Kaptan

Tresnar said:
I've logged a few months on my MFLB and a week or two on my PA.

The MFLB has been treating me wonderfully when well set up, although I've found the battery-management to be a real downside for me. It requires a good brand of battery and a fresh charge - either from careful preparation (dedicating many batteries to it and charging every day), or from additional equipment such as a fast charger.

I'd say with a fast charger it is ready for heavy use, but even then, there's definitely a learning curve with friends. The MFLB's learning curve seems to be about "halfway through the second session". I never thought of "inhale slow and warm, remove and shake" as being too advanced, but it seems like each person just has to see for themselves - watch it brown a little, and then get caught off guard by a smile.

My favorite "additional" equipment though, is the power adapter. Rather than a fast charger at $60, I'd get it. The car use is incomparable, and even indoors it isn't terribly inconvenient. And ... it's super super reliable. Draw speed no longer is a learning curve issue, it's just down to taste and preference. SUPER SUPER controllable, with a spot on the knob for anyone. When first trying it, the only accident was getting too excited and overloading the trench. With a slow inhale (open your nose a little so you could breathe through it, but instead go as slow as possible through your mouth) I had milky thick smoke, and STILL only a lightly after smell. It kept going and going, with plenty more waiting for another go.

Stock was out on the car portion of the PA, however it's an inexpensive adapter ($10) since it just needs to take 12V from the car with no conversion.

PS: The button on the simulated battery for my PA is ... partly or completely non-functional. (It doesn't toggle the power, however when I don't push the button sometimes the power indicator in the MFLB draw appears weaker and no vapor is produced). Is this something that is remotely user serviceable? I know the MFLB guys will set it straight if not.

This was posted earlier in the thread and should help you fix the problem with the PA

magicflight said:
Taroth said:
magicflight said:
... tightening the ring on the switch end of the battery plug does fix many PA issues. We recommend that one quick fix if you hare having problems with either not enough heat or not turning on is to use a small paperclip bent to fit the two small holes on that end, and tightening the ring (please don't make the ring too tight)...

Could you be more specific or post a picture? I'm not sure what you mean by the "ring" on the "switch end". Is that the battery-like thing, the adapter, or the cylinder converter? I'm guessing switch means its on the converter but I don't see any holes.

Hi,

In the passage above, I was referring to one end of the 'battery-like thing' -- the part that you plug into the Box itself instead of inserting a battery. Once you have plugged the PA into a Box, the switch end sticks out and has a little black button in the center (ie, the button that when pressed usually turns the PA on). That switch button is surrounded by a silver ring nut with two tiny holes on either side of the button. Sometimes that ring loosens and the PA stops working -- a problem we are retooling to fix in the planned production build. This is exactly this sort of thing we do a beta build to find out -- to identify any remaining issues in testing before a general product release.

If you think that you want to tighten the ring, find a smaller paperclip and open/bend it until the two ends of the paperclip wire are aligned and parallel to one another at about the same distance apart as the two holes mentioned above. With the PA in the Box (makes it easier to hold), you can insert the two paperclip ends into the holes. Holding or pinching the paperclip as close to the PA as possible, try turning it to the right (clockwise). If the ring is loose, it will tighten easily. Note, if you make it too tight, you will be compressing the switch itself and it will not turn off correctly.

-- Magic-Flight

Kaptan,

Kaptan

Opus said:
Hey all!
Long time listener, first time caller.
I've been reading this thread for a long time and I'm finally going to pull the trigger on getting the MFLB. Definitely going to need some extra batteries it sounds like. Any consensus on what batteries/charger to buy. I'd prefer to not buy the batteries or charger online because it's a hassle for me. Someone who doesn't want me smoking see's my credit card statement :/. Thanks in advance and happy to finally register on this forum. Keep up the good work guys

And I know there's a lot of info scattered about this thread regarding batteries, but it's a very long thread and a concise little rundown of batteries would be really appreciated (even if it's just requoted.) BTW im willing to spend like $60 after the cost of the LB to get all set up. Thanks again!

You will save a lot by purchasing the charger/bartteries online. The best charger/battery combo that most are using with the box is the Maha C9000 charger with 2700mah powerex batteries. Here's a link and a damn good price too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...012&cm_re=maha_charger-_-17-355-012-_-Product

Kaptan,

weedemon

enthusiast
Kaptan said:
You will save a lot by purchasing the charger/bartteries online. The best charger/battery combo that most are using with the box is the Maha C9000 charger with 2700mah powerex batteries. Here's a link and a damn good price too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...012&cm_re=maha_charger-_-17-355-012-_-Product

I would like to +1 this and say i did just that. the more powerful batteries (Powerex 2700's. I heard good things about the 2400 immedions too but have not tried them.) make a nice difference with giving you more heat and lasting longer too. I haven't used the weaker 2000 stock batteries for myself since then.

Opus, a battery charger doesn't look like a paraphernalia purchase does it? AA batteries and a charger? I know what you mean, as i used to find myself in a similar situation with the folks seeing the statements.

weedemon,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I like the idea. I don't need this thing and I probably wouldn't use it if I had it--but I want one. In koa, please.

pakalolo, I feel you. :lol: Maybe we should start "Vapor Accessories Anonymous".

momofthegoons,

Opus

weedemon said:
Kaptan said:

I would like to +1 this and say i did just that. the more powerful batteries (Powerex 2700's. I heard good things about the 2400 immedions too but have not tried them.) make a nice difference with giving you more heat and lasting longer too. I haven't used the weaker 2000 stock batteries for myself since then.

Opus, a battery charger doesn't look like a paraphernalia purchase does it? AA batteries and a charger? I know what you mean, as i used to find myself in a similar situation with the folks seeing the statements.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. And right, the batteries aren't suspicious at all. I'd just have to come up for a legitimate reason for needing them.

Opus,

Adaox

momofthegoons said:
I like the idea. I don't need this thing and I probably wouldn't use it if I had it--but I want one. In koa, please.

pakalolo, I feel you. :lol: Maybe we should start "Vapor Accessories Anonymous".

Can I join? :p

Opus said:
Thanks for the feedback, guys. And right, the batteries aren't suspicious at all. I'd just have to come up for a legitimate reason for needing them.

Double a's go in everything. :) you're just trying to save money with rechargables!

(plus rechargeable batteries are better for the environment.)

Adaox,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Adaox said:
momofthegoons said:

Can I join? :p

You already have! Fuck Combustion is the Vaporist Anonymous community...careful though, cause once you've logged on, you can NOT stop!

I really do laugh when i read a post saying something along the lines of, I'm looking for the one Vape that will fill my needs, or Im looking for a Vape to do this and I'll be all set. Knowing from personal experience, that you could have one, and as satisfied as you are, you need another!

Purpl3_Haz3,

slvelocity

So I know there's something called goo-gone at hardware stores for removing the gunk off the batteries but is there any household stuff that might work too? I've tried rubbing alcohol and that didn't work lol

slvelocity,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Lighter fluid, i recall using it take sticky labels off of, lighters with it...not the butane kind, the kind in the yellow ronson bottle, or whatever brand Not compressed, liquid

Purpl3_Haz3,

Tresnar

If you're like suuuuuper all kinds of bored, you could just try everything. The lighter fluid like he said, or the nail polish remover in my list are the practical choices for sure though.

Alcohol
Nail Polish Remover (Acetone)
Original/Toxic Sharpie (Varies, often Xylene + Toluene)
Lighter Fluid (Naphtha)
Facial Cleasing Pads (Varies)
Vinegar's also useful sometimes, but I doubt it applies.

Tresnar,

blooman2

heating element won't work (merged)

I have purchased a magic flight a couple of months ago. I have not used it too much yet and I have a problem with it. My batteries are fully charged and when I push one in,the heating element will not turn red and heat up. I am pushing the battery in far enough but still no red glow. Needless to say this has put a halt to my vaping. What can I do to rectify this problem. I am using the batteries that came with the magic flight.

blooman2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
blooman2 said:
I have purchased a magic flight a couple of months ago. I have not used it too much yet and I have a problem with it. My batteries are fully charged and when I push one in,the heating element will not turn red and heat up. I am pushing the battery in far enough but still no red glow. Needless to say this has put a halt to my vaping. What can I do to rectify this problem. I am using the batteries that came with the magic flight.

The red glow is not the heating element, it is from a small light that is supposed to show that you have made a connection, and secondarily to give you an idea of how strong your battery is.

The heating element is the mesh screen. With an empty trench and open cover, insert a fully charged battery and place your hand over but not touching the trench. You should be able to feel heat within seconds. If not, your LB is faulty and Magic-Flight will replace it. If you are getting heat, the light has failed. This is not covered by the warranty.

pakalolo,

Pancakes

I would just like to add my two cents to this thread, having used the power adapter for over 3 months now (I've owned my MFLB for about 5). I have to say, the PA really does change the dynamics of the technique.

First, I have to say the PA is a must-have if your MFLB is your primary vaping device. I'm not sure if it's still in its beta phase, but definitely do try to acquire one as soon as it's available! It has saved me an enormous amount of frustration with batteries.

On to the device itself: My favorite advantage is that it delivers a consistent power supply. This comes in handy for personal use, but also in the enlightening process in converting friends to LBoxers. I used my girlfriend's nail polish (at least that's what i tell them) to create a heat indicator to adjust its power level. It ranges from neon blue (barely vaping) to slutty slut red (for power levels exceeding 9000). Basically, I created a system where I have a different technique for each power setting.

I usually let noobs start at a low power setting and instruct them to inhale very slowly and consistently. This is perfect, as if they are too slow at least the herbs aren't charring.

Once they exhale and complain they barely got anything, i take them up one level at a time, about 4 altogether. They have always perfected the technique by that time, and totally forget they ever said they weren't getting big milky hits of wasted vapor. They also wonder why there is a sandwich in their hand and they are halfway into the movie Titanic, paused at the scene where Jack draws Rose nude but that's another story.

One tip I have, and I don't really know about the safety concerns, is to practice your technique at specific temperatures using a clear bendy straw as a guide (bend not required). With a high temperature, you'll want to inhale much faster to avoid burning your crops. I use a straw as it lets me visually see how much vapor is coming out of the unit, and i can adjust my draw rate appropriately since i can watch the trench and hole from a better perspective. It will also keep your girlfriends slutty red lipstick off your box (I swear its not mine.... maybe).

Basically, the power adapter is the pinnacle of personal vaping. It makes mastering the Box as simple as learning how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. No more stupid friends burning your precious, precious gold. Its power scale allows advanced users to instantly turn their newbie friendly device into something something Snoop Dogg.

Pancakes,

willieR

Been here since 2009
Pancake that was a very enjoyable post. Detailed and funny. Nice to have you here.

willieR,

CutePanda

I'm removing the goo from my powerex batteries using a white rubber eraser. Takes about 15-20 mins per battery and some man strength, but it works!

CutePanda,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
momofthegoons said:
purpl3, you should hit Ed up on this idea of yours. He would probably be able to make these "battery boxes" easily and they could be in great wood types. It would be a great addition, as well as his wood stems. :)

I got the email earlier and gotta say thank you for the inquiry, have been thinking of it here and there, it seems like all it would be is just simply a battery sleeve with a spring in the end to push the battery out into the box correct? it seems simply enough, its sure worth another thought.

I have been enjoying my LB, have turned a few people onto it, even a couple of first timers to vapor. Its been fun, I keep eye balling the 2700's and the charger, really wanna get a PA, I need to make something happen, I am still surprised by how much I get off on what looks like nothing when I exhale, this thing is like dy-no-mite!!!

Hello group, I am a vapor acc. enabler...

Ed's TnT,

slvelocity

Just gotta say again how much I love this PA. Word of warning though... you are prone to vaping A LOT more once you get it....

slvelocity,

sundaddy

aesthyrian said:
sundaddy said:
Although they have a lifetime warranty, I had to get a back-up just because I'm that kind of guy. Anything I own that I love so much, I've got back-ups. It paid off last year, I pierced the screen in mine hours before I was heading off to the beach for the week with my family. Needless to say MF replaced my box, but man was I glad I had a back-up.

Good point, I too was thinking of doing this. But then when I needed a warranty replacement they got it too me in 2 days :cool: Magic Flight is awesome!

I couldn't go 2 days without it!

sundaddy,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
weedemon said:
BuddahMonk said:
Does the charger deal at newegg come with 4 2700mah batteries?

yes it did! :) most other sites did not come with a set of batts too.

Awesome, thanks for posting this, I am buying the set now, cant wait!

Ed's TnT,
Top Bottom