Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
george said:
Vicki said:
I wanted to ask this question to Launch Box owners because that is all I use now. So, the question is kinda irrelevant to other vaporizers.

This is a subject about just kief ABV. Not plant material ABV, just kief. I have a question for people that vap kief alone, or have had the opportunity to do so, in their Launch Box. How far do you take it? I mean, is there a point where nothing good remains, despite the fact that it is pure trichs? I get my kief very dark brown and mass decreases significantly, of course. I just wasn't sure if I might be missing any good stuff in my kief ABV.

How far do you take it when you are vaping just kief in your LB? Do you throw out anything, or save it? I remember people saying they have done this, so I would really like their opinions. :)

I'd like to know too, if people vape kief then put it in their ABV container? I vape mine till its dark brown/black, then just throw it out.

I've actually been saving mine until I found out if it might be any good.

Vicki,

george

Vicki said:
george said:
Vicki said:
I wanted to ask this question to Launch Box owners because that is all I use now. So, the question is kinda irrelevant to other vaporizers.

This is a subject about just kief ABV. Not plant material ABV, just kief. I have a question for people that vap kief alone, or have had the opportunity to do so, in their Launch Box. How far do you take it? I mean, is there a point where nothing good remains, despite the fact that it is pure trichs? I get my kief very dark brown and mass decreases significantly, of course. I just wasn't sure if I might be missing any good stuff in my kief ABV.

How far do you take it when you are vaping just kief in your LB? Do you throw out anything, or save it? I remember people saying they have done this, so I would really like their opinions. :)

I'd like to know too, if people vape kief then put it in their ABV container? I vape mine till its dark brown/black, then just throw it out.

You know, i dont see why there would be anything left. Kief is almost pure thc, unless some plant matter gets into there. So if you vape it, i dont know why anything would be left

george,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
george said:
Vicki said:
george said:

You know, i dont see why there would be anything left. Kief is almost pure thc, unless some plant matter gets into there. So if you vape it, i dont know why anything would be left

That's what I thought too, but a dark powder material remains, at least for me. I'm actually keeping my kief ABV separate from my plant material ABV. I'd love to know if anyone has made an edible from it.

Hmmmm, now I'm considering doing that. Maybe like a firecracker, but obviously using less kief ABV.

Vicki,

george

Vicki said:
george said:
Vicki said:

That's what I thought too, but a dark powder material remains, at least for me. I'm actually keeping my kief ABV separate from my plant material ABV. I'd love to know if anyone has made an edible from it.

Hmmmm, now I'm considering doing that. Maybe like a firecracker, but obviously using less kief ABV.

ya there's always some material left, i'd love to know if that works out... the firecracker thing

george,

hereatlast

For whatever its worth when I vape straight kief in other vapes I just add the ABV kief into my jar full of regular ABV; I don't see any reason for separating them. In my mind there's no drawback to dumping the kief into the ABV jar whereas I can't imagine collecting enough ABV kief to make edibles out of nothing else.

hereatlast,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Vicki said:
This video was posted on another forum by a member that was concerned his LB would look like this after 3 months. Everyone told him that this guy's box was not normal. He obviously combusted. It's really nasty looking. I hate to see a Launch Box look so bad. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Ed9Z51TBY

What made my jaw drop is the part of his description where he writes:

NOTE* I've had vapes that work like shit after two months(rhymes with "the peer") because they get clocked and grungy. This thing is clean on its own, but cleaning it out is no hassle either.

I couldn't bring myself to finish watching, but I did get pretty about six minutes in. Apparently he uses his LB to fill bags, and the way he does it is simply hook up a short whip & bag and push in the battery. Hello, Mr. Combustion!

It looks like he's done it a lot more than once. Later you get a quick look at the load he burns (and I think "burns" is the right verb) for his demo bag. It's black and green. It's not on long enough to tell for sure, but I think there could be smoke as well as vapor in that bag.

I wish he'd show up here and learn to use that Box properly. If he thinks he's happy with it now...

BTW Vicki, I tried kief in my LB once. I happen to prefer my four-piece grinder and it's pretty good at collecting kief. I don't miss it in my everyday usage and I like to be able to mix it into a load for an extra kick on special occasions. Someone here posted that he'd successfully used kief in his LB so I thought I'd try.

I filled the trench about a third full (sorry no idea how much that weighed) and hit it. I hadn't thought it through, so I was caught a bit off-guard when it immediately turned dark brown and fused into a little loaf. It looked all the world like the stuff we were told was Afghani back in yes that many years ago. I crumbled it up and it was not as dark on the inside so I hit it again. It clumped up a bit more so I crumbled and hit one more time. Then it was deep brown and there was so little left I just tossed it.

Effects? Yes, there were some. :ko:

pakalolo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
pakalolo said:
BTW Vicki, I tried kief in my LB once. I happen to prefer my four-piece grinder and it's pretty good at collecting kief. I don't miss it in my everyday usage and I like to be able to mix it into a load for an extra kick on special occasions. Someone here posted that he'd successfully used kief in his LB so I thought I'd try.

I filled the trench about a third full (sorry no idea how much that weighed) and hit it. I hadn't thought it through, so I was caught a bit off-guard when it immediately turned dark brown and fused into a little loaf. It looked all the world like the stuff we were told was Afghani back in yes that many years ago. I crumbled it up and it was not as dark on the inside so I hit it again. It clumped up a bit more so I crumbled and hit one more time. Then it was deep brown and there was so little left I just tossed it.

Effects? Yes, there were some. :ko:

I only spread a little bit on the very bottom of the screen, just to be conservative. My kief ABV is too powdery to crumble, so I just hit it til it's very dark brown. That's when I save it. Oh yeah, it knocks you for a loop. :lol:

Vicki,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Vicki said:
I mean, is there a point where nothing good remains, despite the fact that it is pure trichs?

Actually kief is not very pure at all. What you see remaining is actually plant material. If you were to throw some quality BHO in the LB there is absolutely nothing left after it vapes except for some slight discoloration of the screen. ABV from kief is no different than regular ABV.

DeepFried,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
DeepFried said:
Vicki said:
I mean, is there a point where nothing good remains, despite the fact that it is pure trichs?

Actually kief is not very pure at all. What you see remaining is actually plant material. If you were to throw some quality BHO in the LB there is absolutely nothing left after it vapes except for some slight discoloration of the screen. ABV from kief is no different than regular ABV.

ok, so I shouldn't bother saving it then? It would take me a good long while to save up enough kief ABV to even make one firecracker.

Vicki,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I know the directions say to fill the trench to the "shoulders" but that seems way too high. Getting close to trying this for the first time. Should i try a half trench? or what? Any good recommendations?

Hopefully doesn't run too hot.

Elluzion,

caseball2051

I have never filled mine that high before. I always fill mine with just enough to cover the bottom of the trench. maybe slightly more than that.

I was home during the summer and used the LB to get get a little extra out of my ABV from my MZ because I was able to use my home unit all the time. It worked great for that. I would put a stems worth of ABV and it would get a few hits from it.

caseball2051,

george

Elluzion said:
I know the directions say to fill the trench to the "shoulders" but that seems way too high. Getting close to trying this for the first time. Should i try a half trench? or what? Any good recommendations?

Hopefully doesn't run too hot.

I would do half trenches. This way, it conserves better, it's easier to shake the bud around, and if you burn it on accident it won't be as big of a loss.

george,

sundaddy

On the trench size; I used to load up around the rods / shoulders with my old box, I got a lot of build up of residue on the rods. I believe this build up affected the performance, and scraping the rods or the screen is a very delicate process (I destroyed my box trying). Now I only load below the rods. Also "shaking" the box is a bit messy, I have learned to tap on the bottom left and flip the load without any of it coming out of the trench.

sundaddy,
i remember magic-flite saying its mor efficient if since metal screen heats up to fill er up even over trench so sum herbals on shoulders after shake well

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

appa juice

I've noticed that if in between each hit I tap the box upside down and on each side, I can completely stir the bowl and get a completely even brown tone from my herbs if I vape for enough hits. If I add pollen from my grinder to my herbs, it seems to make the herbs stickier and I definitely get more hits. I bought the BC-700 awhile ago and it restored my Radioshack batteries fairly well, but I bought some Powerex's and am curious whether or not this will make the box significantly hotter? I know the wiki guide says it will, but about how much? Can I expect a noticeable difference, and how long does a battery typically last? I've seen guys say two trenches and guys say four trenches...

appa juice,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
i remember magic-flite saying its mor efficient if since metal screen heats up to fill er up even over trench so sum herbals on shoulders after shake well

The efficiency referred to here is about battery use, not herb efficiency. It takes the same amount of battery juice to heat the box up whether it is full or not, so why not fill her up and get the most out of your batteries.

stickstones,

coolgg

has anyone had experience using pure jwh-018 (in powder form) with the lb? i'm assuming it would be just like vaping kief but maybe i'm wrong

coolgg,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
coolgg said:
has anyone had experience using pure jwh-018 (in powder form) with the lb? i'm assuming it would be just like vaping kief but maybe i'm wrong

Hi,

Please don't! What little I have read about that material indicates that dosage with the powder form is *very* critical and delicate and that using too much can lead to severe consequences -- likely to be life threatening. No testing has been done with non-herbal substances in the Box. At the very least, it could create an unresolvable cleaning problem.

In short, please be warned that we cannot warranty units under circumstances so far removed from their intended usage and must disavow any responsibility for whatever happens.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

jasho

How often are you able to respond to warranty email? I emailed after messing up my screen....that was before I found the great FAQ. I emailed Friday, yesterday and today to both available addresses. I asked about a repair, but now understand after reading more here why that can't happen. Is the warranty honored as written? Not rying to be a jerk, especially since it's my fault, but the included instructions sure aren't as complete as those to be found here. I only had it for a week and I miss it! (retired disabled Vet unable to buy a new one until late next month...)

jasho,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Vicki said:
DeepFried said:
Vicki said:

ok, so I shouldn't bother saving it then? It would take me a good long while to save up enough kief ABV to even make one firecracker.

Vicki you could just add it to your regular ABV if you keep that.

DeepFried,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
DeepFried said:
Vicki said:
DeepFried said:

Vicki you could just add it to your regular ABV if you keep that.

I used to keep my regular ABV when I used my Vapor Warez. Now I don't because I vap my herb until it is very dark brown in my Launch Box. I guess I'll just save up the ABV kief, and maybe try to make a firecracker....in a few months. :lol:

Vicki,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
jasho said:
How often are you able to respond to warranty email? I emailed after messing up my screen....that was before I found the great FAQ. I emailed Friday, yesterday and today to both available addresses. I asked about a repair, but now understand after reading more here why that can't happen. Is the warranty honored as written? Not rying to be a jerk, especially since it's my fault, but the included instructions sure aren't as complete as those to be found here. I only had it for a week and I miss it! (retired disabled Vet unable to buy a new one until late next month...)

Hi,

I am surprised to hear that you have not had a response via email. Emails are checked every day during the week, usually multiple times, and sometimes on weekends (though no guarantees on weekends). I checked with the email account holder and definitely did not find any of the emails you mention -- not sure what to suggest. You are sending to the two emails at the bottom of the website? Are there any bounce messages? Could you please check to see that the addresses are correct and that mails are actually being sent? Also, copy this note so that we have a way of tracking it so that we can be sure you get support.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

jasho

magicflight said:
jasho said:

Hi,

I am surprised to hear that you have not had a response via email. Emails are checked every day during the week, usually multiple times, and sometimes on weekends (though no guarantees on weekends). I checked with the email account holder and definitely did not find any of the emails you mention -- not sure what to suggest. You are sending to the two emails at the bottom of the website? Are there any bounce messages? Could you please check to see that the addresses are correct and that mails are actually being sent? Also, copy this note so that we have a way of tracking it so that we can be sure you get support.

-- Magic-Flight
Thanks, I've emailed screen shots of the email I sent to magicvapeATgmail.com and CustomerServiceATBlissSville.com to those addresses. No bounce that I can find! Checked sent file and confirmed those addresses and dates. 16th, 19th and 21st

jasho,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Stupid question, but I realized their was a white ring around my battery on the tip, but the nipple was still showing. was I supposed to remove this? I charged my batteries without removing it and used my launch box and realized it this morning.

Any insight? now its sticky because its been heated. lol.. I feel really dumb right now..

does anyone know what I am talking about? Did i mess up my batteries ha

Elluzion,
Top Bottom