Adaox

Just poppin in here to say hi and see what mods people use for the mouth piece/stem.

I've personally taken the no2 plastic whip and mouth piece and attached it to the small stock plastic stem... What a difference it makes! I can let the battery work it's magic and set me up for a FAT hit. When stealth isn't an issue, this is the only way I get down with the MFLB these days.

Adaox,

willieR

Been here since 2009
That's OK... I'm patient. Not sure that I want it given the power of the 2700s. I like not being tethered to a power chord, personally, but might get one just the same.

willieR,

slvelocity

willieR said:
That's OK... I'm patient. Not sure that I want it given the power of the 2700s. I like not being tethered to a power chord, personally, but might get one just the same.

If you're a heavy user you'll definitely want one. I tried holding out past the beta too but charging batteries multiple times during the day got really annoying.

slvelocity,

weedemon

enthusiast
slvelocity said:
If you're a heavy user you'll definitely want one. I tried holding out past the beta too but charging batteries multiple times during the day got really annoying.

haha i know what you mean, im glad the charger i bought works quickly! :) im running off batts. basically with the 4 2700's i have o have 2 in the charger most of the time, and i'm workin on the other 2 while the others go. I also have 4 more 2000 mAh eneloops, but i have those for backup only if my otehrs are all dead, or i have a noob using my mflb. It's a piss off when someone burns the trench and temp ruins the taste :p

no PA for me either yet either willieR, ill also wait for retail/final release. but it's hard waiting. :p

**edit

Medme, that post below me here makes me wanna buy the pa even more now. haha you jerk! :p

still gonna wait for now though.

weedemon,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
ok,,, i just want to say,,, i am totally impressed with the service i've gotten from MAGIC-FLIGHT...i've only had my MFLB for about a month and i love it... i've only used one other vaporizer and it was a cheap $120 model that i don't use at all(a waste of money). I'm a HEAVY med user, and i picked up on using the LB right off. As the batteries were used a few times they got better, and i was loving it! Then i saw a vid on the power adapter and did my research and ordered one. Once we got my shipping address right, i got it in 3 days... I HAVEN'T USED A BATTERY SINCE.... its like a fresh battery that NEVER loses power and i have it turned down some!
If my LB ever broke, i buy a new one,,,BUT,,, i won't have to, they have a life-time warranty..
THANK YOU MAGIC-FLIGHT you've made my world better!

medme,

sundaddy

Although they have a lifetime warranty, I had to get a back-up just because I'm that kind of guy. Anything I own that I love so much, I've got back-ups. It paid off last year, I pierced the screen in mine hours before I was heading off to the beach for the week with my family. Needless to say MF replaced my box, but man was I glad I had a back-up.

sundaddy,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
weedemon said:
slvelocity said:

haha i know what you mean, im glad the charger i bought works quickly! :) im running off batts. basically with the 4 2700's i have o have 2 in the charger most of the time, and i'm workin on the other 2 while the others go. I also have 4 more 2000 mAh eneloops, but i have those for backup only if my otehrs are all dead, or i have a noob using my mflb. It's a piss off when someone burns the trench and temp ruins the taste :p

no PA for me either yet either willieR, ill also wait for retail/final release. but it's hard waiting. :p

**edit

Medme, that post below me here makes me wanna buy the pa even more now. haha you jerk! :p

still gonna wait for now though.

I sure don't mind testing it for ya... wanna buy some used batteries??? lol,,, jk,, i MIGHT leave the house!
thanks AGAIN magic-flight.... i can't say enough,,, well maybe i can,, don't get me started!!

medme,

stoneface

Hi, I just got my mflb a week ago. After trial and error I've finally got it down, but I have some questions:

This is my first vape, I've been a heavy daily mj smoker for yrs. After I finally got high from the LB last night, I smoked a bowl in my pipe and actually didn't like it!

However, I noticed:

- I still cough after every hit. In fact, I get a lot of phlegm. It seems like I have a lot more when I'm vaping. I normally have lots of phlegm tho. This is also my first day of not smoking.

- It feels harder on my lungs than I was expecting.

- The high is more enjoyable than I thought it would be. I feel effects almost immediately as well. I worry that I burned it so I inspect the trench everytime but see no black. I am not tired after I come down, either.

I am worried about the coughing/phlegm...am I doing it wrong still? I don't want to have to rig my LB to a bong, I would prefer to enjoy it as it is.

Thanks!!

stoneface,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
i think some of the flem coming up is cause the smoking isn't holding it down,,, when i quit smoking cigs, i coughed alot at first, coughing up flem and stuff,,,, after awhile it settled down,, kinda the same thing happened when i started using my MFLB, now that i've been using it awhile(about a month) it seems like i don't cough as much...btw,,, they told me i have COPD so i wanted to stop smoking completely.. i know its still not good for me,, but what ya gonna do? i don't like taking my pills.....

THANK YOU MAGIC-FLIGHT........

medme,
I was at the Natural Food Products Expo in Anaheim this past weekend and my coworker tells me a company called Vapor Brothers was there selling MFLBs! He also told me they were selling the PA. I really missed out!

shizlefonizle,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Sitting here vaping outta the LB this morning, and an idea hit me like a ton of bricks! I have only one complaint about the box, being the pressure required to hold the battery in with the push back ring installed. Although without the ring, its easy to forget that the battery is connected...so I've thought of a solution that could keep the battery from completing the circuit, while requiring a lot less pressure. In theory, it should make it a lot more like pressing a button, than squeezing the battery and box together...heres a picture to show you what I mean.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pretty much, you would remove the push back ring completely. Then this cap I thought up would cover the end of the battery that is exposed from the box. The battery would fit snuggly into the end of the outer gold piece. The blue piece is a sleeve that has an inner diameter just larger than the battery. The black diagonal lines represent a spring that would be around the battery. The spring would be between the outer cap, and the battery, pushing against the sleeve that is over the battery, the sleeve would rest against the box when no pressure is applied , but when the battery is pushed, the spring would compress, and the sleeve would be able to slide into the outer cap enough for the battery to make contact. With the battery pushed in, the sleeve would be unseen, as the outer (gold) piece would be flush with the box. Once you let go, the spring would push against the sleeve, and would pull the battery back. As long as the battery fit snug enough into the end cap to compensate for the friction of the contact ring in the box. The spring would need to have enough tension to pull the battery back, yet require less pressure to compress than the push back ring.

The other main purpose of this mod, would be to remove the metallic look of the battery. I have seen that other members have upgrade to wooden stems for their LB, giving it a more natural look than the plastic one. I figured that this battery cover, and the sleeve piece could possibly be made of wood, either the same as the box, or something that would compliment it well...

If you have questions or cant make out the picture, or description, let me know...thanks

Purpl3_Haz3,

Adaox

Well this is exciting.

For a simple solution, you may consider taking a razor blade to the installed push back ring to take some of the thickness out. That should make it easier to push in while serving it's original purpose.

Adaox,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Adaox said:
Well this is exciting.

For a simple solution, you may consider taking a razor blade to the installed push back ring to take some of the thickness out. That should make it easier to push in while serving it's original purpose.

Yeah, actually thought of tha a while back, never did it though...but Im about to! Lol, figure it should make it easier for now like you said.

Still want to make this, or see one made. Love the way Eds TnT's LB stems look with the box, figure this would take care of the one other less natural looking part. It just looks like such a "back to basics" device without the battery...like a pipe made out of a stone, used to have one, loved it because of the smplicity and reuse of a natural thing.

Edit, adaox, if ed can make the stem you requested in his thread, the longer one, I am digging that idea. Id like one in the a wood thats the same or close to the original lite colored box.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Opus

Hey all!
Long time listener, first time caller.
I've been reading this thread for a long time and I'm finally going to pull the trigger on getting the MFLB. Definitely going to need some extra batteries it sounds like. Any consensus on what batteries/charger to buy. I'd prefer to not buy the batteries or charger online because it's a hassle for me. Someone who doesn't want me smoking see's my credit card statement :/. Thanks in advance and happy to finally register on this forum. Keep up the good work guys

And I know there's a lot of info scattered about this thread regarding batteries, but it's a very long thread and a concise little rundown of batteries would be really appreciated (even if it's just requoted.) BTW im willing to spend like $60 after the cost of the LB to get all set up. Thanks again!

Opus,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
purpl3, you should hit Ed up on this idea of yours. He would probably be able to make these "battery boxes" easily and they could be in great wood types. It would be a great addition, as well as his wood stems. :)

momofthegoons,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
sundaddy said:
Although they have a lifetime warranty, I had to get a back-up just because I'm that kind of guy. Anything I own that I love so much, I've got back-ups. It paid off last year, I pierced the screen in mine hours before I was heading off to the beach for the week with my family. Needless to say MF replaced my box, but man was I glad I had a back-up.

Good point, I too was thinking of doing this. But then when I needed a warranty replacement they got it too me in 2 days :cool: Magic Flight is awesome!

aesthyrian,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
momofthegoons said:
purpl3, you should hit Ed up on this idea of yours. He would probably be able to make these "battery boxes" easily and they could be in great wood types. It would be a great addition, as well as his wood stems. :)

Thanks for the tip!

I'll send him a message.

Purpl3_Haz3,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
momofthegoons said:

That was my first thought as well. It could also have a cap so you have a handsome container for when the battery isn't in use.

My second thought--and this i only a minor issue I think--is that removing the battery from the box becomes a two-step process. If the wood sleeve has enough friction to bring the battery with it when you remove it from the LB, then it will not be easy to press for a hit.

Edited because I was using "cap" in a confusing manner...

pakalolo,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
pakalolo said:
momofthegoons said:

That was my first thought as well. It could also have a cap so you have a handsome container for when the battery isn't in use.

My second thought--and this i only a minor issue I think--is that removing the battery from the box becomes a two-step process. If the wood sleeve has enough friction to bring the battery with it when you remove it from the LB, then it will not be easy to press for a hit.

The sleeve is loose, should move freely. The outer piece, is what holds on to the battery. The flat end of the battery would fit suggly into the end piece. The sleeve just acts as a space between the box and the spring, so when younlet go, the spring pushes against the sleeve.

I edited my original post, and replaced the picture i drew with an updated one, should be easier to figure out

To make thisless confusing, youncould just have no sleeve. Just use a spring that goes all the way from the edgenof the box, to the top of the inside of the battery shell cap thing.

Purpl3_Haz3,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
pakalolo said:
momofthegoons said:

The sleeve is loose, should move freely. The outer piece, is what holds on to the battery. The flat end of the battery would fit suggly into the end piece. The sleeve just acts as a space between the box and the spring, so when younlet go, the spring pushes against the sleeve.

I edited my original post, and replaced the picture i drew with an updated one, should be easier to figure out

To make thisless confusing, youncould just have no sleeve. Just use a spring that goes all the way from the edgenof the box, to the top of the inside of the battery shell cap thing.

I thought some more about this and I am wrong. If there is not enough friction between the sleeve and the battery then the spring will not break the contact when you release pressure. The sleeve has to be tight enough to allow the contact to be broken but not so tight you can't exchange batteries.

I like the idea. I don't need this thing and I probably wouldn't use it if I had it--but I want one. In koa, please.

pakalolo,
Hello everyone, 7 days after my order, I just got my MFLB .... very very nice ... I just try really really cool .... you know what? I'm so happy .... I quickly order the AC adapter:lol::lol:

Franckydiam,

Tresnar

I've logged a few months on my MFLB and a week or two on my PA.

The MFLB has been treating me wonderfully when well set up, although I've found the battery-management to be a real downside for me. It requires a good brand of battery and a fresh charge - either from careful preparation (dedicating many batteries to it and charging every day), or from additional equipment such as a fast charger.

I'd say with a fast charger it is ready for heavy use, but even then, there's definitely a learning curve with friends. The MFLB's learning curve seems to be about "halfway through the second session". I never thought of "inhale slow and warm, remove and shake" as being too advanced, but it seems like each person just has to see for themselves - watch it brown a little, and then get caught off guard by a smile.

My favorite "additional" equipment though, is the power adapter. Rather than a fast charger at $60, I'd get it. The car use is incomparable, and even indoors it isn't terribly inconvenient. And ... it's super super reliable. Draw speed no longer is a learning curve issue, it's just down to taste and preference. SUPER SUPER controllable, with a spot on the knob for anyone. When first trying it, the only accident was getting too excited and overloading the trench. With a slow inhale (open your nose a little so you could breathe through it, but instead go as slow as possible through your mouth) I had milky thick smoke, and STILL only a lightly after smell. It kept going and going, with plenty more waiting for another go.

Stock was out on the car portion of the PA, however it's an inexpensive adapter ($10) since it just needs to take 12V from the car with no conversion.

PS: The button on the simulated battery for my PA is ... partly or completely non-functional. (It doesn't toggle the power, however when I don't push the button sometimes the power indicator in the MFLB draw appears weaker and no vapor is produced). Is this something that is remotely user serviceable? I know the MFLB guys will set it straight if not.

EDIT: Button cover was on too tight. A tiny unscrewing as directed and now the gentlest hold on the button keeps it on and it flips totally off when I let go of the button.

Tresnar,

slvelocity

By remotely user serviceable do you mean warranty? If not I'd like to ask if anyone knows if the PA is covered by the warranty lol

slvelocity,
Top Bottom