Choices

Hi @Ramahs I totally get the “stock device” love. I bought a PA years ago and while I enjoyed what it could do it was just too unwieldy for the overall percentage improvement of the experience. What makes this different is it takes the genius of the simplicity of the box itself as a vaping device and pairs it with an energy source of greater reliability and replication of delivered effect. Here me out on this and be open to the possibility that improvement of the MFLB experience is possible. The Vaporesso Target Mini 2 fitted with adaptor thought up by @TommyDee is essentially no bigger than a set of 3-4 Glyph cells. All it adds is 5 clicks and an easy to press toggle switch. I haven’t explored any menus. I have no idea what the setting I have is equivalent to as far as a Glyph cell goes. But I know it is better vapor, taste, efficiency and effect than Glyph cells as well as being better than PA from MFLB in all four mentioned areas. If you can afford to buy the Target Mini 2 kit, I’ve seen them of late for around $30, I ask you to consider trying it. My good fortune was to have @TommyDee construct mine. It has completely changed how I value the device. Think about it... (FYI: I still have all my Glyphs in case of failure though)

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
That’s kinda like saying.... why tune/mod your car to get better performance.... their are other cars with the performance you want. People are gonna mod to get what they like, might as well ask anyone who mods anything.... why are you doing that, I like it another way.

I would understand where you are coming from if the mflb with AA was perfectly satisfying, but I never found AA satisfying, quite the opposite. When I had the mflb back in the day I was actually very pro vaping, but had to switch back to rolling joints, my experience was that bad. That was actually where I got the idea for this mod. I was vaping ecigs at the time and realized the mflb is just like an ecig atomizer and if I got it to work together it would be tops.

When I figured out how to do it the most legit way, was night and day. Went from meh.... I’ll pass to holy shit this is too much now..... in a good way.

Edit: also their is no vape on the market that does what this can do. From cold start to almost instant vaporizing temp. At max settings a 1 sec pull from cold can even overwhelm you with vapor, all this with accurate temp control/cutoff.

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
That’s kinda like saying.... why tune/mod your car to get better performance.... their are other cars with the performance you want.
IMO a more accurate analogy of what he's saying would be something like.. "If you own a Ducati (or even a dirt bike), why try to super-mod your Moped".. Still to each their own, and I can see the appeal.. I get where both views are coming from.. Personally, I think the Mod's, even the battery on a leash, etc, is pretty awesome, but for me it's about 6 years too late.. Like Ramahs I'd rather let my MFLB be what it is at this point, and use other Beast vapes I have.. they each serve a different purpose.. but I'm not against anyone trying to super-mod their moped; IMO it's all about having fun w/ this stuff..
I would understand where you are coming from if the mflb with AA was perfectly satisfying, but I never found AA satisfying, quite the opposite. When I had the mflb back in the day I was actually very pro vaping, but had to switch back to rolling joints, my experience was that bad.
For me, I used to be a HUGE MF fan, like many others, and I usually had the kind of tolerance that made using batteries of any kind a hassle after how many trenches I'd vape, but I liked the Vape Signature, so I'd periodically switch back; and unless I was on the go away from power outlets, I'd be using it w/ the PA 90-95% of the time; batteries satisfied me for me for low tolerance/micro-dose situations, especially on the go..
Edit: also their is no vape on the market that does what this can do. From cold start to almost instant vaporizing temp. At max settings a 1 sec pull from cold can even overwhelm you with vapor, all this with accurate temp control/cutoff.
I think it's really cool, and would totally be interested in using something like this, although at this point, I feel no real urgency to do so.. I'm definitely not against any of this, or people being creative and trying to mod anything... what drew me to this place is the potential for open discussion about mechanics and DIY experimentation, etc, so I think what you guys are doing is good.. IMO I think that's something there was never nearly quite enough of on this forum (Pipes is the man though! there are definitely others, but he stands out most for me), and IMO this place tends to favor a lot of product and manufacturer pimping.. the majority makes a place what it is, but that doesn't mean others shouldn't be allowed/encouraged to create their own even more niche environment within it, I think it's commendable to do so, even if the majority is disinterested.. Keep doing what you're doing and having fun.. This vape has a special place in my heart, and it's cool to still see people showing it love.

Edit: sorry I misspelled your name Ramahs.. When I read it I always see Rhambas for some reason :spliff:

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
That’s kinda like saying.... why tune/mod your car to get better performance.... their are other cars with the performance you want. People are gonna mod to get what they like, might as well ask anyone who mods anything.... why are you doing that, I like it another way.

No. You misunderstand. Just because I say that I have no interest in doing it, doesn't mean that I'm saying that you or anyone else shouldn't do it. I think what y'all are doing is cool and interesting, just not for me. But again, that doesn't mean that I'm saying everyone else is required to share my opinion on it. That would be a weird attitude to have, but you seem to have read that out of what I said. And I'm not sure why.

We're here to share our feelings on this vape, not to tell other people what their opinions on this vape should be. It's perfectly okay if we don't both want to use this vape in the same way.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Aha, finally some data to share.

I didn't realize the Target Mini II could be used as a watts meter.
I can now give an accurate [ha! best derived] consistent data on performance based on voltage.
Source - a well used launch box reporting 0.08 ohms on the TMII. The Mini is set to variable volts mode
Mode - Variable Voltage [voltage is manually raised in 0.10 volt increments starting at 0.50 volts as this is the TMII minimum resolution]
Contacts - Copper electrode in gold contact; copper pennies (<1981) to stainless steel
Test - Read watts at 5 seconds. Let cool between readings

On-screen read-back - volts | watts | ohms | duration

0.50V 2.86W 0.08 ohms @5 sec
0.60V 4.13W
0.70V 5.37W
0.80V 6.95W
0.90V 8.88W
1.00V 10.6W
1.10V 12.2W
1.20V 14.3W
1.30V 16.4W
1.40V 18.6W
1.50V 21.5W
1.60V 23.1W
1.70V 27.8W
1.80V 30.6W This should vape the honey on the screen nicely.

Contact was lost at 1.60V and reset. Wattage was consistent up to 1.30V where a notable drop was seen from initial heating wattage reading to the 5-second reading. This is likely due to contact resistance changing from thermal influence but could also be contributed to the thermal dynamics of the Launch Box. This gives us a reasonable limit of about 10 amps based on self-maintained contact. However, the 1.80V reading was achieved without intervention by holding just the TMII. That is an impressive 17 amps from whoknowswhatsmaintainingcontactpressure forces!

Last edited:

scy123

IMO a more accurate analogy of what he's saying would be something like.. "If you own a Ducati (or even a dirt bike), why try to super-mod your Moped"

That’s still not accurate. This mods makes the mflb on par with any vape out their. So it would be like if you could mod a moped to be on par with a Ducati in every way why not? Even if I had a Ducati I would do it for kicks. The face of the Ducati guy getting ripped by a moped would be priceless.

edit: also you can easily convert the mflb back by inserting a aa. Or if you want power insert back the mod. Takes 2 seconds. Now you have a powerhouse and a small aa unit in 1.

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
@scy123 Let me quote myself, summed up..
IMO a more accurate analogy of what he's saying would be something like.. "If you own a Ducati (or even a dirt bike), why try to super-mod your Moped"....... I can see the appeal....... I'm not against anyone trying to super-mod their moped; IMO it's all about having fun w/ this stuff..
I think it's really cool, and would totally be interested in using something like this, although at this point, I feel no real urgency to do so.. I'm definitely not against any of this, or people being creative and trying to mod anything...
Keep doing what you're doing and having fun.. This vape has a special place in my heart, and it's cool to still see people showing it love.
I think maybe you are skipping over words and meaning, and misunderstanding me? IMO it was a more accurate analogy of what he was saying.

That’s still not accurate. This mods makes the mflb on par with any vape out their. So it would be like if you could mod a moped to be on par with a Ducati in every way why not? Even if I had a Ducati I would do it for kicks. The face of the Ducati guy getting ripped by a moped would be priceless.

edit: also you can easily convert the mflb back by inserting a aa. Or if you want power insert back the mod. Takes 2 seconds. Now you have a powerhouse and a small aa unit in 1.
I have no doubts that it makes the LB a whole other vape, and that it kicks ass, night and day in comparison to a normal LB.. and maybe on par w/ Many vapes out there, but any vape out there? Ok man, I'll respect your opinion.. seeing as how I haven't tried one..
:peace:

Lets be realistic for a moment about the Ducati/Moped thing (on it's own), just for fun.. You can super mod a moped enough to kick it's previous ass, and be happy w/ that, but still to think it would hold it's own against a Ducati going full throttle seems like a pipe dream.. Even if your goal was to make it on par w/ a Ducati, I'd imagine by the time you put enough power into it, and beef up the frame etc, you'll just have a wannabe Ducati that you dumped a bunch of money into and made it unrecognizable, and while you may be very proud of it, you might as well have just bought a Ducati and kept your moped too.. At that point it would be kinda like that Futurama episode, "The Six Million Dollar Mon" S7E7, where Hermes gets addicted to body mods, and keeps upgrading to the point where he just becomes a 100% robot w/ no original parts, and they took all his old parts and sewed them back together and brought the original Hermes back, him having learned a valuable lesson, while his new modded version of himself went out to live its own life LMAO!!.. Still, like I said, I get the appeal, and I'm not against it.. have fun.

Last edited:

scy123

Sorry, got a little blindsided. Sure you are open to your own opinion. My bad

edit: also, I get drunk and browse forums at night sometimes, ended up bad before, so, I’ll probably not post again unless I have something ready. A little update on that.... I would say 6-8 months. I have been working on updating my CNC machine, so might be able to get it machined. The machine can probably only do aluminum safely and don’t know about what people think of aluminum in vapes. If anything I can machine it in PEEK or ultem.

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
@scy123
I wasn't trying to blindside anyone, but it seemed like the conversation had a semantics issue, and was determined to go around and around, and I was just trying to offer a more balanced perspective on the conversation, since I think it's cool what you guys are doing, but I also get what Ramahs was getting at.. Sorry if it didn't help.. maybe words could have been chosen better, and also maybe they could've been understood better.

No need to stop posting man, really, and good luck w/ the project.

Buildozer,
Reactions: TommyDee

Choices

Remember all with the MFLB it’s all about flying! Some folks like to travel by jet, others like a Cessna 150. As long as you leave the plane with a smile, all is good!

scy123

For sure will be making simple 510 adaptors, those would be very easy to make with the right tools. Will run extensive testing on those (ie getting baked all the time) and if I feel it lives up to my hype will expand. Really, a single 18650 has around +-10wh which is good for 360 5 second max power (20w) puffs before taking into account efficiency and loss. So you should be able to see the potential.

edit: also, so you know I’m serious. I inputted the values into a well known ecig calc. (The calc has limits so some values are not exact, but the runtime/puff estimate would be the same)
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/D0XEWbh.png
also you gotta realize that at 20w these would be max power holy shit vapor settings not normal ones. 400 puffs on a single battery would rip on the top portables for sure...... not a pipe dream......

These would be on demand puffs too, to be taken when ever. Unlike what’s out there now and taking a few puffs would require a ton of energy (lost energy) heating up the element to operating temp and more energy lost in between puffs keeping that heating element heated. The Crafty + I have runs around 15w nominal and has to be on all the time vaping. 15w nominal would be what you would realistically run the mflb at, so a 10 min session on a crafty + would equal 120 (5) second anytime puffs on a modded mflb. (The setup I have in avatar has twice the energy capacity of a Crafty + too so yea........)

Now you gotta think about the tinkerers. With all the bells and whistles (custom firing curves/data collection/infinite temp control and can even flash your own custom firmware by just plugging it into usb ) No other vape on the market is gonna touch any of this.

Now you gotta think about replaceable batteries. With a mod I can just put in a fresh recharged 18650. So I can cycle charge and never have to plug in. Also thousands of ecig mods out their. I can get waterproof mods if I wanted..... where are the waterproof vapes at?

Mods run as low as $10-20 for even the most advanced stuff out their too. And millions of people have mflb or willing to sell cheap. So, buy in is really nothing compared to potential.

Last edited:

scy123

Also, I gotta talk about vapor quality. Sorry, can’t edit post anymore. The crafty + or even a heavy weight desktop can’t touch the mflb in terms of vapor quality. Remember, with the mod and temp control, it will boost up to set temp using the set wattage. So, if I set it to use 80w max to maintain 350f it will boost to 350f with 80w and drop to maintain temp. I was not joking when I said a 1 second pull could overwhelm you with vapor.... and just vapor, zero burning.

And it’s maintaining temp the whole pull. If you’re pulling for 10 seconds it’s gonna be a full 10s pull at set temp. You’re not gonna out vape 80w too so.....

If you like wispy vapor/taking long ass pulls to get hits or hitting out a bag. I can see why you would not think this is good stuff. But, taking my 1st drag off this at high power was more then anything I have tasted before.... this is with 10+ years vaping and having all the good stuff, including $800 volcanos.

Edit: I posted a session video before, but will post it again to show I am not exaggerating. This is on 400f temp control and 80w max. You can see I only take short draws, but all hits have a very satisfying amount of vapor..... This is from fresh ground and cold start. No other vape one market can do this. Near end I almost choke on vapor....I remember, I was like wtf how much vapor did I just get from that.

Code:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cR2jmGK_KnQ&feature=emb_logo&ebc=ANyPxKogUHnwo8JgtEcNWS7dhQOKlmZ7g_0na_rXagkzDg_QNfIXd3u-_GJY2HB35oBRvQwuhzf5cN7yfHXejU95YAt_62nwvw

and smooth whole way.... no hints of coughing. I usually stop cause I don’t want to cough more but this one was like.... ok I’m too high now.

Last edited:

scy123

Wanted to show the response time on the temp control. So, I graphed a 20s pull. First 5 seconds is a steady pull and after that I start pulling eradicly. (This was on muad dib with custom screen btw)

Dark red is set temp light red is current temp and green is power. The whole pull used 52.36 mWh and my mod has 25Wh capacity..... So, I could take 477 of these 20 second pulls off a single charge. (also, keep in mind I just did a 20 second pull to extend graph, non of my regular pulls will come close to this long.)

+-10f whole way.
Code:
https://i.imgur.com/10DefRB.png

Last edited:
scy123,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Got it. That recommendation on the Target Mini II has been spot-on. It holds many sessions but normally I just put it back on a cell-charger when I'm done. I also use the MOD to clean the screen. Just vape off whatever I can from the session. Not something you could do easily before. It's a whole lot cleaner now then before the MOD!

TommyDee,
Top Bottom