DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
maybe its the plastic covering that comes on some batteries to cover the vents.
either that or the battery overheated and ejected some of its acid.

DevoTheStrange,

jasho

magicflight said:
Hi,

I am surprised to hear that you have not had a response via email. Emails are checked every day during the week, usually multiple times, and sometimes on weekends (though no guarantees on weekends). I checked with the email account holder and definitely did not find any of the emails you mention -- not sure what to suggest. You are sending to the two emails at the bottom of the website? Are there any bounce messages? Could you please check to see that the addresses are correct and that mails are actually being sent? Also, copy this note so that we have a way of tracking it so that we can be sure you get support.

-- Magic-Flight
Sent from gmail account this morning, maybe that will work...attached your note.

jasho,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
DevoTheStrange said:

It is the covering that comes with the battery. Is it okay to leave on? I think it will be a sticky mess to take off now, bleh.

The white stuff is not acid, it is the ring like covering around the nipple.

:/

Elluzion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:
DevoTheStrange said:

It is the covering that comes with the battery. Is it okay to leave on? I think it will be a sticky mess to take off now, bleh.

That is the paper ring that covers the vent holes. It is cosmetic only. You can leave it on or strip it off, whatever suits you. It fell off two of my batteries, the other two still have it.

I suppose I should add this to the Vaporpedia entry.

ETA D'oh! It's already in there just not a separate question.

pakalolo,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
jasho said:
magicflight said:
Hi,

I am surprised to hear that you have not had a response via email. Emails are checked every day during the week, usually multiple times, and sometimes on weekends (though no guarantees on weekends). I checked with the email account holder and definitely did not find any of the emails you mention -- not sure what to suggest. You are sending to the two emails at the bottom of the website? Are there any bounce messages? Could you please check to see that the addresses are correct and that mails are actually being sent? Also, copy this note so that we have a way of tracking it so that we can be sure you get support.

-- Magic-Flight
Sent from gmail account this morning, maybe that will work...attached your note.

Hi,

Thanks -- we did get the most recent two tries. Looking for prior messages did not find anything. It is beginning to look like some sort of email glitch? In either case, we can get started now. Also, please be sure to let us know the serial number on your existing Box.

For folks trying to contact us, the rule is that we will generally have an answer by the end of the next business day after your message is sent. If you do not hear back from us within a couple of days (not including weekends), please check the outgoing addresses and retry.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
Elluzion said:
DevoTheStrange said:

That is the paper ring that covers the vent holes. It is cosmetic only. You can leave it on or strip it off, whatever suits you. It fell off two of my batteries, the other two still have it.

I suppose I should add this to the Vaporpedia entry.

ETA D'oh! It's already in there just not a separate question.

Are you sure that the ring doesn't matter? Just making sure

Also the charger makes the batteries hot, normal??

and when i put my battery in is it supposed to pop out when I stop holding it? the light is just not very bright unless if it is pitch dark or something, but in light I can't see it.

Mmmm warm vapor last night, it was good!

Elluzion,

jasho

jasho said:
magicflight said:
Hi,

-- Magic-Flight

Got an answer!! Thanks!!

jasho,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:

and when i put my battery in is it supposed to pop out when I stop holding it? the light is just not very bright unless if it is pitch dark or something, but in light I can't see it.

Yes, I am sure the paper ring doesn't matter.

The charger should make your batteries warm but not too hot to hold. If you're using a fast charger then expect them to get fairly warm.

If you have a Box that has the pushback ring then yes, the battery will be pushed back from making contact when you release pressure. It shouldn't pop out completely. To be sure the Box is not still heating, you should pull the battery back yourself anyway. I'd rely on the pushback ring to avoid accidental contact, but I'd still remove the battery completely after a hit.

If you look straight into the inhaling hole (or the tube if you use one) then you should see the light. If you battery is fully charged and you are making good contact, it should glow fairly brightly. I would not try to judge this by looking through the cover/screen. If a full battery is not producing a bright glow*, something is wrong. On the other hand, you say you got good vapor so it's probably okay. I'm betting you are judging without looking directly into the hole.

* "Bright glow" is a relative term. It's a tiny light, it's not going to illuminate anything. The best way to judge the brightness is to pop in a newly charged battery and compare the glow to what you get from a battery that you know is nearly spent. It will be noticeably dimmer.

pakalolo,

jasho

Powerex 9000 arrived with 8 batteries. Directions say it could take 48 hours to break in 4 new batts. Works for me since I have no LB for now! I'm actually quite pleased with the charger that comes with the box. It works very well and reasonably quick! 1-2 hours! Some email craziness is sorted, I hope, and a new box should be on it's way! I'll be armed and at the ready! Damn thing became invaluable in 9 days!:lol:

jasho,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
pakalolo said:
Elluzion said:

Yes, I am sure the paper ring doesn't matter.

The charger should make your batteries warm but not too hot to hold. If you're using a fast charger then expect them to get fairly warm.

If you have a Box that has the pushback ring then yes, the battery will be pushed back from making contact when you release pressure. It shouldn't pop out completely. To be sure the Box is not still heating, you should pull the battery back yourself anyway. I'd rely on the pushback ring to avoid accidental contact, but I'd still remove the battery completely after a hit.

If you look straight into the inhaling hole (or the tube if you use one) then you should see the light. If you battery is fully charged and you are making good contact, it should glow fairly brightly. I would not try to judge this by looking through the cover/screen. If a full battery is not producing a bright glow*, something is wrong. On the other hand, you say you got good vapor so it's probably okay. I'm betting you are judging without looking directly into the hole.

* "Bright glow" is a relative term. It's a tiny light, it's not going to illuminate anything. The best way to judge the brightness is to pop in a newly charged battery and compare the glow to what you get from a battery that you know is nearly spent. It will be noticeably dimmer.

Thank you for the info.

It is really annoying when you turn the MFLB over and tap it some of the material gets into the groove between the box and the acrylic cover. gar

Elluzion,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
pakalolo said:
I'd rely on the pushback ring to avoid accidental contact, but I'd still remove the battery completely after a hit.

I have to disagree with you on this. IMO fully removing the battery after every hit is absolutely unnecessary and only serves to accelerate wear and tear of the battery hole and negative contact ring.

Only fully remove the battery after a session, but after a hit just pull it back a fraction of an inch to ensure it does not contact the + wire from tapping, shaking etc.

DeepFried,

jasho

magicflight said:
jasho said:
magicflight said:
Hi,

-- Magic-Flight

Hi,

Thanks -- we did get the most recent two tries. Looking for prior messages did not find anything. It is beginning to look like some sort of email glitch? In either case, we can get started now. Also, please be sure to let us know the serial number on your existing Box.

For folks trying to contact us, the rule is that we will generally have an answer by the end of the next business day after your message is sent. If you do not hear back from us within a couple of days (not including weekends), please check the outgoing addresses and retry.

-- Magic-Flight
Warranty terms and instructions are unclear unless a buyer finds and reads the information here. Customer service insists I used the wrong address even though I only used a link or a cut and paste. I've now been properly berated for my poor email skills. Thank goodness those skills weren't that poor for the last 20 working years before retiring!

Oh and FUCK THE RIPOFF ASSSHOLES who have made warranty service a pain in the ass. Fucking thieves!

It would be nice if MFLB folks were clearer on instructions and defined parameters for warranty return. I fucked up and it's my loss. Great product with unclear parameters....unless you're lucky enough to find this forum. Good job.....see ya!

Mod Edit: Please review the forum rules, specifically the "Be Nice" section. This is your warning.

jasho,

jasho

jasho said:
Powerex 9000 arrived with 8 batteries. Directions say it could take 48 hours to break in 4 new batts. Works for me since I have no LB for now! I'm actually quite pleased with the charger that comes with the box. It works very well and reasonably quick! 1-2 hours! Some email craziness is sorted, I hope, and a new box should be on it's way! I'll be armed and at the ready! Damn thing became invaluable in 9 days!:lol:
Great $90 bucks in batteries and no box. What an idiot....:peace:

jasho,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
jasho said:
magicflight said:
jasho said:
... we did get the most recent two tries...
Warranty terms and instructions are unclear ... Customer service insists I used the wrong address ... I've now been properly berated for my poor email skills.

Oh and FUCK THE RIPOFF ASSSHOLES who have made warranty service a pain in the ass. Fucking thieves!

It would be nice if MFLB folks were clearer on instructions and defined parameters for warranty return....

Perhaps a little bit of background would help:.

1) Some IT research was done and it was determined that your first two emails, both to two (2) completely different email processing systems using different filtering methods *both* flagged your emails as "spam". You are correct that the addresses you sent to were correct -- speculating that that may have been the problem and asking you to check on our behalf does not constitute "beratement".

Given your claim to have 20 years of experience using email, I will leave it to you to determine why your multiple emails seem to be triggering multiple structurally independent spam filtering systems. When you figure it out, please notify the programmers at Google email -- since they are the ones that prevented at least some of your particular emails from being read normally along with the usual incoming traffic. Blaming us for this problem is not going to be productive. Assuming that everyone here or at Google Mail has all day to pay only attention immediately your concerns exclusive of all others is not going to help either.

2) It is NOT typical behavior for a customer to throw away something on which they are currently and actively seeking warranty support, if for no other reason than to validate their claim. Given that your first emails containing your ordering information were NOT read (see spam above), it is natural that we would ask for such information as your address and some means for validating that you do/did actually have a faulty Box. Now that we have recovered that information we were going to issue the replacement unit anyway -- as an exception to our usual policies regarding deliberately discarded or destroyed units -- since it seemed fairly clear that was appropriate, once we had recovered more information internally.

3) Given that all of your emails were sent to two distinct groups of people, and further that by your own declaration some communications were getting lost, it should be clear that there is an additional need and time required to coordinate those two groups to ensure that no further communication losses occur. It is somewhat ironic that in the midst of all of that effort on your behalf, you would immediately assume bad faith and resort to name calling. It is fortunate that the decision to issue the replacement unit was made BEFORE finding your post herein this forum. I find myself wondering why should we continue to try to be friendly towards you when you have been so unfriendly and impatient with us? Now you will get your replacement unit -- not because of our warranty, but in spite of it. It would do well for you to remember that for every finger you point at others, three point back at you (at least for hands which are human!).

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

jasho

hemp;)goofy8cheerio said:
jasho wait enliten us, help prevent sum 1 else make any mistakes. what did u do wrong that prevented u gettin warranty?
Please re read the post from Magic Flight. I was wrong and impatient. After I emailed the serial number I pitched the box. Wednesday is my trash pickup and support requested a photo of the box. Magic Flight and BlissSville went above and beyond even though I acted like an ass.

My sincere apologies to anyone I offended and to the moderators for making a warning necessary!!

jasho,

jasho

magicflight said:
I find myself wondering why should we continue to try to be friendly towards you when you have been so unfriendly and impatient with us?

-- Magic-Flight

After I sent the serial number I tossed the box, I saw no point in keeping it and I was frustrated.

You are absolutely right. I am wrong, I was impatient and frustrated and did not give you and customer service the same respect I demanded. Please accept my sincere apologies!

jasho,

Flyer

I was hoping this would turn out better, looks like it did, congrats to both parties for the outocme. The box and the company are just too good.

Flyer,

Chronic

Im currently breaking in 4x powerex 2500's, any tips on getting the wrapper off the batteries?
Im thinking to use a stanley knife to make a cut, then peel em off, a try at peeling them with finger nails didn't work but then i just put em in the charger as its gonna take upto 48hours to break em in so no time to faff about

My second question is can you use normal store bought AA batteries?
My friend keeps going on about it & i just wanna tell him why you can't use normal AA's
He's convinced that they will work...

Last question, does anyone know where i can get the pushback ring in the uk?

On a side note, this magic box is too good, my friends keep wanting to borrow it to the extent it gets annoying, i think im gonna make a rule that only i can use it cause its getting ridiculous, i gave away all my pipes to my friends & they still want my magic box, FUCK COMBUSTION!!!

Thanks in advance

:peace:

Chronic,

sundaddy

@ magicflight, you people have the patience of Job! I would not have handled that situation with that much diplomacy. You are to be commended.

sundaddy,

max

Out to lunch
Im currently breaking in 4x powerex 2500's, any tips on getting the wrapper off the batteries?
In my experience, labels come off Powerex bats easily. No stickiness, just cut an edge and peel off. Or you can leave half the label on (the negative side) to ID the bats.

My second question is can you use normal store bought AA batteries?
You can buy NiMH bats locally. They're labeled as such. If you mean alkaline bats, no. They get used up in an LB in a flash.

Last question, does anyone know where i can get the pushback ring in the uk?
A dealer that sells the LB may have them. Check with vaporlot.com. They do sell the LB.

max,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
Yeah the 2pc grinders don't grind fine enough, now I want a coffee grinder haha... funny funny.

Love the MFLB so far, a half a trench set me and my friend to the sky last night.

Does anyone have this problem: When you tap it over and shake it around, the bud gets in the groove between the clear acrylic screen and the wood (closer to the battery part). I think there is a groove because of metal thing towards the battery. Anyways this is kind of a pain and was curious what people have done to overcome it, etc... thanks!

Elluzion,

george

Elluzion said:
Yeah the 2pc grinders don't grind fine enough, now I want a coffee grinder haha... funny funny.

Love the MFLB so far, a half a trench set me and my friend to the sky last night.

Does anyone have this problem: When you tap it over and shake it around, the bud gets in the groove between the clear acrylic screen and the wood (closer to the battery part). I think there is a groove because of metal thing towards the battery. Anyways this is kind of a pain and was curious what people have done to overcome it, etc... thanks!

You dont have to flip it over. I just tap the side of my box and my herbs rollover nicely.

george,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Elluzion said:

Yes, this happens to anyone who isn't as careful as george. Me, for instance.

My solution is simple: just rap the other end of the Box on the table once or twice. If it's really stuck, then open the cover and brush.

jasho: In an anonymous forum like this, it is truly rare to see someone have the courage to admit a mistake and apologize. I thank you for that.

magicflight: If the information posted at Vaporpedia is not correct or incomplete, please let me know. (Unless you want to fix it yourself of course.)

pakalolo,
Top Bottom