scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Just realized I've been using this like I would an ecig the whole time (only firing when pulling). But, with the temp control, I could use this more like a conventional vape and prime a pull by firing before a pull and let it heat up and build vapor. (Also, a testament of how great this is. The session video was done with 0 priming)

I know i'm really into short 1-2 sec pulls of dense vapor. I believe short highly dense pulls reduce coughing. I know this from vaping high nicotine strength ejuice. The higher the strength the more irritation and likely hood you will cough and the only way for me to vape ejuice so high strength would be to take short high vapor density draws. (I’m talking 40mg+ when a regular would be 6mg here)

(Think of it like a bong. If you take it all even spaced in a 6 sec draw, you will probably cough before finish. But, if you take it all in one big ass m/s draw you will probably be good)

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Yep, that is why temp control of the LB is so cool! You can set the wattage limit to what you can actually draw. 15 watts is tame compared to what you can make it do.

scy123

Was actually thinking about just making an ecig like tank with an Extreme Q style basket screen for bowl. Would probably cost about the same as an adapter and be way easy to just replace/wash Extreme Q style screens.

MFLB has a patent on mesh style vaporizers though. Been reading up on it to see if I can make something that does not infringe patent.

Choices

@TommyDee my Vaporesso Swag has arrived! I will need to check the specifics of what type of 18650 cells it will take. I have Haze, Mist Vape Touch, and Vapor Genie Volta compatible cells. It the LB fits quite well and in fact is easier to grip/hold compared to the Target Mini II. I will do some digging and see what 18650 cells are compatible with the unit. Thoughts from you or @scy123 ? Thanks!

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Its math - 80 watts divided by 3.6V equals 22.222.... amps required. So a 25 amps capable cell is fine. Unprotected! You need to see if they recommend button top or flat top.

TommyDee,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Oh so true. No quality cell will have "FIRE" in the name :mental:
Almost any cell will work at 15 watts. I'd think for safety's sake you'd want to match the Mod's capability.
25-30 amps cells are available. Peek rating would probably suffice as the Mods have time-outs set.

TommyDee,

scy123

I'd go for 20a cells. It's a perfect mix of amperage and capacity. 20a cells come in 3500mah capacity. The 25-30a cells only come in 2000mah last I checked... higher amperage cells usually have less capacity.

scy123,

scy123

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Either will do. They both have 30 amp continuous capabilities if temps are managed. I have 10 year old junk cells that can run the LB at 15 watts.

TommyDee,

scy123

Yea, it's just nice to know what you are really getting. People claim anything these days.

scy123,

scy123

Wanted to mention for the people interested in diy. Sorry for the double post can't edit post anymore and this would be nice to know for those interested in making an adapter.

I never really intended for this to be a diy project so I never really talked about how to make. It's actually very simple.

"Most" tanks work by having the whole or most of the tank negative and a single positive part. Take this pic, the whole thing is negative (even part I am touching) That center part is the only positive part. You can see I lucked out and the jacket surrounding the positive was the right size for the loop and it was only a matter of extending the positive.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/1DPIrke.jpg

vinnyzan

Wanted to mention for the people interested in diy. Sorry for the double post can't edit post anymore and this would be nice to know for those interested in making an adapter.

I never really intended for this to be a diy project so I never really talked about how to make. It's actually very simple.

"Most" tanks work by having the whole or most of the tank negative and a single positive part. Take this pic, the whole thing is negative (even part I am touching) That center part is the only positive part. You can see I lucked out and the jacket surrounding the positive was the right size for the loop and it was only a matter of extending the positive.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/1DPIrke.jpg
Is something more compact then the pic in your av possible ? That's like some Tim Allen home improvement shit. More power !

The mflb batteries are underwhelming so you guys are definitely onto something. Definitely have my attention, but I would prioritize use in public alot more if possible.

vinnyzan,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The palm-able cells are still pocket-able for out and about. And it will provide a glyph-level experience you've never before enjoyed. Temp mode on a custom curve through a Mod will blow that to shit in a heartbeat though. I think the end result is about the same - baked!

Last edited:
TommyDee,
Reactions: vinnyzan

scy123

Thousands of mods out there. Some can be really small, but yea.... I'm a more power type guy. The smallest most capable mod I have is the Target Mini (these will only handle the resistance of the Muad Dib though the mflb is lower resistance than this one will handle)

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/7fBOVrt.jpg

With diy you can only go so far really. When I start making stuff for sale will definitely keep pocket friendly in mind. The cost for going beyond a simple power adapter would be more though, especially given I would have to work with electronics and such. Here is a sample of something I had in mind with a battery on the side and chip on the bottom. These would be CNC machined too so quality will not be matched. I would give time estimate on a simple power adapter 6-8 months and beyond that just touching a year (corona will probably screw with these estimates though) Sorry, I hate taking so long but, these will be made by me personally so, I need to setup the gear to be able to make these.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/EoKaYwC.jpg

Also, I made a second video around the time I made the first one. The first video was more of a demonstration of the short pulls you can take the second is on more tame settings (350f temp control 40w max) I had to vape through the moisture on the herb so the couple first seconds of the video may be underwhelming but, if you wait through, you can definitely see the potential. especially given that I could do 800 pulls off a charge.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9OscdJRss

You can really abuse it a lot without worrying about ever going over set temp more then 10f. The whole pull would be around +-10f in fact.

Edit: for those interested in diy, please keep in mind temp control relies on accurate ohm readings. I can't comment on how well a diy will do on temp control as the mflb in general does not focus on tight connections. On wattage mode the mod will always adjust to the (maybe poor connections by upping the volts) So you "should" be good.

Last edited:
scy123,
Reactions: vinnyzan

vinnyzan

Thousands of mods out there. Some can be really small, but yea.... I'm a more power type guy. The smallest most capable mod I have is the Target Mini (these will only handle the resistance of the Muad Dib though the mflb is lower resistance than this one will handle)

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/7fBOVrt.jpg

With diy you can only go so far really. When I start making stuff for sale will definitely keep pocket friendly in mind. The cost for going beyond a simple power adapter would be more though, especially given I would have to work with electronics and such. Here is a sample of something I had in mind with a battery on the side and chip on the bottom. These would be CNC machined too so quality will not be matched. I would give time estimate on a simple power adapter 6-8 months and beyond that just touching a year (corona will probably screw with these estimates though) Sorry, I hate taking so long but, these will be made by me personally so, I need to setup the gear to be able to make these.

Code:
https://i.imgur.com/EoKaYwC.jpg

Also, I made a second video around the time I made the first one. The first video was more of a demonstration of the short pulls you can take the second is on more tame settings (350f temp control 40w max) I had to vape through the moisture on the herb so the couple first seconds of the video may be underwhelming but, if you wait through, you can definitely see the potential. especially given that I could do 800 pulls off a charge.

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl9OscdJRss

You can really abuse it a lot without worrying about ever going over set temp more then 10f. The whole pull would be around +-10f in fact.

Edit: for those interested in diy, please keep in mind temp control relies on accurate ohm readings. I can't comment on how well a diy will do on temp control as the mflb in general does not focus on tight connections. On wattage mode the mod will always adjust to the (maybe poor connections by upping the volts) So you "should" be good.
That's a hell of alot of battery life, even if you can get through 2 trench's and a battery that holds a charge would be a big improvement. I can't stand how the batteries die even if you don't use them.

I'm not really a diy guy, so I'll keep my eyes open to see what you can come up with.

vinnyzan,

scy123

I'll do what I can to please. I am pretty ocd when it comes to "toys" so you can be sure if i'm satisfied with how it turns out you will be too.

Maybe I just like different stuff then other people, but I really do think a mod controlled mflb at high power cannot be beat by anything else out there. I made my say, Including multiple graphs/videos and detailed explanations.

I really gotta apologize though, I do not take criticism well. Have to really be more pacified from now on.

scy123

Sorry, for repost, can't edit post anymore and this seems interesting.

Seems MFLB is sending out these emails.

"Wise folks have long known that the Box is the safest and purest vaporizer on the market. And now, with lung health being critically important, many people are rediscovering what made the Launch Box the best choice to begin with: an organic, clean, efficient, time-tested vaporizer that leverages the benefits of dry herb with none of the concerns of additives or cartridges, lithium batteries, or poor quality heating coils."

Seems they are against lithium batteries. I can see them being more dangerous if not properly looked at, but pretty safe when you use them properly.

Just thought it was interesting to know the chances of mflb going lithium is not looking good. I actually have to look at it more carefully too, to make sure I didn't miss something that could go wrong. One major concern is if some one tried to use a mech mod it would try to pull 50a and 185w from the battery.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Well, MODs are Li-ion cells so not sure where they are going with that. Most likely just an advertising slogan when Li-ion started getting vilified. I'd say in return their current cells aren't much safer. They get hot in the charger and in use. The cells they sent me that I paid good money for are actually dangerous.

TommyDee,

scy123

Yea, most if not all AA are under rated by a lot. I don't think their is a AA rated at what the mflb will try to pull.

Liion did get villified a lot when people where new to them and did not know how to use them properly. The only way a liion will blow in your pocket is of course when they short on your keys or change. But they make people seem to think they blow up for no reason.

The msg did seem advertisey too........ Like if I made a hyperbolic claim at least I try to back it up or it's obviously a given.

scy123,
Top Bottom