max

Out to lunch
Fully discharging the batteries prevents the 'memory effect'. It's not nearly as bad with NiMH as it is with NiCADs, but continually recharging bats that haven't been fully discharged will end up shortening the 'use time' for the battery. A fairly inexpensive charger like the MAHA C204FA has the option to discharge before charging with just a press of a button.

mongrel said:
a good find though a tad expensive.
Aren't they all? :rolleyes: OTOH you get a vape with a better warranty than any other on the market. Try getting free replacement if you break glass on the E or V Tower.

max,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
heartvapor said:
Do you have any others that you can share?
There are lots of graphs, but the release process is rather involved. I tried to pick ones which were the most interesting and provided the best representative significance of what was going on.

heartvapor said:
In each one of the graphs, you started inhaling after a few seconds. But what the graph look like if you just put the battery in and didn't inhale for a lot longer?
Actually, the first three graphs posted were no-inhale conditions. One of these displayed 15 seconds of process without any inhale. Longer times look similar -- fast onset, followed by a definite "knee", followed by a much slower gradual increase.

heartvapor said:
What would it look like you just put the battery in and left it for 30 seconds? What temperature would it reach? how hot exactly can the screen get?
With continuous power applied for minutes, no draw, empty, and lid closed, the max temperature can pass the 451F combustion threshold. The absolute max temperature depends on the specific unit and battery.

heartvapor said:
Also, is there any way for you to explain or show a graph of what the temperature is if you inhale extremely slowly? If you pull really really slowly, like sipping the hottest cigarette you can imagine, around what would the temperature be?
It would look similar to the following, depending on how slowly your draw rate is. Again, readers should remember to read the graph from right to left. Slower draw rates result in higher temperatures.

t5_draw_10_w5_05.gif

-- Magic-Flight

EDIT: I have added some annotations to the graph to show the (um) "essential" transitions. People should know that even under the best of conditions, that things do not always go as planned.

magicflight,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Yay, finally finished all 4103 posts.

I just want to add my vote to the idea of Limited Edition Launch Boxes made from other woods. I'd pay a lot for a mahogany LB but I can see magicflight cringe from here. Birch is a pretty soft wood and mahogany is one of the hardest. I don't know the manufacturing process details but I'll bet that making LBs from other woods isn't as simple as simply picking up a block of walnut instead of birch.

My dream Launch Box: polished mahogany, platinum mesh screen trench, gold contact wires, gold retaining pin for the unbreakable crystal cover. That probably wouldn't function properly but it would be stunning to look at.

On second thought, it's a bit gaudy for the image I have of Magic-Flight. Never mind.

pakalolo,

Budz Bunny

lu said:
Just got my mflb from vapeworld and wow...

I'm in outer space. I never learned how to roll a joint or blunt properly. I always coughed like crazy aftter hitting a bong or pipe. But this box... Use coffee grinder, pack the trench, stick in the battery, gently inhale, and done. So easy to use, it's amazing. I got 3 friends looking to buy one.
Welcome lu! Hands down best portable IMO.

Budz Bunny,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Oh man. I just get so toasty off this little guy.
Every goddam time I just get shockingly high. SO much more than I expect too. I use this thing as my "daily driver" now; it's pretty much everything I ever wanted for my "casual use" vape. My Purple Days always gets me too high (for some areas of applicability :ko:) and I come down too quickly, my vaporstar comes down like a sledgehammer and eats bud like a beast, my vapor genie will retain it's place as my fancy pipe, but even my friend's da buddha and it's monster hits hasn't held it's own in my own personal enjoyment related to and around this device.

Alright, so my testimony may have been influenced by a bowl of Alaskan Thunder Fuck. In all seriousness though, this is a wonderful device that, on top of being startlingly intuitive to use, allows for the highest degree of dosage accuracy in any vape I've had the pleasure of using. Simply put, you can put any amount up to the trench limit, (And though magicflight has stated that the prime spot lies with a full trench or about), and it will work just as well in toasting it to a nice brown. I've curbed my use down to exactly how high I want to get any time of the day, and that's saying something considering I partially use to treat my ADHD which works best in sub-Purple Days doses (The best bud-measurement I've found :lol:). On top of the many aforementioned praises towards the stealth, the quickness of use, the simple learning style, and the portability, I've also found the large number of small light hits to be the unparalleled method of getting me functionally medicated.

I give some serious kudos to magicflight; I'd be pretty proud of this sucker if I was them. A simple, practical application of simple engineering and elegant construction.

:peace:

sneezyjesus,

wolf torn

couldn't agree more with everything you said

you can pack any amount you want....

you can take a single nice pull on it and have a sweet highly functional high going on

never been able to get so high before off such SMALL amounts of weed

wolf torn,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
i just took the stock batteries out of the charger right now and one of them was really hot. is that normal? are both the batteries supposed to be put in when they are at the same battery level or can they be at different levels and charged together? hope i didn't damage them.

getting some real nice vapour though :ko:

TwztedVaper,
I just ordered and received my MFLB a few days ago. I needed a quick, easy way to vape when I didn't have the time or the opportunity to pull out my EQ. After doing much research, I settled on the MFLB as my portable vape and again, all I can say is WOW!

After reading many, many pages related to the MFLB, I tried the many different draw techniques. I have to say, trying to work my EQ and MFLB at the optimal levels have been such a fun experience!

Being a long time smoker, I think I concern myself too much about vapor production. Not that the MFLB doesn't produce vapor, it can create insane amounts of vapor, but I find it harsh and nasty. I find that I'm drawing by taste instead, and am getting wonderful results and with the exception of the very last draw, they're all pretty tasty and I get really, really ripped in a short period of time.

I'm quite amazed at the conservation of herb by this device. Each trench is such a small amount, and if I do happen to get to my third trench during one session, I am truly medicated at this point. I'm finding that 1 1/2 to 2 trenches has me feeling fine and I've been medicating myself for over 18 years and consider myself a heavy user.

I'm also finding that the MFLB avb is much greener than the EQ avb as I'm keeping them in separate containers. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to revape this in my EQ or just have a little more potent avb for cooking.

All in all, I really don't have any complaints about this device, maybe other than the batteries and the battery charger. I feel for the money, the two rechargeable batteries and the recharger that came with it was a joke. I also feel that the batteries that came with the device fit way too snugly and for the people that are concerned about "loosening" the battery port should stop using the batteries it came with. I find the energizer rechargeables, after desleeving (which was a pain in the ass) work rather nice, fits well, and lasts for a minimum of three trenches for me, drawing a minimum of 30 seconds, and a trench will usually give me anywhere between 4-8 draws depending on how full the trench is packed and how fast or slow I draw.

Great device. And both of the vaporizers I have ordered online have been a great experience! Fast processing, free shipping, and I always got my orders 2 days after I ordered! Best online shopping experince for me bar none!

SuperSpliff,

sub

SuperSpliff, did you order it from the magic-flight.com site? Just wasn't sure of that because it redirects to blissSville.com to checkout. I see there are other sites that sell them and that there are also newer revisions of the box. Where should I order this to ensure the latest version and fast shipping? I want to try it now haha, I dunno how long I could wait for! Willing to pay overnight shipping fee, maybe..
Anyway, I also see there is http://magic-flight-vaporizer.com which sells them for the same price and includes free 1-3day priority shipping.
Anyway, thanks!

sub,

max

Out to lunch
SuperSpliff, did you order it from the magic-flight.com site? Just wasn't sure of that because it redirects to blissSville.com to checkout.
BlissSville.com has always been the 'selling site' for MF products. I suspect both sites are 'all in the same family', so to speak.

First I've seen of http://magic-flight-vaporizer.com/ though. Although it's possible that this isn't a MF owned site, I'd be surprised to see an independent seller set up a nice site like this and only sell the LB.

max,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
HighVibes said:
HighVibes said:
Excuse me if I want to dont want to possibly waste a good battery, when I could've just found out beforehand from somebody on here. Gee, I'm REALLY sorry for just asking for some advice.. way to be a dick... and oh yea. I started a thread about this and got my answer within a few minutes. :rolleyes:

mod note: Have you not read the rules? Flaming is not allowed.
Sorry, I didnt know sticking up for yourself was considered flaming (no sarcasm intended, I meant that with respect mods)

mod note: Flaming is flaming. There is never a justification for it. Report a violation. Don't respond in kind.
Ok sorry

HighVibes,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Just returned yesterday from a 4 day music festival. My wife and I each have our own LB. We had access to power in our tent for the charger, so we were set for the whole event. :D

People were amazed at this little gem. I've evidently gotten pretty good at instructing people on LB usage - the folks who tried it out didn't have any problems with getting good results. MF may see a mini surge in orders over the next few days. :lol:

I've developed all sorts of stealth techniques, depending on how close people are to me at the time. The 'fake harmonica' grip is a fun one to use if you are in plain sight of folks, but at enough of a distance that they can't 'hear' you. :lol: Of course, this works best in a venue where people expect to see harmonicas around.

It was quite hot, and I spent a lot of time under water misters to stave off the heat. Pretty sweet that you can still be hitting the LB while staying cool. Can't do that with a blunt or a pipe. :ko:

ps. Oh yeah, and Ziggy Marley puts on a hell of a show. Dude didn't even stop to take a breath between songs.

Zot,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
magicflight said:
HighVibes said:
Do you think it would help if I took some close-up pics of the draw hole to help you determine if its defective?
Its not necessary -- given your clear interest in doing the right thing, we have even more reason to trust. The mere fact of your report being consistent with the details of our earlier experience is enough for us to have a reasonable sense of what happened. Our QA department is good, but not perfect. We know what to check for, but occasionally mistakes are made. This is why we put our warranty in place.

My suggestion would be to use the box Native for a little while and see how things go. If it does not work out, contact us privately and we will issue a replacement. If you do contact us, be sure to mention your FC username.

-- Magic-Flight
Ok will do, thanks. You really do have great customer service. But so with this warranty, if my launch box breaks a year from now, the warranty will still cover it? What if it breaks 20 years from now? haha just wondering. Do I just e-mail you guys if it breaks?

HighVibes,

Isto

Someone mentioned the recharger problem. Is it possible to order launch box without the recharger ?

Also, how did you convert the "battery hole" for standard "energizers" ?

This thing also is for americans only, or is this shipped outside of america ?

Isto,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Isto said:
Someone mentioned the recharger problem. Is it possible to order launch box without the recharger ?

Also, how did you convert the "battery hole" for standard "energizers" ?

This thing also is for americans only, or is this shipped outside of america ?
Yes, you can order just the LB w/out the charger. However, I really like the stock charger that I received from MF along with the LB. And I tried some batteries from elsewhere, and was really disappointed in them. Mostly because I had to customize them with tape in order to get a halfway decent connection in the LB. And they don't seem to pack quite as much punch, even though they are 2700mah batteries.

I learned my lesson, and ordered some extra batteries from Blissville. They fit perfectly, and work better than any others I've tried.

Yes, they ship international. Good luck!

Zot,

Isto

Was that recharger that comes with launch box an USB recharger ? I think i saw a launch box pic somewhere with an USB recharger.

Isto,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Isto said:
Was that recharger that comes with launch box an USB recharger ? I think i saw a launch box pic somewhere with an USB recharger.
Hi - if you mean a charger that is powered off of a USB port, they no longer sell that, as it did not deliver sufficient power.

If you mean does the charger have USB slots in it for powering USB devices; maybe. MF occasionally has to change charger suppliers for various reasons. I've seen at least 3 different ones talked about since I started reading here. I think that one of those did have some USB ports, but I don't know if that is what's currently being sold.

Magicflight - do your stock chargers work internationally if you have a prong adapter?

Zot,

GreenLeaf

What's the best way to do the micro hitting technique that Magic Flight described? Do you put the battery in and let the herb vaporize and then hit the box like you would while smoking a bowl with quick/fast inhales?

GreenLeaf,

Zot

Vaping Phool
GreenLeaf said:
What's the best way to do the micro hitting technique that Magic Flight described? Do you put the battery in and let the herb vaporize and then hit the box like you would while smoking a bowl with quick/fast inhales?
My technique is this. Can't claim that it's the 'best', but it works for me. :ko:

I use the LB native, and let the temperature of the vapor stream on my tongue, as well as the temperature of the box against my lips be my guide.

1. Fully insert battery, wait the 5ish seconds for vapor to start.
2. Form tight seal with lips on LB
3. Take slow sip for a couple seconds.
4. Stop inhaling, leave LB on lips w/ tight seal.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4, using the temperature of the LB and the vapor let you know when to start and stop.
6. When finished, remove the battery and take a fast hard inhale to stir material and clear the micro 'carb'. ;)

Adjust technique with practice.

Anyone have a different micro hit routine?

Zot,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HighVibes said:
... so with this warranty, if my launch box breaks a year from now, the warranty will still cover it? What if it breaks 20 years from now? haha just wondering. Do I just e-mail you guys if it breaks?
Hi,

Yes, we really do mean it -- if you contact us in 20 years with a broken box, we will issue a replacement. The standard assumptions apply -- that we all still exist, etc. Contacting us by email is probably the most reliable means. We try to answer everything within 1 business day.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Isto said:
Is it possible to order launch box without the recharger?
If you order from the BlissSville.com site, you can get them without the charger -- less expensive that way too.

Isto said:
Also, how did you convert the "battery hole" for standard "energizers"?
??? We continue to make minor improvements in the fit, form, and function -- perhaps this is the reason?

Isto said:
This thing also is for Americans only, or is this shipped outside of America?
We ship to many countries around the globe. Typically we require that countries we ship to have a reliable postal system and a reasonably tolerant government. Different resellers also have different policies -- you may want to check in with more than one.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

ltmilo

I have a question for you all. How many bowls do you think equates to a full trench? Like how many bowls would I have to pack in a bong to get as high as i would get off of one full trench on the MFLB? Or are they like the same?

ltmilo,
Top Bottom