Vitolo

Vaporist
I fill it just below the level where I no longer feel water splash against my mouth when I draw on pipe with downstem in but no MFLB in use.

Vitolo,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I fill the waterpiece that the water level is just 1-3 centimeteres above the vapor entrance. Whn less, it's hard to make only few bubbles and if the water level is too high the bubbles are too large. I pull sloooowly with short pauses. Bubbling can make big airflow in the MFLB so it needs to be decent. (I think PA should work better with vaporbonging).

Seek,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Seek is definitley correct about the PA working better with vaporbonging.. for the constant power level itself!

Vitolo,
I just bought my MFLB on Christmas Day got it around Dec 29th it is Currently JAN 1 2012. I have smoked 4 trenches so far. I am a longtime user of combustion even own some of the top rated glass pipes of all time (Grav labs, PHX, Zong) rolled j's and "cigars" on occasion. I used a magic flight a year ago and had no idea what it was. after getting mine (much research went into it) I am never using a bowl, a paper, a wrap or any other combustion product unless of emergency. I give this vape a 9.2 out of 10 stars. It would be ten but i had to watch a video on how to hit it. a perfect 10 would be me figuring it out. LET ME SAY THIS IT WORKS THE WAY U WOULD THINK ALSO. Having said that, if you own one of these go to the manufacture website and watch the videos if you haven't already. After smoking one trench the way "they" suggest. I'm nice and blazed. and I didn't even do it on a fully charged battery yet. I was blowing out smoke in a filter to hide the smell a little, and it always left a brown resin type "stain". Tried it with the MFLB nothing on the filter so it not in my body! Overall I am very happy about my purchase; I support the MFLB company 100%. Any recommendations on accessories would be greatly appreciated

Peloton

Vapes Hard
kbconnoisseur803 said:
Any recommendations on accessories would be greatly appreciated

Check out Magic-Flight's power adapter. Brings the LB experience to a new level IMO.

Some people also like to have different stems (see Vitolo's post, #14729 in this thread for an impressive collection).

And if you're into vapor bonging, the Water Pipe Adapter is also available on the MFLB site.

Peloton,

505Vapin

I got the power adapter 2 days ago and don't think I'll ever use a battery again. Like everyone says, I have no idea why I didn't just save up 70 more dollars at the beginning and bought the PA along with the original kit...

I also made a makeshift water pipe adapter with a piece of my 2 foot whip...fits and stays in my downstem perfectly. Bong hits of vapor are so much better than straight from the stem. I am one of those users that suffer from the relentless cough that others have reported, usually coming after my 3rd or 4th trench in one sitting. When you inhale a nice cool vapor burst from a water pipe, there is no cough feeling and you can hold it in as long as you please, then exhale a calm vapor cloud. I was able to vape for a lot longer without taking a break using my water pipe than straight from the stem.

Ordering the WPA tomorrow, and then I will be set for a long time. I remember lurking this thread like 9 months ago before I had ever even tried vaporizing, reading about people with the famed MFLB+PA+WPA combination and watching the clouds they were getting, and in a short while i will have it for myself !

505Vapin,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
ever since getting my log vape I haven't touched my MFLB. It's hits aren't satisfying enough after trying the log vape... meh

Elluzion,

kewpcer

The hits from a log are a bit easier and maybe thicker, but the flavor just isn't there like it is with the MFLB. That said I love them both.

kewpcer,

lwien

kewpcer said:
The hits from a log are a bit easier and maybe thicker, but the flavor just isn't there like it is with the MFLB. That said I love them both.

The flavor's not there? This isn't my experience, at least with the first two hits from the PD. After the first two hits, the flavor subsides, although it's still pleasent. The LB, by comparison, just isn't as satisfying, at least to me.

I LOVE the portability aspect of the LB, but in regards to flavor, I prefer the PD.

As to my previous concerns regarding coughing, I tried the suggestions offered by MF in regards to a consistent draw (no micro-hitting), and that did help, although I still get the sensation of wanting to cough, but being able to suppress it.

lwien,

ThirdGunman

Lwien, as a PD owner, I agree the flavor is not there. However, I purchased the LB as a portable vape. I use it when I'm out and my log is out of question.... But... I also see some build up happening in the bottom of my box and the flavor only seems to be getting better.

I'm not trying to defend the box, but it is what is, and to most it will be a quick boot camp of vaporization. The box can deliver low vape temps (at a pipe draw speed), or it can combust..If you let it, which I did on accident when I first got mine.

Sorry if that doesn't help. TBH, my PD dried out my throat at first, and I definitely did some coughing, but after a bit of practice with the PD and the MFLB I have become the master of my domain. :)

ThirdGunman,

kewpcer

I didn't say the flavor wasn't there period. Just that in comparison I find the vapor from a naked LB to be more rich and tasty. I hate the LB with any form of stem, though. Go nude forever.

kewpcer,

lwien

ThirdGunman said:
But... I also see some build up happening in the bottom of my box and the flavor only seems to be getting better.

Ah........yeah, my box is brand new. Only used about 4 trenches so far. Maybe it needs to be broken in a bit for the flavor to come through, kinda like a fine wine, eh?

lwien,

ThirdGunman

I think it may be very similar to a wine developing taste. My PD is maple, and my LB is maple also, but the PD has that SS liner so IMO I feel like the LB has a bit of a break in before you get past that initial wood pipe feel.:2c:

ThirdGunman,

kewpcer

I think you guys are on to something. I have a box that's about a year old and a new one, and the older box tastes better. The newer box smelled and tasted of fresh sawed lumber at first, and has only recently began to fade. The goo buildup would cover that up, and provide a nice background for the vapor bloom. I saw give it time lwien. I think you may be pleasantly surprised!

Waxing the outside with something like Buzz butter, especially unscented, helps the wood smell too.

kewpcer,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I realized a lot of stuff is getting trapped inside the box, directly under the screen, possibly adding to the flavor, but also the smell!

SO I got this idea for a small shelf under the screen that should catch most of the sediment/particles that fall through there. This can be removed for harvesting and also cleaning out the box. Imagine something like the removable tray that catches the crumbs in a toaster over.

This should make the box even more useful.

I don't want to drill anything into my MFLB since it's new (and my money is tight now). BUT maybe someone here knows better - or is interested in this modification. Maybe someone has an extra broken box they'd be willing to donate?

Anyone else interested in this idea and want to help me develop this to see if it is possible?

sessnet,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I don't see any particle build up under screen even with that tiny tear in my screen. That screen is really fine, only vapor passes.

Seek,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Seek said:
I don't see any particle build up under screen even with that tiny tear in my screen. That screen is really fine, only vapor passes.

Look again! Mine is pretty new, I probably only vaped about a 1/3 oz , but I figured out how to look inside.

You can try it yourself:

1. Shine a flashlight into the hole where you insert stem, or pull.

2. Look down in the box via the trench and be amazed.

I'll post a pic later.

:)

sessnet,

OF

sessnet said:
Seek said:

Look again! Mine is pretty new, I probably only vaped about a 1/3 oz , but I figured out how to look inside.

You can try it yourself:

1. Shine a flashlight into the hole where you insert stem, or pull.

2. Look down in the box via the trench and be amazed.

I'll post a pic later.

:)

I'm not so sure it's debris. A careful look at the floor of one of mine shows a bunch of spheres (not random bits) that seem to be condensed vapor. Many are dark on the side that faces the heat (which makes sense). I haven't tried fishing some out on a toothpick, but my money's on 'wand hash' with little debris.

I think the taste issue has several fronts. First off, the box does get hot, which drives the taste out of the wood (which means you can taste it when you use the box......), but in the process depletes the supply (it smells and tastes less over time). Likewise, the trench mesh surface changes, no doubt sealing up some in the process of getting darker.

OF

OF,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
lwien said:
kewpcer said:

The flavor's not there? This isn't my experience, at least with the first two hits from the PD. After the first two hits, the flavor subsides, although it's still pleasent. The LB, by comparison, just isn't as satisfying, at least to me.

I LOVE the portability aspect of the LB, but in regards to flavor, I prefer the PD.

As to my previous concerns regarding coughing, I tried the suggestions offered by MF in regards to a consistent draw (no micro-hitting), and that did help, although I still get the sensation of wanting to cough, but being able to suppress it.

Because of the holidays, I've been too busy to really peruse the forum and missed that you were having trouble with your LB lwien. IMO, the reason you are coughing more with the LB is because it can reach a higher temp than the PD. This could be why the vapor is harsher for you. When I first got my LB, I noticed that the vapor felt much hotter than with my other vapes. My tongue would actually feel sore if I kept the straw pointed at the same spot for too long. Through practice, I've gotten my draw down so that I don't feel the heat as much. Using the PA has also helped with this since you can more easily control the amount of heat to the LB.

As far as the flavor goes, I think that the lower the temp, the more flavor. If your LB is running real hot (and I have heard that the newer models do run hotter), the flavor might not be as good as your PD.

Just a theory. :2c:

momofthegoons,

octo

What does that mean?
So is there any reason for why I should not purchase the AC Power Adapter? Does it allow you to get a better high from the increased temperature? I mostly just use my launch box probably 90% of the time at home so not having to constantly recharge batteries would be a real plus in my opinion.

octo,

lwien

Mom, I don't believe that the LB is running hotter being that the ABV coming out of my PD is a VERY dark chocolate brown, just a shade or two below black. The ABV coming out of the LB is no where near as dark.

lwien,
Top Bottom