george

Cannibearus said:
I love my LB, but the screen has gotten dirty. It's stained reddish brown and has a few dark spots at bottom of trench due to combustion I think, also there are some dark spots which are most likely from the amber glass I tried to vape.

It seems crazy to me that MF says there is no need to clean the screen as it wont get dirty, am I just using my box incorrectly?

it still works the same though....right?

there usually isnt a need to clean it, but you can clean it if you want it to look nicer

george,

steven22

toadyfatz said:
steven22 said:
Hey guys, I want to make a couple purchases to make my LB experience better.

first off, I think iv decided on getting a coffee grinder... simple because, I have 3 , three piece grinders and they dont grinder fine enough, I end up using the shot glass scissor method which is really tedious.

I dont want another hand grinder, because I already have plenty of those and I have never tried a coffee grinder for bud yet. it seems easier than scissors and hand grinders , and it grinds down to LB grade with ease.

now, at the local walmart there is a "hamilton beach custom grind" for $15 and Mr coffee fancier looking one for $18... didnt find any $6 ones that others mentioned in this thread at walmart or brandsmart.

I want one that will grind small amounts into dust, and does a great job of collecting keif. (btw, where does the keif get collected on these coffee grinder?.. on the lid?

-----------------------

next, my original batteries are weak now, and I want to get a new pack of batteries on the cheap.
Walmart has rayovac platinum series rechargeable ones for $9.** 4 pack. good enough?... great?

I dont want to shell out for a c9000 even though im sure they will revive my original batts.

I ended up with this coffee grinder and I love it. I got it a bed bath and beyond, but you can just order it online....A little more expensive than some, but it does great at collecting kief in the ridges in the clear plastic top. You can kind of see the ridges in the big picture of it here: http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-Grin...r_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1284592202&sr=1-2

hey thanks for the suggestion, I actually went and bought both, the hamilton beach from walmart and the bed bath and beyond one.

the walmart one sucks on both grinding it down to powder and collecting keif (smooth lid, no ridges)

the BB&B one was great at collecting keif, those 2 ridges are awesome, the grind is pretty small, but I still dont think fine enough for my taste.... shot glass + scissors = finest so far. (or using my fingers and really dry bud)

is it because I dont put enough bud in the BB&B grinder?... i only used 2 nugs, (2-3 trenches) worth.

are there better ones out there?..

lemme know guys... want the perfect coffee grinder..... im tired of using scissors and hand grinders.

btw guys, any input on the rayovac platinums from walmart?...

steven22,

steven22

toadyfatz said:
steven22 said:
can people explain this new O ring model?... I dont believe I have it (14xxxx) ... and I cant find any information on google that tells me more about it

what does it do?... should I buy one?... can I add it to my non O ring kind?

Here is some info on the o-ring....it basically takes a little pressure for the battery to make contact...I see it as just an extra safety option. http://www.blisssville.com/product_...d=211&osCsid=929f95a053153109c5f31ca3de067f58

alright cool, I think there are 2 rubber additions to the new LB's

one being the rubber for the battery like you mentioned.... then I see pictures for a bigger one , with talks of how it separates the screen and wood.

can someone explain this one a bit more for me?.... I dont care about the battery rubber ring, Im fine with my battery feedback.

steven22,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
rofly1 said:
i just received my mflb in the past couple of weeks and still trying to become better with it. does anyone know exactly the power of the batteries?

rgdfilms said:
What batteries are people getting?

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box#Batteries

torres09 said:
how often do you guys clean your box. do you wipe the mesh with anything?

Cannibearus said:
It seems crazy to me that MF says there is no need to clean the screen as it wont get dirty, am I just using my box incorrectly?

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magic-Flight_Launch_Box#Maintenance_And_Cleaning

If these references don't answer your questions then please let me know so that I can improve the entry. I know there are still gaps to fill, e.g. I should add something about those new rubber rings...

Done.

ETA http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...ded_to_the_Box_design.2C_what_are_they_for.3F

Silly me.

pakalolo,

caseball2051

any word on the wall adapter for this thing? I havent chcked in here for a while because ive been so happy with the product

caseball2051,

spacelooper

My box is mysteriously working a bit better. I have really done nothing different. I am curious if it is beginning to mellow out a bit. Last night I was able to get 5-8 hits without burning. I have been able to maintain that over the last several bowls. Hopefully this trend will continue.Very odd though, it just started working better. MF basically said that the batteries and charger that I have are the "good" ones, so am hoping it was just the hot nature of a new unit.

spacelooper,

OC513

Dabaholic
spacelooper said:
My box is mysteriously working a bit better. I have really done nothing different. I am curious if it is beginning to mellow out a bit. Last night I was able to get 5-8 hits without burning. I have been able to maintain that over the last several bowls. Hopefully this trend will continue.Very odd though, it just started working better. MF basically said that the batteries and charger that I have are the "good" ones, so am hoping it was just the hot nature of a new unit.
with use the box definitely mellows and settles into a sweet spot. That is probably what is happening with yours. Glad to hear it.....enjoy.

OC513,

steven22

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
mr coffee grinder gets my grind fine enuff 4 me after 5 or 6 pulses

what model do you have?.. where did you get it?... and how much do you put in there usually?

steven22,
if u scroogle.org mr coffee grinder tink theres only 1 blak grinder cheers i like tu put in 1 oz yet i usually grind up a few grams & fill a film canister tu tap into mflb or fill elbows anyting

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

steven22

steven22,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Wow just got my MFLB, and DAMNNN this thing is SMALL!! I didn't think it would be this small haha. like I can't believe it.. wow. pictures don't do it justice... i don't get to vape till next friday, but I will post as soon as i do! i got a 2pc space case, hopefully will grind small enough :/ we'll see!

do you guys pre grind all your ganja or just grind what your gonna use??

Elluzion,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Question:

Inspecting my new MFLB, i noticed that the flaps of the screen are slightly sticking up on the sides closest to the intake hole and on the other side of the out take hole, it looks like fine ground bud could easily get trapped in there, is this normal?

(more conceptual explanation: the trench is a rectangle, the shorter sides of the rectangle are the pieces i am talking about, the mesh screen looks like it is slightly bent up on the edges of the shorter end of the rectangle)

Is this just how the MFLB is designed? i can post pictures if people don't understand me.

Thanks! :D

Elluzion,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Cannibearus said:
Awesome resource Pakalolo, Thanks!

Magic-Flight officially seconds that! I went in and made some edits to clean up some factual things that changed over time (particularly in the battery/charger recommendations). Near as I can tell, it is now the most complete resource currently published on the Box.

Pakalolo: Thank you very *very* much for contributing your time to edit all of my posts and other useful information into a single uniform resource! To demonstrate our thanks, please contact us with a copy of this email and a postal address and we will see that a free Launch Box gets sent to you. You can either keep it yourself as a backup or gift it to a good friend (since you already have one).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

rgdfilms

Thanks for the recommendations Pakalolo. I just picked up a C9000 chargers and 4 Powerex 2700 batteries for $45 at a local HAM radio store in Burbank. If anyone else is in Southern California and interested, the store is called HAM RADIO and it's on Magnolia and Sparks. $45 out the door. $75 at Thomas Distribution and $85 at Amazon. Can't beat the local sale.

Question, what do you guys charge the 2700 batteries at typically? What do you charge the Imidians at?

Thanks

rgdfilms,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:
Question:

Inspecting my new MFLB, i noticed that the flaps of the screen are slightly sticking up on the sides closest to the intake hole and on the other side of the out take hole, it looks like fine ground bud could easily get trapped in there, is this normal?

(more conceptual explanation: the trench is a rectangle, the shorter sides of the rectangle are the pieces i am talking about, the mesh screen looks like it is slightly bent up on the edges of the shorter end of the rectangle)

Is this just how the MFLB is designed? i can post pictures if people don't understand me.

Hi Elluzion. I think I understand what you mean. If I'm right, then yes, it is the design of the LB. I suppose really fine material finds its way in there, but the little brush must get it out because I just inspected mine and there's nothing trapped there now--which is a good segue to...

The Plexiglas cover is starting to get grungy on the inside just over the trench, how can I clean it?

Open the Box and turn it over. Place the cover on a sturdy flat surface. Apply a light coating of toothpaste, just enough to cover the dirty area. Use an old toothbrush or even a paper towel to rub gently in a circular motion until the cover is clean. Be careful not to apply pressure in a way that could snap the cover. Rinse with a little water. (Most people aren't aware that toothpaste contains a fine abrasive that is excellent for cleaning Plexiglas. It will even remove fine scratches.)

I added this because I just had to clean my cover. I learned this trick many years ago, when I was a glider pilot instructor. Toothpaste and elbow grease was how we kept the Plexiglas canopies clean.

magicflight: I want to thank everyone for the kind words, but especially you. The project was inspired because you have posted so many wonderful, clear, and thoughtful answers--but that was only part of it. The LB is such an elegant and beautiful piece of design it makes me proud to be able to do anything to promote it. There's not a day I don't look at it and smile because of that, but it extends further. The Magic-Flight business philosophy, as practiced by you in this forum, makes me feel warm and fuzzy whenever I see you applying it. Add it all up and you get something truly astonishing and enjoyable--and at my age I can assure the 97.183098591549295774647887323944% of FC posters who have admitted their age who are also younger than me that this is not something that you get a chance to experience often in your lifetime a long and convoluted sentence I know. [See http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2116.]

I thank you for your generous offer and I will be in touch.

pakalolo,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
Elluzion said:
Question:

Hi Elluzion. I think I understand what you mean. If I'm right, then yes, it is the design of the LB. I suppose really fine material finds its way in there, but the little brush must get it out because I just inspected mine and there's nothing trapped there now--which is a good segue to...

The Plexiglas cover is starting to get grungy on the inside just over the trench, how can I clean it?

Open the Box and turn it over. Place the cover on a sturdy flat surface. Apply a light coating of toothpaste, just enough to cover the dirty area. Use an old toothbrush or even a paper towel to rub gently in a circular motion until the cover is clean. Be careful not to apply pressure in a way that could snap the cover. Rinse with a little water. (Most people aren't aware that toothpaste contains a fine abrasive that is excellent for cleaning Plexiglas. It will even remove fine scratches.)

I added this because I just had to clean my cover. I learned this trick many years ago, when I was a glider pilot instructor. Toothpaste and elbow grease was how we kept the Plexiglas canopies clean.

magicflight: I want to thank everyone for the kind words, but especially you. The project was inspired because you have posted so many wonderful, clear, and thoughtful answers--but that was only part of it. The LB is such an elegant and beautiful piece of design it makes me proud to be able to do anything to promote it. There's not a day I don't look at it and smile because of that, but it extends further. The Magic-Flight business philosophy, as practiced by you in this forum, makes me feel warm and fuzzy whenever I see you applying it. Add it all up and you get something truly astonishing and enjoyable--and at my age I can assure the 97.183098591549295774647887323944% of FC posters who have admitted their age who are also younger than me that this is not something that you get a chance to experience often in your lifetime a long and convoluted sentence I know. [See http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=2116.]

I thank you for your generous offer and I will be in touch.

Well, I am just concerned that finely ground material will make its way into those folds and then when the heating elements heats it, it will get nasty. Anyone else have insight on this matter??

Also, the flipped up mesh is on the more right side (of both edges), its interesting>

also my mouthpiece doesn't fit my LB lol, like its way too big for it, is this normal? do I force it? I was going to hit it only native, but was curious just in case hahaha

Elluzion,

cluffy

Vaker
I've had my screen move around some... I refer to the first post I remember about such matters and I follow the instructions of magicflight and gently poke the screen back into place with a blowgun dart. Blowgun darts are the best pokers one could ask for IMO. Toothpaste was the polishing agent of choice back in the days of the first faceshields for snowmobiles and motorcycling. My mouthpiece barely fit into my LB hole too, but I solved that problem by using the LB native exclusively. All the time. Matter of fact I have no idea where my mouthpiece might be at this moment. BTW I'm 43 years old and the MFLB is in my right front pocket always unless I'm hittin' it or sharing with a friend. CHEERS!

cluffy,

toadyfatz

steven22 said:
toadyfatz said:
steven22 said:
Hey guys, I want to make a couple purchases to make my LB experience better.

first off, I think iv decided on getting a coffee grinder... simple because, I have 3 , three piece grinders and they dont grinder fine enough, I end up using the shot glass scissor method which is really tedious.

I dont want another hand grinder, because I already have plenty of those and I have never tried a coffee grinder for bud yet. it seems easier than scissors and hand grinders , and it grinds down to LB grade with ease.

now, at the local walmart there is a "hamilton beach custom grind" for $15 and Mr coffee fancier looking one for $18... didnt find any $6 ones that others mentioned in this thread at walmart or brandsmart.

I want one that will grind small amounts into dust, and does a great job of collecting keif. (btw, where does the keif get collected on these coffee grinder?.. on the lid?

-----------------------

next, my original batteries are weak now, and I want to get a new pack of batteries on the cheap.
Walmart has rayovac platinum series rechargeable ones for $9.** 4 pack. good enough?... great?

I dont want to shell out for a c9000 even though im sure they will revive my original batts.

I ended up with this coffee grinder and I love it. I got it a bed bath and beyond, but you can just order it online....A little more expensive than some, but it does great at collecting kief in the ridges in the clear plastic top. You can kind of see the ridges in the big picture of it here: http://www.amazon.com/Capresso-Grin...r_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1284592202&sr=1-2

hey thanks for the suggestion, I actually went and bought both, the hamilton beach from walmart and the bed bath and beyond one.

the walmart one sucks on both grinding it down to powder and collecting keif (smooth lid, no ridges)

the BB&B one was great at collecting keif, those 2 ridges are awesome, the grind is pretty small, but I still dont think fine enough for my taste.... shot glass + scissors = finest so far. (or using my fingers and really dry bud)

is it because I dont put enough bud in the BB&B grinder?... i only used 2 nugs, (2-3 trenches) worth.

are there better ones out there?..

lemme know guys... want the perfect coffee grinder..... im tired of using scissors and hand grinders.

btw guys, any input on the rayovac platinums from walmart?...

With the capresso grinder I got from BB&B I usually sit out what I am going to grind the night before and let it dry a bit (what I get is quite sticky etc...). Then I usually put enough in to fill up my tic tac container (what I keep my ground up herb in...works great!). Sometimes it takes a while to get the grind to where I want it, but I will stop every now and then and open it up and use the little brush to move all the herb back down around the blades and go back at it for a bit. Then after I take it out of the grinder I put it on a plate and use a sharp 2 inch razor blade and chop it up even a bit more and mine always comes out to a nice fine grind. I love how this grinder collects the kief for sure! Good luck with your search for the perfect grind....This grinder does it for me!

toadyfatz,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:
Well, I am just concerned that finely ground material will make its way into those folds and then when the heating elements heats it, it will get nasty. Anyone else have insight on this matter??

Well yes, it does get in there, no way to avoid it.

If you're not getting something in your mouth when you inhale then it's probably not a defect. If you're unsure then by all means post a picture somewhere.

Assuming that your LB isn't defective, what I'm trying to tell you is that there isn't a problem. Just brush out your trench between loads. I dump, rap it on the table once or twice, brush, dump and rap again, blow through the inhaling hole and done. Try it, I bet you won't find anything in those flaps.

Edit because I realized I had misunderstood something.

Edit to correct mistaken attribution

pakalolo,

Cannibearus

Elluzion said:

Also, the flipped up mesh is on the more right side (of both edges), its interesting>

also my mouthpiece doesn't fit my LB lol, like its way too big for it, is this normal? do I force it? I was going to hit it only native, but was curious just in case hahaha

Mine was a tight squeeze, but went in fairly easily with a little twist, try kind of screwing it in, but don't force it too hard.

As an alternative you can purchase some food grade tubing, I believe 1/4" fits.

Cannibearus,

steven22

just read through the vaporpedia!

yay, the last question is my question... i feel happy. (the origins of the magic flight launch box name)

great source for information.

steven22,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
cluffy said:

Well yes, it does get in there, no way to avoid it.

If you're not getting something in your mouth when you inhale then it's probably not a defect. If you're unsure then by all means post a picture somewhere.

Assuming that your LB isn't defective, what I'm trying to tell you is that there isn't a problem. Just brush out your trench between loads. I dump, rap it on the table once or twice, brush, dump and rap again, blow through the inhaling hole and done. Try it, I bet you won't find anything in those flaps.

Edit because I realized I had misunderstood something.

This just seems weird, i feel like the design shouldn't be made so that herb could be caught anywhere. I tried taking pictures with my SLR camera but it wouldn't focus on the screen, may have to try again later.

I think people have complained of what I am talking about happening after the screen has been heated many times, it starts to fold a bit. idk. just seems weird for a new box.

And I am not saying it will be an issue (won't know till I try) just want to make sure its not something manufacturing was messed up with :2c: anyone wanna add their cents?

Elluzion,

guardian

hey MAGIC-FLIGHT, how goes the ac/dc power? last post i read alpha testing was to begin within a week then beta testing to sales? i honestly never use the box on the go i always use it in my yard or my house so still waiting on wall power, till then i have 6 duracells that work fine :ninja:

guardian,
Top Bottom