The Lotus Vaporizer

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The bowl is NOT threaded (which is one of my selling points) It slides on and off (held in place with a small magnet)

Spacenstein

I've been using the Lotus for only two days now and I think it's time for a first impression review. I wrote down notes as I've been using the Lotus-- so, sorry that this review isn't in any order.

The entire build of the unit feels very nice and sturdy. Sort of heavy, which I like. The 6.5" stem is very long, but necessary to easily see the red hot spot. The vapor cap and magnets hold together very well, and stay together even when dropped.

The red hot spot is one of the best features of this unit. With a VG or Supreme, you have either no way of telling the temperature of your air.. or a timely digital thermometer. After a few sessions with the Lotus, you'll be subconsciously creating a perfect red hot spot. The discoloration of the nickel plate is sort of annoying, but only visual-- no soot is left behind.

The pull or drag of the unit is most comparable to an MFLB packed to the brim. Although, it is very easy to start pulling slower/faster to change your vapor-to-air ratio.

The anodized stem is very easy to hold. It also cools down the vapor verrrry quickly. This can be annoying when you're in the learning stage, because burning is easier when you can't feel the vapor getting hotter. The stem gets comfortably hot after 3-4 bowls.

The vapor cap, as shown before, has 6 large intake holes and 13 small output holes. I feel that the 13 inner holes create some sort of even air dispersing effect.. even when I have my flame on the left side of the nickel plate.. the entire bowl gets evenly heated.

This vaporizer also has a verrrrry good taste. I've owned a Zap and had the pleasure of having tasty hit, after hit. This vaporizer has a similar, if not exact ability. Although, you'll also be able to taste those higher temperature hits.. which some may not prefer.

Some people said stirring is necessary but I disagree. I guess most of you were packing your bowls with more herb than I am.. I just sprinkle one scoop, or enough to cover the entire screen.. then put a bit of kief atop of everything. I get 5-6 good hits from this, with out stirring. If you decide to pack a large bowl, stirring would be necessary though.

The nickel plate is comparable to the Supreme in that you heat up the plate, and then inhale. For those of you VG owners.. you know you always had to inhale an entire lung and a half until you start getting vapor. With this.. You heat up until you see red spot, start inhaling, then remove flame when you're done with hit.

It's different from the Supreme in that the nickel plate cools down, and stops vaporization immediately. You can touch the hot plate/place in pocket after about 12 seconds.

The torch lighter they provide you with is very nice but it needs a larger tank.

I'll post other things as they come about and answer questions, but over all I am loving this little sucker!!!

-Vaked Spacenstein

[URL='http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/best-of-the-lotus-vaporizer-thread.16733/'] [/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:

Beebo

Hi All - this is my first post on FC! Anyway, I just got my Lotus and after only having run a couple bowls through it, I'm in total agreement with Spacenstein's assessment. I'm very impressed. Not only does it work really well, which is the bottom line, but it's a beautiful: a meticulously designed and very high quality bit of hardware.

Cheers,
~B~

Spacenstein

Also.. for those of you who are interested in the bowl.. It's the same size as a top to a Essential VAAAPP vial-- or a little shallower than a chapstick lid.

@Max Jitter

How much would a replacement vapor cap be?

Spacenstein,

lwien

So to all you Lotus owners..........ya still liken it?

And to Spaceinstein, I noticed in your sig that you retired all of your vapes except the Lotus. Is that still holding true today?

lwien,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
lwien said:

And to Spaceinstein, I noticed in your sig that you retired all of your vapes except the Lotus. Is that still holding true today?

Yes I am interested too.

And also, when is this water adapter kit going to be available?

Im in the process of selling one vape so i'm prob gonna grab a Lotus soon but ill wait if the water adapter is right around the corner.

JDSupreme,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
Lotus folks emailed me and the water pipe adapter should be on their website Friday.

pinoy,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
lwien said:

I am. In fact, I brought it in from the shed so I could have it closer to my ADD vape rotation.

Good news that the WP adapter will be here by the end of the week! :) THIS is exciting for me, because it kind of brings the nostalgia of old school bong smoking.

AGBeer,

lwien

AGBeer said:
lwien said:

I am. In fact, I brought it in from the shed so I could have it closer to my ADD vape rotation.

Good news that the WP adapter will be here by the end of the week! :) THIS is exciting for me, because it kind of brings the nostalgia of old school bong smoking.

For in-home use, are you using it more than the LB?

I'm really thinkin' about getting either the LB or the Lotus, not for portable use, but for instantaneous use for those times that I have a brain fart and forget to fire up my PD being that I no longer keep it on 24/7.

lwien,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
For in home use - yes. Its quick, convenient and to the point. The LB is as well, but its a totally different hitting tech and well, a different vape. :p

I like the Lotus as well because it has that pipelike feel to it. Ive also found that noobs tend to have a little more success with the Lotus as you can hit it much harder and still get a good hit. Whereas the LB takes a little more finesse, and the hit tech is very much learned (in our world) :)

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
AGBeer said:
For in home use - yes. Its quick, convenient and to the point. The LB is as well, but its a totally different hitting tech and well, a different vape. :p

I like the Lotus as well because it has that pipelike feel to it. Ive also found that noobs tend to have a little more success with the Lotus as you can hit it much harder and still get a good hit. Whereas the LB takes a little more finesse, and the hit tech is very much learned (in our world) :)

Can you compare hit quality between the 2?

JDSupreme,

DaProfessor

pinoy said:
Lotus folks emailed me and the water pipe adapter should be on their website Friday.

I hope this is true. If it does show up, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one (lol, seems to be a popular phrase now). Which is obscene, as I have a VHW and Myrtlezap in the mail also :D I'm about to be inundated with vapes!

DaProfessor,

lwien

DaProfessor said:
pinoy said:

I hope this is true. If it does show up, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on one (lol, seems to be a popular phrase now). Which is obscene, as I have a VHW and Myrtlezap in the mail also :D I'm about to be inundated with vapes!

Oh.......ooooooo.......oooo.......new toys. !!!

lwien,

Spacenstein

lwien said:

Still lovin' it. The name of this vaporizer should still be known as the Lotus Clean-Air Vaporizer because the highs I am getting seem to feel very clear and clean.

When I say retired.. I mean I owned it, then sold it.. or traded it.. I've never had more than two vapes at a time. I do plan to pickup an MFLB&PA with in the next week because I really miss my old one-- so it will have some competition, again.

-S

Spacenstein,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Mother fucker!!! I finally just went to pull the trigger on the Lotus and Vaporstore is out of stock on the short stems!! Grrrrrrrrr!! Go figure. Sooooo when is Lotus's actual site getting them in stock again? I was thinking about just getting my own jet flame lighter from a local shop. Vaporstore seems to only sell the kit w/ lighter. I think im going to buy a lighter that can hold a larger amount of butane. I read somewhere in the thread that the kit lighter is on the smaller side (4 to 5 bowls per refil i think it was?)

And im gonna take a shot in the dark... is there any way to get a different color outer ring, other than blue, black, or wood? Even if I paid extra for it? :brow:

JDSupreme,

lwien

So Max, which length facilitates an easier look at the red hot spot on the Lotus?

Also, does the longer length add very much to the cooling of the vapor?

lwien,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
JDSupreme said:
is there any way to get a different color outer ring, other than blue, black, or wood? Even if I paid extra for it? :brow:
There would be quite a cost difference for a custom ring, $20 or more. What if we supplied the hex wrench to remove the Lotus ring and hot plate and you painted it yourself. Just out of curiosity, what color are you interested in?
Is there any interest in the forum for exotic inlays in the ring? There are a lot of talented woodworkers in Mendocino county that might be available (just thinkin').

David and Michael,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lwien said:
So Max, which length facilitates an easier look at the red hot spot on the Lotus?

Also, does the longer length add very much to the cooling of the vapor?

I really like the longer stem to make it easier to see the red spot, but it might not be an issue for younger eyes.
I don't think the stem length makes any difference with cooling the vapor. By the time the vapor goes through 2-3 inches of stem it's been cooled.

lwien

Ok, one more question. Being that you've been out of stock on them for awhile, will the next batch that you produce have any kind of running improvements done on them?

lwien,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Max Jitter said:
JDSupreme said:
is there any way to get a different color outer ring, other than blue, black, or wood? Even if I paid extra for it? :brow:
There would be quite a cost difference for a custom ring, $20 or more. What if we supplied the hex wrench to remove the Lotus ring and hot plate and you painted it yourself. Just out of curiosity, what color are you interested in?

That would work I have no problem painting it myself in fact I'd actually almost rather do that since I can be picky with the color. I would want a yellow/gold ring (Steelers fan here) :)

Is there a certain type of paint that should be used?

I don't think the stem length makes any difference with cooling the vapor. By the time the vapor goes through 2-3 inches of stem it's been cooled.

Sweet I def want to go with a short stem then. Any idea when either the lotus site or vaporstore will have short stems in stock?

JDSupreme,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
JDSupreme said:
Sweet I def want to go with a short stem then. Any idea when either the lotus site or vaporstore will have short stems in stock?

Should be by the end of the month but no guarantees.

David and Michael,
Top Bottom