al bundy

Vaporist
CutePanda said:
Space Case grinders are definitely a solid investment. I've used the small 4 piece one that I purchased for $65 3+ years ago at school and it grinds like a champion. At home, I use a Sharp Stone 2" clear top that I purchased for $24.95 and it is nowhere near as good as the Space Case. How fine sometimes depends on your herb imo.

Edit: I just broke down and purchased the powerex 2700 charger/battery set on newegg for $49.99. They will come in handy since MF ran out of the car adapters for the PA. I'll keep the 2 stock batteries as last resort batteries as they aren't powerful enough for my thick cloud appetite.

I'm going to go back and re-read some of the posts, but if anyone knows any other products besides goo-gunk and wd-40 that will remove the shit from the battery, please do let me know.

i believe you can get the car adapter that aomazap has for theyre zap vapes.
from what i can see you can get a reg 12 volt car adapter with the right tip and it should work. either way it runs on 12 volts.

the beta Pa puts out:
input:100-240v 50/60hz 0.5a max output: 12v 1250mA

al bundy,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Prolly a silly question, but because I just got this great new battery case, I have been wondering. Howoften do you charge you spares to keep them fresh and ready for use. I am cycling thru about 6 batteries right now, so I am just trying to get a general consensus of what some of you others are doing...

Bluntcrush,

BigRed

Hi There! I've been shopping for my first vaporizer and your forums really helped me to decide on the LB, so thanks for all of the great info.

Got it yesterday and am trying to get the feel for it. I'm a heavy smoker and am trying to switch to vaporizing to lessen the damage I'm doing to my lungs. Plus the stealth factor will allow me to enjoy longer days out...if I start to hurt I can just pop into a restroom instead of coming home early.

I'm finding that I miss the flavor of the herb...and I'm not finding that it's as effective as traditional methods. I feel like I'm using significantly more herb and not getting the full benefit. I'm still in love with the concept and am confident that I made the right choice...I just need to keep reading here & learn about the ways to make it better! :)

BigRed,

weedemon

enthusiast
BigRed said:
Hi There! I've been shopping for my first vaporizer and your forums really helped me to decide on the LB, so thanks for all of the great info.

Got it yesterday and am trying to get the feel for it. I'm a heavy smoker and am trying to switch to vaporizing to lessen the damage I'm doing to my lungs. Plus the stealth factor will allow me to enjoy longer days out...if I start to hurt I can just pop into a restroom instead of coming home early.

I'm finding that I miss the flavor of the herb...and I'm not finding that it's as effective as traditional methods. I feel like I'm using significantly more herb and not getting the full benefit. I'm still in love with the concept and am confident that I made the right choice...I just need to keep reading here & learn about the ways to make it better! :)

Hey man, Welcome to the world of vaporizers!

there is one thing you need to know. when you vape you are not burning the weed anymore, and as a result part of that "high" from before is lost. you are losing the carbon monoxide(an air pollutant that is actually very deadly in high doses) and a bunch of other nasty chemicals that are a byproduct of burning your plant material when smoking. so yes it is a different high when you vape. Vaping is much more pure and targeted at the part we all love about the plant, The THC.

that wiki i referenced in my other reply here would also be very helpful for you too! check it out! there are tips. http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

to get you started though try to hit it as slowly and lightly as possible. you know when you hit a doob in micro hits? try that too.

Bluntcrush said:
Prolly a silly question, but because I just got this great new battery case, I have been wondering. How often do you charge you spares to keep them fresh and ready for use. I am cycling thru about 6 batteries right now, so I am just trying to get a general consensus of what some of you others are doing...

that's a good question.

well it depends on what type of batteries you have. the ones that came with my mfbl were 2000 mAh LD batteries. (i know this because the info was printed on the side thank goodness haha)

and the powerex 2700 mAh ones i have are HD.

below is some info from the mfbl "wiki": http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box

based on that if you are using LD batteries they will hold a charge once charged for a long time and don't have to be "topped up". The HD however like to lose their charge over time, so after a week( or even sooner) i would throw them back in the charger to top them up.

the battery gives it best effort in the first 30 s of use in the mflb and i can tell the difference between a fresh battery and one that has been used.

----
How do I choose between LSD and standard batteries?

There are two types of NiMH batteries available: low self-discharge (LSD) and high self-discharge (HSD).

LSD batteries:

* Have a shelf life measured in months
* Usually marketed as "pre-charged" or "ready-to-use"
* Have a lower capacity range (2000-2400 mAh)
* Can be damaged if charged too quickly (faster than 60 mins is not recommended)
* Best for LB use: Maha Imedion 2400 mAh

For many LB buyers, the Eneloop is a good choice. It has the advantage of holding a charge for much longer than most batteries. This is good since it ensures that the batteries can be delivered to the purchaser charged, even if the Box happens to be sitting on a retail store shelf for awhile. Many people seem to use the Box on an occasional or infrequent basis, and for these people, having batteries hold their charge for months is especially advantageous. One downside of the Eneloop batteries is that they should not be charged in fast (15 minute) chargers, as this can decrease the life of the battery.

HSD batteries:

* Have a shelf life measured in days, or weeks at best
* Have a higher capacity range (up to 2800 mAh)
* Can be used in fast chargers (15 mins)
* Best for heavy/frequent use: Maha Powerex 2700 mAh

For people who generally use the Box every day, or multiple times every day, Magic-Flight recommends the Powerex batteries. People who do this will need to be very sure to keep track of which batteries are which--this is important.

----------

Bottom line:
for LD batteries you can wait longer before having to recharge them (assuming you have not used them of course) maybe months. (Best for occasional users)
for HD, i don't want to wait longer than a week before i have them topped up and ready to go at peak performance. (Best for chronic users) :D

hope that helps

weedemon,

al bundy

Vaporist
thats what i thought too, you will get the hang of it.
one thing i noticed that once the box is heated up it works best for me.
i heat it up with a batt before i use maybe 20 seconds. or put it by the heat in the car ,

i fill trench to right below the rods.
im in ny and work out side but i use this in car with battery
4 batts last from morning until i get home. 2 2400 and 2 2600.
i charge them every night if i used them in the day.

Im gong to get 4 2700 powerex and the PA adapter.

each trench gets its own batt.
i smoked about 3 joints a day i do about 2-4 trenchs a day at work in car between jobs.

i had some real good regs and am VERY impressed. now the kush is even better but like i said with the regs was also very good. used a little more though

once heated i hit it in short bursts. a 1,2,maybe 3 count,
i can feel VERY slight heat when i vape,thats when im doing it right
dont even have to look through the lid.
A 1 2 3 count then wait like a 1-8 count with batt in
, take another short burst.then wait a6-8 count with batt in
a short burst....about 4 or 5 short burst and i get a nice hit even blow out a nice little cloud,

in between EVERY hit i either tap the box or hit it really hard to let the bud swirl then tap so it falls back in trench.
also grind it up good.

i use a small 1.5 -4 piece sharpstone(ordered it by accident a year ago and kept it)
and it works good. i hold it upside down so it grinds up real good before falling through the holes.
just keep using it.

i only took 2 hits off a joint since i started vaping and it tasted like crap.

all i have is this little box and its great
cant smell no weed smoke is great no reeking of weed.
.even in the car no weed smell.
and not coughing and hacking is the best.very impressed with that even only after 2-3 weeks of vaping. no papers no lighter.just thc the way it should be.

al bundy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
BigRed said:

If you are finding it less flavourful than smoking then you haven't got your technique down yet. From your description, I think you are drawing too hard. Try micro-hitting or pyromon's technique.

pakalolo,

danklover

Haven't forked over for a PA yet, but after my stock batteries have left something to be desired after a couple months of heavy use, i got the powerex 2700s. Holy smokes! What a difference...

My experience is that the box gets hotter and stays hotter longer than with the stock batts. I'm probably in the honeymoon period with them, especially since i'm still using the stock charger, but i'm so glad i upgraded and should have done so from the get go. A definite must for the heavier user or those who need more efficiency.

danklover,

greasewizard

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted here before but I thought it was pretty genius what this guy did.

2A7vJ.jpg

It seems there is a slight oversight in the design, as the MFLB need to be at a flat angle to properly vape. I dont know own a MFLB but I'm planning on getting one because of this cup thingo.

I was looking around and you could probably use this so the box lays flat. http://www.australianvaporizers.com...sories/magic-flight-launch-box-whip-tube.html

Anyways I'm on hoping on getting mine soon to enjoy some vape in the movies, whilst sipping from a innocent Mc'Donalds drink.

greasewizard,

lwien

^^ Very kool. I've seen that done with Iolites as well but this is even better. :)

lwien,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself to the MFLB club. I ordered mine Monday night and now anxiously awaiting its arrival (should be tomorrow :D).

The reason why I bought this vape is because it's cheap and discrete. I'm getting a little concerned however with the price of all the peripherals. The unit itself is $99, plus extra batteries & charger ~$50 and the power adapter which is $64. I know the last two things I mentioned are optional equipment, but most people seem dissatisfied with stock batteries/charger and the power adapter seems like a no-brainer for people who use the MFLB as their main workhorse at home (like myself). Once in the $150-200 range, maybe I should've opted for a PD/MZ or something equivalent in price? Although the portability is nice, I'm mainly going to use it at home. I don't know... I'm conflicted.

I've read some posts of other people in the same dilemma. The solution presented by the FC community was to get both! I'd love to do that but unfortunately the funds are tight so it's one or the other.

MajorDoobage,

vapirtoo

Hey Major
Love your username :lol:
I think that you made a wise choice.
There is a learning curve that takes
patience, but the rewards are great!
Read up on all the breathing methods
for LB satisfaction.
Welcome to the fold . :ko:

vapirtoo,

bruce48

You really dont need the pa right now.
A few pages back I linked to a high end 2700 4 piece battery package from newegg for 12 delivered. They work great with the charger you get with your box. So you would have 8 batteries which are plenty to run through.

bruce48,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
vapirtoo said:
Hey Major
Love your username :lol:
I think that you made a wise choice.
There is a learning curve that takes
patience, but the rewards are great!
Read up on all the breathing methods
for LB satisfaction.
Welcome to the fold . :ko:

Haha thanks, I got my name from Reggie Watts's stand-up routine where he asked if there are any "doobers" in the audience :lol: I got a kick out of that, never heard MJ users referred to as doobers.

I've done plenty of research on breathing techniques, using the LB naturally vs w/ the plastic tube, grinding the weed, etc and I feel like I have a good grasp on the fundamentals. I'm just worried about spending upwards of $200

MajorDoobage,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
bruce48 said:
You really dont need the pa right now.
A few pages back I linked to a high end 2700 4 piece battery package from newegg for 12 delivered. They work great with the charger you get with your box. So you would have 8 batteries which are plenty to run through.

Thanks bruce, I'll look into grabbing some

MajorDoobage,

weedemon

enthusiast
hello MajorDoobage, and welcome to FC! I only recently got the mfbl also, and let me tell you it was worth it. regarding batteries and chargers you can just buy the better batteries and use the stock charger (buy HD batteries though cause the stock charger i got charges at 1400 mAh - default) if you re on a budget. the PA does looks and sound really awesome, but i'm gonna wait for it to go retail before i get that part. i already have other vapes for home use as i bought this one for the portability factor. i was also really impressed with it too the taste is better than i can get on my volcano (maybe i should change the bag though)

on a side note, i let a friend use it tonight and he burned the trench. it now tastes like ass. :(

I have used the brush and hit empty trenches to burn off as much particulate as possible, but it doesn't taste "fresh" anymore. what can i do to clean it to get back to the nice taste it once had?

weedemon,

MajorDoobage

Stationary Traveler
weedemon said:
I have used the brush and hit empty trenches to burn off as much particulate as possible, but it doesn't taste "fresh" anymore. what can i do to clean it to get back to the nice taste it once had?

Hi and thanks for the info weedemon. This may be a bit of the blind leading the blind, but I saw a video where someone dipped the brush that comes with the MFLB in some iso alcohol and brushed the trench with it. I'm not sure how well it works, but the guy who made the video was definitely combusting his herbs (the trench and wood were black!) so the iso trick might help. In the video he saturated the bristles, I would go a bit lighter :)

MajorDoobage,

B.

War Criminal
ime, time is really the only thing that will cure a funky combustion flavor. and maybe a battery burn. heat the screen for a minute at a time or so without hitting it, let it cook off any nasties.

but more than anything, keep on usin it, the nasty taste will fade away.

B.,
jak5 said:
When I bought my MFLB it came with a grinder from vape world called the Aerospaced.

It grinds the herb but does not make it into the powder form that I was looking for in the MFLB.

Does anyone know a good grinder that amazon sells?

There are alot of knock offs but I am looking for a grinder that makes the herb in a very fine form.

someones selling theirs for $20 shipped http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=453 ;)

VaporBoxed,

purplechango

CutePanda said:
Space Case grinders are definitely a solid investment. I've used the small 4 piece one that I purchased for $65 3+ years ago at school and it grinds like a champion. At home, I use a Sharp Stone 2" clear top that I purchased for $24.95 and it is nowhere near as good as the Space Case. How fine sometimes depends on your herb imo.

Edit: I just broke down and purchased the powerex 2700 charger/battery set on newegg for $49.99. They will come in handy since MF ran out of the car adapters for the PA. I'll keep the 2 stock batteries as last resort batteries as they aren't powerful enough for my thick cloud appetite.

I'm going to go back and re-read some of the posts, but if anyone knows any other products besides goo-gunk and wd-40 that will remove the shit from the battery, please do let me know.

ISO works like a champ every single time. 91% from the drug store.

Peeling batteries just takes some patient pulling. Work one side of the label at a time till you reach the middle then apply even pressure as you pull.

From peel to wiping off goo it takes me 2 mins tops every single time

purplechango,

CocoPops

Hey guys,

Just wondering whether or not the beta AC power adapter is currently being distributed in the UK or just the US?

If not, then will the production line models have a UK retailer??

About to load another trench of kief and the AC adapter would make life even better right now :D

CocoPops,

PacifistK

I'm having an issue with Powerex 2700mAh batteries. If I use them in my MFLB without any herb, I'm getting a thin white oder-less smoke.

I'm concerned that this could be hazardous. I've tried cleaning thoroughly but it made no difference. I think it might be from accumulated resiny stuff under the screen, but I have no way to tell for sure.

Using the batteries that it came with does not exhibit this problem.

Any suggestions?

PacifistK,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
PacifistK said:
I'm having an issue with Powerex 2700mAh batteries. If I use them in my MFLB without any herb, I'm getting a thin white oder-less smoke.

I'm concerned that this could be hazardous. I've tried cleaning thoroughly but it made no difference. I think it might be from accumulated resiny stuff under the screen, but I have no way to tell for sure.

Using the batteries that it came with does not exhibit this problem.

Any suggestions?

I bet it's vapor residue, as it builds up on everything it touches, and the stock batteries don't get as hot as the new ones you have. The new ones get hot enough to vaporize that residue (Vape goo, wand hash, etc) so the "white smoke" is probably vapor.

Think of it like dry hitting a pipe for resin hits (gross IMO) but with Vape, its not resin, it's residue. Just stuff that cooled off before getting to you. So technically, you can medicate slightly with no herb.

Edit, shine a flashlight into the mouth hole, and you'll probaly see brownish, Goldman buildup inside the bottom, that's whats getting vaped.

Purpl3_Haz3,

weedemon

enthusiast
Purpl3_Haz3 said:
I bet it's vapor residue, as it builds up on everything it touches, and the stock batteries don't get as hot as the new ones you have. The new ones get hot enough to vaporize that residue (Vape goo, wand hash, etc) so the "white smoke" is probably vapor.

I was going to suggest the same thing. i also noticed on my recent switch to the new(2700) batteries that i see more vapour in the chamber. the old batters worked, but not like these... i can only imagine what the PA is like :p

weedemon,
Top Bottom