Budz Bunny

Phractal said:
as an engineer I always want to know the gritty details of how things work and constantly question anything I have doubts about.
Your among friends here. If there is one thing we are good at here is getting to know the gritty details and constantly questioning everything. :brow:

Budz Bunny,

Phractal

DeepFried said:
@Phractal
I thought that discharging a lithium cell is dangerous and usually the cell can no longer charge after that, don't most have a low voltage safety cut off for that reason? So the chemical composition and all other electrical measurements must be significantely different between the two.
Actually, the basis for my reasoning was from studies on litihum ion batteries, which do degrade very quickly if you let the cell voltage decrease too much. I assumed NiMH were more robust in the sense they wouldn't totally degrade, but would still degrade a little bit when fully discharged. And therefore it would be better not to fully discharge them.

But it seems I was wrong in my assumption and they don't degrade any significant amount at all. I figured the Magic-Flight company had already done their research and that's why they say to use NiMH batteries only. I just wanted to make sure.

Phractal,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I intend to read this whole thread but so I've only read to page 60. I had to stop and post because my MFLB arrived yesterday. I started to write this right after I got it, but then I tried it out...

Executive summary: this is a superb device. I already own an Arizer Extreme v3 (not the Q) and I love it. For me, the MFLB is the perfect complement.

I live in the Greater Toronto Area and I was disappointed and somewhat puzzled that I couldn't find any local vendors carrying this gem. I ordered online from vaporizers.ca and was pleased with the service. Last week, when I went to place my order I was informed that they were on vacation and orders would resume shipping July 12. I wanted a vendor this side of the border so that was fine by me. Wednesday (July 14) I got email notification that it had shipped, and Thursday (thank you Canada Post) it arrived. Potential customers note: it required a signature, just in case that matters to you. The packaging is wonderfully discreet, plain box with a return address for Nature's Way.

The Launch Box itself is exquisite, a brilliant piece of engineering and craftsmanship. I like the stealth and the price of course, but the thing that appeals to me most is that there's no waiting: insert battery, hit, done. Over in 20-30 seconds. That's even faster than lighting up. As far as I know, nothing else compares to this.

Just to re-emphasize a couple of things: grind exceedingly fine, and draw really slowly. I'd read this advice before and thought I was prepared but I still nearly overdid my first hit. I'm a counter, that is, I can't help myself from counting seconds while I draw and while I hold it in. So, I'm used to drawing for "One thousand two thousand three thousand..." I intended to go to about 20 on a really slow draw but I had to stop at 10 because it was starting to make me cough. I got a much thicker cloud than I expected, especially given what I've been reading here about people who can't seem to get thick vapour. When I looked at the load, there were a few little chunks stuck to the screen that were almost but not quite black. I am pretty sure these would have combusted if I had continued on to 20.

I crumbled the load up until it was much finer and I drew even more slowly for my second hit. Success! A nice medium-thick vapour and nothing sticking to the screen. I stopped at 10 because I feared overdoing it, but I got a great hit anyway. I don't find the effects to be any different than from my Extreme, but perhaps that's because I'm used to vaping at 160-190 with the Extreme. I suspect that those who like thick vapour tend to get it by vaping at higher temperatures, where you get a different mix of active components and hence a somewhat different buzz.

Also, I notice some posters criticize the MFLB because it leaves some goodies in the AVB. I consider that a benefit myself. I can put it into the Extreme and take it to a higher temperature (although taste is affected) or I can use it for one of the many AVB techniques for squeezing out every last bit of goodness. Incidentally, even AVB that I've taken up to 240 in the Extreme still yields goodness with QISO or tincture or cooking. You can even get a decent buzz by (yuck!) combusting it. Bottom line, MFLB AVB is great stuff.

Anyway, I must go now. I have to double-grind my stash.

PS I'm such a doofus, I nearly forgot. Thank you magicflight for this wonderful piece of ingenuity, and for the unsurpassed level of customer support I keep reading about in this thread. Thanks Ariel for directing me to a Canadian source. May you soon find some vendors in the GTA.

pakalolo,

oneoone

Qbit said:
Vladimir said:
I take it that using a grinder gives better results than using scissors?
With the MFLB, yes, absolutely. Weed chopped with scissors will be really ineffective in this vape. The finer the better.
Scissors are fine, as long as you can chop it up fine enough.

oneoone,

heartvapor

Magicflight, my post from a few days ago got lost a few pages back, so I'm quoting myself, hope that's ok

mod note: Your post that "got lost" is on page 162, right where you left it. And since your repost was a word for word duplicate of the first, there's really no point in having it appear twice. The next time you lose a post, try an author search.

heartvapor,

DaftDrunk

As an occasional smoker, the MFLB was my first foray into the vaping world. I've smoked nothing but blunts, and decided it was time to make an investment for my lungs and order a box. I opened up the package and instantly fell in love with the box. It was much smaller than I expected. I happily took a dime of my herb, grinded it with my (also new) Mendo Mulcher and packed the trench.

Instead of waiting a few seconds for the vapor to cover up the LED on the inside, I put the battery in and immediately began to draw, which gave me nothing. It took me a few hits to learn how to use the vape better. I was drawing too fast, too quick. I now put the battery in and wait for the delicious vapors to show up before taking a draw. Even with my mistakes I still managed to get toasted, which shows how forgiving the box is.

My bud almost always ends up sticking to the trench after every hit. It also turns pitch black after its completely done. What am I doing wrong? Should I be inhaling faster? I noticed that inhaling too fast does nothing and inhaling too slow produces harsh vapor. Im having a hard time figuring out that sweet spot everyones talking about.

DaftDrunk,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
You'll figure it out, just give it time. Black herb is not uncommon in the box nut you have the write idea about inhaling faster to stop it. Also try alternating your breathing fast slow fast slow fast slow or fast break fast break and whatever combination you figure that work well for you. Remember to have fun!

bluntfaced,

SkollIstKrieg

I personally recommend what Magic Flight described as "micro hitting." I thought I had the LB down before that little tip, boy was I wrong. :ko: I think it makes the LB have a harder more fulfilling overall hit. :2c:

SkollIstKrieg,

BirdFLU

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to vaping and recently purchased a LB. I tested it out last night and noticed the light flickered a bit and seemed like the connection wasn't ideal. The battery kind of seems loose in the hole which might be the reason for loosing connection. Can you guys help me out? Thanks!

BirdFLU,

Dicey

Cosmic Slop
BirdFLU said:
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to vaping and recently purchased a LB. I tested it out last night and noticed the light flickered a bit and seemed like the connection wasn't ideal. The battery kind of seems loose in the hole which might be the reason for loosing connection. Can you guys help me out? Thanks!
I get that occasionally when the battery isn't properly seated. To fix this I notice that you can either push the battery in a bit during your hit, and everything is good. Or simply take the battery out, rotate it slightly and then re-insert it. Everything should be good to go after that.

Of course, ensure that your battery is completely charged before use.

Dicey,

BirdFLU

Dicey said:
BirdFLU said:
I get that occasionally when the battery isn't properly seated. To fix this I notice that you can either push the battery in a bit during your hit, and everything is good. Or simply take the battery out, rotate it slightly and then re-insert it. Everything should be good to go after that.

Of course, ensure that your battery is completely charged before use.
After further inspection, the battery seems to be very loose when fitted into the hole. It slides in and out pretty easily and the slightest movement will cause the battery to slide out of the hole. A fair amount of pressure is needed to sure contact is made and it is still hit or miss.

BirdFLU,

BirdFLU

Yea its the original battery. Is this normal? its like the holes to big

EDIT: I experimented with a few idea and cut a thin slice of electrical tape and placed it around the middle part of the battery, just enough for it to add a little thickness to the battery when seated in the battery slot. With a slight push and spin, the fitment is improved.

BirdFLU,

BirdFLU

Yea the light remains constant and the connection seems a lot better (no more flickering). I was getting vapor last night but i think the heat was varying since battery wasn't snug. I guess just have to test it out somemore :D

EDIT: Purchased some Energizer rechargeable batteries and they fit perfect(with skin)

BirdFLU,

ltmilo

This is my first post, but Iv'e been reading this thread for a while and was convinced (by everyone's love of the thing) to buy my first vape, the MFLB. It's just too much of a pain trying to hide smells in my house (and especially in my dorm once school starts), I needed something I can hide easily, and I feel like being healthier. Anyway, it arrived in the mail today and I just tried it out (my first vaporizer hits ever!). I "smoked" two trenches quickly because after reading this thread I pretty much knew exactly how to hit it. The vapor felt soft in my throat, I'ts sooo much nicer than my bubbler. It is kinda weird though. Anyhow, I am ripped. I am thoroughly convinced in the wonder that is vaporizing. And it's because of this little thing! I'm going to be using this every night. It's time to listen to some music

ltmilo,

Budz Bunny

ltmilo said:
This is my first post, but Iv'e been reading this thread for a while and was convinced (by everyone's love of the thing) to buy my first vape, the MFLB. It's just too much of a pain trying to hide smells in my house (and especially in my dorm once school starts), I needed something I can hide easily, and I feel like being healthier. Anyway, it arrived in the mail today and I just tried it out (my first vaporizer hits ever!). I "smoked" two trenches quickly because after reading this thread I pretty much knew exactly how to hit it. The vapor felt soft in my throat, I'ts sooo much nicer than my bubbler. It is kinda weird though. Anyhow, I am ripped. I am thoroughly convinced in the wonder that is vaporizing. And it's because of this little thing! I'm going to be using this every night. It's time to listen to some music
Welcome. They are awesome. Wait till you see how it conserves your herb.

Budz Bunny,

wolf torn

God I freaking love my LB

I swear if you pack this thing with some bud and a good amount of keif it just doesn't stop hitting

this weekend I ran over to my neighbors house to vapel, and holy shit I swear 1 trench lasted 40min

wolf torn,

Budz Bunny

To Magic-Flight - Any new products in the works you would be able to share with us? How bout a key-chain vape?:brow:

Budz Bunny,

B.

War Criminal
lowfront said:
God I freaking love my LB

I swear if you pack this thing with some bud and a good amount of keif it just doesn't stop hitting

this weekend I ran over to my neighbors house to vapel, and holy shit I swear 1 trench lasted 40min
mos def. when i take my box out and about I always give it a kief super charge and it lasts allllll day.

B.,

lu

Just got my mflb from vapeworld and wow...

I'm in outer space. I never learned how to roll a joint or blunt properly. I always coughed like crazy aftter hitting a bong or pipe. But this box... Use coffee grinder, pack the trench, stick in the battery, gently inhale, and done. So easy to use, it's amazing. I got 3 friends looking to buy one.

lu,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
hahaha finally after waiting for 3 weeks its here.. gonna test it out now and report back

its fucking tinier than i had thought and came with a cool charger w/ LCD :brow:

EDIT: wow, 5 hits off this thing and im blasted. got visible vapor too.

p.s is it cool if i just pop the batteries in the charger all the time.. like as soon as im done vaping, put the batts in the charger and leave them there

TwztedVaper,

mongrel

got my box about a week ago. but didn't use it until yesterday. very useful gadget for a quickie hit or out and about.
i have an arizer too which i enjoy but the box will give me more flexibilty. a good find though a tad expensive.

mongrel,

SkollIstKrieg

TwztedElegance said:
p.s is it cool if i just pop the batteries in the charger all the time.. like as soon as im done vaping, put the batts in the charger and leave them there
Good to see you're enjoying your LB.:) Magic-Flight has said a couple of times that its better for the batteries if they are completely drained before recharging. Personally, my batteries are never fully drained, but i get several trenches out of each battery before i recharge it.

Hope that helps :)

SkollIstKrieg,
Top Bottom