nealcassidy

Wow - PA very nice. I can't imagine using it at any more than 25% power. But then, it doesn't take much for me :)

It also makes me really appreciate the stealth of just using a battery. The wall wart, cord, PA and cord / LB insert all make for a lot of stuff on a tabletop. Guess I'm just really a minimalist.

But the PA will be great for sharing the LB with 4 or 5 people on an upcoming weekend trip.

Fun!

nealcassidy,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
So I have been having an odd issue with my box. When I push my Powerex 2700 battery in, I have to hold it in tight (with pushback ring), but after like 2 seconds, the light shuts off and loses power, although the battery is still being firmly held. I have to twist the battery around and re-insert the battery and it REPEATS itself over and over and is ruining the experience of my MFLB hits. I have tried taking the pushback ring out, putting it back in, nothing changes it.

Any ideas?

Elluzion,

Vitolo

Vaporist
sydnee said:
So can someone help me out? What kind, size, etc do I need?
Pedestal bong woks best.. and everyones suggestion of approx 10 inches is the best too. I would like to add that an "ice pinch" helps to restrict the draw just a tiny bit which is also great.
You can find glass bongs with the right downstem, that are perfect for low costs. You can get one for $50 delivered, after shipping.
10"glass pedestal bong being twirled around and shown by Vito
see it being used for a hit at The pedestal bong gets used with MFLB

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Elluzion said:
Any ideas?
I have had friends with this issue.
The only suggestion that I know of that has worked for all is to get stock batteries from BlissSville. (Puffitup sells the exact ones too) They are marked "Powerex AAI240 AAAO".
You can get many types of batterries.. you can find many that will and won't work.
Some require an extra twist.
The above battery is perfect every time.

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
@sydnee
ok you need a 14mm ground glass style fitting on your bong for ti to work native with the mflb with wpa,

may i suggest the ehle 100ml bong? it's a lil champ!! anything under a foot would work great though!

2ns82u8.jpg

weedemon,

slain

Vapor Vision
I got that same ehle swapped out to a diffused downstem works awesome with the the wpa

slain,

cluffy

Vaker
ok, headin off to sleep but both powerex 2700's came out as 2540mah after one break in cycle on the C-9000

cluffy,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
160mAh isn't much a difference. Still powerful for the Box. I've bought GPs 2700's that were actually 1000. Both.
Sometimes I can do whole 1 bowl with them. Sometimes they die before finishing.

Seek,

Dberm

Yea I saw the burton 420 kit, but honestly for a simple hardcase I cant justify paying more than a few bucks. Plus I feel like I want the security of foam.

Dberm,

Nycdeisel

See the case Vitolo has, I have one similar. its not a hard shell case though its a comfortably snug fit.

Nycdeisel,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Elluzion said:
So I have been having an odd issue with my box. When I push my Powerex 2700 battery in, I have to hold it in tight (with pushback ring), but after like 2 seconds, the light shuts off and loses power, although the battery is still being firmly held. I have to twist the battery around and re-insert the battery and it REPEATS itself over and over and is ruining the experience of my MFLB hits. I have tried taking the pushback ring out, putting it back in, nothing changes it.

Any ideas?

There was a suggestion made a ways back saying something like taking a small flathead screwdriver and lightly rubbing the little piece of metal that the positive end of the battery touches inside the box. Making sure it is a clean connection.

Maybe someone else can elaborate...

And on the topic of glass suggestions dont forget to include larger bubblers in the discussion!!! I feel my 11" bubbler is a wonderful size!

JDSupreme,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
sydnee said:
This is going to make me sound like a total noob, but I want to get a bong and the WPA for my box. The problem is, I have no idea what kind of bong to buy. Hell, I can count on one hand the number of times I've used a bong, let alone having to buy one.

So can someone help me out? What kind, size, etc do I need?

And no snickering, please. ;)

Thanks in advance!

Im using the Sheldon Black Double Bubbler, its a bit expensive but with class (especially perc'd)there's just no shortcut. I had bought a "made in china" glass straight tube with a single tree and downstem diffuser and have the nothces in the tree weren't even open. I have an EHLE and their nice as well.

sheldonblackglasswithperc-GoogleSearch.jpg

mvapes,

Boredstupd

Does this look like it will work with the wpa?
g8.jpg
small and cheap . Any other suggestions are welcomed in the same price range. <$50 shipped I saw many ideas, but can't find them at a decent price. I know you get what you pay for, and if this worked it would be so great

Boredstupd,

wake n blake

A Weed Nerd
So, I got a Dime Bags storage pouch a while ago... I think I got the 7" one. It's very well made, though I'll admit their "stealth storage" is bogus, but it's a good pouch, and they're only like $8 or so depending on the size (they'll get ya on shipping, though).

I have a very minimal load in this pouch. You can squeeze more in. Currently, I keep 1x 4pack of batteries. 4 batt caps. 1 toothpick (never know when you'll need one). Launch Box. 1 Glass stem. 1 Cool Case mini to keep ground up herb in. Though, not in the pictures, I JUST found out that the WPA fits very nicely into this as well.

You can also cram quite a bit more in there, the bag has more room... I just find that this is all I need on a typical venture out of the house i.e. to class, store, friends, etc. (Walmart hahaha).

OK, PICS... I just wanted to post these cause I know the "what's a good case?" question pops up a lot, and no one has said anything about Dime Bags. Oh, and they also make bong cases, laptop cases, backpacks and everything... made of hemp (which is neat, right?). And you get a sticker! haha

OH, sorry... I forget when rambling, but I believe all sizes 7" and up come with a smell-spill-water proof baggie... it's a nice little baggie, but I lost mine. It's good to keep the launch box in due to the vapor-goo smell it sometimes puts off after you've used the box for quite some time (also to keep oiled up stems in).

OK, now the pics haha

2011-09-09103734.jpg

2011-09-09103801.jpg

2011-09-09103840.jpg

2011-09-09103958.jpg

2011-09-09104011.jpg

and here's the kind of lame secret pocket...
2011-09-09104117.jpg

sorry for the big pictures, don't really know what to do about resizing...

wake n blake,

Dberm

Hey if you try scratching the positive connection with something be careful. Those rods are copper clad steel, and if you scratch the surface of copper off I don't know that the box would work that well.

That otterbox looks like great construction, just a little bulky. I wear baggy clothes when snowboarding, but I still feel like that could be a little big. Then again for under $10 that thing looks like it could take a hit from a rail and be alright. **EDIT** just saw that the case is waterproof! That's really appealing to me now... any chance you could snag some pictures of everything in there?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003DSCU72
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OBXVXM

These were the two cases I went for. They look like they have a small form factor and will hopefuly be strong enough to withstand some abuse. Should be here today... I'll throw some pictures up if it works out.

Dberm,

Dberm

Thanks for all those pictures and the description wake n bake!

Looks like a nice case, the only thing for me that probably wouldn't work is the fact that when the case is open everything is kind of loose in there. If I were on a chair lift I could see myself opening that sucker up and dropping something out.

Dberm,

BradSR20

hello everyone :peace:

I've been noticing some less-than-optimal output from my LB lately, and was wondering if anyone has encountered this. I tried searching and looking through this thread, but 500+ pages is tough. I'm happy to see everyone enjoying and expanding on their LB experiences though.

Basically, to put it in bullet point form:

- Have had LB under a year, passed the learning curve on the first week. Have been hitting it like a champ, showed friends how to use it, and they have subsequently purchased their own
- I have powerex 2700s, plus the c9000 charger. I take care of my batteries and all that.
- Recently did a fairly extensive iso-cleaning to the trench, and tried to clean out the inside cavities per the vaporpedia instructions
- Compared my LB hit-for-hit with a friend's newer one last weekend, and there is a world of difference. Using new batteries as well. I can't even get my material to combust if I leave the battery in for 30+ sec. I foolishly asploaded the trench in my friends' because I wasn't used to how quick you can ignite.
- Always use box in native mode, and only use on the weekends 3-4 times, and maybe once or twice during the week. I.E. I'm not using it 24/7, or else I'd expect something of this nature to happen.

Short of getting out a hydrometer and recording scientific data, I don't know of any other way to prove that my LB is starting to fade. I've been chatting over email with magic flight support, but I'm mostly getting the "you're doing it wrong" speech. I can only imagine how many "THIS THING DONT WORK!!!" emails they get daily, but I can assure you my technique is proper.

Any advice? I know I can't be the only person this has happened to.

Thank you!!:peace:

BradSR20,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Boredstupd said:
Does this look like it will work with the wpa? http://media.grasscity.com/media/ca.../298x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g8.jpg small and cheap . Any other suggestions are welcomed in the same price range. <$50 shipped I saw many ideas, but can't find them at a decent price. I know you get what you pay for, and if this worked it would be so great
Although it is cheap.. it may have too much volume in the bubble to be the perfect MFLB WPA bong..
and...
It does not come with a downstem made for the WPA.. it has a "smoking" bowl (correct joint size though!)..
this means you will need to buy a 14m downstem... after you measure the length downstem you need.
The downstem could cost as high as $16... unless you search and find the right one for less.
DSC00103.jpg

These bongs are great and are sturdy. Each comes with the proper downstem.
The one on the right is not as suitable for use with the WPA as the one on the left, although I have used both with my box. The one on the left is ideal. These can be found for $40 in headshops (check the downstem!!)
and if you find a place online... that is a fair price.
It should cost no more than $50 delivered. If you need help let me know.
I have a new plan of action for helping anyone out there that is having trouble with the function of any vape.
We can get on Skype, and we can do a vape session together.. and if there were issues, I will happily talk you through getting a good vape hit.
Skype is free!

Vitolo,

RumbleShorts

Vitolo said:
I have a new plan of action for helping anyone out there that is having trouble with the function of any vape.
We can get on Skype, and we can do a vape session together.. and if there were issues, I will happily talk you through getting a good vape hit.
Skype is free!

Vito,
There went any free time you may have had! You're going to need a receptionist to help schedule your Skype sessions!
Joking aside, what a generous offer to the community. You truly are the Don of our vaping family! I will definitely take you up on the Skype session once the Zap gets here and maybe throw in a MFB trench while we are at it. Just to make sure i pick up any tips I may be missing.

RumbleShorts,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am online all day.
What I do with my time (free time and otherwise).. is vape, learn, vape, answer questions, and vape.
Having a pal with me while I vape.. is easier than trying to type as I "shake that Launch Box"!
(I help local CardHolding Patients to learn better vape use here in my home)
I have been considering this for months now....
Live online "hit help".
Looks like we're there!

Vitolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Skype doesn't seem to like me. I've tried installing it on my laptop and smartphone. It always says my password is too short when I know it isn't. Or, it sits thinking forever, and refuses to continue the process of registration. :(

Vicki,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Vicki said:
Skype doesn't seem to like me. I've tried installing it on my laptop and smartphone. It always says my password is too short when I know it isn't. Or, it sits thinking forever, and refuses to continue the process of registration. :(
Try this

Abysmal Vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
Vito, you can do private chats on the FC chat. Plus you can keep up on what all us goofballs are doing!

oh, u don't like the typing...

@ BradSR20: my launchbox runs cool also. With a brand new powerex 2700 it can almost combust, but no matter. As long as I can get a hit I'm happy.

cluffy,
Partaking in a Skype LB session with Vitolo would be soo awesome :ko:
and it would be an honor to gain any of your vaporizer knowledge which is second to none!

And as far as pocket size cases go, Burton 420 kit is BEAST

I have seen like 5 different models of them and its difficult to find these ones new but they are still out there

Seagullmeat,
Top Bottom