scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
All tanks are different shapes/sizes. The billow only worked for me by chance.

If you insert a AA into your mflb is the battery held tight or loose?

scy123,

scy123

I was asking him to gauge weather the billow v2 would work for him. If the AA with no wrapper fits snug the Billow v2 should work, but if the aa just falls out it will not work.

BTW here is the screw I used. It was just a temp solution to get connects tight not a permanent solution. After tightening that I never had temp control problems.... you can see in the video I shake the mflb quite a bit too.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/8yzeHh5.jpg

scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Mine acts like a Matrix Head Jack :rockon: Just plug me in dude! :D

...and don't forget the other findings along the way while you were away @scy123 - turns out that contact material is crucial to contact heating. Until I went full copper, the tip and the sleeve got real hot. This I learned from the battery conversion tests. Huge difference. Even the nickel plate of a fuse got extremely hot.

TommyDee,

Choices

@vandalizedbythelotus I concur with @TommyDee regarding the Target Mini 2. Once you have the tank modified you have a fairly stealth reliable set up. The battery is internal but you can use it multiple sessions before needing to charge it up. Better than glyphs, better than the power adapter from MF. It is amazing for sure!

Choices,
Reactions: TommyDee

scy123

Another option is to get 2 internal battery mods. Sounds expensive, but weren't the target mini 2's like $20 or something before.

Then you can have 1 charging while 1 using.

scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
They did a stock purge at xmas and they have since been restocked probably with new f/w. But you can still get the kit for $40 or under. Basically the tank is $28 so the MOD comes with for $12. Then you can buy any other MOD you want to try because you only need one tank. I have no clue what EU/UK is paying for this stuff to their door. Could be a whole lot more than us.

TommyDee,

vandalizedbythelotus

i wanted a 18650 single cell mod because i already have LG HG2's and would like the ability to swap cells. not a fan of planned obsolescence either even if the target mini is really small and has all the features.
seems like nobody is making single 18650 dna75c mods for a couple of years now tho ... can't seem to find a mod with those features i want for a reasonable price. guess i'll keep looking

vandalizedbythelotus,

scy123

I get you, being able to swap cells is a must for something that you plan on using a lot. You can easily take apart mods to replace batteries though, just gotta be able to find a similar spec battery. Never seen a mod before that was glued instead of screwed together.

I was thinking eventually... maybe.... making something like this with a single 18650/a dna 60 on the bottom and a slot to insert the mflb.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/EoKaYwC.jpg

The cost for something like that would be a lot though, so demand would have to be high.

Choices

i wanted a 18650 single cell mod because i already have LG HG2's and would like the ability to swap cells. not a fan of planned obsolescence either even if the target mini is really small and has all the features.
seems like nobody is making single 18650 dna75c mods for a couple of years now tho ... can't seem to find a mod with those features i want for a reasonable price. guess i'll keep looking

Would the Vaporesso Swag work? It is 80W down to .05 Ohm and uses 18650s. Not sure if the tank that comes with it is as easily modified.
It has the NRG SE Sub-Ohm Tank. It is available online for under $25.Just a thought. I’ll go back to the shallow end now...

scy123

Just wanted to add. Very high chance I will be making the single 18650 DNA 60 mod I posted about above.

You can see it would be very pocket-able and shape friendly (only off thing about the 510 adapter is the shape of the whole thing)

Would be CNC machined in choice materials. Including billet aluminum/peek/ultem/maybe wood.

This is gonna vape better and last way longer than anything out their based on observations.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
So what is the downside of the Vaporesso Gen?

@Choices - I didn't realize that is what that bump was. Nice find. The Swag II looks to have very similar functionality to the Target Mini II at 80 watts. The bump might get in the way or maybe not. If it fits as-is, it would make for an any-rotation feature. Price for the Mod only is nice too.

Last edited:

scy123

I forgot to mention. To get really good deals, buying online direct from China is where it's at usually.

Look at this one going down now. $20 for a mod with built in battery and a very nice tank. Can't comment on how well that tank would convert though..... Any tank would be convertible, just a matter of how much work.
Shipping from China takes a bit sometimes, but is usually free or $2-3

Code:
https://m.gearbest.com/mechanical-mods/pp_3003909176694493.html?wid=2000001

Gearbest is legit good stuff too. And many site like it to get direct from China.

vandalizedbythelotus

thank you guys but the vaporesso gen is a 2 cell mod and i am looking for a single 18650 compact one ... ideally something that fits the monocle visually somewhat ...
i was considering the swag but i wasn't sure about clearance and it seems to me larger than it needs to be. i'll take closer look.

vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: TommyDee

scy123

I see this site has a Lost Vape Coral on sale for $50. It has a dna 60 and just might be the smallest DNA device you will find with a replaceable battery. These use 18500 instead of 18650 though. $50 is the msrp on just the dna chip too.

https://www.vapingon.com/products/lost-vape-coral-dna-60-box-mod

oh Lost Vape also has a 18650 version called the EPetite too

Edit: I kinda don’t trust that site lol..... they seem to have a lot of discontinued mods on sale.....

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Anything over 30 watts will be overkill for the Launch Box.

The Swag II says it can take a 25mm tank. Measurements say it will fit in at least one orientation, and most likely will fit in 3, two of which are useful. That one is worth trying when they go on sale. And it is the latest chipset for them.

vandalizedbythelotus

@scy123 yeah they seem to be out of stock ... and i'm in the EU so can't really justify shipping and customs for something like this out of the US.

seems decent mods are now either built-in battery or dual cell mods

also are you sure dna60/75/75c can do 0.05? because from what i could find it seems only 250c mods can go so low.

found a Jacvapour Series B DNA75 locally but it seems to only go down to 0.15.

i may have to settle for a dual cell mod if i can't find a single nice one. i'd like to be able to use it with other vapes as well like dreamwood/splinter/etc.
not even looking for cheap at this point either

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,

scy123

You can get data sheets for all in production dna chips at https://www.evolvapor.com/

they list min/max ohms as (see graph) and typical as 0.15ohm. If you look at the graphs you can see they can go below 0.05ohms and they list the max power output you can achieve at that ohms.

I don't really want to guarentee anything, but they have an official forum and it was pretty active last time I used it. https://forum.evolvapor.com/

Edit: also, according to data sheet graph for dna 75... at 0.05ohm you can only do 40w max. Not that you would want to run the mflb over 40w, but more a just so you know.

Edit: Oh, I just realized by looking at some graphs. To get the kinda short instant hits I did in the video, it would boost well past 75w in the first m/s. Might not matter if you like to take a longer drag, but more power gives you more options.

Last edited:

vandalizedbythelotus

i see, than you that makes sense.
so found the following mods locally:
swag 2 - 40$
gen 40-50$
lost vape mirage 115$
leaning towards the gen ...

vandalizedbythelotus,

scy123

Don't see a problem with either. As long as that bump don't interfere with mflb. The gen does look pretty nice.

scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Swag's bump will clear the box below and likely behind the box. I too am impressed by the Gen. I will probably pick up a Swag 2 to see where the firmware is on these newer units.

vandalizedbythelotus

Swag's bump will clear the box below and likely behind the box. I too am impressed by the Gen. I will probably pick up a Swag 2 to see where the firmware is on these newer units.
behind seems better due to the screen as well but then the side buttons are facing down ... and the gen, altho pretty, seems a bit huge for the task. (but perhaps i can find other uses for it)

also very much like the idea of just a 18650 battery holder, mod board, and AA adapter.

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,

vandalizedbythelotus

quick mockup with other parts but you get the gist

edit: as i'm drawing this i realize it's more or less the same layout as the swag

Last edited:
vandalizedbythelotus,
Reactions: Ramahs
Top Bottom