit more about it.

PA is definitely worth it - everyone needs one if you use it at home. The WPA not so much because I have a few near disaster with the WPA + glass bong + pushing in the battery/PA button. The WPA needs some more time to master I guess.

sessnet,

lwien

luchiano said:
lwien, it probably has to do with the fact that the mflb heats up and cools so fast that it takes longer to degrade the chlorophyll than with the PD which maintains a set temperature and has hot metal that touches the herb when you're not inhaling. Remember the hot air is just being used to boil away the oils and water we want not the plant fibers and if you use something extremely fast to heat up like the mflb then you can release these substances without effecting the plant fibers as much as something that is set at a constant temperature and in contact with hot metal consistently.

There was a post on here where someone showed how his iolite and volcano gave different color abv even though it was the same amount at the same temperature. It shows what I'm talking about. Here it is:http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=104488

If that happens with the volcano it will definitely happen with an extremely fast heat up and cool down unit like the mflb.

Thanks for the explanation, luchiano. Makes sense.

lwien,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Thank you luchiano.... I don't know that I could have explained it nearly as well. :) I was about to say "because I say so...." I'm such a mom! :lol:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Lwien- although desensitized now, I did feel an urge to cough.. that nagging "itch" in my chest after "taking flight".. each time. This continued for many months. I no longer feel it, but I sort of decided that it was due to that 2 inch vaporpath, and my lungs catching the initial vapors as they are formed.. before they even gather up enough momentum to "nebulize".. or mix with air.
I started taking big mouthfuls (like drawing a puff on a cigar), and then inhaling.
This reduced irritation, and now no matter how I hit the box, I get no "tickle".

Vitolo,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
magicflight said:
Hi,

For those that may be interested, I have started an AMA Reddit for people to ask questions. http://www.reddit.com/r/trees/comments/o1h2r/i_am_the_inventor_of_the_magicflight_launch_box/

-- Magic-Flight
If anyone wants to hear about the creator of the lb's amazing business principals and views on life and society and even have some questions about the vape itself answered i suggest going through those comments and reading all the ones posted by him. I know coming from a place like fc r/trees usually isn't a smooth transition but this post is gold.

Picture20-6.png

edited to make sense(thought i was at a [3] really at a [6])

Vaporgin.,

Vitolo

Vaporist
r/trees is a fun forum... I checked it out... good job, magicflight!
It is a place to speak with the maker of a product, and get their views... ask questions etc., but FC is where most of the world tunes in to read reviews by Vaporists... objective views and tips by those who have experience with vaporization on the whole!
The link was interesting, Thanks!

Vitolo,

Cannanas

Hi,

Sorry for my language, i'm french.

I have buy the MFLB the last week, and no have effect on me. No good savor, and the effect ... middle the first time i used it, but now i dont have effects.

I have test with different weeds, and its the same result. But the weeds are goods in combustion.

Why ? I do this: i press the battery 3s, i start aspiration, after 15s i shake the vapo and i repeat this. But nothing.

:(

Help my !

Cannanas,

kewpcer

@Cannanas-

Have you watched any "how to use" videos on youtube yet? They are very helpful.

kewpcer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
When you push battery in do you see an orange colored light inside the box? if you do not this means that either the box is not functioning, or that the batteries are weak or dead.
Charge your batteries fully, and try again.
Take noye if you see any visible vapor.
your inhale must be done in tiny little puffs... or very slowly!
Good Luck... report back!

Vitolo,

Cannanas

I have see videos of JDSupreme for learn how use it.

And i have the red led yes ! My batteries is 100% charged.

I understand ... I inhale very slow but i dont use the tube, and the vapor its hot when i inhale very slow.

Cannanas,

OF

Cannanas said:
I understand ... I inhale very slow but i dont use the tube, and the vapor its hot when i inhale very slow.

I think that's the problem, it's hot but not quite hot enough. Either slow down even more or better still let it 'cook' a few more seconds without inhaling to let it get a little hotter then 'sip' off a little bit of air (and with it collected vapor) until you get good results. If it gets too hot, release the batter and inhale firmly to cool it back down, shake it and try again.

Keep your grind fine. For now don't be afraid of too fine. Grind some more and try that.

The boxes do work well, once you learn how to do it. It's not at all like smoking, really. Backwards from that. Pull harder on a pipe or joint and it gets hotter, pull harder on the LB and it cools off.

OF

OF,
Cannanas said:

IME, the tube makes getting the draw down alot easier for new users. I never use the box native, I just use the very short stem that comes with the MFLB whip.

charliedontsurf,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Cannanas said:
I have see videos of JDSupreme for learn how use it.

And i have the red led yes ! My batteries is 100% charged.

You might have a box that is running too cool. Try this test: 4.15 How can I tell if my Box is running too cool?

If the LB fails this test then you can make a warranty claim.

pakalolo,

Cannanas

I have already read the vaporpedia and try this ... Its ok, if i puss the batteries for a long time, a smoke its visible.

I believe my launch box its ok but ... there are a problem.

Are you sure puss the battery just 3-5s and inhale slowly for 20s its enough ?

Cannanas,

Vitolo

Vaporist
It is enough for one little part of the "vape session".... this must be repeated many times.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Perhaps you must take 1 day off from using Weed.
Vapor is different than smoke.. and if you have smoked in that same period of time, perhaps it is hard to feel the difference?
Grasping at Straws (American term for "looking for answers")

Vitolo,

Cannanas

Thanks for your council all !

I try this nigh for grind my weed very very fine.

And i know the vapor is different to the combustion, i try a homemade vapo (with a bulb) and this is 100x best than my actual vapo for the effects ... i understand ... Vapor is different but the effect are better than combustion, no ? With the bulb yes on my exprience ... And i don't find effect of bulb with the MFLB ...

I repost a message on this forum tonigh for tell you the news. Thanks !

Cannanas,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Cannanas said:
I have already read the vaporpedia and try this ... Its ok, if i puss the batteries for a long time, a smoke its visible.

I believe my launch box its ok but ... there are a problem.

Are you sure puss the battery just 3-5s and inhale slowly for 20s its enough ?

If your LB passes the test then I think OF covered it pretty well. Probably you need to wait longer before hitting it. Wait until you can see the vapour escaping from the draw hole or clouding the screen, then try micro-hitting or pyronym's technique. If that doesn't work for you then perhaps Vitolo is on the right track. Have you used other vaporizers? You are not inhaling the toxins from smoke, so the effects will not be the same.

pakalolo,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
Cannanas said:
Thanks for your council all !

I try this nigh for grind my weed very very fine.

And i know the vapor is different to the combustion, i try a homemade vapo (with a bulb) and this is 100x best than my actual vapo for the effects ... i understand ... Vapor is different but the effect are better than combustion, no ? With the bulb yes on my exprience ... And i don't find effect of bulb with the MFLB ...

I repost a message on this forum tonigh for tell you the news. Thanks !

It is possible that the bulb was getting way hotter and vaping at higher temps because of the open flame. When you vape at hotter temperatures its usually easier for a person that is new to vaping to get enjoyable effects. I would suggest just attempting to get the box as hot as it can (with no combustion) before you slowly(very slowly) draw on it. To do this i sometimes will hold the battery in for the normal time and then start shaking up the contents of the box.

Also if you get a large hit and hold it in for 20+ seconds (i usually strive for 30) while taking in some new oxygen by sipping the air like after taking a hit off a joint, this suppliments your oxygen supply and makes it so it doent feel like you are suffocating or doing any harm

Vaporgin.,

OF

pakalolo said:
If your LB passes the test then I think OF covered it pretty well. Probably you need to wait longer before hitting it. Wait until you can see the vapour escaping from the draw hole or clouding the screen

Excellent point, I'd forgotten those useful visual clues. With fresh herb in the trench you should be able to look through the window (without inhale) and see 'frosting' form on the surface, then just suck it out. You can do this a time or two if the herb is fresh, very dry bud doesn't do it as much. Likewise, look into the exhaust hole (down the stem if installed) at the bulb inside while holding it flat. You should see a tiny 'fog bank' form down there, suck it out and watch the next bit form up.

It's also useful to exhale into strong side light (sunlight or a desk lamp for instance) against a dark background. Makes the vapor much easier to see. Remember, it doesn't take much vapor to do the job because there's no useless (and dangerous) junk in there with it.

Also consider huffing that junk (poison really when you get down to it) will give you a buzz on it's own, no THC really needed....not really what we're after though.

OF

Edit: spelling correction....a real corker....

OF,
Top Bottom