Cannabuss

Hey all, I got my MFLB back in February and I was a heavy user and not once did I ever combust any bud. I would leave the battery in there for about 20 seconds without inhaling (using PowereX 2700's) and no combustion. Is my box running cool?

Edit: Emailed MFLB Team to see what their response is too.

Cannabuss,

HardTI

I would say so. I can only base it off of how mine worked, but when it was working properly it would combust if I held the battery in for 20+ seconds. Specifically after the first 2-3 hits.

HardTI,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Are you getting hits?
Are you getting medicated?
is your weed getting tan when you go through the motions?

Vitolo,

Cannabuss

Vitolo said:
Are you getting hits?
Are you getting medicated?
is your weed getting tan when you go through the motions?

Yes

Yes after 20 minutes of hitting the box

One trench lasts me around 15-20 big hits and it gets golden brown

My friend also owns and MFLB and I get way more vaked when using their box.

Cannabuss,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
It sounds like your box is running a little too cool.
Anyways, you already emailed magic flight so just wait for their response.

MM..Food,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yes.. as Pre Stoned says....
you appear to have a cool box....
BUT
switch batteries with your friend for a trench.. to eliminate your own batteries, and charger from the equation!

Vitolo,

HardTI

Maybe a silly question, but does the kind of weed you use change any of the effect? Could higher end bud that is stickier not vaporize as well with the MFLB since it basically runs at a fixed temp?

HardTI,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You must adjust your technique and grind for each strain.
The dryness matters too.
Even the stickiest of bud, will vape perfectly if 'shredded' uniformly to a fine texture.
(Love the sticky bud!)

Vitolo,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
HardTI said:
Maybe a silly question, but does the kind of weed you use change any of the effect? Could higher end bud that is stickier not vaporize as well with the MFLB since it basically runs at a fixed temp?
The LB does not run at a fixed temp. It is variable and dependant on a few facors; most importantly of these factors is draw speed.
:peace:

Stu,

jasho

I'm having a difficult time sorting through posts to get the info I need. I'd appreciate some help and direction.

I want to cool the vapor for my wife and am interested in a bong type solution that won't break the bank. Ideas? I searched for 15 minutes...found many ideas, but still confused about exactly which would be the best bang for the buck. How do I tell if I need a adapter. Specific models would be great. Is the ehle 100ml bong a good choice? what is needed to make it work?

Secondly, my charger reads HIGH on some batteries and others show full charge 2400-2600 and still will not produce vapor. I have the recommended battery brand and charger. I'm a lightuser and am surprised that the batteries seem to be shot already. Ideas there?

Thanks,

Jasho

jasho,

treecityrnd

Vitolo said:
WPA with MFLB and Bong
The bong = 30 - 50 $
the wpa = 24 $

OR
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Photoon2011-05-25at07012.jpg
The MFLB whip was about 5 $ and the plastic bottle was 99.
Plastic? Don't hurt yourself Vit ;-)

I love my 250mL EHLE and my 12-in SYN. Both very simple, only pinches, and around $100. I'll post pics laters...
HVY mini?
Or search... http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3046
Many more, this is more PD oriented but some great pics and vids of the EHLEs, etc. However, I'm sure NYC can give you much better advice. Vaporists have nicknamed her the Glass Queen. Glassheads have nicknamed her the Vapor Queen. Basically, she knows all :)

treecityrnd,

weedemon

enthusiast
the elhe 100 ml will be perfect man! that's what i'm rockin :) just that and the water pipe adapter from MF and you are all set.

weedemon,

Nycdeisel

treecityrnd said:
Plastic? Don't hurt yourself Vit ;-)

I love my 250mL EHLE and my 12-in SYN. Both very simple, only pinches, and around $100. I'll post pics laters...
HVY mini?
Or search... http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=3046
Many more, this is more PD oriented but some great pics and vids of the EHLEs, etc. However, I'm sure NYC can give you much better advice. Vaporists have nicknamed her the Glass Queen. Glassheads have nicknamed her the Vapor Queen. Basically, she knows all :)

plastic isnt the safest choice for sure.

:lol: how did you know they call me that? do you listen to our secret radio station? :cool: :uhoh:

Thanks for the compliment :)

Ehle, Syn, and HVY are some of the best entry level simple solid tubes. all are reasonably priced, fairly small, and simple :)
but for the MFLB, I would like to suggest something even smaller. this piece
http://ssfgglass.com/shop/shop/product/show/cid-186/name-travel-beaker/category_pathway-11
I own one of these BTW so I can attest to its great compatibility with the LB.

I hope this helped and didnt just confuse people

Nycdeisel,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I have exactly a same plastic bong on my EQ whip. No way it can get hot. This is a shorter whip, but still can cool down the vapor before it reaches the plastic right?

Seek,

fouruuus

Hey guys quick question for people who use the mlfb wall adapter: how long can I toke at full power before I risk combustion? Full power on the adapter is way more heat than using batteries, and I was wondering how dark my herb can get before I risk burning it. I take long hits where I switch between inhaling rather slowly and not inhaling at all (I think I heard the term "pulse hit" somewhere). Ive been going off the taste of the hit and how much visible vapor I exhale to try to guess when I should pack a new trench, but I feel like I might be wasting a little herb over here. Has anyone done some research on this? I cant risk aggressive testing because Im living in a college dorm and dont want to deal with getting caught.

fouruuus,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Because of the adjustment on the PA, you shouldn't ever have to worry about combustion. Now, there is a break-in period, where you might be adjusting the temp setting... but once it breaks in and you've got it dialed in, you can get some tremendously long-draw, earth-shattering rips off your box. Though, I did bump it last night (my foot rolled over it) and I combusted a bowl. No foul though, it was probably the last draw and the bud was very dry at that point. Damn it stunk though... and tasted horrible.

BigDaddyVapor,

mrfloopa

Vappy
fouruuus said:
Hey guys quick question for people who use the mlfb wall adapter: how long can I toke at full power before I risk combustion? Full power on the adapter is way more heat than using batteries, and I was wondering how dark my herb can get before I risk burning it. I take long hits where I switch between inhaling rather slowly and not inhaling at all (I think I heard the term "pulse hit" somewhere). Ive been going off the taste of the hit and how much visible vapor I exhale to try to guess when I should pack a new trench, but I feel like I might be wasting a little herb over here. Has anyone done some research on this? I cant risk aggressive testing because Im living in a college dorm and dont want to deal with getting caught.

I don't own the PA, but mine has combusted with batteries, and a lot of what I read says people use the PA at half or lower. How long? I would guess that depends exactly oh how you are drawing, what how often, etc. It really is a science. Just remember that the drier it gets as it is vaped, the easier it is to catch fire if you aren't careful.

As for when to pack a new one, I do it when I can no longer see vapor forming in the stem, even after holding the battery in for a while. But I don't mind smoking it or running it through another device, and just because you can't see vapor doesn't mean it isn't there. I wouldn't go by visible vapor when exhaled because, by definition, that is vapor that is wasted and could have been in you. I would rather not see clouds coming out, but that's just personal preference.

mrfloopa,

Opeth

Just ordered one basing myself solely on the reputation of these thing, I have in fact never vaped.

Opeth,
I don't know If i totally agree with daddy on this one,
I have had combustion with my with the PA multiple times and it doesn't always happens when using the hottest temp either. How i tell if its about to combust is just by looking at it, if you see it go tan to dark brown at a accelerated rate to almost black it will ignite shortly after, but also there are other factors that come into play like the age of your box or the consistency of your weed, or the PA it self.

EDIT: NVM this probably makes no sense, i was talking about ignition not combustion :doh:

Seagullmeat,

slain

Vapor Vision
On my PA I'd say on full power id say 3 -5 seconds before combustion occurs. I like the flavor and feeling i get with the PA set around 60% with the WPA around 75% .I imagine it varies from box to box.

slain,
Top Bottom